A Plus General Contractors Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2010

11330 Knott St

Garden Grove, CA 92841

Numerous financing options and promotions available!...

10/31/2013

Valerie F.

Every summer/winter after the first two years we would have issues. They stated that it was the type of thermostat that we had. When we found out was that there was a part on top of the roof, that tells your system if there is too much gas, and therefore the heater would not turn on. All the years that our system was under warrantee they failed to replace it. Throughout the warrantee, it was very difficult to get them to replace anything that was covered under warrantee. We don’ t want anyone to get suckered in by them again.

Description of Work
They install a Trane Air Conditioning and heating unit in 2000.

07/31/2013

Kim B.

I called Costco for an estimate for AC/heating installation. They sent this company. I've met/work with a lot of contractors but this guy took the cake on rudeness! I was particularly shocked because this was a Costco approved one (and Costco is known for great customer service!) He was late, but I didn't hold that against him since he called to inform me. What I did not like was his condescending attitude. As he pulled into the driveway, he saw another contractor pulling out and he seemed upset/shocked that I was entertaining other bids! His first words to me were, "You are getting other quotes too? What did they charge you?" Then he continues to pester aggressively (several times) and demanded to know how many estimates I got, what the prices were, and what did they say was wrong w/ the unit!? NO OTHER contractor I had there exhibited such deplorable behavior. To top it off, he never opened the door to the AC unit to check the measurements or to see what type of unit it was or anything. When I asked, "Do you want to open it up and see?" He actually quipped: "What for? You just told me the AC doesn't work. Why should I check it out? Look, I can pretend to do a song and dance for you and act like I'm measuring just like all those other guys. But what's the point. You need a new system." The quote he gave me was $4800 OVER everyone else's bid. When I told him that, he sold the Costco "customer service and professionalism." Seems he was riding on Costco's coattails. But ironically, I did not see one shred of that legendary Costco service from him.

Description of Work
Estimate for new AC/heating system

05/15/2013

Linda P.

Initial install went well and product works nicely. However I am now selling my home and the buyer has a question that came up during inspection that they need. answered. I have tried for two weeks to get a three sentence e-mail from A Plus to clarify the issue for the buyers peace of mind. They have promised on three occasions to provide the info but have not performed, nor will they return my calls as they also have promised to do.

Description of Work
Retrofited my heating and air with high efficiency models.

04/28/2011

Julie D.

The A+ salesman made the fastest and most professional visit I've ever received from any contractor, offered tons of detail on the estimate, provided financing (low interest), were extremely flexible to work with my work schedule and a completion deadline I had for getting the work done. Their project manager visited to prepare all the materials for the work, and when they arrived to do the work, they brought everything they needed, covered the floors, were respectful of my space, took all the debris with them, provided all the paperwork for the new system, pulled the permit, tested the system, and explained their work to me. The work took about a day-and-a-half, and was done very neatly, cleanly, and professionally. I now have a much more energy efficient and health HVAC system in my house, and a good experience with this contractor. They did ask me to schedule the final inspection with the City to sign off the permit, and there are a few simple corrections to make the inspector happy, but they have already scheduled to perform the corrections so the re-inspection can take place.

Description of Work
A+ completely replaced my old furnace, air conditioning unit, ductwork, thermostat, and supply & return grilles.

02/11/2011

Tom G.

A Plus Heating & Air had told me originally that the price for everything would be a lot lower than it ended up being. In the end I went with another company because their price was too high.

Description of Work
A Plus Heating & Air gave me a quote for a new heating system in my house.

12/22/2010

Richard A W.

It was all done in a single day.

Description of Work
They replaced my furnace and almost all my ducting as well as the heating great and the thermostat. They put in a state-of-the-art Trane furnace with 95+% efficiency system which qualified for the government tax rebate program. I did it through Home Depot so I financed it for zero percent interest for twelve months. It looks like the federal government is going to re-initiate the same rebate program for next year so I intend to try to get the same thing for next year for replacement of the air conditioning unit. With the $1,500 rebate, the unit is actually costing me $5,000.

08/10/2005

COLLEEN A.

ALL I CAN SAY IS EVERYTHING IS POSITIVE ABOUT THIS GUY. I REFER HIM TO A LOT OF PEOPLE IN OUR AREA. THEY HAVE NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HIM AS WELL.

Description of Work
WE HAD SOMEBODY ELSE PUT TILE ON THE FLOOR AND IT WASN'T LEVEL, SO WE HAD HIM FIX IT AND HE PUT RECESSED LIGHTING IN THE BATHROOM AND KITCHEN.

Category home remodeling

08/10/2005

I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY FOR OVER TEN YEARS. HE IS PROBABLY THE MOST PERFECTIONIST PERSON I'VE EVER WORKED WITH, PLUS HE'S CREATIVE. ALL I CAN SAY IS HE'S EXCELLENT AND I HAVE NO WORRIES ABOUT HIM BEING IN THE HOUSE.

Description of Work
WE DID THE RECESSED LIGHTING IN THE KITCHEN AS WELL AS CROWN MOLDING AROUND THE WHOLE OPENING THAT THE OLD FLUORESCENT LIGHTING WAS IN.

Category handyman service

Mr. Cabinet Care

The Original Mr. Cabinet Care is owned and operated by the Jaridly Family. Established in 1987, the father, Moe Jaridly, and his three sons, Sam, Sid and AJ, built what has become one of the largest and most trusted kitchen remodeling companies in Southern California. The Jaridly’s started in a modest 1,500 square foot shop in Santa Ana. In the years since, the Mr. Cabinet Care facilities have grown from 3,000 to 7,500 square feet before settling into their current 24,000 square foot factory in Anaheim, which they now own and occupy. The Original Mr. Cabinet Care has satisfied over 19,000 clients and has been voted the #1 Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Company. In addition, they are California’s only 13 Time Winner of the People’s Choice Award. To learn more, visit mrcabinetcare.com. We serve residents in Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Irvine, Mission Viejo, and many other cities in Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside, San Bernardino County and North San Diego County.

C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc

You can have the lasting beauty of the fine custom cabinets. We offer custom-built cabinets and refacing to enhance the beauty of your kitchen or bathrooms at a price to fit your budget. When it comes to fine workmanship, "C & M is second to none". Our cabinet designs are not mass produced, but individually designed to fit your specific needs. We do all of our own design, fabrication, finishing, and installation. C & M is a family owned operation based in Huntington Beach since 1977. Thanks to our many satisfied customers we are proudly a referral driven Business. C & M proudly provides the superior quality and workmanship that our customers demand at a price you can afford. When you want the best, Call C & M Kitchen Cabinets. 7 employees. Uses subs for counter tops & electrical. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges apply. License #384045.

One Week Bath

One Week Bath is an independent bathroom remodeling company serving Southern California. Since we launched in 2000, we have completed thousands of beautiful bathroom remodels in Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange County. Our mission is to eliminate the risk & stress of bathroom remodeling, making overall customer experience & beautiful design the priority. With One Week Bath, high quality doesn’t have to take forever; our typical remodels are completed in just one week. License Number - 784036.

Residential HVAC for retrofit replacements & new installations. Solar Electric Systems.

Duct cleaning, Plumbing, Whole home energy audits