Classic Home Improvements

Founded 2010 • With Angi since October 2011

600 S. Andreasen Drive Suite A

Escondido, CA 92029

With over 20 years construction experience, our team has extensive knowledge which translates to premier home improvements that are completed quickly, neatly, and correctly! Our commitment to service, quality, and communication is displayed from the moment we provide you with a free written estimate to the moment we both sign off on your complete satisfaction of the project. We invite you to work with a company who displays professionalism by providing you with a time line for the completion of your project, communicating changes which may be unforseen, and providing you with 24 hour customer service support....

04/08/2021

Rey C.

They provided a professional estimate.

Description of Work
Deck or Porch - Repair

Category decks

05/31/2018

FREDRIC S.

Very happy with the results and professionalism of this contractor.

Description of Work
New Windows and painting outside of house

Category egress windows, replacement windows, house painters

Thank you so much for your business and your feedback!

05/02/2018

Greg D.

The project went very smoothly - great design, outstanding quality work, on time and on budget. We would definitely hire CHI again, and recommend them anyone needing home improvement work done.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

04/14/2018

Mary F.

We had no experience in hiring a construction company. We sought bids from three companies and what gave us confidence in CHI was the fact that the owner worked in construction since the age of 16 and has experience in every aspect of the business. Andrea helped us with the design of both rooms and was open to our input. Kelley was an enormous help in choosing materials. She has the gift of being able to visualize how it all comes together and is attuned to making the most of the materials budget. We have a large footprint in both rooms and the choice of tile had the ability to make or break us in overall cost. The choice of tile was very economical without sacrificing beauty. Royce was our project manager and once our financing was in order, he was ready to get started. Kelley guided us through the process of appliance selection and accompanied us when we made our choices. She recommended websites for other things we would need to purchase and advised us on where to find quality items for the best price. Royce kept the project moving and checked in with us nearly every day. We knew what was going to happen every single day. The people who were in our home every day were obviously some of the best in the business in way of skill and they were all respectful of us and our home. Our project was finished in 10 weeks as promised and any detail that needed to be revisited was taken care of promptly. Royce is a perfectionist and expected no less from his team. No construction job is without unexpected occurrences. We had some unforeseen things with ours, but the way in which they were resolved demonstrated the integrity of this company and all the people involved.

Description of Work
Kitchen and master bath remodel

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding your experience with our team. They are a great bunch of hard working people who are very dedicated to our client's success so we love rewarding them when we hear they did a great job. Thank you for your business! Nicole

03/25/2018

Renee H.

We are absolutely floored with the service that we received from Classic Home Improvements. From start to finish, they took care of every detail. They helped us modify our house from an embarrassment of a home, to one of beauty and functionality that we never realized that it could be could be. Throughout the process the team dealt with our ever-changing demands and addressed our every concern. We couldn’t be happier with the service we received. Andrea, Kelly, Yvonne, Kevin, Shane, Stephanie, Joe, Chandler, and Royce the super star provided us with the best service we ever experienced. The crew was at our home on time every day. We enjoyed seeing a steady progress they made. Everyone was friendly, helpful and courteous. This made us comfortable with them being alone in our home. We have had our share of bad contractors, it was refreshing to work with an organization that puts their customers first.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, new floors, paint and bathroom update.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you so very much both for your business and for your very kind review!

02/07/2018

Molly H.

Neil Caton was our project manager. He has allot of experience and insured all specialties arrived when needed. I travel frequently and he insured the job was done as expected and on schedule. Neil is the best and will definitely hire Classic again due to his expertise.

Description of Work
Kitchen, bath, family room, laundry room and hallway.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you so very much for providing a review based on your experience working with our team. Neil has won our customer service award 3 years in a row and we agree that he is definitely one of the best!! Thank you for your business!!

01/26/2018

Christine R.

Tony Cuevas and Neil Caton were so professional I was kept up to date on a regular basis and and any problems were dealt with immediately. The work was done on time. The crews were polite. All in all a great experience.

Description of Work
New patio roof.Complete remodel of patio and yard. Repainting house.New Gutters.

Category decks, lighting, home remodeling, house painters

Thank you so much for your business and for providing feedback. The team tries so hard to ensure client satisfaction and it means a lot to them (and us) when they are recognized for their hard work.

12/17/2017

Darin D.

