Certified Chimney Inspectors

3508 Downing Ave

Glendale, CA 91208

12/19/2020

Marcia B.

Shane was the third inspector that we had and by far the most thorough. He spent a lot of time inspecting the roof, fireplace and chimney, including in the attic. He was the only one of the inspectors who discovered we had a minor gas leak and a rodent in our attic! He provided a very thorough report and video, along with a list of chimney repair specialists he recommends. Most importantly, he took the time to show and explain everything he found to us.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and recommendation of repairs needed

03/24/2016

Justin M.

08/08/2014

Saam S.

Professional in every respect, Shane performed a thorough inspection of the fireplace and chimney and provided a detailed report with photos. He made sound recommendations and because of his report, I was able to negotiate on the price of the house.

Description of Work
Shane did a complete inspection of the fireplace and chimney in a house I wanted to buy.

Category fireplaces

05/19/2013

Eunice K.

Shane was recommended to us both by our realtor and another individual. He was professional and VERY knowledgeable. He was about thirty minutes late to appointed time because of traffic and according to my husband, he was professional enough to discount the prearranged price because of that. He was very thorough and meticulous and generous with his time while he was working. I would hire him again for sure and recommend him to family and friends.

Description of Work
He inspected 3 chimneys and fireplaces at our new home.

02/16/2013

DeeDee M.

They take photos of everything and use a scope to to research everything inside the chimney. They also get on the roof to make sure everything is all right up there too. They do a very in-depth report afterwards with photographs for your records. They do inspections only, so there is no conflict of interest in them recommending work. Shane is very responsive to any type of correspondence and is extremely organized. He really knows his trade and he takes the time to educate you on the in's and out's of his profession. To give you an idea of how in-depth he is, my report was 11 pages of very detailed information.

Description of Work
We had Certified Chimney Inspectors come to our home to fully inspect our chimney & fireplace.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

01/10/2013

Angela P.

As a result of Shane's work, the guys who installed the new chimneys had to return to my home several times and re-do a lot of work that had been shoddily and in haste. Without spending about $500 for Shane's expertise, I would have been left with two brand new fireboxes that were poorly installed and not up to code, broken roof tiles, and a bunch of other poor workmanship on the part of Greg Butler and The Chimney Experts.

Description of Work
I called Shane at Certified Chimney Inspectors at the suggestion of a home inspector I previously utilized. Shane inspected the work done to replace two chimneys in my home, and he did an outstanding job. As a result of his work, the guys who installed the new chimneys had to return to my home and re-do a lot of work that had been shoddily and in haste. Without spending about $500 for Shane's expertise, I would have been left with two brand new fireboxes that were poorly installed and not up to code, broken roof tiles, and a bunch of other poor workmanship on the part of Greg Butler and The Chimney Experts.

Category home inspection, chimney repair, fireplaces

05/28/2012

Caroline D.

Shane was punctual, knowlegeable, professional, and thorough. He explained any issues in layman's terms and used the latest equipment available to get the job done. We were able to see inside the chimney with the camera and equipment Shane brought. His report was detailed with pictures and well-written. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Shane of Certified Chimney Inspectors performed a chimney inspection at a home we are buying.

Category home inspection, fireplaces

02/28/2012

mary H.

Shane is an experienced, hands on professional that does the inspecting himself and writes the report.He was punctual and surprised me with the very reasonable bid.His written report was thorough, including color pictures illustrating each area that needed work. The report provided definitions, aiding a layman in understanding the technical terms. Beyond that even, he has continued, after more than a year to be available for questions and referrals without charge.He referred several contractors for both chimney and roof repair. I used two from his list and am very satisfied.I recommend and refer Shane and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Inspection of the chimney and fireplace. Determine if the fireplace and chimney were damanged or contributing to damage from an event, improper use, improper construction, erosion or age.

01/16/2012

CAROL A.

Shane Imburgia inspected our gas fireplace, venting, and chimney. He is extremely knowledgable and is professional. He told us what needed to be fixed in clear, layperson terms. His inspection report is thorough and clear. He has many certifications (CSIA, FIRE, NFI). We had Shane serve as an expert witness in our small claims action action against the contractor who negligently installed the fireplace and we won. Our homeowners association hired Shane to inspect about 30 fireplaces/chimneys/vents in our building.

Description of Work
Shane Imburgia inspected our fireplace, venting, and chimney.

Category fireplaces

08/08/2011

Kenji O.

Shane was a pleasure to work with. He was punctual and professional and answered any questions we had. He does not perform repair services so we felt the inspection of our chimney was unbiased and thorough. The report he delivered was very detailed and recommended some repair items that we will do prior to using the chimney.

Description of Work
CCI inspected the chimney for a house we purchased.

03/26/2011

Anthony K.

