The Hot Spot - Year Round Fireside

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2012

7610 Folsom-Auburn Road Suite 180

Folsom, CA 95630

We are a family owned and operated fireside store serving Greater Sacramento for over 20 years!

01/15/2016

Kimberly H.

I think he was weary with the deal we purchased. He had seen too many buyers of the design deal through Angies List before meeting us and knew their price was going to be higher than a deal buyer was interested in paying. It was good for fostering the family discussion of what we wanted to do or not do, but we had no work done, just the "design services".

Description of Work
discussed options for installing an outdoor grill and kitchen. Created plans using their products offered.

Category chimney sweep, outdoor kitchens

01/13/2016

Tyler M.

They were fine. I ended up buying something different from them. They applied the big deal to a different fireplace I wanted to purchase. I guess their punctuality was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for The Hot Spot.

04/22/2015

Ramy A.

Contacted them. They sent us links to the gas inserts. We picked the one we liked. A few days later they sent someone over to install it. He did a good job. Cleanup everything. Used it the whole winter. No issues. Love it.

Description of Work
We had a gas/wood fireplace we never used. They installed a gas insert that we selected using the gas line pre-installed by the home builder.

02/03/2015

Gus S.

That came out fine. They were fine. They did the job well. They were very good, but still cost more than the expected.

Description of Work
They installed the gas logs and the gas line.

01/21/2015

LuEllen P.

Went well considering that I needed to have them come back to raise the unit. The unit was also was a part missing from manufacturer and they readily ordered and installed the part within 2 days. They have been receptive to my calls for assistance....they seem genuinely concerned that it is working properly for me.

Description of Work
Install gas lines for new gas fireplace insert. Install fireplace insert. Raise the insert from floor level about 8". Powder coat surround trim

01/17/2015

Ed L.

Sent the provider a message through Angie's List website on Thursday night as I needed a hot water heater repair and I never received a call back as of Saturday afternoon!

Description of Work
Nothing. Never Called back

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Sorry, [removed member name]. We are a fireplace store and do not repair water heaters.

01/09/2015

Margaret B.

I purchased the deal thinking that the fireplace would then be able to provide heat for my house. After talking to the very helpful staff at The Hot Spot, this deal does not provide any extra heat. The type of insert I need is about $3,000 and not currently in the budget. I am requesting a refund within my 30 day guarantee from Angie's list.

01/05/2015

Tom M.

This deal must be popular because it took them almost two weeks to contact us. Jason came out and checked out what we currently have and gave me numerous options to choose from. He also explained how the gas line would be brought into the fireplace and gave me a cost for that (which isn't part of the Big Deal). Jason suggested we go into their shop to pick out what glass, rocks or logs we wanted. We got to see them all in fireplaces with fire and without. We ended up picking a rock which we did not intend to do and we love it! We scheduled a day and time with Jason about 3 weeks out, and asked him if he could come sooner if someone cancelled. It worked! We got everything put in 8 days early. There was a crew of two guys who came promptly at 8 AM. They were clean and respectful of our home. They covered the floor with a drop cloth. They had everything removed, inserted and cleaned by 1 PM (2 hours ahead of schedule). We love it. We got a remote control and there is a variable speed fan. Very easy

Description of Work
We bought an Angie's List Big Deal. Transformed our wood only fireplace to an enclosed gas insert fireplace. Also ran a gas line and electrical lines.

12/16/2014

Kathleen S.

They came out and told us that it would be another $600 to finish the job.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal $425 for Fireplace Transformation Package

12/08/2014

Robert G.

I purchased the deal and because I wanted to convert from traditional wood fireplace. They could do the gas installation in the fireplace but they could not assist me with the damper.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a fireplace transformation package.

Category fireplaces

Hi [Member Name Removed], we are sorry after all of the assistance that you chose to not have the job completed. As we discussed, you have to have a pinned open damper if you want to have a log set. This is code so that you don't accidentally forget to open the damper when the log set is in use. Let us know if you want to move forward with the custom doors. This would help with drafting with your open damper. Carol

09/14/2014

Teresa Z.

Purchased an Angie's list deal. Went to their shop to look at options and pick out what we wanted. Scheduled installation in a timely manner and did a great job with the project. Would recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed gas burner in old wood burning fireplace, including hookup to existing gas line.

Category fireplaces, gas leak repair

07/10/2014

DEBORAH S.