We live in 4S Ranch and just used Classic Home Improvements to do a full renovation of our kitchen. We’ve lived in the house for 15 years and our kitchen was basically brown/Tuscan look, brown granite, etc. We wanted it upgraded to a more modern feel – white and grey scheme. We looked extensively at various options prior to selecting Classic (from high-end like Lars, to basically subcontracting the project out ourselves to try to save money). In the end we selected Classic, and now that the project is complete I feel compelled to write a review. In our minds, Classic is a perfect balance in terms of getting the highest quality product and service, but at a very fair price. The whole project took 7 weeks, and they stayed on time and on budget throughout. Every day they provide updates on the project via a website so you know exactly where things stand and what’s coming next. The first person we interacted with was their sales person Andrea Short who was terrific. She is extremely creative, has great taste, and has a good pulse on what people are doing right now with their kitchens. Gave us a lot of good ideas. The contract process was smooth and easy, renderings were accurate and came immediately after contract was signed. They were very flexible in terms of making adjustments. Once the work started we primarily integrated with the project manager Royce – he is very knowledgeable in construction, kept the crew on task, and was easy to reach (cell). Importantly, this is a very high integrity, trustworthy operation. EVERYONE who came into our home was pleasant, friendly, and professional. We felt perfectly comfortable giving leaving them alone and giving them full access to our home. They are meticulous about the details and won’t end the project until both they and client are satisfied that everything is perfect. We are glad we made the decision to hire Classic and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen renovation

Category home remodeling

Thank you so very much for your feedback and your business!

11/29/2017

Sandie S.

They did a great job! They gave me good ideas on how to save money. They fixed existing problems made by other companies. I would hire again.

Description of Work
siding repair, patio cover, walkway painting, small patio demo and repair

Category decks, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling

Thank you so much for your business and your feedback!

11/19/2017

Teri P.

From the beginning to the end of our project Classic Home Improvements has been a pleasure to work with. Starting with their quick response time from our Sales Representative, Gordie Guthrie. Gordie listened to our needs and was extremely knowledgeable regarding what the project would entail. He was able to give us a bid within a few days that was right in line with 2 other bids we received. We chose to go with classic Home because of many factors including the project manager Royce Ramswick. Royce kept in constant contact with us throughout the project. If we did have a glitch (and there will always be a glitch), Royce addressed it right away to resolve it. We were also very impressed with the crews that work with Classic Home. Kevin, Zach, Desi, (to name a few and there many others), were all professional and cleaned up the site every time before they left for the day. We had a terrible experience years ago and Classic Home has renewed our faith in what a great contractor experience can be. Classic Home Improvements, responsiveness, attention to detail, and quality of work are top notch!! We highly recommend Classic Home Improvements & would definitely use them for future projects. I can't say enough how much I appreciate this company for making our experience not just painless but most definitely pleasurable. Thank you Classic Home Improvements for helping us make our dreams come true!!

Description of Work
Removed a load bearing wall.

Category remodeling

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your business!

07/25/2017

Hansa C.

I was so happy and relieved that CHI turned out to be everything I wanted. I had some negative experiences in the past with other contractors. Unlike the others, Classic was on time, fairly priced and always in communication with me throughout the process. I never felt like I was in the dark. I will keep them as my one stop shop to go to for future projects. Very happy.

Description of Work
My home needed several things done. Roofing, bathrooms, decking and a patio cover.

Category concrete repair, decks, plumbing, roofing, skylights, stucco, home remodeling, house painters

Thank you so much for your business and for sharing your experience with our team. Your positive review means a lot to us. Best wishes, Nicole

07/22/2017

Dave G.

Fantastic, better than I had hoped for.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom upgrade

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your business and for providing feedback on our services!

07/21/2017

Tom E.

There are different things you can rate a company on such as price, schedule, and so forth. The price was decent, the scheduling was basically non-existent. At the beginning they seemed to have a schedule but it fell apart. It was supposed to take 3 weeks, but ended up taking about 3 months. There were a host of things where I was told, "this guy will come tomorrow at 10 am," and then no one would show. It was frustrating.

Description of Work
They repaired our deck.

Category decks

Thank you for your business, we truly appreciate it. I am terribly sorry you were frustrated with the scheduling aspect of your project. We truly hope you were satisfied with the level of communication and the final product of your project. Please know that we pay careful attention to each project and do not tolerate employees or vendors who can not or will not consistently show up when scheduled and we no longer employ the team who caused the delays on your project. Best wishes, Nicole Crocker

06/28/2017

John L.

