The Countertop Company

Founded 1999 • With Angi since January 2013

140 Engel Street

Escondido, CA 92029

We are a family owned and operated business specializing in granite, solid surface, quartzite's and soapstone applications. We have over 22 years of experience in servicing the Southern California countertop industry. The Countertop Company has built its reputation on . . . Gorgeous countertops and impeccable craftsmanship. Detail is the key! We know how important it is to the customer to have the job done right and in a timely fashion. For this reason, we offer our one day tearout and installation on all our solid surface projects. What does this mean? We know that being without a kitchen can cause a lot of hardships, especially with families. We realize that the kitchen is probably one of the most used and needed rooms of your home, and this is why we strive to minimize any inconvenience your new project may cause. This means we come in, tear out your old existing top and put in your new top, all in the same day! In most cases you'll be able to cook in your kitchen that very same evening! Our main goal is having a satisfied and happy customer! We will do our utmost to make that happen. The Countertop Company has fabricated and installed kitchen countertops, vanity tops and shower surrounds for thousands of happy customers. We have also done work with several restaurants, doctors and dentist offices, hospitals, motor homes and many other residential and commercial applications. If you can dream it, we can build it!...

03/24/2016

Jennifer S.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen counter tops and sink. The project went very well from start to finish. Salesperson, Jorge, was very knowledgeable and patient (I am a picky shopper). Marty and Marvin did a great job with the installation! It looks beautiful! I highly recommend The Countertop Company!!

Category countertops,home remodeling

11/19/2015

Jessica G.

Amazing service start to finish! Jorge was quick to respond to my initial inquiry and then available the next day when I came to the showroom with my kids. He was very patient while I multitasked with kids and picking out countertop samples. He was very honest about his opinions on different materials,too which I appreciated. The best part was the quote is completely customizable. Everything is detailed line by line so if you decide you can take care of something yourself, you can do that! He worked very well with us and even checked in weeks after to see how everything was! The best part, demo and install were the same day! Virtually no time without use of the kitchen! That was what really sold me! The team of guys that came out for the demo and install were very professional and quick too! They also too the time to make sure we knew the proper supplies to clean our counters with to make sure they last a lifetime. All around amazing company to work with!

Description of Work
Demo countertops and backsplash, installed countertops.

07/26/2015

Matthew F.

After working with their salesman to get a quote, I would never use these guys. I usually don't give such poor ratings unless they've done something really wrong, and in this case - it's warranted. When I first spoke with their salesman, he told me he was a fully licensed general contractor, so I asked him if they would be interested in a couple of other jobs at the same time. He assured me they were more than capable of handling other types of work too, and I sent extensive photographs of the kitchen counters we wanted done, shower work that needed done, and a replacement stairway bannister. I communicated with him on a Friday and he said the jobs were complicated enough he needed to go over the quotes with us in person instead of just emailing them to me and asked me to come into the showroom the next day. I told him my wife wasn't available and to please send me what he had and we would talk about it next week. He was insistent that we come in - so much so that my wife changed her plans and we went to the showroom. He assured me he would have all three estimates ready for us when we arrived and would take the time to go over them in detail. When we arrived, we told the receptionist who we were there for. She asked us to wait, and she would let him know we were there. He was with another customer even though we had an appointment for a very specific time. After over 30 minutes of waiting and no end in sight, my wife and I discussed if we should just leave and go to another tile company down the street. We were more than a little frustrated at having a specific appointment and not being seen on time, especially when he knew we changed other plans at his urging. The receptionist overheard us (intentional on our part), and she went out and talked to him, who suddenly had time to talk to us. It turns out he had done none of the work on estimates that he said he would, but he did work up a rough quote in person for the counters and said he would get with his shower guys and stair guys early in the week. In the meantime, he would send the quote we worked up with him in person to me on Monday. The quote was to include all costs, including plumbing, demolition etc. and was going to be right around four thousand. On Monday, I got the quote - and fortunately I read it carefully - it was the amount that we agreed on, 4K, but specifically said that it did not include plumbing, electrical, drywall damage repair or other charges. When I sent back the estimate and mentioned these things, he sent a revised estimate including the charges for additional items, and also increased the scope of work to include backsplash to the bottom of cabinets that we specifically told him we didn't want. That estimate was over $6K - a full 50% higher than what we had talked about. We did get him down to 4800 when I told him we didn't want the extra backsplash that he added in. Even though it was promised repeatedly - we never did get a quote from him on the other two projects, just more broken promises. At this point - after getting us to break other appointments to meet with him, and him ignoring us until we were about to walk out, and bait and switch quote practices, and never coming through at all on other quotes - we decided we definitely were not going to do business with this salesperson. My wife and I liked the material enough that we talked about trying to get someone else at the counter top company to work with us, but decided it was just too risky. In the end, we did get our counters done by another company and are extremely thrilled with the pricing, the results, the entire experience.

