AMERICAN CITY PEST & TERMITE INC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since November 2004

614 W 184TH ST

Gardena, CA 90248

Family Owned and Operated Since 1979 Since 1979, American City Pest & Termite, has been helping homeowners and property managers control pest and termite problems in Los Angeles and Orange County residential and commercial properties. We immediately assess and address current pest infestations and help you prevent them from happening in the future....

12/01/2021

Steve N.

I've been using them for 30yrs they are very extremely reliable Darin Green is very excellent he over sees the team on he is the supervisor.

Description of Work
Pest Control

Category pest control

Thank you! We appreciate your business and you!

12/03/2019

lena G.

The termite inspector was very professional and explained everything. I was afraid I might need to tent the house, which would have been a huge hardship but the inspector was very honest. I felt no pressure to spend more than what needed to be done to deal with our termite problem so we got spot treatment. The termite exterminator that came out was also professional and explained what he was doing. I have already recommended this company to a friend.

Description of Work
Termite extermination

Category pest control

Thank you for this review! We appreciate your business and your referrals! Enjoy your termite-free home!

11/15/2019

Joan E.

It went great! I've used them many times before, they are my go to for pest control services. The guy that came out today, Jesus, was extremely thorough and helpful also! This company is professional and knowledgeable and expedient. They also do call backs after work has been done. I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Inspection for pests

Category pest control

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking time to write this review! It's great to hear Jesus was helpful and that you are so happy with our services! We appreciate your business.

08/30/2019

Vish C.

Front office very friendly and efficient in scheduling. Termite inspector, Darin showed up within promised window, and did a thorough job inspecting every area of my home, both inside, outside, and perimeter wood fencing. He was extremely knowledgeable, experienced, approachable and friendly and also very honest in letting me know exactly what was needed, without over-selling or upselling me. I was terrified that when a termite company would see any sign of termites, they would go straight to insisting on tenting, but Darin explained to me that it is all about regular maintenance. If you spot treat areas of infestation, the product they use will spread among the colony and destroy them. If this is done regularly, you can avoid full blown infestations that require tenting. So happy to get such an honest insight! After Darin left, I was provided a thorough report, and the following week I was scheduled with Remy, who also came within the promised time window. He was also very friendly and knowledgeable, and took care of all the spots Darin marked. Remy also noticed I was doing some remodel work, and generously offered to treat some new areas that were discovered after demolition. This company made a great impression on me - professional, experts and good-hearted, hard-working people.

Description of Work
Termite Inspection and Spot treatment

Category pest control

Thank you for your business, we appreciate you!

08/02/2019

Chris M.

Very well. Although I still see a couple (and they have a 30 day guarantee, so I will call them to come back out again next week), the big infestation is gone. Greg, my service technician, was very prompt, very pleasant and very professional! Thanks

Description of Work
I needed the perimeter of my home sprayed for ants

Category pest control

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are happy to hear about Greg! Thank you for your business!

04/06/2019

Julie M.

I just had my home fumigated by American City Pest and Temite and their subcontractor Quality Pest Services. The superior execution and follow up service they provided is truly reminiscent of a by gone era-where a provider not only executes beyond what was agreed to and contracted for, but also provides follow up service in a similarly exemplary manner. Times have changed. It is easy to start feeling that someone’s word is not necessarily their bond. American City Pest and Termite is proof that some companies still operate based on that creed.

Description of Work
Termites and Bees

Category pest control

Thank you for allowing us to take care of your bees as well as your termite fumigation. We appreciate the trust and business you have given us over the years. Thank you for the nice review!

Greg G.

Fantastic service overall! Their office staff was incredibly friendly and helpful in getting a service technician scheduled to come to our property. Gil was super professional and got us all set up and serviced. Have not had any issues with rodents since!

Description of Work
Pest / Rodent Service

Category pest control, animal removal

Happy to hear our office staff was friendly and helpful and Gil was able to take care of your rodents in a professional manner! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your business!!

Cameron E.

From initial contact with the office I was greeted warmly and they gave me what I felt was a fair price for the service. The technician arrived on time and answered any questions I had. I have referred them to my family for any pest needs.

Description of Work
Treatment for Ants, Roaches,Spiders, and Water Beetles

Category pest control

Glad to hear everything went well! Thank you for referring us to your family and friends! We appreciate you!

Carolyn J.

Treated area appears to no longer be a problem and the service was great.

Description of Work
Inspection and dry wood termite spot treatment

Category pest control

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of your termites!! We are grateful for your business!

Jim B.

Awesome fast response clear estimation of what was needed and compared to other company’s we call a very good price best part all the pests are gone

Description of Work
Fleas and spiders everywhere

Category pest control

We appreciate your business!! Thank you!!

01/11/2019

Melissa M.

Thank you for coming back and fixing the broken tiles.

Description of Work
Termite Control

Category pest control

We pride ourselves on treating each customer (and their property) as we would like to be treated. Thank you for allowing us to fix the tiles and make things right. Sorry to inconvenience you! I wish you would think about removing/editing the F review! We did everything on our end to make things right. Nonetheless, we appreciate your business!

11/18/2018

Melissa M.

Its very unfortunate to have to write such a poor review for a family owned and operated business of almost 40 years. This has been, without doubt, one of worst experiences ever. Not only did my family and I plan a trip around this appointment, but we were forced to stay in a hotel 2 extra nights to accommodate American City Pest & Termites agenda after their mistake. We paid over 3k to have our two houses fumigated and to have to drop that much cash on such poor service is extremely unpleasant. Not only the customer service but the work done on the house was careless and unprofessional. Broken shingles all over the roof. The woman who handles the calls is a nasty, unpleasant individual. We were promised a $200 credit for the inconvenience which was then retracted by the management team. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
Termite Fumigation

Category pest control

For the safety of the consumer, windows must be rolled down on vehicles left in garages in order to let the fumigant aerate properly. Because your windows were up and also another car was left in the driveway prohibiting the fumigation crew enough space to hang the tarps, your fumigation had to be delayed until these two issues could be handled by you. This was the cause of you having to spend two extra nights in a hotel. Believe me, we don't want to have to delay and return to properties later, we do all we can to get the job completed while we are on site the first time. As you said, four shingles were damaged. Unfortunately shingles can be brittle and break, this is why we inform you before the fumigation. You received a $200 discount for fumigating two properties at the same time. We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your termite-free home(s)!

09/19/2018

Joan E.

I have used them many times before. I was very impressed with Darrin today. He was very thorough, knowledgeable and pointed out things I was not aware of. I will highly recommend and continue to use him.

Description of Work
Termite Service

Category pest control

Great to hear Darrin was able to help you out today! We appreciate your business! Thank you!

03/20/2018

Mark S.

They were on time. They were excellent.

Description of Work
They spray for spiders and bugs.

Category pest control

Thank you for your being a long time customer! We appreciate you!

03/16/2018

Lorraine D.

I use this company regularly. Very polite and clean. Never had any problems. Everything has been done very well.

Description of Work
They've treated fleas inside and put traps outside of the house for rats.

Category pest control, animal removal

We appreciate your review! Thank you letting us provide monthly service to you over the years!

03/16/2018

Paul M.

It was amazing! They were professional and good.

Description of Work
We had rats and they get rid of it, we also have termites damage and they fixed it.

Category pest control, animal removal

We appreciate you and the fact that you trust us to service both your home and your business! Your business has been with our company for 39 years! Its been great getting to know your family over the years! Thank you!

03/15/2018

Sandy C.

Fine. We've not had them since treatment. They also do quarterly basis.

Description of Work
They treated for termites.

Category pest control

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your business!

03/08/2018

Steven S.

Excellent! I have used American City Pest Control to service my current house for the past 19 years as well as my 2 previous houses. Everyone who I have referred to American City has also been very pleased. They do such a good job spraying the outside of our house that I do not remember the last time we have needed for them to spray inside the house.

Description of Work
Monthly pest control, monthly rat control, and annual termite control

Category pest control, animal removal

We are happy to hear you are living "Pest Free"! We appreciate all of our customers, especially our long time customers who take us with them when they move! We also appreciate your referrals! Thank you!

11/13/2017

Sandra L.

.........................................

Description of Work
....................

10/23/2017

Evelyn V.

I got estimates from three companies, so I know American City offered a fair price. The staff from beginning to end was very friendly and professional. The work was completed as stated in the contract in a thorough and timely manner. I would definitely use them again and would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Fumigation

Category pest control

Thank you for the review and recommendation! We appreciate your business!

08/20/2016

Bobby M.

We had a contract with this company for pest control, we then developed a rodent problem and they told us it would be extra to do exclusion work. They told me they could not have the guy come out to do the exclusion work for a couple of weeks and when he finally did he walked around the house and did some very superficial outside work (said he cant go under the house which is where the rats were), then told us we had to pay him directly because we cant be billed by American City. Surprise, Surprise, rats/mice didnt go away with his subpar work, had a second guy come out who was a supervisor and really nice, really thorough (still didnt get rid of the problem though, I finally had to go under the house and fill in gaps myself). I was told there wouldnt be any charge because of the first guy failing without even trying, but sure enough a couple of months later I get a bill for 255 dollars, I explain whats going on, they tell me they have no record of paying the other guy, I give them the day/date, tell them the supervisors name, and they tell me they will look into it, which I guess means sending me to collections which I got a notice for today. So, in summary, contract for pest control doesnt include rodents (ok), if you have rodents we send a subcontractor two weeks after request who does subpar work (not ok) and we have no way of knowing you payed him so will double charge you and send you to collections (really not ok). BTW, their collections guy charges 15 dollar credit card processing fee which is ridiculous, but worth it to be done with this

