Roof Doctors

Founded 1987 • With Angi since March 2011

4.2

Please do NOT leave messages on Angieslist for our company. You will need to call us for a free roof inspection and estimate - 800-913-1180. No other roofing company in Northern California inspects, repairs and certifies more roofs; or solves more roof leak problems. Over 105,000 roofs inspected since 2010. Over 11,000 "likes" on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RoofDoctorsdba Serving the Central Valley, Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area - North Bay, East Bay & South Bay. Free Roof Inspections and Free Repair Estimates are usually completed within 24-48 business hours. Specialists in roof repair, roof leak repair, roof certification, seamless gutter installation, Gutterglove gutter guard installation, shake roof treatment, dry-rot repairs, and pigeon removal & abatement.Serving the following areas: el dorado county cameron park camino cold springs coloma cool diamond springs el dorado hills placerville rescue shingle springs placer county auburn granite bay lincoln loomis meadow vista newcastle penryn rocklin roseville sacramento county antelope arden arcade carmichael citrus heights elk grove fair oaks florin folsom foothill farms galt gold river herald hood isleton mather natomas north highlands orangevale rancho cordova rancho murieta rio linda rosemont sacramento vineyard walnut grove wilton yolo county clarksburg davis el macero west sacramento winters woodland san joaquin county acampo escalon farmington french camp lathrop linden lockeford lodi manteca morada mountain house ripon stockton terminous thornton tracy victor waterloo woodbridge stanislaus county ceres crows landing denair diablo grande empire grayson hickman hughson keyes modesto newman oakdale patterson riverbank salida turlock waterford westley merced county atwater ballico cressey delhi gustine hilmar irwin livingston los banos merced santa nella stevinson volta winton...

SHEcan2

Hello, I'm Terri Harris and I'm the president and founder of SHEcan2. We are a remodel/repair/design home improvement company. Our services range from fixing that loose towel bar in the hall bath to adding on a new master bedroom suite. We also do rental property maintenance and commercial tenant improvements. We are in the business of seeing your project through your eyes. By listening to your ideas and understanding your budget and time allowances, we're able to better understand how we can help.

Dotson Power Washing

Dotson Power Washing is family owned and operated with over 17 years’ experience in the industry. We pride ourselves on offering professional service with the quality and reliability your deserve. We have 5 star reviews on multiple platforms. Check us out on our website at www.dotsonpowerwashing.com or call us to discuss your next project today!

Offers by Dotson Power Washing on Angi
Spectrum Pressure Washing

Spectrum Pressure Washing is a professional pressure washing company which has been serving the greater Sacramento area since 2018. We continually expanding in types of services available, equipment and expertise. Spectrum Pressure Washing has a long list of successfully completed projects and has cleaned almost every kind of job imaginable. Our company is always professional with a high attention to detail. Our staff is experienced and we constantly educate ourselves to stay ahead of the competition. Dirt, grime and mildew can collect on your home and business. If not cleaned in a timely manner, it can cause costly repairs, renovations and replacements. We use contract grade cleaners to remove the contaminates safely.

10/19/2021

Andrew P.

They inspected and would not tell me what was found. Had to wait for a letter from the office, but the inspector said he would "hand carry" the estimate to me and do the work himself. He said it should be "not more than a few hundred dollars." He did NOT show up and the letter was for over $4000 to repair 23 broken tiles and repair one spot of plywood. No one has EVER been on that roof in 21 years! How did we get 23 broken tiles????????? What a racket! I would never hire them! Some tile cement, a ladder, and some time and I will save $4000! Disgusts me!

Description of Work
Repair roof tiles and fix small leak.

Category contractors

10/14/2020

Garrett A.

Do not work with this business. It is a terrible company. Our real estate agents had Roof Doctors come inspect our roof during the sale of our home. Roof Doctors found very minor issues (literally a couple nails that were not all the way nailed in the roof). We asked in writing if Roof Doctors would provide a roof certification if our own licensed roof contractor fixed the issue. Mark Vickers confirmed in an email that they would issue the certification. Two weeks later, they refused to issue the certification and charged us $325 to nail in the nails. When we tried to discuss the issue with sales representatives, they were extremely rude and unprofessional. The company also made us sign an insane contract signing away any and all rights. I would never have signed the contract if the closing of the sale of our home were not dependent upon receiving the roof certification from roof doctors. This company is borderline criminal and a total scam. UPDATE: I have attached the screenshot email communications with Marc Vickers where he confirmed he would issue the certification. This company misses the point when it's supervisors make representations and assurances IN WRITING, but the company refuses to honor its own mistake. If it were not required to close escrow on our home, there is no way I would sign the contract or pay this scam of a company.