After purchasing the deal, we were informed that Classic Home Improvements no longer charges for this service ($59.00 down the drain, since the deal was already purchased). The consultant was very punctual, but tended do his own thing and was pretty vague about many details (what is the square footage? etc). The 3D renderings were very low quality and looked as if they were done with Microsoft Paint, not at all what we were expecting. In short, we paid for something which was actually free and at that, was not worth the price we paid.

Description of Work
Kitchen design consultation with 3D renderings. My wife and I wanted to get some advice since we are at the beginning stages of enlarging and renovating our kitchen (18-24 months down the road).

Category home remodeling

Hello [Member Name Removed], thank you for your time. We felt we were being very fair in letting you know up (front the day we called you) that we did not feel comfortable charging for your design consultation. We had suggested you contact Angie's List to request a refund. We traditionally do not provide square footage or autocad drawings which can be passed around to other contractors for competitive pricing. I am sorry you thought that was included in your consultation. I apologize you were not satisfied with your consultation and will be reviewing this feedback with the designer who was sent to your home so we can provide him with some feedback on how to improve his approach as well as possible additional training on 20/20 and Chief Architect. Best wishes, Nicole

04/12/2017

dixon L.

Eric impressed us at our first meeting, immediately understanding our needs and desires. He had great suggestions which were of great assistance in our decision-making. He quickly provided printed plans of each bath and very efficiently made modifications to satisfy our special needs and our budgetary restrictions. So, out of the four contractors we selected from Angie's List ECS Construction was our final choice. Thus, as we had hoped, the plans proceeded efficiently by Eric and his crew of superb subcontractors. All were very dependable and each was a genuine craftsman. The work proceeded on one room at a time. Hence we were able to stay in our home with a minimum of inconvenience. Eric communicated with us frequently by phone and in person, keeping us appraised of day-to-day progress, work schedule and need for our input. Over-all, our experience with this contractor was a very pleasant one and our new bathrooms are beautiful. My wife I highly recommend ECS Construction. We would very definitely contact Eric for any future project.

Description of Work
We required complete remodel and update of two bathrooms in our 30 year-old retirement home. We needed extensive demolition and installation of tiled showers, floors, tub, sinks, commodes, cabinets, quartz counters, sliding closet doors, lighted exhaust fan and new electric outlets.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Hello Reviews on Angie's List are very powerful for small businesses. Unfortunately you posted this review to the wrong company. I'm sure Eric would be super appreciative if you would publish this review on his page. I'm so happy you found a contractor that worked so well for you! Best wishes, Nicole

02/13/2017

Barbara L.

Nothing compares to working with such amazing professionals that not only have a high degree of knowledge, but are responsive, service oriented, and keep a close eye on costs. Having the right team in place makes all the difference in the world during a home remodel. Jack Crocker and his team will make the process seamless and you'll wonder why you waited so long! CHI has my highest recommendation across the board!

Description of Work
CHI assisted me with a downstairs remodel on a very unique 1930's home.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Thank you so much for your review on our services, we appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

01/27/2017

Christine B.

My experience with Classic Home Improvement was wonderful. Everyone I dealt with was very helpful and professional! From the remodeling consultant Andrea Short, product selection coordinator Kelley Walla, and especially the very talented Terrence Herr who did all of the demo, paint, tile work, fixtures and vanity install! Great group of people, including project manager Steve Bache!

Description of Work
I had my master bath remodeled.

01/26/2017

Melody S.

It went very well. They were punctual, professional and extremely neat! Great clean up during and after our work.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodels (2) Roof and new window placeme

Category ceramic tile, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

08/25/2016

celeste G.

We hired CHI to remodel our master bath and they were wonderful. We bought a "fixer upper" and have had so many struggles with outside companies. it was such a relief finding a company who really stands behind their quality of work. I loved having a design specialist help me with picking out the tile, paint, and finishes. I would never had gotten the bathroom of my dreams without her. Their workers were considerate, polite, hardworking, and efficient. They even sent someone out two years later to fix a few cracks that happened in some of grout work without charge. I have referred them to friends and family. Those that have hired them have always been very satisfied with not just their final project but with the process too.

Description of Work
Full Master bath remodel. replaced windows, tile around bath tub and in walk-in shower. expanded the size of the shower, replaced vanity, attached fixtures, installed new lighting and electrical outlets, painted.

06/09/2016

Darlene R.

