AMERICO MARTINEZ

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2006

OWNER-OPERATED. SUBS USED FOR EXTRA LABOR. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER HOUR SERVICES. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL....

FIBER-COAT DECK CO

FIBER-COAT DECK CO

We have been family owned and operated since 1977. We take great pride in our work and we make sure every job is done right the first time. We offer competitive pricing and quality work on time! Please contact us for a FREE Quote Today! We specialize in Decks and Porches • Stairs • Entry ways • Walkways • Garage Floors• Sun Decks • Balcony • & Much More!

07/18/2008

Sealing the travertine floor: As I write this I'm having a floor specialist completely redo the floor. The problem is that Americo applied the sealant and let it dry, but didn't remove/buff the excess so that it resulted in splotching and inconsistent sealing (very noticeable in the sunlight). I purchased a sealant for him (Duro Shine 646 water-based from another store) and was assured by him that...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I originally submitted Americo to Angie's List with a key proviso that he does good work but needed to have his work checked and that he was willing to make it right when the specific result wasn't up to par. Recently I had him back for 3 things: resealing a travertine floor, repairing an exterior fence and sealing some cracks on an exterior wooden staircase (one that he built a couple of years ago).

CATEGORY contractors,fencing,flooring contractor,handyman service,deck cleaning,woodworking,interior painters

08/13/2007

Firstly, he got lost coming to my home and was 25 minutes late. Also, I felt the prices were too high. He was very personable, however.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave me an estimate on painting my kitchen. ($2,050.00)

CATEGORY interior painters

08/09/2007

The back door and the utility door were good installation but the screen front door was hitting the front door and damaging the front door so he had to install a different lock so that it wouldn't hit the door and damage. Now I can't lock the door, just use the top lock also the screen door has a crack at the top that is not lined up with the frame.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed front door and screen door and also purchased the wood for the back porch and also installed the door for the back and the utility room also knocked down the back porch and hauled wood away.

CATEGORY contractors

07/26/2007

Americo is good natured, and understands the basics of good service. His carpentry service relies on "sub-contractors" for the work and the tools [guys who don't speak English and that have other jobs they are in a hurry to get to], though he was there for the job. It is far, far from fine carpentry. It's almost framing with Americo throwing stain and varnish. But the key thing is that I had to be...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpentry work involved restructuring a closet space and an empty space next to it to create a media center. The concept had been fully developed; we were looking for execution.

CATEGORY closet systems

07/19/2007

He was very accommodating and quick to respond. He was flexible in scheduling an appointment to see the space that needed to be painted, and gave me a fair estimate. He did the work the very next day, and the work he did was excellent.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted living room and kitchen.

CATEGORY interior painters

HANDYMAN. PAINT. STUCCO. ACOUSTIC CEILING. WOOD WORK (REFINISHING). CARPENTRY. REFINISH BATHTUBS/SINKS.