Bushnell Gardens

Granite Bay, CA 95746

Design office: 916-797-3318.

03/24/2022

James C.

Purchased 23 trees from David, which came with a 90 day warranty. Within a month of being delivered & planted, 14 of them slowly started to die despite a deep watering every day as instructed (his yardman, Kevin Hoyt, came out with a soil probe and tested for water saturation; each sample he pulled up along the drip line showed ample water saturation). The other trees are fine and doing well. David first tried to argue that it was a 60 day warranty (I have it in writing that the warranty was 90 days), then argued that the trees weren't adequately watered. The facts are these: David changed the warranty period after the fact, then used an arbitrary interpretation of the warranty to deny my claim. He cannot be trusted. Consider yourself forewarned.

Description of Work
Trees purchased from David

02/04/2015

Patricia and George L.

Description of Work
Most recently we purchased our Christmas tree from them as well as a couple of bushes for planting. The tree included delivery and set-up. They arrived at the scheduled time. The workmen were careful regarding water on the wood floor. The were patient and exacting about getting the tree placed the way we wanted it. The tree was felt alive and fresh all through the season.

12/05/2012

David B.

Not recommended.

Description of Work
I contacted Bushnell's Landscaping because I was seeking a provider to design, implement and maintain my outdoor living space in my backyard. I had just completed an extensive house wide renovation and was looking for a provider who could bring the yard up to the calibre of the house.

Category landscaping, outdoor kitchens

08/11/2011

steve H.

I called and left a detailed message of the work I wanted and never heard back from them.

Description of Work
None

Category landscaping

Member, Our Bushnell Landscape Creations number is (916) 797-3318. I personally handle all incoming calls and apologize for our lack of response. Please call me if you'd like to at the above number and I can assure you, the treatment will be altogether different. Thank you, Michele

06/09/2011

Linda H.

N/A

Description of Work
I've shopped their nursery many times. Their beautiful demonstration gardens are full of ideas.

04/06/2011

ANITA B.

It was wonderful working with Margaret. She listened to what we wanted and provided plant recommendations that were appropriate for various locations in the yard. She worked well within our budget and was helpful at suggesting ways to cut costs and still get the look we wanted. They have a 90-day plant guarantee and a person, Tom, who adjusts the watering schedule and comes by to check on the plants periodically. The only complaint I had was very slow response time when we had a couple plants die. In one case I called weekly for almost a month before the new plant was installed.

Description of Work
We had a consultation with Margaret at our home to see the current layout of our front yard and plants. Our second consultation was at the nursery where we selected plants with Margaret's help. A team of landscape workers removed and disposed of some old overgrown bushes, reworked the irrigation and planted the new landscaping plants, including moving some existing plants to better locations.

01/11/2011

GARETH W.

They are my wife’s favourite nursery. They have some really good people who work there. They give us a lot of help as far as maintenance of the lawn and plants are concerned. We have not reused their services because their price is slightly on the higher side. They have some plants that we don’t see in other nurseries. The place is really nicely decorated. It is done up in such a way that it feels like we are walking through an English covenant.

Description of Work
I used Bushnell Gardens at the beginning of summer last year to buy plants.

Category greenhouses

06/15/2010

Cal W.

Great working with Bushnell. I worked with the manager ( sorry, don't remember his name but all the personal were knowlegable ). He helped in making decissions on about 2 doz plants and refining a design we had. We were very happy with all of the plantings and they had some very good prices.

Description of Work
Provided advice on Plants and Landscape design.

Category landscaping, greenhouses

07/12/2007

paul D.

Just went through the quote stage.

Description of Work
We needed a 2 1/2' retaining wall 55' long. The owner was prompt, courteous and professional. We had a family friend who offered to the job.

Category hardscaping

06/12/2007

TRACY B.