I had an amazingly good experience working with CHI. From start to finish everything went smoothly. I attribute this to Larry, the Project Manager. He was there almost every day and was always available by phone. In addition to that, after the project was completed he came back twice to help me with jobs related to the bathroom, like installing an extra grab bar. Once they got started, the crew came every day and completed the job on time. The projects that I had done were a complete make over of my bathroom. It was completely "gutted", replacing a tub with a shower, a new vanity, toilet and made the shower handicap ready. They also replaced my old kitchen countertops and sink, it now looks beautiful and upgraded. I also want to thank Kelley for helping me pick out the tile, countertops, hardware and vanity, not only is she personable but she also knows how to save you money. I would highly recommend CHI and will use them again on any remodeling projects I might have in the future.

Description of Work
CHI did a complete bathroom make over and replaced the kitchen countertops and sink.

Category home remodeling

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed], we really appreciate the feedback!

04/13/2016

Greg E.

All work was very high quality. Work crew arrived on time each day and cleaned up the site each day before they left. Work was completed on time and on budget. Crew was respectful of all family members. It was a great experience. I highly recommend Classic Home Improvements to anyone in their service area. I have had them return in the following years to install new doors, move my water heater outside so that I could have more storage inside the house. Every service they have performed has been excellent work.

Description of Work
Removed old wooden siding. Repaired Stucco. Painted house and trim. Replaced front porch woodwork, and stair handrails. Replaced front section of roof where leaks had appeared. Repaired plaster and repainted entrance.

Category roofing, siding, woodworking, stucco, house painters

01/13/2016

EDWARD C.

The present review focus on the implementation of the project as I already described our bid process with CHI.Our project lasted 3.5 months and involved major structural kitchen remodeling with renovation of our entire flooring in the first floor. Although we had upfront all architectural, designer and engineer plans, it was a plus to work with a professional company that reviewed every single detail before, during and after project completion. Office: Yvonne and Kelly, thoroughly constructed 3D visual plans (202/20 CAD) and review scales of our project. Indeed, they picked up details that were overlooked in our original plans that could have affected the ultimate look of our remodeling project. Dan, the manager, well rounded and organized, provided all require legal documents timely and as agreed prior to start construction, according to the law. Nicolle was timely providing efficiently the pdf documents of every single payment. Nicole keep me updated with balances and logistics of the project. Project manager: Mr. Larry Chase, deserves a special mention, he is well-mannered and spoken. Mr Chase is an impeccable good listener and oriented to the detail. Trust him. He will make sure that every sub-contractor delivers impeccable work as detailed in contract and plans. More importantly, if something unexpected happens, he will immediately take care of the matter and fix it for you. E.g. unexpected plumbing issue. I’d like to highlight his work integrity, reflected in two things: stayed within budget and even credited money back when final labor was not performed as originally planned. I use this credit to complete some additional work around our home. A special note is the honesty of every worker involved, this is paramount whenever you have ‘strangers’ working closely with your most treasure asset: your family. After going through this experience my recommendations to the average educated costumer are the following: first, do your homework . Make sure that you put in writing as detailed as possible your scope of work. Second, plan unexpected 15% for both your budget and any provided agreed timeline with your constructor. I found this last part very important, because like when having a major surgery, if something unexpected arise during the surgery, you don’t want your surgeon to rush but rather to do it well and only once. I believe that the same concept applies to construction. Third, if you are a formal, detailed oriented person and like quality, consider strongly CHI, they will exceed your expectations for their work integrity, workmanship and well-planned process. Certainly, they are a cost effective-option for the outstanding quality of work they deliver. I recommend CHI highly.

Description of Work
Major Kitchen remodeling

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for spreading the word about your experience with Classic Home Improvements! We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience with your remodel. Best wishes! Nicole Crocker

11/16/2015

Kristen M.

