The Pool Guy!

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2011

4.3

The Pool Guy! brings comprehensive weekly pool care and expert repairs right to your backyard. Our experienced and certified technicians are trained to get to the bottom of any pool problem, educate you on the solutions available, and then get it fixed as quickly as possible. The Pool Guy! will keep your pool or spa in great shape all year long, for one fee that stays the same...no hidden or surprise charges. Whether you choose Silver, Gold, or Platinum, you will always know when your technician visited, thanks to our snazzy doorhangers that also communicate important alerts or reminders. Pool Care and Repair don't have to be a headache. Let The Pool Guy! help you get more out of your pool and spa, and spend more time enjoying your backyard oasis!...

Phoenix Exteriors- Sacramento

We are a full-service team specializing in residential roofing and innovative solar energy solutions - designed with pride and installed with care. #AlwaysRising

NRG - Pros

You use gas and electricity every single day in your home, and your cooling and heating systems run year-round. When it comes to saving money, Homeowners often overlook energy-efficiency. NRG-Pros can help you find out how much money you can be saving with energy upgrades. We can also match you with the best home upgrade programs in California that make it easier on you to take the next big step to improving your home. Lowering your home's energy costs will save you money for as long as you live there. Older homeowners have felt the sting of escalating energy costs over the years; however, there are also some early adopters among younger buyers, especially in regions of the country with more extreme weather. The Sacramento Valley, for example, has a very hot summer and a very cold winter due to its Mediterranean climate; lowering energy costs is very appealing to residents and business owners. We are the best home improvement contractor in the greater Sacramento Valley, Owner Operated with over 20 years of experience in the industry.

Offers by NRG - Pros on Angi
Dr. Earth Landscape

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Landscaping Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

08/25/2014

Christopher C.

We had just moved to a newly constructed home with a brand new pool. Everything had just been built with a brand new system and parts. From the beginning it was a disaster and we felt constantly cheated by their services. We received numerous invoices for services they provided that were either unnecessary and/or without our authorization. For example, they charged us over $100 to "clean" our filter after only 6 months. This was recommended to be done on a yearly basis. Why in the world would be pay to have that done when it wasn't needed for another 6 months per their own recommendation? When we contested their charges they threatened legal action against us. After much argument and numerous phone calls and emails over many months, they finally stopped contacting us but did not offer any kind of apology or actual resolution.

Description of Work
We hired The Pool Guy for weekly service of our brand new pool, Gold Level service.

07/13/2014

LAURO A.

Our 15yr old pool and systems had been wearing out slowly and we replaced things only when absolutely necessary. Finally the Central Control malfunctioned and we could no longer avoid it. When Nathan came to assess our system he asked how much or how little we wanted to replace/ repair. He gave us a list of options to get our pool in good running order - something we had not been able to enjoy for at least 6 mos. We knew it would be expensive but when it was all done we were swimming and enjoying our pool & spa just like when it was new. I especially love the wireless controller since we have control of the system indoors or outdoors. This past Spring (May) I contacted Nathan about a minor issue and he promptly came and fixed it for a nominal service charge. I also asked him to provide an estimate to replace our filter pump. I will be asking them to replace our filter pump and spa pump with one variable speed pump that will pay for itself in less than a year. Every contact I've had with Nathan has been pleasant. He is very knowledgeable and respectful and takes the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. Even if their prices may not be the lowest, I feel we've received good value for the service and quality we've received and will be using them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced Booster Pump Replaced Central Pool/Spa Control plus wireless upgrade Installed waterfall & heater bypass check valves Replace fiber optic lens Replace incandescent pool light Polaris 380 tune up

06/30/2014

WARREN H.

He was excellent. What stood out is that they had a really theoretical understanding of the entire pool system and not just the basic installation facts but they understood how the system works. It's very rare to get somebody that really can figure out the design aspects of it. They installed it and ran us through it. They're not cheap but they are flawless in getting to the root of the problem.

05/22/2014

Steven B.

I called "the pool guy!" after suspecting my 10-year old single speed pump was near it's end-of-life. After calling the front office, I was scheduled for an appt just 2 days after the initial call. Nathan promptly came to the house and was very professional. I requested that he perform diagnostics on the system, so that we could detect if any other parts needed attention. Nathan described all of my options on repair/replace and also pointed out some problems with the plumbing. I suspect the original owner did his own creative plumbing, unfortunately it was not optimal. I requested that the pump be replaced and the plumbing be fixed appropriately. My install was scheduled for the following week; just a few days after Nathan's visit. Much to my surprise, the job was finished a day earlier than expected. All requested changes were completed and the job was very professional. Nathan then scheduled a followup appointment to review the job and explain how everything functioned along with some system tests. Just a few small tweaks to the programming and a followup appointment were needed to get everything dialed in. Overall, very impressive service and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Removed old single speed pumps and replaced with a new variable speed pump. Re-routed plumbing and reprogrammed system. Provided recommendations for cleaning schedules and pump operation.

04/03/2014

Krista F.