I don't know what a standard chimney inspection costs (didn't get multiple quotes), but the price for the service seemed steep. I have no other chimney inspection to compare it to, so I can't say, but seeing as it costs almost as much as a full home inspection, the value wasn't there for me. The response time was a little poor. I was for the most part always leaving messages on his voicemail or email, and responses usually took a full day. Sometimes I didn't get a reply. It also took a little bit of nagging on my part to get the inspection report. This was after I was promised the report the following day. Who knows? Maybe he's a really busy guy, but I'm just pointing it out. Overall, it wasn't too bad of an experience. I'd say somewhere between good and fair (B or C grade).

Description of Work
Standard chimney inspection. The inspector checked the inside with a video scope and checked the outside including the rooftop. He provided a very detailed explanation of the problems I had with my chimney. He was very articulate and provided digital photos of the problems.

05/03/2010

J. C.

Shame is professional, informative and knowlegable in his field. I won't use anyone else for chimney inspections. If you need a detailed report this is the guy! He is/was worth the amount. I tried another company and was highly disappointed in his report thus hiring Shane. We got exactly what I was expecting, a detailed professional easy reading report!

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection. Non Camera job

12/29/2009

Rachael P.

Shane was very well informed and I trust his assessment of the situation. I did have trouble getting in touch with him - required persistent phone calls, but I was told he is the best and I really wanted to hire him. After a few phone calls (which weren't returned), I managed to get Shane on the phone and enjoyed our initial conversation. He advised me to call John in his office to schedule an appointment. I did leave a message for John, but he only returned my calls after I pressured Shane. Shane was late to our appointment, but did call to keep me posted on his ETA. I was very pleased with the inspection but only received the written evaluation after following up again. Working with CCI required patience but was definitely worth my piece of mind.

Description of Work
Shane came to our home to evaluate the structural integrity of our fireplace/chimney. It appeared to be pulling away from the house (as evident by vertical cracks between the wall and the chimney and by horizontal cracks from the adjacent window to the chimney). Shane and his protege looked under the house, went on the roof and shook the chimney, checked the straps in the attic and used a level to evaluate the firebox. All checked out well and it was determined that we do not need to pull down the chimney and rebuild - what a relief!

02/17/2007

TODD S.

Shane did a thorough inspection of the chimney from top to bottom, including a narrated video analysis of the interior of the chimney. He answered all of my questions patiently, carefully explained his observations, and made considered recommendations about repairing and cleaning our chimney. We also have a second outdoor chimney which Shane graciously inspected for no charge. I would highly recommend hiring Shane if you need a chimney inspection.

Description of Work
We hired Shane from Certified Chimney Inspectors to inspect the brick chimney on the house we recently purchased.

11/01/2006

MICHAEL O.

This vendor's category should be changed as they do NOT sweep chimneys. They only provide chimney inspections. They were very nice on the phone.

Description of Work
None - wrong category

10/05/2006

SHANNON P.

The inspection was very thorough and well worth the fee, as we detected several very serious structural problems with our chimney that actually make it unsafe to use. In fact, we will have to rebuild it eventually. The company videotaped the interior walls of the chimney and gave us a copy of the tape complete with audio commentary from the inspector on the defects found inside. They were also available for follow-up questions.

Description of Work
This company performed an inspection of the chimney in the house we bought in June, before closing.

07/29/2005

IT WAS EXCELLENT. THEIR THOROUGHNESS AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL. THEY ALSO EXPLAINED THINGS TO ME THAT I DID NOT UNDERSTAND. THEY ARE CSIA CERTIFIED, AND I BELIEVE THE FELLOW THAT OWNS THE COMPANY IS AN INSTRUCTOR FOR A FIRE AGENCY.

Description of Work
THEY DID A VIDEO INSPECTION AND SWEEPING OF THE CHIMNEY. THEY ALSO CREATED A REPORT, WHICH SAID THAT I HAD A SPECIFIC TYPE OF CHIMNEY. THEY GAVE US A HISTORICAL REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT.

Chimney Sweep Masters

California Chimney Sweep

EXPERT CHIMNEY SERVICE SINCE 1984 (32 Years now) The chimney, fireplace, and even your dryer vent are among the most overlooked causes of home fires. California Chimney Sweep is dedicated to helping make your home safe from fire damage. We are a small, family-owned chimney service company whose mission is to provide quality service and honest advice. We have 30 years of experience, so you can trust that we will give you the best advice and service possible. California Chimney Sweep was started in 1984 by Vince McCauley when he started in 1984 he ran the business out of our VW Bus. We have grown into a professional chimney sweeping service with over 30 years experience. For 30 years we have provided superior service to our customers that keeps them coming back. Many of our long-time customers have been with us for over 25 years. We have obtained an "A" Rating on popular consumer review websites, as a result of the many satisfactory reports submitted by the customers we’ve served.

Safe & Warm Chimney Services

We are a complete Fireplace and Chimney service. All of our technicians are F.I.R.E and C.S.I.A certified. Our Corporation is a state licensed specialty contractor. Bonded and insured. We are offering a promotional deal that includes a cleaning of a one story fireplace with a video safety inspection of the internal portion of the fireplace for $179.99 .

Extensive visual inspection, internal video inspection, chimney construction consulting & construction defect evaluation.

Cleanings or repairs.