Description of Work
Roof certification and repairs

Category contractors,gutter repair,roofing,roof cleaning

This reviewer clearly did NOT read the 'Roof Report and Estimate'. In our 'Roof Report and Estimate' it clearly states as follows in caps: "...(iii) THIS ROOF IS NOT CERTIFIABLE IF ANY REPAIRS RECOMMENDED HEREIN ARE PERFORMED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN ROOF DOCTORS..." Our Estimator told this reviewer that we would certify the roof, but NEVER told them that it would be certified if someone else had performed prior repairs. We originally looked at the roof on 9/17/20 and told this reviewer that repairs were needed on a portion of the roof that this reviewer had just replaced two months prior with another roofing company. If this reviewer hadn't have hired an incompetent roofer that did shoddy work in the first place, who wouldn't certify his own work, then there would've been no need to have had us look at this roof that resulted in our recommended repairs. We also offered a 'low-price guarantee' that would have beaten any price by 5%, if a competing bid was lower than ours. We did NOT 'make' this reviewer 'sign away any and all rights'. In fact, there is no such thing in our contract. Our Home Improvement Contract complies with the California Contractors State License Board, which requires that ALL California Contractors have certain provisions written within their contracts. This reviewer could have hired any one of dozens of other roofing companies that would've and could've certified their roof. Why didn't the incompetent roofer, who did shoddy work, that this reviewer hired just two months prior certify this reviewer's roof ? In fact, this reviewer signed our contract willingly, with no duress, the repairs were completed on 10/10/20, and this reviewer PAID US IN FULL for the services that were rendered. There is no rhyme or reason to anything that this reviewer has posted. In fact, we find their review to borderline on the absurd because none of what they have posted is true.

12/20/2019

Erica C.

We noticed discoloration on our ceiling earlier this year after it rained. We contacted Roof Doctors who inspected our roof and told us they could not find any reason for the roof to be leaking. The next time it rained, it became very apparent that there was a roof leak because our ceiling began to crack open. Contacting Roof Doctors after that became difficult, but they did eventually agree to come out a second time. When they came to our house the second time, they fixed one cracked tile and told us that if our roof continues to leak, the problem is our chimney and they cannot fix chimneys. Sure enough, our roof continued to leak and Roof Doctors became even more difficult to get in touch with. With all the rain we were experiencing at the time, we had no other choice but to call a different roofing company, who sent a contractor out and fixed our roof leak the same day. Interestingly enough, when I told that contractor that we had previously worked with Roof Doctors, he informed me that this was not the first time he had heard of their poor work quality and unprofessionalism. After everything was said and done, we contacted Roof Doctors to obtain a copy of the report their inspector wrote when they inspected our roof the second time. Our insurance company asked for this so they could determine the cause and coverage. Roof Doctors refused. Their exact response was, "All of our interior paper work is for our internal use only, and you will not be provided any copies. Any warranty that you have with us has now been voided and terminated by allowing someone else to perform work on your roof." This response was incredibly abrasive, but also a little funny, because (1) we had no choice but to contact another roofing company to fix our leak because Roof Doctors was incapable of doing so two separate times, and (2) after our first two experiences, we would be out of our minds to ask Roof Doctors to come back a third time. The other roofing company who successfully fixed our roof leak the first time they came to our house was more than happy to provide us with a report to send to our insurance agency. As you can see, this is not Roof Doctor's first negative review. Their overall rating is poor. There are many other capable and trustworthy roofing companies in the area. I'd highly suggest choosing one of them.

Description of Work
Repair roof leak

05/09/2019

barry P.

This company does not respond on time, finds loopholes in their contract that allow them to avoid almost any repair, and do not respond to concerns until in trouble with State Contractor's Board. PLEASE do yourself a favor. Read a few other reviews and get a clear vision on this poor excuse of a business. Shame on real estate companies who use this service as a service to its clients