The finished product looks great. Bob and his team that actually did the work were wonderful. Very professional, nice, punctual and hard working. We love our new showers. However, these were contracted workers. The actual team at CHI needs a little work. They were very unorganized and it was difficult to get a returned phone call. In the beginning, while they were collecting money, they were very responsive. This trickled off as time went on. In the end, my last "conversation" was another unreturned phone call from CHI. I asked a few times for copies of the plans to present to HOA and still have never received, months later. To pick out matierials I was automatically taken to ProSource Wholesale who charged me an obscene amount and belittled me for not wanting to spend so much. (Really, the saleswomen there was very rude and blatantly tried to trick me. I also wonder why CHI did not look into other options and if they have some kind of back deal with ProSourse. I never saw the fruits of this deal... I had to do material research on my own while juggling a fulltime career and a toddler.) I eventually just bought all materials from Home Depot for less than 1/3 the cost. The woman at ProSource was an absolute con artist and was very rude to me when I requested a refund, as their materials were too expensive. I could provide many examples, but frankly ProSource has taken enough of my time. The shower door we purchased from CHI (via ProSource) came with scratches on it and rather than offer to replace it or even reduce the cost, I was told I could have it removed and purchase a more expensive door. (Great more time and money!) The door also came incomplete (surprise, surprise) and we had to wait another couple weeks to get it installed. So two large pieces of glass were just leaning against our bedroom wall for a while. Also, I had to call a few times to get updates on this. No one bothered to contact me on their own. I only found out what CHI was doing by talking to the contractors who heard it through the grapevine. The project managers (I had one who was replaced with a new hire) were both poor communicators. Once the job was complete no one looked at it or talked to me. This review does not, again, reflect the work of Bob and his team. They did a great job. In the end we love our new showers but it was an incredible headache to get done. I had to be very proactive and had to do a lot of the work in finding materials alone. Again, ProSource is awful!!!! Bob helped and advised me through the process of what he needed from Home Depot. So, the work was great. I would rather directly hire the same team of guys to do work in the future. But I would not go through CHI. Their "services" were almost non-existent in our case. I recommend going straight to the actual contractors.

Description of Work
Redid two showers. In one, they removed the shower and tiled the ground and walks and put in a new window and shower door. In the second we kept the tub and they tiled the walls.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your candid review of our services. We are glad we were able to provide you with a team that was able to complete the project to your satisfaction. Unfortunately it sounds like you had some frustrations and we can appreciate your feedback. We do take all feedback, both positive and negative, and collaborate with our team to be sure are always improving. I left you a message just a moment ago to see how I can assist the the phone call that you did not receive a follow up on. Thank you again for your business, we are glad you are happy with the finished product.

08/22/2015

EDWARD C.

This review focuses on the selection process and structured of bid presentation of CHI. After reading many online reviews, it is clear that this is a critical phase and we hope to provide you some insights with our experience and the reasons why we chose ?Classic Home Improvements? (CHI). We read in detail about Do and DON?Ts when embarking in major remodeling projects. Following city approval of our remodeling plans we initiated the search process for a contractor to work with for our Kitchen and First floor remodeling. We interviewed at least 6 independent contractors and companies established in San Diego. We however, did not feel major connection to anyone. We learned of CHI after receiving a known home magazine. After our hesitation to call someone not directly referred by ?word of mouth? we decided to give them a chance. From the beginning, CHI process was positively different: an online operator set up our appointment and kept us informed prior to their visit. Then Mr. George Brown, the lead Design person contacted me 5-days prior to his visit and I provided him all our plans, and specifications by e-mail. When we met George, few things were clear in the style of CHI: they reviewed plans carefully prior to their visit, listen to costumer perceptions and communication was clear and assertive. In speaking with George, it was evident that he had years of experience and provided insights for our project. Subsequently,George came back to our house as he offered within 10 days of his initial visit. During the interim, CHI administrative assistants will set up appointment details. Contrary to many of our prior experiences, George presented in person a detailed, itemized scope of work and proposal. We discussed our fixed budget and time line. His bid was not among the lower ones, but we felt right for a reputable, formal company that will delivered outstanding craftsmanship work. Prior to signing contract, we requested some clarifications regarding certain details of scope of work, and terms of workmanship warranty provided by CHI. George was extremely responsible and CHI honored everything we had discussed and agreed verbally in our personal meetings. This speaks about the integrity of George and CHI. Within 5 days of signing the contract we met Kelley, our ?product selection coordinator?, a true knowledgeable, well-mannered professional to work with. CHI has clearly delivered in an efficient timeline a very professionally structured protocol to star-up the process of our remodeling. We feel that it was worth to wait close to 9 months to final meet George and CHI. They take seriously costumer?s perceptions and their dream projects. They clearly work with integrity and costumer?s satisfaction in mind. We are looking forward to the implementation phase of our project and to show you the final pictures of our project when completed!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with CHI. We truly appreciate the feedback and we share all reviews with our entire team. Our team members love when their efforts are recognized and we are proud of every one of them. Thank you for your business!

06/27/2015

Melissa L.

Our initial contact was Tony Cuevas - he was helpful, open, and best of all: NOT PUSHY! It was his mission to get us what we were looking for. Neil was our project manager, and he was available at all times to answer questions and take care of concerns. I didn't hesitate to call him, and what he didn't know he would research and get right back to me. so impressive!

Description of Work
Removed rotting wood, placed a popout around the front window, repaired tired stucco, and painted the entire house and gazebo.

Category decks, replacement windows, stucco

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with CHI!