3 Generations Improvements

With Angi since June 2008

101 Parkshore Dr Ste 100

Folsom, CA 95630

Thank you for visiting our profile page! 3 Generations Improvements is a family-owned business that prides itself on a combined 120 years of combined experience in siding, windows, doors & decking! In 1956, Grandpa Bob Owens began his career in this industry, followed in 1976, by his son, Kurt Owens and his grandson, Jeremy Owens, in 2002. Using our experience, along with the highest quality products and craftsmanship, we are confident that we can provide you with the customer service and professionalism you deserve! And Remember “It’s not just your home, it’s our legacy…”...

03/04/2022

Nancy S.

We couldn’t have been more happier! They took really good care of us. The workers went above and beyond to do an excellent job; master craftsmen who put their hearts into their work and performed the job with excellence. We highly recommend 3Generations for your siding and windows!

Description of Work
New windows and siding.

Category decks, siding, replacement windows, doors

Thank you so much for your kind words! We enjoyed transforming your home and the crew had a great time as well! Enjoy your new exterior!

12/03/2021

Irene L.

We had cedar siding, which I loved, but it was being attacked by acorn woodpeckers and needed to be replaced. We had a really large project and I was very pleased with the whole process. We worked with Mike. The crew was managed by Vlad. They were all professional, prompt, hard-working and concerned that the job was done correctly. And they were very pleasant to have around. They worked on our job for about two weeks. They also arranged to have our gutters and downspouts replaced and painted under the eaves and the doors etc. We are very pleased results and their attention to detail. The house looks brand new. I am pleased each time I walk in and we are very happy we decided to go ahead with the project. They are also working on a separate scope to replace some doors. That task is still in process. We still have a couple of items on our punch list, but I have every confidence that they will be dealt with when they come to install the doors. In addition we are going to replace our deck and Mike helped us connect with someone to do that. We are very happy with the whole organization and would use them again and would recommend them to anyone looking for quality work.

Description of Work
house was resided

Category gutter repair, siding, doors

Thank you so very much for the kind and detailed review. We look forward to getting that door project taken care of for you and wrapping everything up. It has been a pleasure working with you!

11/09/2021

Mark B.

We couldnt be more happy with the final outcome on our Equipment Garage. Given the unique problem that occured where some of the siding colors did not match you assured us you would resolve the problem with the manufacture - and you did! All siding was redone with new product and it looks beautiful! We could have gone with a lower price bid but because we had history with you when you did our home years ago we decided to go with 3 Generations again. Plus, the fact that you have the same team doing the work speaks volumes and made our decision a no brainer. The craftsmanship is simply the best. The crew always keeps the site clean after each day of work and are easy to talk to too. We enjoy them very much. Thank you very much 3 Generations! Mark and Lynn

Description of Work
Replace Siding on Equipment Garage

Category decks, siding

Thank you! The true metal of a company will show up when something does not go as expected. We appreciate you recognizing that!

03/13/2021

Kyn D.

This was our second project with 3G. The crews are knowledgeable, very detail oriented, and courteous. At the management level, Kurt, Jeremy, and Logan are a pleasure to work with. Thank you for another excellent experience! We highly recommend 3G!

Description of Work
Replacement of all sliding glass doors of home.

Category doors

Thank you for your loyalty to 3 Generations Improvements and for your business!

03/11/2021

Dennis L.

They were excellent to work with, very professional and extremely timely with the work and completed the work when promised.

Description of Work
Need to replace siding on home in Forest Meadows.

Category siding

Thank you for taking the time to review our company, we appreciate the honest and kind words!

11/16/2020

Leslie M.

Having contractors working at your home is usually nerve-wracking, but not with the crew from 3 Generations. From our initial contact, to our finished windows and stucco it was a pleasant experience. The inspector who came out for our permit said the work was top-notch. You won't be disappointed with any work you have done.

Description of Work
Window replacement (stucco, too) and patio cover

Category replacement windows, stucco

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience! We appreciate it!

11/08/2020

Larry M.

3 Generations did a wonderful job on this major home project. Their work crew was outstanding and made sure every detail was completed properly. Many neighbors and passers by have stopped to admire the work and we have received many compliments now that the job is completed. We would recommend 3 Generations to anyone contemplating exterior work on their home.

