C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since May 2005

You can have the lasting beauty of the fine custom cabinets. We offer custom-built cabinets and refacing to enhance the beauty of your kitchen or bathrooms at a price to fit your budget. When it comes to fine workmanship, "C & M is second to none". Our cabinet designs are not mass produced, but

cabinet makers (45)home remodeling (37)countertop installation (17)marble & granite (12)cabinet refacing (8)woodworking (6)plumbers (10)lighting (9)electrician (8)flooring (5)drywall (5)interior painting (2)

05/18/2021

Marleen G.

He was nice man. He treated his employee well. The measurement was right but the one cabinet was not wide enough. It was not centered on the sink. He did a good job in the pantry pull out drawers He still some adjustments to do.

Description of Work
He made my kitchen cabinets.

Work Completed On 04/18/2021

11/07/2020

stacy M.

Excellent, I highly recommend them for your kitchen remodel. Very responsive and excellent quality.

Description of Work
Full Kitchen Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/07/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed], You were both great to work with! Thank you

11/07/2020

Albert Y.

Had cabinets made for hallway and breakfast area in October 2020. From the initial phone call to the installation Jacques was very responsive, prompt and patient with us asking questions. Also his team did an excellent job installing and cleaning up after. Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Custom cabinets

Category custom cabinets, countertops

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Review for C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc - 11661 Martens River Cir, Fountain Valley, CA - 39008667

08/27/2020

Sharon H.

Couldn’t have gone better . Jacques called within 24 hrs and set up appt to see job. Linen closet Area was unusual shape and required creative design to make it work. Design and estimate Provided within days. Work was high quality and finished when promised. Jacque and staff were friendly and followed CVD protocol. Floors were protected and left clean. I would definitely use C&M again!

Description of Work
Custom built in linen closet

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

Review for C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc - 11661 Martens River Cir, Fountain Valley, CA - 38833831

07/19/2018

Robert G.

Jacques Boulanger, the owner, is a very capable guy. He was able to do all that I asked of him and do it well. He removed an old oven and a kitchen cabinet above the old refrigerator (it was too tall for the new refrigerator to fit under it). He said it would be better to let him build a new cabinet rather than modify the old one. He came over punctually just before the new oven and refrigerator were delivered and had the old oven out in time to have the delivery guys take it away. He also removed the old kitchen cabinet before the delivery guys came so that they could roll in the new refrigerator when they got there. I had worried about coordinating all of this but Jacques had set the time aside to be available just when I needed him and I really appreciated that. He then modified the space for the new drop-in oven and then installed and connected it electrically. It fit well and worked correctly right away. I had wondered who would be able to make the space fit the new oven and who would be able to fix the problem with the kitchen cabinet that hung down too far for the new refrigerator. Both my problems were taken care of by Jacques with ease. He came back two weeks later with my new kitchen cabinet and quickly installed it above the new refrigerator. It matched the cabinets around it perfectly and left me plenty of room above the refrigerator so that the cabinet doors are able to open all the way. These new refrigerators have high bumps in the front of them rather than a flat hinge for the door so that kitchen cabinets doors above the fridge can't open all the way because of that high bump. Jacques is a very capable guy and is able to work out problems on the spot. Nothing seems to phase him, probably because he has over thirty years of experience in this business. He is a very straightforward and direct guy. He says what he means and he means what he says. He was very nice to work with and I highly recommend him. He had quoted me a fair price for removing the old cabinet and building and installing the new cabinet but we had never talked about what the charge would be to take out the old oven, adjusting the space for the new oven and installing it. This took quite a while for him and his assistant to do and I thought to myself "this is going to cost me a lot" but then it was worth it to me to have him and his expertise there when I needed him. When he asked if $300 was OK I said it was more than OK. That was such a good price for the effort and timeliness of what they did and I was so pleased that I gave him a tip to boot. All in all, what I had expected to be a really bothersome experience, Jacques turned into a good experience. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Remove and replace kitchen oven and cabinet

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

04/26/2017

Hans W.

