Chandler's Roofing

Founded 1942 • With Angi since December 2007

Residential and commercial roofing contractor focusing on re-roofing, preventative maintenance and roof repairs along with solar, rain gutters, insulation, skylights and custom sheet metal applications. Winner of the 2011 National Residential Roofing Contractor of the Year Award, nominated "Best of the Best in the Roofing Industry" for 2012-13 and awarded President's Club by GAF in 2013-20, Chandler's Roofing has been known as the premier southern California roofing company since 1942. Based in Gardena, CA and a satellite office in the Rancho Mirage, CA, we service the South Bay's Beach Cities and surrounding communities in Los Angeles, Orange County and the Coachella Valley. At Chandler’s Roofing, we realize that knowing how to build a successful relationship with our clients is just as important as knowing how to build a quality roof. Our dedication to customer satisfaction has been the key to our success and we have an extensive list of satisfied customers to prove it. In fact, customer service and quality craftsmanship are the cornerstones of our business... “It All Starts With Quality” Check out our articles on Angie's List: 1) http://www.angieslist.com/articles/10-things-check-your-roof-after-high-winds.htm 2) https://www.angieslist.com/articles/what-do-if-you-have-roof-leak.htm 3) http://www.angieslist.com/articles/8-factors-affect-price-new-roof.htm...

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

GAF Preferred Contractor Badge

+43 more images

4.4

roofing (211)gutter repair (37)skylight installation (17)solar companies (12)roof cleaning (11)chimney cap repair (4)gutter cleaning (4)insulation (3)house painting (3)decks & porches (2)metal fabrication (1)

12/10/2021

Victor C.

They did an amazing job. Very professional. Would 100% recommend!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 10/12/2021

Thank you for giving us the chance to earn your business. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future!

12/10/2021

Caroline R.

Chandler’s is a very professional, experienced operation. You won’t be disappointed!

Description of Work
Roof and Lumber Repair

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

08/30/2021

Judi H.

I really like this company. They did the work well. They're professional and fast.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 02/28/2009

02/06/2019

Steven W.

Had the team from Chandler out after we discovered a water leak during the big series of storms in November. They were able to have Brady come out and take a look in a week, which was great given that I'm sure they were flooded with calls. Brady put together a plan of action to fix the leak, and when it came time for the work to start, they quickly realized that the under layment on our clay tile roof was not consistent throughout the roof as anticipated. Brady immediately called me to keep me in the loop as well as provide his recommendations on the best course of action. The communication and honesty was up front throughout which is certainly something we appreciated. The partial re-roof that we opted for was completed within a week - a far cry from the 5+ weeks that our neighbors experienced with some other company. Brady took the time to explain the materials that were used in the process, as well as they type of under layment options and warranty. After another four days of rain in February, everything looks good and we are dry! Overall very satisfied with their job. While I'm sure there are slightly cheaper roofing contractors out there, I think the overall balancing of price vs quality certainly favors Chandler.

Description of Work
Partial Re-Roof

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

07/24/2018

metin M.

Accommodated my requests. Explained the process. Made the changes to increase warranty from 6 to 12 months.

Description of Work
Repair roof

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

03/03/2018

Brian C.

The crew worked fast to tear off and repair the damaged portions of our roof. They cleaned up the site every day and kept a clean work area during the day. For the amount of repairs needed to our roof, Caesar’s crew did a great job of beating the rain and installing a great new roof. Our repairs were substantial after the roof structure was exposed. Lesson learned, I would budget for at least 30% more than the job was bid once needed repairs are uncovered. It will be less of a shock when you find out what it will cost to do the needed repair work.

Description of Work
Reroof/tear off

Work Completed On 02/20/2018

02/21/2018

Scott W.

Chandler's is an excellent roofer. I had a small repair job spanning 2 days. Because of that, it took a few months to get on to their schedule. But once on they did an excellent job. Still waiting for rain in Los Angeles to test the repair.

Description of Work
Repair Roof

Work Completed On 01/29/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the positive review and glad we delivered as promised. Very appreciative for you being patient with the schedule and giving us the chance to earn your business. Please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

02/09/2018

Irene M.