Description of Work
Quote kitchen counter work

10/12/2014

Sandra B.

Jason at The Countertop Company was very responsive and helpful anytime we contacted him. We selected this company because of their positive reviews elsewhere. Jason told us how to look for granite slabs and where. When we selected the slab, he communicated with that company to have the slab delivered to his company for fabrication. A man was scheduled to come measure for the template and that was completed on time as scheduled. The installers returned two weeks later to install two of the counter tops and leave the third for our contractor to install when tile work completed at a later date. When we first talked with Jason about what installation entailed, we specified we wanted sinks mounted with clips not just glue. He indicated they would do that. However, the installers arrived without clips and told us clips had to be installed at the shop and they could not do it. Jason was contacted on the spot, spoke with the installers and clips were used on the sinks after all. One countertop was installed without incident, but the second one was broken during installation. Jason was contacted immediately by the installer and by us and arranged for a new slab to be delivered to them that week for fabrication. Our tile contractor noticed when they left that they had done a very poor job installing the plywood base for the broken slab. We sent pictures of the work to Jason, he forwarded the info to his boss, and when it was time to install the countertop, they sent a more experienced installer. He removed and replaced the base and installed the new granite without incident. Had the original installation appointment gone as well as the second, we would be giving this company all A ratings. Jason and Joe, the second installer, were very professional and responsive. The fabrication of the granite seems well done. This is our first experience with granite so we have nothing with which to compare. However, the first two installers, while nice and personable, were not well-trained or experienced. We did not appreciate that they smoked in our front yard while working and worked with headphones in place, making it difficult to communicate with them. The foundation for one of the tops, the one that broke, was very poorly cut and sink holes so large the area would not support the granite. Joe, on the other hand, knew exactly what was needed and installed the base and top perfectly.

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed granite bathroom counter tops.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,marble & granite

10/11/2014

Mary R.

The Countertop Company came highly recommended by another larger remodeling company. I worked with Jason to select quartz and the manufacturer. He was very knowledgeable and I took large samples home to try out in our home. We went with Cambria, partly because it is made in America. They can do the re-hook up of the sink but we will have our plumber install the faucet and do some other plumbing work because we need new angle stops. Then they sent out a representative to make a wooden template. He identified several potential problems and solutions. Then they ordered the material. In about 10 days they were ready for installation. They were able to do demolition of the tile countertop and installation of the new quartz on the same day, so we would only be without a kitchen sink for one day, not 14 days like some companies said. Demolition is a messy job, but they contained the mess and cleaned-up as they went. The demolition and installation crew was OUTSTANDING. (Joe, Austin, and Michael) Joe as the lead man had such attention to detail. He kept us informed at each step of the process. The problems that had been identified during the measuring phase were solved expertly by Joe's suggestions. He suggested a way to have the window area included as one piece with the rest of the countertop and moved the area of the one seam to a less conspicuous placement. We are very pleased with the result. The crew arrived on time and worked expertly. They were meticulous in their final clean-up. It is a real pleasure to work with people who take such pride in their work. I would highly recommend the Countertop Company to anyone needed new kitchen or bathroom work done.

Description of Work
Removed old tile counter top and installed new quartz counter top in kitchen. The also installed an under-mount sink.

06/10/2014

Marcia L.

I love the new counter tops - they are very beautiful.

Description of Work
The Countertop Company removed my old counter tops and replaced them with a beautiful Cambria man made quartz. I had an island (4X9) and another counter top (11ft) replaced. The crew worked late on a Friday afternoon/evening to finish the job.

05/12/2014

Martin E.

We had already been shopping around for a quartz countertop for our kitchen island at many places for quite a while when we decided to visit The Countertop Company's location in Escondido. The sales rep Jason was super helpful and actually made some really good suggestions that helped us make a decision on which stone to go with. He gave us a really good quote on the spot, so we pretty much immediately decided to go with them. A week later they came by to create the template, which took only about 15 minutes. The fabrication took another week and they came to install it. They were slightly early, installed the countertop in less than 20 minutes and were on their way again. We called them back about a week later because there was some glue that seeped out at one of the joints and we didn't notice it straight away on the day of the installation. They sent someone out to fix it free of cost, which was great. Overall we had a very pleasant experience with The Countertop Company and are now considering using them to redo our other countertops in the kitchen with quartz.