Description of Work
We had all of the siding on our home replaced.

Category siding, woodworking

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We enjoyed transforming your home and working with you!

06/03/2020

Teresa L.

Excellent. The crew was very professional, timely and knowledgeable. They answered any and all questions and left my house beautifully redone and all areas perfectly clean.

Description of Work
New siding and house painted

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate your business! Enjoy your new exterior!

10/22/2019

Michael S Lindsey M.

We just had 3 Generations install siding and windows on our home in El Dorado Hills. We are thrilled with the final product! We literally have people ringing our bell asking about the company and product. Jeremy was professional throughout the entire process, always available for questions, and helped with all the decision making and planning that goes into a project like this. I was very impressed with Vadim, and the crew... hardest working bunch of guys I've seen in a while. They got the job done right the first time. I've worked with contractors that will take shortcuts, and try and hide issues hoping you wont find out until they're long gone. Vadim and his crew are the exact opposite! They would communicate immediately any issues, and painstakingly deliberate over the possible solutions... making the final product that much better. We highly recommend 3 Generations for siding and windows! P.S. If you can do the Soffit... go for it... we love it :)

Description of Work
Siding and Windows

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Thank you for the kind words and for noticing the minor, yet important details! We appreciate your business and we enjoyed working with you!

10/14/2019

Carol V.

The 3G crew are skilled professionals, proud of their work and attentive to the smallest details. They worked steadily and so carefully. Jeremy cheerfully answered my many questions and went beyond expectations to make me satisfied with the work. I would hire them again and certainly refer them to friends and family.

Description of Work
2 windows were installed, dry-rot repaired, and siding on the south side of my house replaced.

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! We truly believe communication is the key ingredient!

10/04/2019

Todd A.

We had the pleasure of working with 3 Generations Improvements. From our first meeting with Jeremy, we were sold. He is knowledgeable, easy to talk to & the products that were being offered, were all superior. We went with the LP Smart Siding, Soffits & Trim. The first day arrived, we met with Vadym & his team along with Project Manager Jeremy & Mike. They are all great men, friendly, professional & talented Master Craftsmen. The final day arrived. We are so beyond happy, our home is beautiful. We love it & we are thankful of how professional & smooth our 2 week home improvement project went. We highly recommend 3 Generations, from start to finish, it was a great experience. We watch the whole process and it was reassuring to see the attention to every detail they addressed even if that detail was under all the siding & no one would see... It was still done perfectly. Thanks 3 Generations!!!

Description of Work
siding, soffits & trim

Category siding

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful review of our company. We love that you guys noticed the small things, it truly is what turns a good siding project into a great one! Enjoy your new exterior!

09/27/2019

Maria D.

I called to schedule estimate,I was told they don't do repairs job is to small.

Description of Work
I need repair . They told me they don't do small jobs.

Category siding

We appologize that we could not help you with your project. As we mentioned, we do not specilaize in repairs, we specialize in full replacement of siding and windows. Most siding company's like ours do not specialize in both, not because we do not want to, but because we do not have the available labor and staffing to complete both. Try contacting a handyman or local small siding company. Furthermore, our company is out of Folsom, so San Jose is outside of our coverage area as well. Not sure why we are being rated a "C" for not specializing in repairs 3 hours away from our office. Anyways, good luck with your project!

02/20/2019

Raul B.

3 Generations - The knowledge and desire to address customer issue of this company, i.e., the representative is commendable. When we're ready for the propose work, we'll definitely contact 3 Generations. At this time, we'll pursue a short solution. Thanks

Description of Work
Part or all of the left-side of the house may need to be replaced or fixed.

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We look forward to working with your in the future! Take care! Jeremy

11/12/2018

Jim L.

I was very pleased with the James Hardy siding and Milgard window replacement work performed by 3 Generations Improvements. The price was competitive but what was most noteworthy was lead foreman Vadim's and his crew's care, attention to detail and pride in workmanship in performing every aspect of their work. The word my wife and I would use in describing this work would be "meticulous". Even the county inspectors that had to sign off on the permits were highly complimentary of the work that had been performed. I would not hesitate to unequivocally recommend 3 Generations Improvements to others looking for similar work.

Description of Work
siding and window replacement

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you so much for the kind words [Member Name Removed]! We especially appreciate you recognizing our commitment to quality and we will make sure to pass on to the crew. We all enjoy transforming homes and it is so much easier to enjoy what you do when it is done the right [Member Information Removed]! Enjoy your new home!

10/29/2018

Julie S.

Work is always excellent and professional. This is my fourth project/fourth home having windows replaced. Alway's great pricing and the upmost professional mannerisms. The crew is friendly and professional with the installation. I never worry when I have 3Generations doing work on our homes. I highly recommend using 3Generations for window and siding projects.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

Category siding, replacement windows

Thanks again [Member Name Removed]! We are awarding her with the customer of the year award! Why, because this is her fourth project with us! A true win-win relationship that we have had over the last 8-10 years. Thank you!

10/11/2018

Julia B.

Project went very well. Logan Smith with 3 Generations was our project manager. He was very professional and responsive throughout the project. The crew that did the work was excellent.

Description of Work
Siding and window replacement

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you again [Member Name Removed]! Working with wood siding every now and again is fun and the results are always beautiful! Enjoy the new exterior!

05/01/2018

Brenda W.

150% satisfied with every aspect of the project!! Would definitely hire again and will recommend every change I get. Before and After pictures attached.

Description of Work
Replacement of old cedar shingle siding with new Hardee siding, and installation of one new window.

Category siding

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you so much for the kind words! We enjoyed working with you! Enjoy the new siding!

12/12/2017

James S.

Great. Workers came when scheduled and immediately set up, went to work. The foreman, Eugene, very helpful, open to questions and requests. He went out of his way to make things like I wanted them to be. They cleaned up each day and at end of project. Management very open to questions/explaining process/answering questions/and doing things "the right way". The project results were excellent and I would hire again.

Description of Work
Replaced old redwood siding on one large side of house up to three stories at the apex. Used LP SmartSide material. Had to remove and replace #3 windows.

10/27/2017

Farrel B.

I got all I wanted and more. This is the best investment I could have made and I feel good about it. From start to finish, I worked with Kurt Owens, President of this family business and his son, Jeremy. I had difficulty blocking the time to schedule the job and they were flexible in working with me. Kurt explained everything in detail and made sure I understood why I needed to do more than just replace a window or cut out some dry rot. He proposed the siding and windows to fit my needs for quality, durability and attractiveness with consideration for my budget. I took his suggestions and am completely satisfied! He said the job would take 2 weeks and it did: on time, on schedule, within budget. No overruns! His communication and follow-up with me was beyond my expectations. The 3G’s crew were remarkable on site. They worked like a well oiled machine: fast, collaborative, no mistakes. They had all the tools and materials needed on the job site and worked from 8-5, non-stop. Vladimir, the crew supervisor, is a skilled craftsman and conscientious, motivating team leader. They cleaned up the job site at the end of every day. Watching them working together was like watching a ballet. My neighbors were so impressed that they stood around and simply watched - - amazed. No one had ever seen this kind of workmanship before. The finished job not only makes my house beautiful but it also makes it feel more comfortable. It is quieter inside and the house feels tighter than before. I expect my heating bills will go down this winter and my air conditioning bills have already receded. In fact during one of our unusual over 100 degree days this past summer, I didn’t have to turn the air conditioning on until 5:00 PM. I was sorry to see the job complete because I loved having this team at my home. Working with 3Generations was a sincere pleasure! This is a contractor you can trust for integrity and the highest quality standards whether it’s product knowledge, installation, trade excellence, customer care, fairness, follow-through or communication. In the end, they did a final inspection and took me around the house to show me the details that make a difference. Pride in workmanship was evident. I highly recommend this company, their people and suppliers without any reservations. Do not hesitate to engage their services.

Description of Work
3Generations completed a major home improvement for my home during the summer of 2017, and I am absolutely delighted to provide this review because they deserve the highest accolades. If you want stress relief, hire 3Generations. If you want trusted professionals, hire 3Generations. They know what they are doing and will exceed your expectations. My home is a standard builder grade production home, about 25 years old and was decaying from hidden and obvious dry rot of the wood siding, trim, and window sills. The windows had failed and provided no thermal benefit. The gutters were rusted out. Over the years I tried to remedy things with painting and cutting out and replacing dry rot in obvious spots, but conditions ultimately got worse. Truth be told, these building failures could have been prevented if the original builder had done all the right things in the beginning, but there is little evidence that this builder cared about how to make buildings last. Years later, I had the problem of fixing major problems. This was not a small fix and I knew it was going to cost a lot to get a fix that lasted. It had to be done right. I wanted someone who understood weather proofing from a building science perspective, not just a window installer or siding guy who could make things look good. I wanted someone who looked at a house as a system, as an assembly of integrated parts where you have to understand how the materials and layers work together to prevent rainwater entry and to provide for drying. Homes get a lot of stress, particularly claddings (siding) and trim with rains and sun, temperature swings and ultra violet radiation. You want things to last and look good using modern sheathings in a properly insulated wall assembly.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We really appreciate the time you spent on this and we are very thankful for your business!

10/09/2017

Leslie M.

It went very well. Our work was done just as expected. All of our questions were answered promptly. The work was done in a timely, professional manner.

Description of Work
Replace a sliding glass door and 5 windows.

Category replacement windows, stucco, doors

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate your business!

08/12/2017

Kitty G.

We could not be happier with the results of our home! Logan was always available to answer any questions. He came to our house each day the work was performed. The workers were fast and thorough, and they cleaned up at the end of each day. We feel we made a great improvement to our home value, and the cost was very reasonable. Highly recommend 3 Generations Improvements, Inc.!

Description of Work
New siding and windows

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your experience! We enjoyed working with you and working on your home!

11/17/2016

Joe M.

It was excellent. They were great. I think they were very fair. The workmanship was very good. They really paid attention to detail. They definitely got back to me and answered my questions. They were very good about that. Their punctuality was very good. They were there when they said they would be there. They were very professional. I've had no problems. I was very happy with them.

Description of Work
They did new siding and windows. They also did some other trim work.

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We pride ourselves on communication and answering questions as quickly as possible!

08/04/2016

jessica W.

We received 5 total estimates. 3G was by far the most professional of anyone that came out to bid on the job. That sense of professionalism is something that made us want to do business with 3G. It made us comfortable and assured from the get go. There were companies that came in under (and over) their bid, but we felt we were getting the best service and product for our money, and valued that over "getting the best deal". And our instincts were on point. The team that came out to do the job took pride in their work, they completed the job on time (despite some hidden repairs that required extra work), and they were great people. GREAT people! I cannot emphasize that enough b/c it's not easy to come by. We would definitely do business with them again in the future.

Description of Work
New siding and window installation, along with some structural repair from damage that resulted from dry rot.

07/06/2016

Kyn D.

First said, as clients, we are extremely detail oriented and have had extensive experience with contractors on major projects (multiple houses) over the past thirty years. Our recent experience with 3G Home Improvements to replace the siding of our home in Foster City, install new gutters, and paint the eaves was the smoothest construction project that we have ever had. Initially, we interviewed multiple contractors. Kurt Owens of 3G stood out for his very professional attitude, his thorough analysis, and detailed explanations of the various options to consider. He pointed out a number of areas that needed special consideration. We were very impressed with his knowledge of the various products and the specifications for their installation. It took several in person meetings to firm up the details of the project. Vladimir, the head of the 3G construction crew, is a master craftsman. The finished work that he and his team did on this job is superior to any other similar project that we have seen in the Bay Area. He checked in each morning to see if there were any issues to discuss from the previous day and quickly resolved any item that we pointed out. All workers were respectful and diligent. We were on site the entire ten days that the project was in process although it became apparent that our presence was not requisite to insure a superior result. There was excellent communication with Jeremy Owens and Logan Smith at the office. Logan's follow up even after the project was finished has been outstanding. Clearly, he is responsive and focused on customer satisfaction. Our experience with 3G Improvements was beyond our expectations. The years of experience and the dedication to providing a top quality job confirmed the reputation of this company. We recommend 3G Improvements without reservation.

Description of Work
Installed new siding, new gutters, and additional painting.

12/29/2015

Patricia G.

Everything went very well. They got the house wrap completed just before the rain. Even worked on Saturday after the rain to make up for lost time. It is like a new house and we are very happy.

Description of Work
Replaced old plywood siding with James Hardy cement siding. Replaced front stairs and porch with Timber Tech decking and iron railing. Replaced old patio cover with aluminum awning and skylights

Category decks, siding