Active Construction

Founded 1985 • With Angi since March 2010

112 Lepage Ct

Folsom, CA 95630

Additional contact name - Michael Lopez. Small to medium jobs, Accept cash or check, General Contractor, work by myself....

06/15/2017

Kirk H.

Active Construction is top notch! Very quick on responses and was able to perform the drywall repair to full satisfaction in a prompt and professional manner. I will be using them in the future!

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category handyman service, interior painters

07/24/2016

Kartikey M.

We have been trying to get someone to install a range hood for quite some time. Most of the people I got reply from were either booked for next 4 months or were unlicensed. Mike was easy to contact and he responded quickly. He came over and gave some great ideas and suggestions regarding the task at hand. We wanted to install a range hood and duct it outside the house through the roof. His quotes were reasonable and gave us a time within next 2 days. He came on time with his son. Worked very patiently and to the perfection. Amazing attention to detail. he would not try to conceal a mistake(however unnoticeable it might be) but would redo the whole thing unless it is perfect. He and his son were both courteous, patient and professional. It was fun to have them around. Will definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Range hood installation with duct work

Category handyman service, home remodeling

07/22/2016

Kevin J.

Mike and his son came with very quickly and was even pretty flexible when we screwed up the day he was scheduled to come. They were fast, efficient, and friendly. They did a great job and cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
Demo and replacement of damaged baseboards.

01/18/2016

David H.

This is the second time I have used Mike, and again I had a great experience. He removed the antennas when he said he would for the very reasonable price he originally quoted. I will be using him for any, and all, future handyman work.

Description of Work
Removed old, and large, TV antennas from roof.

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed],

12/01/2015

Theresa B.

Garage door repair completed.

Description of Work
Mike showed up on time and fixed my garage door at a very reasonable price. This was actually a dangerous job a lot of guys won't do. He walked through a couple doors that had loose handles and repaired them without being asked. I will hire him again.

Thanks for the review !

11/16/2015

Justin M.

I was very satisfied with the repair work Mr. Lopez completed at my home. He trimmed two doors that will now close with new carpeting and he installed a new door handle in my kitchen. He arrived on time and completed the work in a timely manner. I would definitely use his services again for home repairs and recommend him to my friends.

Description of Work
Repair work done on two doors and installation of a new door handle.

11/12/2015

nathan P.

On time. Very friendly. Did good work and was knowledgeable about plumbing and electrical needs. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Installed 4 sink faucets and a bathroom faucet. Also installed new gate lighting.

Category electrician, fencing, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

10/09/2015

Jenifer C.

Mike Lopez was great. He suggested some changes that made good sense, He discovered and repaired plumbing leaks while the wall was open that would have plagued me later. The overall design is better than it would have been if Mike had not been on the job. He disposed of all demo material. I felt almost like a collaborator rather than an employer, as he was ready to answer any questions I had and work with me. I highly recommend him and will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom: replace linoleum with tile, remove existing vanity and recessed mirror cabinet, repair drywall, repair numerous plumbing leaks, install pedestal sink and new medicine cabinet & light fixture.. Frame in and install sliding closet doors in master bedroom.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

10/06/2015

Charles B.

Description of Work
Friendly, quality service

Category countertops, fencing, handyman service

07/19/2015

Charlene C.

Mike arrived early at 8 am as promised to get started on the process as it gets hot in the attatic crawl space and wanted to get the job done in a timely manner. He was polite, detailed and very professional. During our initial consultation I could tell he took pride in his work and I was not disappointed. He did an excellent job and keep us up to date on his progress as he went along. He asked us questions if needed and did not assume. He did not disrupt our day and we did not disrupt his except to offer him a bottle of cold water here and there. The entire job took about 7 hours. Mike cleaned up his work area in both the bedroom and family room. The ceiling fans with/lights utilize a remote and they look fantastic. His cost to do the job was reasonable. It's a joy to be able to go into those rooms now and feel the breeze from the fans as opposed to always putting on the air conditioning. I would definitely recommend him for electrical as well as handyman work to family and friends going forward. I will use him for future needs electricity wise as well as handyman services. He is a very humble yet outstanding professional to do business with. My husband and I highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Wired the master bedroom and family room in order to install ceiling fans in both of those rooms.

05/12/2015

nathan P.

Mike was great. Showed up on time and worked a full day on my misc. projects. I was very happy with his hard work and pleasant demeanor. I will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Installed 4 faucets including plumbing repairs and drain installs. Removed old and installed new light fixtures on gate posts.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

05/09/2015

David H.

The experience with Mike could not have been better. He quoted me a competitive rate, arrived at the agreed upon time, and did a fantastic job with the installation. He was able to schedule the work right away which was very much appreciated because I needed the work done within a week. I will definitely use Mike again for future projects.

Description of Work
Installed grab bar in shower.

Category handyman service

Thanks for the review, It was a pleasure to serve you

12/14/2014

Michael S.

Mike is punctual, upfront, and personable. His prices are very reasonable, and the quality of the work was outstanding/seamless. If you're looking for someone to get a quality job done in a timely fashion, this is the guy. He responded right away when messaged, appeared on time for the estimate, and the start of the job. I will be calling him shortly for future jobs around the house.

Description of Work
Installed 2 Bathroom Fans (Net-New) Inclusive of Venting Installed 3 New Electrical Plugs Installed 3 Deadbolt Locks

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

06/02/2014

Janet B.

Mike was very helpful and I appreciate the recommendation he gave me.

