James White Painting

Founded 1973 • With Angi since September 2008

Additional phone: 818-795-8487

house painting (76)pressure washing (27)stucco (19)woodworking (10)gutter repair (3)gutter cleaning (2)interior painting (11)

11/22/2022

andrew G.

James and his son were great, the crew was great, and the work was done well. The majority of it happened in one day, and then there was some touch up painting too on another day. They made a change to some trim color that I really appreciated.

Description of Work
Painting an entire (small) house, shed, and fence

09/20/2021

Enrique D.

We were totaling happy with the look of our home. The difference was between night and day. I will definitely hire James again. The time frame of the job was complied, of what they said.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

06/12/2021

Jackie T.

It went exceptionally well! We discussed a price, within minutes the house was pressure cleaned, then a day later his crew showed up, made the necessary trim and stucco repairs, they removed the chipping paint and painted the trim and two story house in one day. The paint is thick and rich, the trim gleams. James White and his team did an excellent job. Neighbors liked it so much, four neighbors had him do their homes. The neighborhood looks great! James White and his team are good!

Description of Work
Exterior house and trim painted

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 06/12/2021

02/23/2021

lisa G.

James and his team of guys did an excellent job and they were very thorough and quick. I will definitely hire them again and refer them to my friends and family!

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Review for James White Painting - 1146 N Central Ave, Glendale, CA - 39208396

12/14/2020

Donovan G.

It went very well. The quality of the job was excellent and the crew they came out was very professional. I was completely happy and satisfied with the job.

Description of Work
Completely paint the interior of my house

Category gutter cleaning, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

‘N mm

12/05/2020

Martin L.

James runs a great team. Quality crew who prides themselves on getting the job done quickly, affordably and efficiently. Highly recommend them and plan to have them back to do interior.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

11/30/2020

patricia S.

james came out personally and gave us a quote ,was very professional and easy to work with we accepted his quote ,his crew showed up and was very professional did quality work and cleaned up afterwards...had to take down some patio lights and even put them back up for us I would recomend him highly ,next time I need painting I will call him first

Description of Work
painting whole house plus a detached two car garage

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

10/03/2020

Martin S.

Mr White was very responsive, professional, and overall great to work with. I have recommended him to my friends and family.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

09/25/2020

Mike L.

Excellent, they showed up on time and finished everything earlier than promised. The crew worked really well and hard throughout the job. James was hands on as well and communication and customer service was excellent!

Description of Work
Painted trim around the house, the front porch and living room

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

09/22/2020

eunice M.

I would rate this company as excellent in preparation, actual job and clean up. I have never had a painter who prepared by covering things this well. They were also very speedy.

Description of Work
painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

09/12/2020

jennifer R.

James painted our house about two years ago. At the time he patched and painted some beams that had dry rot. I noticed recently that they were peeling a bit. He came back and patched and painted again for no charge. Wonderful service, great prices and very responsive and easy to work with. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/12/2020

09/08/2020

Trikkia K.

I left for work upon arrival of the painters(7 man crew). When I arrived home, they had finished approx. 95% of paint job. Mistakenly, they painted garage door white, and painted the accent wood on front door and landing white as well as back door. I pointed out their mistake & without any attitude, they promptly repainted the areas my selected color. The foreman also returned to touch up some areas that I requested. My aunt is going to have them paint a building for her and my son has an apartment building he plans to request Mr. White do the paint job.

Description of Work
Exterior painting for 2000 sq foot home, including brick work and wrought iron security doors. Caulking and treatment for wood that needed it, painting included garage door and exterior of winding stair wall.

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

08/26/2020

kristin A.

It was a great experience. Definitely would hire again. A father and son team with plenty of knowledge and experience. And employees that go above and beyond.

Description of Work
painting interior

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

08/21/2020

John S.

Excellent. The people that did this job started on time, kept job site clean, When job was complete everything was cleaned up and James and I inspected the job. Everything was in order and James was paid.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

03/23/2020

Susan D.

They power washed The day before. The next day they sent 6 crew and had it done in One day! I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Outside painting

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

Review for James White Painting - 1146 N Central Ave, Glendale, CA - 38457506

02/01/2020

Mitchell F.

Amazing. Professional from start to finish. His crew was great. Work fast. Very thorough. Can’t recommend enough

Description of Work
Painting exterior

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

Review for James White Painting - 1146 N Central Ave, Glendale, CA - 38362552

08/24/2019

Lupe V.

Excellent from start to finish. showed up on time to provide a great quote for painting the entire outside of our house and garage, stucco, trim, security bars and gate. Work was done promptly and professionally. Followed up on minor corrections requested right away. Great customer service.

Description of Work
Exterior Home Painting

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

08/05/2019

Teri P.

It went extremely well. Mr. White gave me a great price. He came by the next day after agreeing on price and start date and power washed the entire house. Looked for repairs that may be needed as well. Told me his crew would be here the following morning at 7:00am they were here about 6:45 am. They started working quickly and efficiently at sanding, filling stucco, checking for things that needed attention. Then began the actual painting around 11:00am. They prepped by covering my neighbors vehicles a fence as well to ensure that there wasn't any paint flying away anywhere. Paid very close attention to detail. They finished late afternoon and cleaned up behind themselves. Left me extra paint as well. There is a four year warranty on the job too! Mr. White helped me with the decision of exactly what paints I wanted and they blend very well. I chose a nice gray with black trim and went big and had my doors painted a fire engine red! Saw a few things I wanted touched up when he was by on Friday for payment and he sent someone out that very day to take care of. The house was painted on a Wednesday. I would have figured that a contractor would have been waiting at my door on Wednesday afternoon for payment. He gave me plenty of time to walk around look at and make comment. Was an extremely easy experience. The entire crew was courteous and worked very hard all day!

Description of Work
Exterior painting Two story home

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

07/26/2019

Barbara J.

The large paint crew came early and finished my one story house by 4pm. They painted the stucco, trim, siding and gates. The work was neat and professional, and the crew polite and cooperative. Jame's price was excellent and lower than the other two estimates I obtained. My house looks wonderful!!

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

Review for James White Painting - 1146 N Central Ave, Glendale, CA - 38007051

05/03/2019

Anne H.

Good. Competitive price. Done quickly.

Description of Work
Painted house

Work Completed On 05/12/2019

02/28/2019

Jim K.

Wow! Did these guys do an excellent job. Professional punctual neat and polite. I could not have asked for a better job. These guys are true professionals and did a fantastic job. The price was more than fair. Don’t talk to any other painters these guys are the answer

Description of Work
Complete exterior paint job with stucco and wood repair.

Work Completed On 02/15/2019

11/13/2018

Mike J.

I needed exterior of my front two units of a triplex I own painted. They are craftsman bungalos with shingle siding and needed a lot of prep. I ended up deciding to do a 3-tone paint scheme, which required more work. James was very nice and responsive and ended up sending his big crew. I was a little skeptical at first, because his quote was considerably lower than other quotes I've gotten. However, he described a very thorough job, so I went with him. His crew was originally postponed because of another job, but when rescheduled his crew was a punctual, well-oiled machine. These guys didn't mess around. They were very careful about communicating with me throughout the job, so no mistakes were made and they checked with me to make sure I was satisfied before they left. When I inspected and pointed out things I wanted done they took care of everything without question. I am definitely calling Jim for my next job. Thank you Jim!

Description of Work
Painted Two Bungalos

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

10/21/2018

andrew B.

James if very accommodating and flexible

Description of Work
exterior trim and misc exterior walls and horizontal surfaces

Category pressure washing, house painters