Description of Work
Roof Repair through insurance bought

This Reviewer's review is NOT true. This Reviewer bought a home from a woman that had dimentia in Placerville CA that was not mentally capable of providing adequate seller disclosures regarding the sale of her home to this Reviewer prior to sale, therefore she required that this Reviewer purchase her home AS-IS. The Home Improvement Contract signed by this Reviewer states as follows: "Consumer’s Responsibilities: (i) Any known facts or defects, and any past or present roof leaks and/or roof repairs, whether accessible and visible or not, during any Roof Doctors’ inspection(s), pertaining to the roof at the Project Address must be disclosed by Consumer to Roof Doctors prior to any inspection, prior to any repair, and prior to issuance of a Roof Certification Warranty. If any pre-existing roof leak(s), defect(s) or repair(s) are not disclosed by Consumer to Roof Doctors, then Roof Doctors shall exclude such leak(s) or defect(s) from the Roof Certification Warranty;.." This Reviewer reported a roof leak around the chimney pursuant to the Roof Certification after they closed escrow. After the reported roof leak, our Estimator took photographs from inside the attic showing that the prior homeowner had had a prior leak in the past around the chimney and had hired someone else to perform a repair. Inasmuch as this prior repair was not disclosed at the time of Roof Certification, it was excluded from our Roof Certification Warranty. This Reviewer was NOT satisfied with the contract that he signed indicating that this roof leak was excluded, so they filed a complaint with the California Contractors State License Board ("CSLB"). What this Reviewer failed to mention in their review, is that after they filed their complaint with the CSLB, their complaint was denied and that Roof Doctors did nothing wrong because this current leak was the result of a prior leak that was not disclosed prior to closing escrow.

11/29/2017

Daniel W.

Appears all work has been performed, We will see with the next winter rain storms whether previous year's leak has been addressed (it only leaked once during one of the strongest rainstorms we had last year).

Description of Work
1) Reset & seal rake tiles at the peaks. 2) Properly seal ridge/hip/rake junctions. use lead flashings at the large gaps. 3) Install new rubber collars on plumbing vent pipes. 4) Remove tiles over roughly 12' of flashing to clean out all debris. Remove valley flashings as needed. Replace any damaged felt underlayment. Cut back wood battens to make room for larger flashing. Install new high profile 5-crown valley flashings to help prevent future spillover.

Category roofing,roof cleaning

06/19/2017

Gerald S.

I was not a real big fan. They do free roofing inspections so we had it done to our house when we bought it. Then we sold it and had them do it on our new house. The house we sold, they did a repair. They did it quickly. I don't know the quality because we don't live there anymore. I am not sure about the price because I don't have anything to compare it too. We needed it done quickly. They all seemed kinda rude. They were not professional, they were kinda rude. They were not that responsive. It took a while for them to get back. They acted like it was a big deal. I don't like that with a company, I think they should be accommodating and polite. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
They did a repair on a roof for a house that we sold.

06/09/2017

Jamie M.

Tony who managed the project was very friendly but there was no oversight. We waited for three weeks to get an appointment. On the day of, no one came. The next day someone came and they did not have their work instructions so they only did part of the work. Today they are supposed to come and finish the work. We shall see. What a waste of time and energy. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
I am a realtor. RoofDoctors performed the inspection so I thought they would be good to do the work, which included pest work - they advertise on their site that they repair pest damage.

04/10/2017

Samuel J.

First thing was done was put card on door stating everything looked great & everything was done. I'd think this should be done when finished. I thanked them for quick response for inspecting and repairing my roof. Unfortunately at the same time, I was really disappointed to find out from a chimney inspection right after that my stucco around the chase of my chimney is deteriorating pretty badly to the point where water is coming in, AND I wasn't AT LEAST notified that I should be looking into getting it repaired soon. It was not too high to the point where it may have been overlooked, I just think I should have been notified, giving extra confidence in knowing I'm being taken care of. I emailed them, got a response that they would forward to the inspector and he would comment. waited 3 weeks, I replied haven't heard from anyone yet. then haven't received a reply since. Also many of my tiles are still not into place, which I thought would be fixed. Paid 1,200.00.

Description of Work
Inspector found 5 broken tiles throughout the roof. 1 of the broken tiles is not mendable. Small broken corners (less than 3") at bottom edge of tiles are not a leak concern and do not need to be repaired. 5 or more tiles were found slipped out of position. Junctions between ridge, hip, and rake tiles are separated and not properly sealed. Rubber collars are missing or cracked on plumbing vent pipes. Excessive debris blockage was found in 2 valley flashings ,chimney flashing and 2 roof to wall flashings over entry. Inspector removed tiles at flashings and found evidence of blockage which may cause water to leak under tiles and damage felt underlayment and wood sheathing. This is an immediate leak concern.

01/11/2017

David M.

I was just informed by the company they do NOT do gutter repairs!!????

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair

12/05/2016

jeff K.

As discussed, bid, and contracted. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Roof inspection, repairs, and 2 year certification for home sale

Roof Doctors

Founded 1987 • With Angi since March 2011

4.2

8430 Madison Ave

FAIR OAKS, CA 95628

Roof repair, roof certification, seamless gutter installation, gutter guard installation, dry-rot repair, roof leak repair, shake roof treatment, and pigeon proofing.

New roof, reroofing, flat roof certification.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal