White Mechanical

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2010

White Mechanical, Inc. is a family-owned business with 35 years of experience. Our experienced technicians can install and service all makes and models of HVAC equipment. Owner, John White, built this company from the ground up, now employing over 30 technicians, but he is still a major part of overseeing day to day operations. Want to talk to him directly? Just give us a call and he'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, such as any specials we may be running!...

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

The Whites

+10 more images

HVAC Companies202192688
This unit was around 25 years old, the homeowner was in dire need of a new unit. She upgraded and updated and it looks spectacular.
New AC Unit Installation project

HVAC Companies

202192688

4.4

HVAC Companies (22)

03/02/2020

Scott F.

They were very good. They were very responsive, they responds to you quickly, and sends someone over to you the same day. A lot of guys supervised the job, and that was really good. They're very automated, and up to date. They sends a text or email when they're on their way. Their office staff were really great too.

Description of Work
I had them installed a new furnace, and air conditioning in my house.

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Sorry about the delay. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this great review. We will be sure to give our staff the good news! Have a great day!

02/28/2020

hal A.

It was fine. They did a good job. They cleaned up everything. They asked me some options before they did it.

Description of Work
They installed my furnace and air conditioning system.

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for this great review. Please be sure to call us for all your heating and cooling needs.

02/25/2020

Joe S.

Everything went great and I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They installed my heating and AC.

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], This is great news! We are so happy you are happy with your service, please be sure to call us for all your HVAC service and install needs

04/02/2019

Jeff W.

I interviewed four companies for this job. Although I did not choose White Mechanical for this job, I developed a deep respect for the individuals I dealt with, Alan and Gary. Anyone looking for HVAC service and/or installation would do well to consider this company. Alan and Gary came out to my house to inspect the job. Both were very knowledgeable about the equipment and the possible system configurations. They provided three quotes and fully explained the pros and cons. They were very professional and did not try to up-sell me on anything. For example, I wanted to consider a heat pump. They pointed out that heat pumps would be an expensive way to heat a home in California, relative to a gas furnace, because you would use electricity to get heat from the heat pump instead of burning a much cheaper fuel, natural gas. I had a few phone conversations with Alan after the initial consult. One of those conversations was about zoning. He was enthusiastic about zoning and had done it in his own home. But he also explained some of the pitfalls, for example additional controls and equipment that if they suffered a failure, could be expensive to fix. He felt that in my situation, the advantages of zoning could be achieved in other ways. (I think part of this is that the advantages of zoning increase with the size of the house and the number of people living there as different people have different preferred temperatures). I really appreciated his honesty. I talked this point over with some other HVAC experts and they agreed. The vendor that I eventually chose made a proposal that was comparable to the one I got from White Mechanical. White's bid was cost competitive through inclusion of a cash card from Costco. I do not shop much from Costco and so this was an inconvenient way for me to get a "discount" on this job. Still, I might have gone with White, except for the fact that the vendor I chose was equally as knowledgeable about the equipment and was equally as customer oriented. So to repeat the point made above, if you are looking for HVAC service and/or installation, it is worth your time to contact White Mechanical.

Description of Work
Replace an old heating and air conditioning system

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

11/03/2017

Ken W.

Very well. Professional, prompt tidy.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and AC

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

06/04/2017

Mark G.

I'd say the experience was one of ebb and flow. The plus or flow: all conversations with the owner John White - super responsive and customer oriented; Steve Pannel provided a detailed assessment and quote; the quote was reasonable in terms of time, quality, and money, and he answered lots of questions; the installers did a great job, started and ended on time, focused on a high quality and detailed installation, left the job site in great condition; and the Lenox products work great. The minus or ebb: the front office really lacked follow-up or follow-through, including with phone calls and faxes, last minute forms, and especially ball drops around scheduling inspectors to close the job after installation - all eventually got done (and no problems with inspection) but boy did we need to chase things down, without John's help this would have been difficult.

Description of Work
We had the entire (old) HVAC system replaced with a new Lenox HVAC system.

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

02/15/2017

Dale B.

Thankfully, I haven't needed them since. They were very professional.

Description of Work
White Mechanical installed my system for me.

Work Completed On 07/15/2016

01/12/2017

Sharon C.

The process was smooth from start to finish. Each person we dealt with all along the way (whether on the phone, through email, or in person) was great, and the guys who did the work were prompt, professional, courteous, and helpful. We were given choices, so nothing was "forced" on us, and they answered all our questions. I would absolutely recommend White Mechanical, and would use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
We needed to replace a broken gas heater, and decided to replace our old A/C unit at the same time. They also replaced every register in the house, and installed a great new thermostat.

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

09/02/2016

Ross T.

The crew was very professional, courteous, knowledgeable and real careful with walls, floors and furnishings. The foreman was always on site and ready with answers to our questions. They showed up on time with 3 trucks, ready to go. With all the traffic going up and down the stairs for 3 days carrying parts, there were no signs that they were ever here once they were done. They even managed to get the old furnace unit out of the attic (a 2 person lift) and down the stairs without leaving so much as a scratch on anything anywhere. Totally impressive ! The installation took 3 days to stuff all the parts in the attic and it was a nice, clean, meticulous job. The crew really took their time to get every detail right and they cleaned up as they went along. In the end, the work areas were a lot cleaner than before they arrived ! The overall design of the entire system is exactly what we'd envisioned from the consultation we had at the beginning. Everything works as planned, no surprises (other than being pleasantly surprised that everything does work as planned !). All the While Mechanical employees that we've dealt with have been great. Its almost a shame that with everything replaced, we probably won't need to call them again for 20 years ! Well, except for maybe routine maintenance. They are a real good group of people.

Description of Work
We needed a refresh of our HVAC system. White Mechanical did everything. They consulted with us about the best fit system after listening intently to our wants / needs, then they replaced the compressor unit outside, the furnace / air handler, all the ductwork (redesigning the flow pattern to the rooms), the vent registers and the thermostat.

Work Completed On 06/08/2016

08/29/2016

becky B.

My air conditioning stopped working in the heat of summer. I called and White sent out a service technician (Charlie) right away. The A/C unit is quite old so I was nervous about what they would find. Charlie took a look at the unit and determined that it was just a small thing that needed to be fixed. He fixed it on the spot and I was only charged the $89.00 diagnostic fee. I was so thankful that it was an easy fix and that the technician didn't try to tell me that I needed a new unit. So happy to have my A/C working again!!!!

Description of Work
Evaluated and fixed my A/C.

Work Completed On 08/22/2016

05/14/2016

Catalina Q.

07/15/2015

Frank W.

Description of Work
A/C repairs.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the positive review and for the opportunity to be of service! Steve Pannell

05/15/2015

Nicholas L.

The work was completed, but the cost for the preventive maintenance almost doubled over last years price. It was $79 last year and $149 this year for the same service.

Description of Work
Preventive maintenance

Work Completed On 04/23/2015

09/18/2014

neil S.

2 days into a bad heat wave my air conditioner stopped working. I contacted White Mechanical first thing Monday morning hoping to get someone out as soon as possible. The scheduler was very helpful and worked very hard to get me their next open slot. She was very professional and took the time to let me know how the appointment would go and their contact procedure. A half hour prior to the start of my appointment window Daniel called to let me know he was on the way. Once he arrived he quickly diagnosed the problem (bad capacitor), let me know what had gone wrong and what needed to be done to correct the problem. My unit was over 20 years old and it really required some extra effort for him to replace the part. Once completed he took the time to ensure the unit was really working at full capacity prior to even writing up the bill. I could not have been happier with his service and professionalism. My home is my most important investment and I am really picky about who I let in to take care of it. Based on Daniel?s attitude and professionalism and the way the scheduling staff treated me, I would not hesitate to recommend White Mechanical. I have never done the bi-annual ac/furnace tune up thing. But after finding someone I feel I can trust, I intended to use White Mechanical again in a couple of months to make sure my furnace is ready for winter and you'd better believe they will be back next spring to make sure I'm ready for next summer.

Description of Work
Repaired Air Conditioner Outside Unit

Work Completed On 09/15/2014

08/18/2014

Henning O.

Perfectly as promised

Description of Work
A/c Install A/C/heater on time with expert installation . Unit works as adverized

Work Completed On 07/11/2014

08/06/2014

Nancy G.

He was very personable, knowledgeable, and professional. I got 10 estimates and he was in the top 3. It was very competitive. They were prompt on their arrival time.

Description of Work
They gave us an estimate to replace the whole system.

Work Completed On 06/11/2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate it. We do hope you are happy and comfortable in your home with your family. Do not hesitate to call us again if you needed service. Enjoy the rest of the summer!!!

08/05/2014

Teresa S.

went well ... a little problem scheduling service however once things got scheduled all went well

Description of Work
replaced ac and furnace

Work Completed On 11/01/2013

We are happy to have heard from you, [member name removed]. We do hope your air conditioning is working properly. We hope to hear from you again in the future. Thank you!!!

04/21/2014

Timothy W.

Description of Work
They came in with some good ideas and the installation was very smooth. The one item I wish they had was some sort of financing. They had no programs through the A/C manufactures and I had to come up withy the cash.

Work Completed On 09/08/2013

03/31/2014

Christina C.

Bought the package through CostCo. White's people were very professional. Arrived on time, cleaned up after, did a great job. Everything worked beautifully. The only complaint I had didn't have anything to do with the equipment or installation. I paid one price to cover all the components. When tax time came I asked White for a breakdown of the cost, which I needed to apply for the energy efficiency tax credit. They said they couldn't do it, that I should just estimate the amounts for the IRS. I did my own research and came up with possible numbers, but I was very uneasy making numbers up for the IRS. So if you want any specific information, get it before you sign the contract! In terms of equipment, installation and people I give them an A rating.

Description of Work
Installed furnace/air conditioner

Work Completed On 03/31/2014

02/20/2014

bob S.

Good job overall. Runs well. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and ac unit. Added air prurification system . Replace attic ducts.

Work Completed On 03/17/2013

05/17/2013

JAY M.

Two and a half years later I got a bill from White Mechanical Inc for $125.00 check I had given them separately for the added charge for vents I wanted threatening to send me to collections in 10 days after no contact for 2 1/2 years. It's their lazy way of getting people to reply to their problems and I sure enough paid the check to make sure of it but at that point I don't consider that good customer service.

Description of Work
White Mechanical Inc came back for a quick tune up on an adjustment they had to make in the beginning for a complete installation.

Work Completed On 01/08/2011

12/09/2011

JAY M.

Got first quote from another that was too high for a generic SEER 13 unit Did research online Google & Yelp. Liked what I saw so contacted them. Quoting was great, prompt good natured and asked enough questions. Allowed me to ask questions and accomodated my mix and match giving me a good deal. Guys were on time, fast and professional. Installation was well done, better than I thought could be done. Results happy customer, no buyers remorse.

Description of Work
I had HVAC system installed to replace older unit. They were on time for the quoting appointment. The tech's were polite, quick and efficient asking good questions and quickly catching on with my knowledge level. They gave me 3 options and when I questioned them after doing some research they dug enough to give me 3 better options that fit my requirements. I chose the one we discussed and am extremely happy with it at so far. The installers were on time, good natured but very professional. They worked well together and did an outstanding job cleaning up a sloppy original installation and even fixing a hidden leak in the air duct they were not responsable for but made sure it was done right. The final installation looks night and day better than the original and even better than I thought they could do. They routed everything out of the way making sure it was secure and didn'g vibrate. I would and have recommended them to other people. Their quote was $2500 less than the first quote from a company that was recommended by a friend. Unlike the first company that would only give me a price, with White I got a full on quote e-mailed to me and product details. I also got a name brand SEER 15 unit from White instead of the generic SEER 13 the first company was selling.

Work Completed On 11/21/2011