Jacques was great to work with and his knowledge and workmanship was excellent. He showed us various cabinet door catalogs to help with our decision, and he was totally willing to custom-mix the wood stain color we had in mind. His sub-contractors (plumbing, electrical, drywall, tile) were all very professional and clean and all had been working with Jacques for 10-15 years each. As for the budget, we had a dollar amount in mind, and his was in the right neighborhood. There were several add-ons we requested after the work began, which he accommodated without issue. Jacques responded to calls or texts very promptly. We were told each bathroom would take 5-7 weeks, and for the most part, that was true. There were minor delays here and there, and we did start the work late in the year near the holidays, but it all worked out fine. Like any job, especially on an old house, there are unforeseen costs that will come up which will take you over budget. This cannot be blamed on anyone. My only complaint would be that he could have communicated a little better on dates and times when workers would be showing up. We frequently found out the night before what would be happening the next day. But the end product was excellent and we are extremely happy. We will definitely hire C&M again for future remodeling projects. Description of work: Remodel guest bathroom: Remove vanity and toilet. Keep existing cast-iron tub. Build new custom vanity and new floor-to-ceiling linen cabinet. Electrical updates for code requirements. Repair drywall and old crack in plaster ceiling, primer coat. Install new toilet, sink, granite countertop & backsplash, lighting, exhaust fan, etc. Replace tub drain (too old). New tile for tub surround & new ceramic tile floor. Epoxy grout used throughout (this was a small upcharge – but totally worth it). Not included: Fixtures, paint, mirrors, cost of tile and stone. Total cost: $20000 Remodel master bathroom: Remove double-sink vanity and toilet. Completely remove 3ft x 3ft shower stall, curb, and shower pan. Bump out one wall of the shower stall to allow for a bench. Raise ceiling in shower stall to match the rest of the bathroom ceiling. Build new custom double-sink vanity. Electrical updates for code requirements. Repair drywall, primer coat. Install new toilet, double-sinks, granite countertop & backsplash and shower bench, lighting, exhaust fan, etc. New tile for shower & new ceramic tile floor. Epoxy grout used throughout. Not included: Fixtures, paint, mirrors, shower door, cost of tile and stone. Total cost: $22000 Extras: Install new cabinet doors in a hallway linen cabinet. Also new cabinet doors for above-closet storage cabinets in 3 bedrooms. 2 ceiling lights in kids bedrooms, move 1 wall sconce in hallway to recessed light in ceiling. Total cost: $2000

Description of Work
We had wanted to remodel 2 bathrooms in our 1958 home. One of the bathrooms was quite narrow and would require custom cabinets to make everything fit. Several contractors offered to buy a standard vanity and cut it down, or others would farm-out the cabinets entirely. Given the custom nature these bathrooms would require, we felt very much at ease knowing C&M actually builds all their own cabinets in their own shop, as well as being the general contractor for all the other work involved.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

Review for C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc - 11661 Martens River Cir, Fountain Valley, CA - 34909535

03/20/2017

Rick S.

Perfectly and all work completed in scheduled 3 weeks. Jacques worked with us on the design and provided useful input to help us make the correct decisions.

Description of Work
Entire kitchen cabinets, appliances and pantry replaced.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/14/2017

02/27/2017

Robert M.

I contacted C and M to bid on my Kitchen remodel. In the end, I decided on another contractor, but my experience with Jacques was first rate. He was prompt, answered all my questions and actually gave me a better price then the contractor I ultimately went with. Since he is the single point of contact from bid to final install, I had a lot of confidence that I would not have any issues throughout the process. I think he also had the most flexibility in working details to cut expenses in areas where I did not want/need to pay for unnecessary "quality". The only thing that the selected contractor had was computer generated drawings and CNC manufacturing that provided a visual aid and confidence in knowing exactly what I was getting. They also lowered their price to match Jacques, but because I have to work with a separate contractor for demo and wall tile work their actual costs will be a little higher. The work is not yet completed, but I think I would have been just as satisfied with C and M and would have paid $1000 - $2000 less.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel - replace all cabinets, install new granite counter tops, install all new appliances and new backsplash/wall tile.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/11/2017

05/05/2015

Jean M.

He completely gutted the kitchen, pantry and laundry room. He raised a window and extended the counter 10 feet. The time frame was quoted and completed as quoted even though our glass tile was held up on a container ship off shore for 2 weeks. All new wood cabinets with quartz countertops. Behind the quartz counter tops we have the glass tile backsplash 16 inches high and it is also behind the stove. He also made us a custom fit quartz top kitchen table. He installed new dishwasher, washer and dryer new vent system over stove, new sink with Moen faucet that is motion activated. The floor is porcelain tile with the wood grain look. It is perfect! The painter, Joe Paine, was fabulous as well. We hired him to paint our living room. In the words of my Mom who is 93 years old and has owned this house since 1954, " I never thought I would ever live long enough to see my kitchen this beautiful! I can hardly believe it!" And it is truly beautiful!! We highly recommend C & M Kitchen Cabinets and all the subcontractors they used as well. Jean McGrath

Description of Work
Jacques was up front and honest with us. We were not seeking the cheapest company nor the highest priced. We wanted quality work at a decent rate and we wanted a company where the boss was personally involved with the work , all of it. I feel we had the best guy for the job who accomplished our goal in the time frame he promised. He had great subs for the electrical, plumbing, painting, ( in fact we hired the painter to do more work for us) and tile setting.

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

01/14/2015

Takeshi Y.

My reviews can sometimes be lengthy to fully detail all that is good, all that is bad, and everything in between. This review, however, will be brief. From our very first meeting with Jacques through to the end when every last detail had been attended to, Jacques and his team were simply the best. Every step from concept to creation was conducted at the highest level of professionalism and with great attention to detail. And to top it all off, Jacques' prices are extremely competitive and he is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. You'll truly wish Jacques did more than just kitchens and bathrooms!

Description of Work
Complete tear-out of old kitchen and installation of new kitchen, including creation of a dining bar and removal of walls to enlarge multiple entry points to kitchen. Included custom built cabinets, tile floor and backsplash, granite countertops, and electrical.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/15/2014

Review for C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc - 11661 Martens River Cir, Fountain Valley, CA - 9873624

It's always a pleasure to transform a previously unworkable space into something the homeowners are really excited about! We really enjoyed working with the Yamamotos!

07/07/2014

Jerry C.

We had 3 bids and felt Jacques was the contractor we felt most comfortable with. He listened to what we wanted and answered all of our questions and concerns. I am very detail oriented and Jacques took the time to work with us to get exactly what we wanted. We are very pleased with both the kitchen and the bathroom. He communicates extremely well and has the knowledge to do the job right. His workman were on time and he was here to supervise them when it was necessary. The workers were professional and have worked with Jacques over an extended period. Jacques is very hands on and when there is a problem, he responds rapidly and takes care of it. He fabricates high quality cabinets at his shop and provided us with several cabinet door samples and stains to choose from.He does not hold your hand and help you select the granite or tile colors. If you feel you need this service, you may want to consider this fact. He does purchase the products you have selected so you do get the contractors's discount price. If you bring home samples, he will also offer his professional opinion if you ask for it. We will definitely hire C & M again when we remodel our master bath.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and main bathroom. In kitchen, new custom cabinets, electrical updates including lighting and outlets, plumbing, drywall, granite counters, and tile backsplash and tile floor. In bathroom, new vanity and mirror, rebuilt and tiled shower, new tub, tiled tub surround and floor, installed new lights and plumbing.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/06/2014

03/27/2014

JAMES R.

We wanted to get new cabinets, enlarge the island area, new quartz counter tops, built in microwave, beverage cooler, new farmers kitchen fire clay sink and also wanted to increase floor space. I interviewed 3 A rated contractor and ask all to quote a complete remodel of the kitchen. All had good ideas but Jacques suggested moving the refrigerator to the side wall and going with new counter depth appliances which turned out to be an excellent call. I hated getting rid of my old 36" commercial Wolf stove but by doing so we gained 8 more inches of floor space. The counter depth refrigerator was a good call too. The look is very "built-in" and polished. Jacques and his team are real professionals. The end result is beautiful. We had a few mid stream changes and Jacques handle all very well with reasonable price adders. He met his schedule of 4-5 weeks from start of demo to completion, but there was a fair amount of no work days waiting for various contractors to do their part. Price was middle of the pack but very glad I didn't go low bid and paid more for C&M. The wife couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Remodel.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/03/2014

10/20/2013

Jason C.

We just had our kitchen updated with new custom cabinets by Jacques Boulianger at C&M. We could not be happier and highly recommend him to others. We got four other estimates from reviews on Yelp and Angie's List and not only was Jacques' quote significantly less expensive, but based upon the conversations we had, we could tell he knew what he was doing. He worked with us and asked all the questions - even some we were not thinking of - and installation was quicker than anticipated. It took an extra half day over the one-day installation schedule as our concrete floors are a bit uneven. He spent a lot of time making sure each cabinet was perfectly level. Jacques is involved in the entire process from the planning stages to the construction of the cabinets in his workshop behind his showroom to being there during the installation. We even had a few hiccups (gas line and electrical outlets needed to be moved ) but these were not a concern to him and he took care of it during installation for no additional cost. However, one of the most impressive aspects about Jacques is his quick and constant communication. When he made a plan he stuck with it from construction to installation. He responded to all our phone calls and emails quickly. He ended up needing to postpone our installation by two days and called us the week prior to apologize and work with our schedule. We had a lot of trust and really like his professionalism and character. Again, do research, get some estimates, have a plan in mind, but definitely consider C&M. I hope you, like us, end up with a locally hand-crafted kitchen that will exceed your expectations.

Description of Work
Built and installed new kitchen cabinetry to replace the poorly installed and falling apart "contractor grade" cabinets in our 10 year old home.

Work Completed On 10/03/2013

09/21/2013

charles H.

EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL WITH THE FINEST QUALITY PRODUCT. WE WOULD RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE WANTING A FIRST CLASS JOB ON A KITCHEN RENOVATION

Description of Work
BUILT AND INSTALLED ALL KITCHEN CABINETS AND GRANITE COUNTERTOPS AND BCKSPLASH

Category custom cabinets, countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/13/2013

08/23/2013

Harold B.

C&M provided excellent work in all aspects of the job. They were very professional responding to our order request, pricing, and on time delivery. The final product and installation was excellent. I intend to use C&M for our next kitchen upgrade. I waited 6 months before writing a review. I wanted to make sure the installation was performed correctly and did not sag. The excellence of C&M's work has remained in tact.

Description of Work
C&M designed, custom built, delivered, and installed kitchen cabinets which enlarged the opening for a new refrigerator. Previous opening was 33" and it is now 36". This required new cabinets above the refrigerator and new floor to ceiling cabinets on the side.

Work Completed On 02/22/2013

07/02/2013

Caroline M.

When Jacques came for the original estimate he said it would be at least a week to get it to me. His estimate was direct and easy to read when it showed up a week later. His estimate was lower by $3K - $5K than the others I received from well rated Angie's List contractors. After choosing him he came out again for final measurements and I asked him to include several other items. The price barely budged. He is busy and told me that it would be several weeks out, then called when he had a firm date. He works right along side his crew of four, one with him over 20 yrs, one 14. They were quick- the work was done 1/2 day earlier than we thought. They were quiet and careful of the items in my home that they has to move. All was cleaned yesterday before they went home and again today before leaving. Jacques is a craftsman. Doors are aligned properly, handles and knobs installed in the correct place and he treats his crew with respect. The previous homeowners remodel was cheaply done and the difference really shows. Jacques is a small business owner that does quality work.

Description of Work
Reface kitchen cabinets, install casters on island, make and install one cabinet, make shelves to replace glass shelving in one unit.

Category custom cabinets, glass repair, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/02/2013

06/12/2013

David R.

I was impressed from the start with Jacques communication and knowledge. He is always on time and always calls back and is easy to get a hold of when you need him. He gave the most fair bid of all the contractors I had over. Fair priced labor with no nickel and dime-ing. He is the owner and is very hands on, he's there for almost everything doing a lot of the work himself. He fabricates the cabinets at his shop in fountain valley where his showroom is. His work is very high quality and precise. I was scheduled for a May 6th demo and he and his crew showed up right on time. So first week they demoed on Monday, Wednesday they did the electrical and Friday the drywall was completed. I painted on the weekend and the following Tuesday the cabinets were installed. The next day Cambria came out to make templates for the countertop. Week 3 is when the countertop was installed and I had my guy install the tile floor and backsplash. Everything was wrapped up in week 4 with the final electrical, appliance installation, cabinet knobs/pull install, and crown molding/trim. Thank you Jacques and crew for the awesome new kitchen and great experience.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel. Demo & haul away. Removed florescent lighting, and installed LED lights. Drywalled ceiling and walls. Purchased & installed 2 slabs of cambria quartz countertop. Designed, built and installed custom cabinets. Installed all appliances and sink, everything. He did everything except for the tile and paint.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/07/2013

Review for C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc - 11661 Martens River Cir, Fountain Valley, CA - 6227448

03/06/2013

Charles F.