Description of Work
Mike was unable to provide the service I needed within my time frame. At my request, he referred another handyman that he felt might be able to accommodate my request. Even though he couldn't do the work, I think it's very nice that he could give me another handyman to contact in my area. I will keep Mike at the top of my list for future projects that won't be on such a tight time line. Thanks again Mike/

05/03/2014

Geraldine P.

He is great!! I always try to use local companies and he did a great job. He was very neat and clean and had wonderful craftsmanship. I want it to be exactly as my late husband had built it 13 years ago and he did a great job replicating it.

Description of Work
I had a trellis that the posts were deteriorating. Mike came out and dug out the old posts, treated and replace new posts and put the trellis back on top. He had to craft new joints to connect to the trellis.

Category handyman service, woodworking

04/23/2014

Bill Z.

As soon as I showed Mike what I needed done he informed me that the job was larger then he would like to take on at this time. The and quot;GREATand quot; part was that Mike stayed for an additional 40 - 60 minutes going over everything I wanted done to give me an idea of cost. He was very nice and professional; ; I will definitely use Mike in the future.

Description of Work
Mike came out to give me an idea of the cost to add sf to a residence I'm thinking about buying.

Category remodeling

04/15/2014

Paul F.

Mike was professional and showed up when he said he would.

Description of Work
New bathroom,wall repairs,new flooring in three rooms.

10/17/2013

chris B.

VERY IMPRESSED. He came to the rescue when another contractor backed out on a promise to complete work this week, and he stayed into the very late hours of the night to finish the work. As my home is 80+ years old there are always quirks when doing improvement work. He was able to think outside the box when needed to get the job done and I was very impressed with the quality of his work. I also really enjoyed working with him, and feel like I have finally found a go-to contractor for all my home improvement needs. You will not be disappointed if you hire Mike.

Description of Work
Remove big old stove ventilation structure, install new stove vent, install hardwired dishwasher, and prepare area for gas stove installation

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

09/10/2013

Kurt K.

He was punctual and professional. We discussed everything before he started the project. He finished on time and on budget. He gained our trust so much that we are also considering him for future work. We definitely found our handyman!

Description of Work
He prepared counter top removal for new counter tops.

Category countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

08/26/2013

donald A.

It went great. Mike is very nice and gets the job done. Everything looks and works great. He actually did a few other items for free while he was here. I think his prices are very affordable. I will certainly have him back for more work.

Description of Work
Build wall between master bedroom and den. Put new door into den from the hallway. Remodeled shower. Tear out old tile/green board/plumbing and install new wedi board/tile/and shower head/mixer. Also took out original bathroom florescent lights and installed recessed LED lighting.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

07/12/2013

Shane M.

Calls were returned, work was performed as scheduled and adjustments made to minor problems satisfactorily.

Description of Work
Repair 2 gates and fencing, repair sliding glass door, remove glass shower doors and clean adhesive from tile in shower enclosure, pickup, deliver and install storm door

Category ceramic tile, fencing, handyman service, doors

01/17/2013

rich M.

I bought a new chandelier that needed to be installed. Mike came by on December 18 to check out the job. He had to take down the old chandelier and there were two holes in the ceiling; one was the electrical box, the other for an electrical cord coming from the house wiring that wound through the chain in a swag and into the electrical box. He examined the job thoroughly and gave me a list of the cord and length of a new chain I needed to buy. He came back on December 21 to hang the new chandelier. Excellent!

Description of Work
Electrical.

11/07/2012

Hisham S.

They were very nice; okay.

Description of Work
I used Active Construction for landscaping.

Category handyman service, landscaping

11/05/2011

CAMERON D.

His name is Mike and I've used him for several things. He did a wonderful job. His prices were very, very reasonable. He did a great job and he was qualified. He was very personable. He did it in a very timely manner and he did a good job. The price was good but it could always be better. I do contracting work and the only reason I had him do it was because I was too lazy.

Description of Work
I used Active Construction for plumbing on several occasions.

Category plumbing

03/31/2010

pHYLLIS E.

He was attentive to detail, asked when there were two ways to do something, called my attention to things that needed repair (that I had forgotten, the garage door not opening correctly, a tree limb hanging on the power line to the house).

Description of Work
The man has a general contractor's license so I felt confident in hiring him. He will tell you when he does not feel comfortable doing something, e.g. rewiring the whole house. He repaired dry root, painted, stripped floors, made new wood screens, rescreened, replaced a light fixture, replaced sheetrock, replaced door trim that my dog had chewed, hung heavy mirrors, put bookshelves on a masonry wall, and repaired leaks in our sprinkler system and more. It was a joy to see our house shipshape, bright and clean.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, sunrooms

GSP Construction Inc

We specialize in cabinet painting, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, exterior painting, dry rot repair, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Brothers Home Improvement Inc

Family Owned and Operated since 1994. Nine Brothers & Sisters Striving For Your Complete Satisfaction! Energy Efficient, Replacement Windows and Doors. No Subcontractors! No High-pressure Sales! Ranked Among The Top Nationwide by Qualified Remodelers! AAMA Certified and Members of the Better Business Bureau. Quality Craftsmanship. Lifetime Warranties. Financing Available. Additional phone numbers: - (916) 791-9170 (510) 498-5987, (925) 828-5789 & (650) 573-0256. Save $75 per window & $150 per door.

Interstate Coatings

Specializing in painting! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Interstate Coatings on Angi

Electrical. Handyman. Tile. Carpentry. Doors, Painting. Drywall, Baseboard and crown

Roofing