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed kitchen island quartz countertop

Category ceramic tile,countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

03/20/2014

Linda A.

It's going fair right now. They were the highest quote but I like them and they came and did the template on the countertops but I'm having to postpone the installation and they're getting a little testy about it. They scheduled it and I'm not ready and they don't want to postpone it, but other than that, it has been fine.

Description of Work
I got a quote from The Countertop Company.

Category countertops

07/16/2013

Steve P.

They were outstanding. They were honest, reliable, flexible easy to work with. They also had a great work ethic.

Description of Work
They put granite counter tops in our kitchen, 5 bathrooms, wherever we needed counter tops.

Category countertops,marble & granite,home remodeling

07/15/2013

susan S.

The mo of the owner, Lois was very flexible with me, gave me her cell ph #, since the buiness is not open on Sat and I work full time. She met me at the office,helped me pick materials. On one occassion she ws running late and had left a mess for her son, the owner, to help me choose a remnant slab from the yard but he never got the mess. He did walk around with me, knew all his materials, but he seemed very busy and a little preoccupied. But I was able to choose an engineered marble product I like very much. On the day of the installation I was given a 2 your window for the arrival of the installers. After several hours I called the office and Sara said she didn't know why they were not there and would contact them and have them call me when they were on their way. They didn't call but did arrive about 6-7hr later. They did the work but did not bring the extra sinks they assured me they would bring in case mine broke during removal of the old product and they did not bring the angle stops that was part of the contract to install on the new faucets. Joe did return the next week and installed hte faucets and brought some new hoses at the companies expense. The work appears to have been done very professionally and Iam very happy with the product. But, this company needs to improve their communication with the customer.

Description of Work
Installed a new countertop on my bathroom vanity

Category ceramic tile

Shugarman's Bath

Get a stunning bathroom makeover from the bathroom remodeling contractor with more than 30 years of industry experience. Shugarman's Bath is proud to offer quality acrylic tubs, showers, and accessible solutions, all of which are backed by industry-leading warranties for as long as you own your home! You deserve the best for your home, and that’s exactly what you’ll get—with Shugarman's Bath as your bathroom remodeling contractor. Some bathroom remodeling companies cut costs by using inferior materials, but that’s never an option for us. We do what we can to keep our prices competitive—but never at the expense of quality. Work with us and enjoy an expertly installed, custom-fabricated tub or shower that will provide a lifetime of impressive performance!

Offers by Shugarman's Bath on Angi
    Lizardi Builders Construction Inc.

We are a General Contracting Company with first-rate Restoration Services. Lizardi Builders guarantees expert and comprehensive mitigation for water and flood damage, mold, dry-rot, fire, smoke and more. Our professional Reconstruction and Remodeling Team also ensures detail-oriented journeymen that specialize in all areas of residential and commercial buildings. We give property owners peace of mind everyday by focusing on the highest levels of quality, integrity and customer service. Founded in 2011, Lizardi Builders Construction and Restoration is family-run and has been serving all of San Diego and parts of Riverside and Orange Counties with combined experience of over 40 years.

Offers by Lizardi Builders Construction Inc. on Angi
    JT Handyman

JT Handy man specializes in many aspects of different odd jobs decks fences, demo and hauling. We pride ourselves on being a family driven business and we also commit and pride ourselves on our work .We have been in business over 3 yrs and we also have exp. With water damage and mold we are iiccrc certified and can help in case of small jobs around the home to emergency jobs that can potentially cause long term damage to your home .Contact us in any which case we can help. We also have great deals on hauling and demo .

Free, No Pressure In-Home Estimates Fabrication and Installation of: Kitchen, Bathrooms, and Shower Walls One thing that sets us apart from other companies is that we offer one day tear-out and installation (on most projects). Sub-deck Tear-out and Disposal of Existing Countertops Sinks, Faucets, and Corbels Re-hooking of Kitchen and Bath Plumbing Tile Backsplash Design and Installation Sink, Cook-top and Outlet Cutouts Sink and Countertop Repair Islands and Free-Standing Vanities