Impressed initially with promptness of Harlan (landscape designer) during bidding process. Other companies were late or no shows. I had idea of a design I wanted, he took it to the next level and it is gorgeous. We were disappointed with communication of when they would start. It was scheduled three weeks out, they were to call with date and time. They never called, we had to call them several times until they finally called one morning (the following week) and said "we're on our way". Work was done in two days and they cleaned very well. At the end of the install no one called or came by to see if it was ok. Then we get a call from a potential customer that Harlan gave them our number to recommend Bushnell's, pretty presumptuous. We called for four weeks for someone to come fix the wrong location of a sprinkler. Someone finally showed up, but didn't have all the right tools and would be back. We've never heard from them since.

Description of Work
Tear out and re-landscape most of front yard which included: remove sod and level yard as it was very sloped. Install new sod and dry creek bed with river rock, boulders, and plants, and install some plants along walkway to porch. Remove and install sod on side front yard. We left the main planting bed by porch with existing plants.

10/30/2006

BEVERLY E.

When I went to the nursery, no less than three different people asked if they could help me. They helped me choose the right plants (I specifically wanted edible varieties) for my project and even directed me to some plants they had on sale.

Description of Work
They didn't do the actual landscaping, but they helped me choose appropriate plants for the soil and sun exposure of my project.

05/04/2006

THIS COMPANY DID A GREAT JOB. THIS COMPANY IS ALSO VERY THOROUGH AND PROFESSIONAL ABOUT THEIR WORK. THE PEOPLE ARE ALSO VERY POLITE AND FRIENDLY. I DO THINK THE PRICE IS A LITTLE HIGH, BUT THEY DO VERY NICE WORK.

Description of Work
THEY FERTILIZE MY LAWN. THEY ALSO PRUNED MY BUSHES AND PLANTED SOME FLOWERS.

05/03/2006

Joan C.

THE WORK THAT THIS COMPANY DID IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. THEY WERE VERY THOROUGH AND EFFICIENT. THEY WERE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE PLANTS. THERE WAS USUALLY A CREW OF ABOUT FIVE MEN WORKING ON THE PROJECT, SO IT DID GET DONE IN A SHORT TIME FRAME.

Description of Work
THEY BROUGHT IN TOPSOIL, ROCKS, AND BARK. THEY PUT IN FLAGSTONE STEPPING STONES UP THE HILL AND PLANTED TEN LARGE TREES. THEY ALSO PLANTED SOME SHRUBS AND PUT IN A SPRINKLER SYSTEM FOR OUR WHOLE YARD.

Category hardscaping

05/03/2006

916 Irrigation

Lawn irrigation, repairs, control timer, new system installation, drip irrigation, landscape lighting, drainage system.

Atlanta Precast Interlocking Paver

Atlanta Interlocking Pavers focuses on Paver Installation. As Certified contractors & CSLB licensed we are Experts at designing and constructing Hardscape & landscaping. We will create the perfect addition to your yard, guaranteed. We pride ourselves on our unmatched knowledge and expertise in Demolition and Building services. Our History - Established in 2006. To talk about our business, I have to mention the greatest of times that we had in Massachusetts when everything started. We served the Boston area for 16 years as Landscape Design performing the beautiful connection between Landscape & Hardscape. Especially after spending time at PaveTech - School for Segmental Paver and became an ICPI Certified Installer. Now we are serving Sacramento and surrounding countries with all that we have in our hands to make you happy. Best Regards Joe Aquino Ceo/Project Manager

2022 Super Service Award

David Morris Concrete Construction

Quality Not Quantity, is our motto at David Morris Concrete. It doesn't matter how large or small the job might be. We take pride in our attention to the design and detail that is put into every job. Superior craftmanship, quality materials and excellent customer service equals satisfied customers. That is what David Morris Concrete has promised and has consistantly delivered to all of our customers since we opened over 45 years ago.

Yes, Ask for Details
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal

For over two decades Bushnell’s Land­scapes has been cre­at­ing award-wininng & exten­sively unique out­door liv­ing spaces. Our con­struc­tion divi­sion is a one-stop-shop for all of you out­door needs, whether it’s a cus­tom built out­door kitchen or fire­place or sim­ply revamp­ing your exist­ing plants and land­scape. We have the expe­ri­ence to pro­vide cre­ative solu­tions for all your needs as well as a dis­tinc­tively bet­ter land­scape that will last for years to come.