. We visited the store, and chatted with Carol Rocha, who was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. We explained what we were looking for, and our budget. She showed us some examples in her showroom, and we arranged a time for her installer (Gerardo) to come and check our existing fireplace for the appropriate size, and also establish any possible problems. Gerardo was right on time, and very pleasant. He checked the inner dimensions of the fireplace, the outside venting, and the possibility of raising the fire insert so that it would be more visible when sitting on the sofas. He answered all our questions, explained how the installation could be modified without too much expense, etc. Carol contacted us with a pricing for the gas insert, venting kit, installation, and also the cost of raising the fireplace, all within 24 hours. We felt it very fair as it was the complete price, no surprises, and they would remove the old fireplace and all the peripheral mess. She had a choice of dates for the installation, and we chose the most convenient one (although we could have had it installed within a week of Gerado measuring the fireplace). Carol gave us a time (8.30 -9.30 am) and Gerado with Francisco arrived bang on 8.30 am. They laid out protective sheets over the floor (even though we are replacing the carpet, but it was much appreciated!), and then brought in the fireplace. Even though we had decided not to raise the fireplace (thinking of the budget), when Gerado brought out the surround, my husband said that it would probably look a million times better if we raised it 3 inches. Gerardo was very patient and we looked to see how we could maximise the height of the insert. As we had initially said we wouldn't raise the insert, Gerardo didn't have the materials on hand to achieve this. But he was happy to go and get the necessary boards, etc to build a support under the insert. Francisco carried on with the prep work, and fitting the new chimney cap while Gerardo went to the store. It was only an additional $375 to raise it, which included the materials and labor. It was definitely worth it. As they had to cut, grind, bolt, etc the process took until 2pm. But they were quiet, efficient, and very tidy. They brought their own lunch (but I don't think they ate until the job was over!), and left the living room immaculate. Carol called the next day to check that all had gone as planned. We were more than happy, but did say that the chimney cap base needed to be trimmed from a square to a round so that it wouldn't be so odd looking (HOA architectural review committee came by as the installation was happening, and requested that it match the other homes in the community). Carol completely understood, and as they live close by, said that her husband would trim it with tin snips at no extra charge. As it was an exterior job, we wouldn't need to be at home. Perfect! From the word go, Carol was helpful, efficient and great to deal with. Her estimate was very descriptive, with the complete list of features that would be included in the price, the installation, and the discount (very nice!). The fireplace looks great, and Gerardo showed us the various ways to operate the fire, and took his time to answer all our questions - even though he had another appointment after us. He was unfailingly friendly, helpful and patient. He told us that our satisfaction was very important to him, and that he wanted us to be happy with our fireplace. We are! Thank you so much Carol, Gerardo and Francisco. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a new insert, fireplace, or any other heating matter.

Description of Work
They replaced an inefficient gas log fire with a new gas log insert with remote control.

Category chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

06/18/2014

Susan L.

They were great to work with. We had a problem with the system one time a few months later and they came back at no charge with no questions being asked for the repair. They were responsive.

Description of Work
This was a Big Deal for $75.00 for an outdoor kitchen consultation with design plans. They put in a gas insert for a fireplace and they deducted the Big Deal price as they did not do that service.

02/18/2014

Lynette D.

Wonderful. Love the warmth,, clean and cozy. So happy with it. And the amount I save on Gas. Its fantastic

Description of Work
Install Gas fireplace

02/16/2014

Margaret B.

I bought some products instead which were fine, but a little pricey. Nice people to do business with, in any case.

Description of Work
I wasn't able to use the services as planned as I couldn't get the gas line.

02/14/2014

Robert R.

The fireplace installed was very nice and for the most part I was happy with the gas fireplace itself. The down side of the installation was that finding a source for the electricity required for the firebox left me with two large holes drilled in my bedroom wall in order to reach the fire box to provide the electricity needed for its operation. I ended up with two holes because the first attempt did not successfully reach the fireplace so another hole was drilled about 1 foot from that. These holes are about 1" - 2" in size. The need to drill was discussed prior to the installation and I understood the need to find an electrical source and I agreed with using my bedroom because the original proposed site was right next to the fireplace and would have looked unsightly when completed. I must admit that I had no idea how unsightly these holes were going to look prior to giving the go ahead. In retrospect I think they need to do a much better job on the electrical portion of the installation and include using both an electrician to properly wire the box for its electrical needs and a drywall person to repair any sheetrock damage done to complete the installation. Their proposed use of a cable cover over these large holes doesn't properly address the problem and degrades their workmanship

Description of Work
I took advantage of an Angie's List offering for the installation of a gas fireplace. .

12/27/2013

Stephanee R.

I already had the gas run to the fireplace, so that saved us a little money. The main difference between the sale price and the final price was the sales tax of $226.80, the cost to pull the city permit of $250, and the price of the permit itself at $89.00. After they left, we discovered that the fan has an annoying buzz to it, and so Jason came back out to check on it. He decided that he would have it replaced under warranty, and I expect that to happen in the next month. Everyone I have spoken too has been very helpful and personable. I would definitely use their services in the future.

Description of Work
Jason originally came out a year ago to give us a bid for a gas insert and when I saw the Angie's List deal this year, I went ahead and made the purchase. He and his installer came out on time to install the fireplace and completed the work with care and diligence. They used a drop cloth to keep my floors clean and had the work done in short order.

12/19/2013

Gloria L.

They arrived, looked at the high ceiling, and fireplace. Study the situation, and concluded that it would be very complicated and expensive to run a gas line from the kitchen to the fireplace in the living room due to the high ceiling. A lot of work and expense would be involved. They would have to make holes in my walls in order to run a great amount of piping. I am not interested in the expense or damage to my walls.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from The Hot Spot.

12/13/2013

Marcia P.

They installed a gas fire glass insert into my existing fireplace! |

12/10/2013

Kathy C.

Super! Excellent response time to my calls and concerns. Prompt, efficient, tidy installation.

Description of Work
Installed a new gas line in the fireplace. Installed gas log set and fireplace doors.

11/15/2013

Linda K.

I lost the $500+ that I paid because I had to hire another company to come fix the disaster Hot Spot installed. I gave the opportunity for Hot Spot to correct the problem. Even told them 4 other companies had given me 5 options to fix the issue. (Their own tech had said it was the best he could do.) Carol sent a nice email saying she would call me later in the day. Never heard from her again. I waited 5 weeks for the installation. Certainly was NOT worth the wait.

Description of Work
Lifted out my old grate and connected new burner and filled it with glass

10/29/2013

Tanya F.

These linear fireplaces are expensive no matter where purchased, but The Hot Spot helped us with our budget. Carol provided incredible customer service on numerous occasions as we made several store visits and asked many questions before our final decision. Jason and his crew were clean, efficient and very friendly while removing our old unit and installing our new fireplace. He came to our house before we purchased the fireplace to answer questions on install and configuration. We highly recommend The Hot Spot for all fireplace purchases and we would hire again!

Description of Work
Carol helped us shop for a gas linear fireplace to fit our needs and Jason removed our old fireplace and installed the new one.

Category masonry, fireplaces

10/28/2013

Teresa Z.

The people at the store and those that came out to do the work were easy to work with. They did a great job. However, this job cost about $100 more than quoted and charged.

Description of Work
Turned wood burning fireplace into a gas fireplace.

10/01/2013

Alison Z.

I have been interested in converting my woodburning fireplace to gas for some time now and saw their deal on Angie's List. Having never converted a woodburning fireplace before, naturally I had some questions about what their "deal" included so I attempted to contact them through Angie's List, their web site, and via telephone. I never heard back from them at all! I even used the appointment scheduler feature on their web site and made a phone appointment with Carol so I could ask her some clarifying questions before shelling out nearly $500 and I never heard from her. Very disappointing. This company obviously does not value potential customers so I'd have to think they'd treat paying customers the same way.

Description of Work
They didn't bother to return my calls or emails.

Category fireplaces

Hi [member name removed], Sorry to read your negative review. Customer Service is always our Top Priority which is why we have earned such highly rated reviews from Angie's List. As the owner, I am in the showroom all day, everyday and field all of the calls. I did not receive a voicemail from you or it would have been returned. I am not sure what feature you found on line but we do not have a "phone appointment scheduler" on our website. Our apologies if you were waiting for a response because we never received your request. Our number here is 916.608.4328 and we are available to answer any and all questions that you may still have. Carol

09/23/2013

Vera I.

Fantastic. On time, no hiccups. Very nice people to deal with.

Description of Work
Installed gas fireplace logs and trim. Installed gas line and electric.

Category gas logs

Hi [removed member name], We are so sorry to read your negative review. Customer Service is our Top Priority which is why we have so many Positive Review's on Angie's List. I am unclear by what you mean about scheduling a phone appointment thru our website. This is not a feature that we have on our website. Perhaps you were contacting another business? Nonetheless, if you need any assistance we would be happy to help.

Phoenix Energy Solutions Inc

We are a Sacramento local energy solution company. We are a family owned and operated business. We have been serving our clients for nearly 10yrs to help them save energy and have better comfort in their homes. We have a fantastic staff of 6 dedicated team members that strive to consistently provide top rated service to our customers. Our technicians participate in on going annual training and certifications to stay abreast of the industry requirements. No sub contractors or day laborers are used to perform your project.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

LAVISH GARDENS LANDSCAPE

With over 30 years’ experience, we believe that consistent communication is the key to a successful landscape project. That is why the same salesperson with whom you meet as your initial contact will act as your project coordinator as well. He/she will be with you from the first meeting to the end of your construction project ensuring your trust, confidence, and satisfaction. Let Lavish Gardens Landscape design and install a professional custom landscape to allow you to escape everyday pressures and stress; a retreat made just for you! Whether you want to create a resort right at home for your family and friends to play and relax or a simple place to call your own; we will create a landscape with quality, integrity, and beauty for you to enjoy for years to come.

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing

Dependable Rooter and Plumbing is your #1 choice for all residential service and repair needs in Placer and Sacramento counties. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we take care of all your plumbing needs, and we guarantee your complete satisfaction with the final results. We are known for our dependability and our high quality of service, so you can turn to us for plumbers you can trust. At Dependable Rooter & Plumbing, we offer emergency plumbing service for those times when you simply can’t wait for a scheduled appointment. We know how crucial it is to have serious plumbing issues immediately inspected and repaired. This is exactly why we provide our customers with fast response and service when they need immediate service.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

We offer full Service, Repair and Installation on Gas, Pellet & Wood Inserts and Stoves. Custom and Pre-fab Fire Pits. Outdoor Kitchens, Grills & More. We're all things fire.

Ask for details.