We remodeled our kitchen, so we kept the same based cabinets, everything else was new. Well Jacques was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. He listened and did everything we wanted. He was just a great person to work with. We are looking to use him again to remodel our bathrooms. What is nice about Jacques is that he is a custom cabinetmaker. So especially when you are going to retrofit the same footprints there is a lot of custom work that has to be done and he can just do it on the spot, and that is what made a huge difference.

Description of Work
We used Jacques Boulanger at C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc to remodel our kitchen.

Work Completed On 02/01/2013

09/18/2012

Joan T.

I called Jacques. He came over and gave me some ideas as to what he thought would work to increase my counter and storage space. My daughter and I went over to his showroom, chose the style of the cabinets, the wood and the color. He does his own manufacturing of the cabinets in his shop next to his showroom. The quality of their work in all aspects is impecable. There are no surprises with Jacques and his crew. He is very responsive when it comes to telephone calls and is very helpful when it comes to answering your questions. If he says they will be over at a certain time, they are. They were very neat and clean and always cleaned up after every visit. Now I have the most beautiful kitchen. The cabinets are gorgeous, the new counter tops along with the new cabinets give me much more storage space and the Cambria quartz counter tops are beautiful. I also have a great farm-style sink and a coffered ceiling with four pot lights. Who could ask for anything more? I love it!

Description of Work
Jacques Boulanger, the owner of C & M Kitchen Cabinets, and his crew just recently finished remodeling my old 1966 small kitchen that lacked counter space and storage space. The kitchen sink was rusting ,the fllourescent lighting was outdated, and the cabinets were a disaster.

Category custom cabinets, lighting, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/05/2012

09/08/2012

Donna B.

Prompt, polite and honest. Delivered on time, did not make wild promises and installation was professional and well done. My kitchens looks better than I expected!

Description of Work
Jacques remodeled my kitchen, which included a refacing of some cabinets, added base cabinets, and all new upper cabinets. He and Angel did a wonderful job and came up with great ideas for trouble areas. He was knowledgeable and honest. I really appreciated it when he offered ideas and/or gently steered me away from bad ones. He offered solutions in every case. His bid was very fair and he actually delivered a product that exceeded my expectations. I would recommend him to anyone. What's more, he is easy to work with and pleasant. I got two other bids that were twice his quote.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/30/2012

03/25/2012

Paula S.

He admitted that he might be too high end for our project and left.

Description of Work
Very prompt and professional; does not paint cabinets; re-faces or installs new cabinets; estimate is geared to high end; way too expensive for our small, older rental home in Tustin; quote was $5-6K to re-face, approx 20-25 lineal feet of kitchen cabinets.

Category custom cabinets, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/24/2012

02/06/2012

Diana L.

Overall it went very well. It's the largest and most expensive home project that I've every undertaken, so I had many questions and needed guidance in several areas. Jacques was responsive to my questions and provided guidance in areas that needed his expertise. Initially at my request, he referred me to two customers who were willing to have me visit their homes and discuss their projects. For my project, there were some challenges in scheduling because I work in a home office and also have outside meetings and appointments, so we needed to coordinate schedules around contractor's other jobs and mine. I especially appreciated the expertise and professionalism of his stone and electrical subcontractors as well as Jacques' cabinetmakers. When questions or issues came up, Jacques was responsive and timely in handling them. Jacques performed some of the project tasks himself and always made himself available or visited the job site when subs were working in my home. Excellent contractor.

Description of Work
I needed a kitchen remodel including a combo of new and refaced kitchen cabinets, new counter tops, lighting revisions/replacements, and installation of new appliances. I purchased the appliances, backsplash tile, plumbing and lighting fixtures separately and had them delivered for installation.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/05/2012

Review for C & M Kitchen Cabinets Inc - 11661 Martens River Cir, Fountain Valley, CA - 3831170

01/15/2012

Robert R.

C & M manufactured beautiful cabinets for our laundry room, linen cabinets, two bathrooms and also manufactured mirror frames for each bathroom too match the cabinets. WE highly recommend C & M Kitchen Cabinets to anyone wanting high quality work at a reasonable price

Description of Work
We just finished our third project with C & M Kitchen Cabinets since signing the first contract August 25, 2011. The quality of work has been excellent throughout.. Jacques is very helpful and knowledgeable of all phases of the remodeling, making suggestions which are very helpful. His sub contractors have worked with him for many years due to their excellent craftsmanship in plumbing, tile walls and floors and electrical modifications and installations

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/14/2012