Did a good job. Took longer than expected. Gave them a down payment in Sept. 2017. They told me work would be done in Oct. or Nov. 2017. Didn't start work until Jan. 25, 2018.

Description of Work
Roof and tile needed replacement

Work Completed On 01/25/2018

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. We apologize for the back log delays and appreciate your patience. We have been working diligently through the pipeline of work that stacked up behind the major rains we had last winter. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Welcome to the Chandler’s Family!

01/03/2018

Jonna Q.

This is an update to a previous review where I gave the company an F rating for lack of response and updates to scheduling of my work after a deposit was given. Following my complaint, the company president reached out with an apology for the misunderstanding and was able to get my work scheduled and completed in a very timely fashion. My estimator and the crew that came out were great. No issues or complaints about the price or professionalism of the team that worked on site. I feel like they did a good job, although I'll have to wait for the next rain to make sure the leak is fixed. Barring the office staff that could definitely work on communication and responsiveness, I would definitely use Chandler's Roofing again. This was only a repair as a short term solution and I will be looking to do a full roof replacement once I complete the addition to the house in 18 months. I hope to give Chandler's Roofing another opportunity.

Description of Work
Leaking Roof Repair

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

Thank you for the updated review and glad we were able to resolve your concerns. We appreciate you giving us the chance to earn your business and appreciate the constructive criticism. Let us know if you need anything else in the future and yes, we look forward to completing your new roof install after your addition!

12/04/2017

Lea D.

Great experience with Chandler's. Communication with the office was excellent and A+ for Blake and his crew. Roof, gutters, new fascia, and skylight look great. The house is getting complements from the neighbors. Thanks for the great work.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear-off, new roof, gutters, and skylight.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

Happy holidays! Glad we were able to deliver as promised. We really appreciate you giving us the chance to earn your business. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you or your friends in the future... We'll treat them just like family!

11/17/2017

Max G.

I liked the comprehensive and detailed contract, and that Brady (who came for the initial consultation, while they worked on the roof, and for a final inspection) was always available for questions. Chandler uses no sub-contractors, and the work was very well done. They even did a second coat of silicone and sealed around the base of our HVAC unit, which was not called for in the estimate. Their pricing was a bit above other bids I got, but there where no "holes" in in their contract, timing, and work, which is a value. A smooth experience!

Description of Work
I have a flat roof on my house, where a larger area is nor properly draining, resulting in ponding of half an inch of water over a third of the roof. I did not want to tear up the roof, but wanted a white silicone coating instead. The silicone allows permanent ponding, has a 50 year material warranty, and deflects heat, too. Also, my AC ductwork needed to be fixed and sealed, and a drain had to be extended out.

Work Completed On 11/04/2017

Welcome to the Chandler's Roofing family! Glad you are happy with the work performed. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance in the future.

09/20/2017

Debra P.

Entire process went smoothly. Everyone we dealt with (project manager, Blake, and finance person, Vanessa) were very professional and answered every question we had to our satisfaction. Workmen on site were great and always left the work site clean. The new roof exceeded our expectations and we would definitely recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Re-roofing of house; removed wood shingles and re-roofed with cement tiles. Installed new gutters. Installed new skylight.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

Review for Chandler's Roofing - 15331 S Avalon Blvd, Gardena, CA - 36276732

Thank you so much for giving us the chance to earn your business. We are glad to see that you are happy with outcome. Welcome to the family... If you ever or any of your friends and family ever need anything from us in the future, please let us know. Don't forget annual roof maintenance!

09/14/2017

BONNIE W.

All day project- went well- Unfortunately, we had to wait 4 months for an appointment- I guess with all the winter rains, they had an enormous amount of work!

Description of Work
Tune up for roof

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

Thank you for the review and sorry the backlog. Last winters rains created a huge demand for roofing and we process through all signed projects in a first come-first serve basis. We appreciate your patience and are glad you are happy with the outcome. Let us know if you ever need anything else.

08/28/2017

Thirupathi N.

They replaced the roof. I would use them again

Description of Work
Replaced roof

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

Thank you for the response. Let us know if you need anything else!

08/17/2017

Susan H.

We were very happy with them. Everything seemed good. We'd use them again. I'd give them an "A" overall. We were very happy and we'd use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned the roof.

Category roof cleaning

Work Completed On 06/16/2017

Glad you're happy with the work performed. If we can help you in any other way in the future, please let us know.

07/04/2017

Maureen K.

Great right from the start. All materials and process thoroughly explained. Work was performed punctually and professionally.

Description of Work
Tear off old roof Re-roof with insulation Skylights and tube light

Category insulation, roofing, chimney caps, skylights

Work Completed On 04/04/2017

Glad we were able to deliver as you expected. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to earn your trust. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the future.

07/02/2017

William M.

This company is very professional and quality oriented. The roof and the solar was installed simultaneously. We now have the best money can buy along with the assurance of a great warranty. My wife and I will never have to worry about our roof for the rest of our lives'. Chandlers roofing is very clean and thorough with the best at customer focus, This company is honest and does not sugar-coat anything. I highly recommend them for all you roofing and solar needs.

Description of Work
Installed New Roof and Solar Panels

Work Completed On 06/16/2017

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We appreciate you giving us the chance to earn your business. Please let us know if there is anything else you need from us.

06/15/2017

Helen N.

Outrageously expensive, they were unbelievably expensive. It was just crazy. They said 50 year warranty on the shingles and stuff like that, it was crazy. Nobody pays $22,000 for a roof, so I didn't use them, but they did come out and give an estimate. It was a free estimate for the whole roof. That's the worst and the highest estimate I've ever gotten for a roof. Most roofs are $7,000-$8000, but $22,000? This was just a composite roof, it's not like it was something one-of-a-kind. They responded quickly. It was just the price, for me it was the price. Their price was just out of range. If they charged that much for that, why would I use them for anything else? The guy was on time, very professional sounding, and very polite; and very professional in the way he went through everything in detail--with all the undercoating and had pieces of material, samples, to show what they used. I would have gone with them if their price were reasonable. After I went with someone else, they did come back and called me a week later and offered to lower the price. I thought, why didn't you just offer your best price in the first place? I would never use them.

Description of Work
We had them come out and give an estimate for a composite roof.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

We're not quite sure how we receive an F overall review, when you've rated us A in professionalism, A in Punctuality and A in Responsiveness, but we'll leave that to Angie's List to decide. That said, we're not sure where you're coming up with your budgets for your roof, but there are many determining factors which affect cost, i.e. materials, warranty, performance, and quality. It is important you compare the bids you receive and ensure that the contractor, warranty and materials are apple-to-apples. We hope the roof and contractor you selected to go with meets the highest standards. We're sorry we were not able to earn your business this time. Please keep us in mind in the future if you have any issues.

05/19/2017

Paul M.

Tear off old roffing reroof & rain gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

Thanks for the A rating and glad we were able to deliver as promised. Please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

05/09/2017

LAURA H.

Chandler's rocks! I had an existing solar PV system; they properly removed the panels, stored them in my garage, and properly reinstalled and restarted the system. They worked efficiently and effectively. I had a minor issue with the vent from a fireplace that they immediately repaired once I mentioned it to them. The workers kept a clean work site and left the project completely clean. I'll agree that the work does not come cheap, but I have an excellent warranty.

Description of Work
I needed a a new roof by a company that could properly manage my existing solar PV system.

Category roofing, solar panels

Work Completed On 05/11/2015

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! Welcome to the Chandler's Family.

04/10/2017

Scott R.

They did a wonderful job. One person came out for the inspection and two for the repairs.

Description of Work
They did a roof inspection and minor repairs.

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

Glad we completed the work as promised and met your expectations. Welcome to the Chandler's family!

04/05/2017

Kathy M.

The roof repair had to be coordinated with an electrician because the leak was caused by an electric conduit. They worked well with the electrician, cleaned up and added about $200 worth of extra materials for free when they found the water damage was more extensive than they thought. They also took pictures of ridge caps that were crumbling, which could case leaks later. I authorized the addition repairs and appreciated Chandler showing me pictures of how badly damaged the ridge caps were. We had to reschedule several times because of weather. The workers were friendly, professional and prompt.

Description of Work
Repair a leaky roof.

Work Completed On 12/21/2016