Description of Work
Rodent Extermination

Category pest control

We do not use subcontractors for rodent work! Our licensed service technicians are fully trained and capable of performing exclusion work within a few days of your call and will fill, patch and screen holes wherever needed. We pride ourselves on quality work and excellent customer service! We carried your balance for 8 months before turning your account over to our collection agency.

07/25/2016

Denise H.

AWFUL! They were supposed to close the cage on a Friday and re-open on Monday. Did NOT come to close our cage so Friday night a possum was caught. I call the next morning and am told someone will come between 1:00-3:00. No one shows up. They claim to have an emergency weekend number. We called it FIVE times during the weekend. Not one phone call returned, no one came to get the animal (False advertising?!) The possum sat in cage all weekend. It's now Monday at NOON and they still haven't arrived. After all the messages I left, you think they would have made this a priority, but here I waste another day waiting. Bad customer service. Clearly inhumane treatment of animals.

Description of Work
Possum catch & release

Category pest control, animal removal

Yes, we deserve an "F" for this job. A series of misinformation and bad communication caused a trap to be left open over the weekend, which is against our protocol. When you called on Saturday more miscommunication between our office and our after hours technician ensued. I sincerely apologize to you and the opossum for our failure on this job. Luckily there was food and water for the opossum. I am truly sorry for the frustration we caused you.

06/01/2016

Dennis K.

I have experience with them. It was fine.

Description of Work
They sprayed in the garage and checked rodent problems in the attic.

Category pest control

Thank you for your business!

12/28/2015

Jim K.

Called to request inspection/estimate for rat infestation in our house attic. Was told by polite receptionist that there IS a sixty five dollar charge to come out and inspect. Since there are other similar top rated pest control companies on Angies List, we opted to work with those companies that did not charge for estimates/inspection.

Description of Work
Did not hire this company

Category pest control

We take pride in our quality inspections performed by our licensed technicians. The $65 inspection fee is applied to any work done by our company. If we gave free inspections, we would have to pass that cost to other customers, which would not be fair. We are a family owned company who takes pride is serving ALL customers with high quality services and fair pricing, since 1979!

07/21/2015

Charles L.

Made appointment within a couple day. Performed service. Pleasant punctual.

Description of Work
Treated for roaches and did follow-up visit.

Category pest control

We appreciate the opportunity to provide service to you and your home! Thank you!

Surf City Termite & Pest Control

"My core value is to offer the highest level of customer service to my clients, they need a pest professional they can trust and who is there every step of the way." - Gabriela Terrazas Family Owned & Operated, We do all our own work (no subcontracting). Payment is due on completion of work, Financing plan may be available on certain jobs. Additional Location: 10868 Drury Ln, Lynwood, CA 90262

Termike Pest Control

***WE ONLY OFFER TERMITE INSPECTIONS, TREATING AND REPAIRS*** *****WE DO NOT OFFER ANY OTHER PEST CONTROL SERVICES NOT RELATED TO TERMITES***** Termike Pest Control provides termite control and wood repair services for both residential and commercial properties. As the leading termite extermination and wood repair company in the Orange and Los Angeles County Area, we have the experience, technology, and manpower necessary to handle any commercial or residential project. For more information regarding our services or to schedule a free estimate, please contact our office at 747-222-5811 today! Free refinance and eserow inspection

Offers by Termike Pest Control  on Angi
    Hawx Pest Control

With locations nationwide, Hawx Pest Control is proud to provide top-of-the-line pest control to our customers. Offering both home pest control and commercial pest control services, we placed our core values right in our name so that we’ll never forget what drives us. Hawx stands for: Honesty Attitude Work Ethic Excitement

PR0186
    Structural Pest Control Board
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

COMPLETE PEST & TERMITE SERVICES. RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL. ANTS, ROACHES, FLEAS, BEES & ALL OTHER INSECTS. RATS & MICE, GOPHERS, LIVE ANIMAL TRAPPING, SKUNKS, RACCOONS, DEAD ANIMAL REMOVAL, NUISANCE BIRD CONTROL & EXCLUSION, TERMITE, INSPECTIONS, ESCROW REPORTS, WOOD REPAIR, FUMIGATIONS, LOCAL TREATMENTS, YEARLY CONTROL SERVICE.