After recieving multiple emails claiming that I did not take care of my system and having to have them send their tech back out to put our system back together so we can run our pool sweep and filter the water, it went ok. We had to make multiple phone calls to make sure that were going to do the job right. We use a reputable pool company to service our pool and they do a great job. We chose not to use this company because the quoted us $135 per month when other companies charge much less and do a good job. I found them very unprofessional on many levels. The tech never let me know when he was there or even when he broke something. That is scary! I do not recommend buying a chorine free system from them either. I had to call the maker to get information. The information they gave us was incorrect!

Description of Work
We bought a chlorine free system from them a little less then a year ago and we have had issues with it twice over the last year. It had to be replaced once due to leaking and this time the tech broke a screw, took the system apart and just left our house with the system in pieces. The tech did not knock on the door to tell me he was there or that there was an issue. He just came and left. I did not recieve a phone call from the company just an email that proceeded to state that I had not taken care of my pool and that in so many words it was my fault! They stated their tech had to clean our system and that they were going to charge me for that. I had the system cleaned 2 weeks prior so that was extremely frustrating because I knew the system (bars) were clean. They also stated that I needed to pay for new bars (it has titanium and copper bars). When we bought the system Nathan told us it was under a 1 year full warranty. In the end we paid $150 for the copper bars. They replaced the titanium one.

08/26/2013

Victoria G.

We have been very happy with the work and can definitely recommend our Pool Guy. He takes time and the pool is sparkling clean when he leaves.

Description of Work
We have the next Gold service,

08/26/2013

Caren H.

He seemed nice. We were looking for a bigger company.

Description of Work
gave estimate

08/13/2013

Mark B.

Awful experience. Asked the Pool Guy! to replace filter parts, attach a chlorinator, drain half the pool and rebalance the chemicals. Filter parts replaced no problem. The company scheduled the pool draining while I was on vacation. Talked to the Office Manager Ann and told her I was okay with them draining the pool while I was away so long as they re-filled it. She assured me that they would. I get a call from my housesitter saying the night of the draining saying that the pool was not re-filled. I have a vinyl lined pool and the weather was almost 90 degrees that day, which could have ruined my lining. Called Ann to complain and she said she would 'talk to the technician'. Technician then came back a few days and attached the chlorinator and allegedly rebalanced the pool chemicals. Tested the pool water the next day and found that the Ph and chlorine levels were extremely low. Complained to Ann again and got back an e-mail saying that Ph and chlorine levels can change on a daily basis. I do my own pool chemicals and know Ph and chlorine should not change that dramatically overnight if the water was properly balanced. The final kicker is that the chlorinator is not dispensing sufficient chlorine into my pool. So now I am stuck with a pool full of algae. After sending Ann a letter detailing my dissatisfaction with her company, Ann was nice enough to send me a point-by-point rebuttal of the issues I raised. Great customer service! She also was nice enough to 'waive' the service fee to have a technician come out to check out their work on the chlorinator installation. Again, just an overall awful experience.

Description of Work
Provider replaced filter parts, attached a chlorinator, was supposed to rebalance the pool chemicals, drained half the pool.

05/07/2013

Chris M.

I have used this company's services before and called them again (found them on this site). Ann was very straightforward and easy to work with and communicated very well. Their pool technician Julio is outstanding. He was very prompt, courteous, informative and did a fantastic job. The last time he was here he helped with a problem I had and made a suggestion about draining the pool and starting with new water. Turns out he was right! Rather than dumping a lot of expensive chemicals in over and over and still having issues, I decided to drain and start over. He worked on my pool for about 5 hours, draining it completely and scrubbing down the interior of the pool. Now I am filling it up and will expect to see him in a few days to put all the chems I need in and start off the hot season with my pool clear and cool!

Description of Work
My pool was green and needed a complete draining, rescrubbing of the plaster and complete work done on cleaning the filter system. I have a 27,000 gallon pool, so it was not a small job.

04/04/2013

Art S.

Nathan and Dave visited our home, evaluated our pool, made recommendations, and signed us up for start-up and routine service. They were professional in appearance and demeanor. Everything was explained clearly and all my questions were answered. In my experience, pool service is a guy with a pickup truck and not much more. This is a professional looking and acting company, right down to the iPad based service estimator and agreement. The team left my house at Noon and at 3 pm I received on email confirmation with work schedule, contract and water analysis. Terrific! The work quoted was schedule and performed on time and for the quoted price within four days of the initial consultation. The pool water has never been more sparkling and without, for a change, any effort on my part. Nathan recommended removing a non-operating heater and unused but in place plastic piping for solar heating (the solar panels had been removed 20 years ago). My old pool service never made the suggestion. The improvement is amazing -- the pump does not have to work as hard as before, it runs quietly now and the flow through the skimmers is much improved. I recommend The Pool Guy to all -- great service and great results!

Description of Work
Drained and rebalanced the pool. Removed unused heater and abandon solar heating pipes. Checked underground pipes for leaks. Started monthly service.

Category pool cleaners

We provide: Pool & Spa Weekly Care, Pool Repair, Pool Solar Installation & Repairs, Pool Inspections, Salt Pools, 100% Chlorine-Free Alternatives, Removable Pool Safety Fencing, Pool Energy Audits and Energy Efficient Pumps & Lights, Heater Repair & Installation; Tile, Grout & Rock Cleaning; Black, Green, Yellow and Neon Algae Removal; Endless Pool Installation & Service (Factory Trained), and much more.

Spa/Hot Tub Repair (freestanding)

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover