The Flue Doctor.Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since January 2011

22286 Cottage hill dr

Grass Valley, CA 95949

Hi, I'm Shad Sidebottom, owner of The Flue Doctor chimney sweep and dryer vent cleaning service. I have 18 years of knowledge and experience in the chimney cleaning and dryer vent service industry. I only use the latest methods and technologies, and our equipment is the most sophisticated on the

11/09/2017

HK A.

Numerous calls, no returned call. Finally scheduled and they never showed up. No call, no email, nothing. I called several times and my calls were never returned.

Description of Work
Chimney swept and spark arrestor repaired

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

We have you rescheduled for Monday November 13th at 4 p.m. I'm not sure what the confusion is but I will be calling you at 7 a.m.

10/26/2017

Connie R.

I have used them for a number of years. They are reliable and efficient. This is the first time they were late. They did call and let me know they were running late. Every other time they always arrived right on time. I will continue to us them and recommend their service.

Description of Work
They cleaned the pellet stove, the fireplace chimney, dryer vent and the ceiling fan.

08/08/2017

Gari G.

they were great...as they always are

Description of Work
clean and check my fireplace

06/29/2014

Marva K.

They were perfect! Good price, excellent job. Very conscientious.

Description of Work
Washed outside windows and screens of my house.

Category window cleaning

03/07/2014

PETER G.

After all the work was done, he vacuumed around / in front and top of stove, carpet in front. Showed me the inside of the flue, and the condition of the chimney cover (was a fire hazard waiting to happen).

Description of Work
Cleaned out wood stove,pipe,ashes in stove. Cleaned chimney flue,cleaned,repaired /replaced chimney top cover. Checked above stove pipe for blockage from insulation (clear).

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

01/30/2014

Kathleen H.

Prompt, thorough, neat. A little slow to return phone calls.

01/14/2014

Calene G.

They did a great job and I would definitely recommend them! They were also very efficent.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and ended up doing major work on it as well.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

11/26/2013

Mel W.

Very thorough and fast. Cleanup of area when finished.

Description of Work
Cleaned wood stove chimney as well as wood stove and surrounding areas.

Category chimney sweep

Thanks for the great review. Please give us a call if you have any issues through the winter and we look forward to seeing you in the fall. The Flue Doctor

10/29/2013

Richard C.

The Flue Doctor arrived on time, was efficient, worked quickly, gave us tips for future reference and answered our questions.

Description of Work
Clean and inspect woodstove and chimney.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Thank you for the great review.

10/22/2013

Teresa Y.

Love The Flue Doctor - on time, reasonably priced, and very professional.

Description of Work
Cleaned and prepared wood stove for winter.

Category fireplaces

10/21/2013

arnie T.

Shad and helper arrived right on time and did a thorough job in cleaning the stove's interior and pipe and flue cap. I'm a first time wood stove owner and he gave me several good tips on using the air flow controls and explained all aspects of proper use and maintenance of the stove. I plan to use his service every year to make sure the stove is safe for winter use.

Description of Work
Cleaned flue/cap and wood stove

10/19/2013

Howard R.

Shad showed up on time, cleaned both chimneys, cleaned inside and outside of both stoves, completely cleaned entire working area.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and stove and surrounding area.

10/18/2013

Kim C.

We have used the Flue Doctor for about 4 years now. Shad and his assistant are respectful, careful and punctual.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and cleaning.

10/18/2013

John & Carole F.

Went perfectly. On time. Spread out large cloth to keep area clean. Cleaned flue cap, spark screen, inside of stove & even resealed storm collar on roof.

Description of Work
Cleaned wood stove on 2 story home w/ steep roof.

Category chimney caps, fireplaces

10/15/2013

Gary C.

Not only was the plate refastened using new screws Shad drilled out the first plate to ensure the sheet metal screw fastened properly to the second plate. Nice work Shad!

Description of Work
Cleaned the wood burning stove and flue, did a great job as usual. But this last time Shad noticed a loose plate, which he refastened.

10/09/2013

Joanne R.

They always do a great job. They clean up well and make sure to vacuum everything. They are always very nice and professional. They are accommodating, complete the work within a half hour, and always show up on time. If they are running late they let me know and apologize. They reliable and I continue to use their service.

Description of Work
They cleaned the flue in the chimney. They come every year to do the service. I have been using them for about twenty years.

09/28/2013

Book H.

Took his time, did the job right. He made sure to protect the area around the fireplace. Used a ladder to inspect from the roof. Was gentle in his remonstrance about how dirty it was i.e. how long it had been since I'd last cleaned it.

Description of Work
Thorough clean and inspection.

09/20/2013

Chuck C.

They cleaned up well after themselves. The stove works better now! It turned out really good. The guy who came was very nice and professional. He really knew what he was doing. It probably took him an hour. I was really happy with them.

Description of Work
They cleaned my flue and serviced my stove insert.

09/20/2013

Jacquelin M.

excellent annual service, on time, courteous, non-invasive in the home, efficient use of time. proper equipment. great price for service.

Description of Work
chimney cleaned, system checked, bricks replaced, clean-up afterwards.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

09/19/2013

Gari G.

It was very good. My wife dealt with the company primarily, but she said they very professional and did a nice job. They did what they were supposed to do and they did it well.

Description of Work
They did a chimney sweep for us.

09/15/2013

Nancy T.

Outstanding service, and knows his business. I will definitely use the Flue Doctor again. My chimney had not been cleaned in years, thus it was very much needed.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney, included removing stove and cleaning behind it. Installed new chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps

09/09/2013

Kathleen H.

Very steep roof and tall chimney make this a challenging project. Shad was up to the task and left the site spick and span.

Description of Work
chimney swept

07/08/2013

Dennis F.

They were prompt and professional. I selected them because they were close to my home and reasonably priced. I will continue to use their service as they were very good.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and insert

03/18/2013

Nancy K.

Job well done. Would have back.

Description of Work
Shad came and worked on cleaning our gas fireplace. Very neat and personable. Very knowledgeable about his craft as well.

03/11/2013

Gari G.

They were on time and very professional. All in all very excellent service, we would highly recommend them. Also, they were extremely tolerant about our nosy & noisy dogs. Thank you Flue Doctor.

Description of Work
They serviced our pellet stove and cleaned the dryer vent.

Category chimney sweep, dryer vent cleaning

Chimney Sweep, , Wood Gas Or Pellet Stoves, and Fireplaces,Dryer vent cleaning,Roof and Gutter Cleaning and repairs.