A Passion For Gardening

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2008

4.4

10424 Burned Oak Ln

Escondido, CA 92026

Owner Pedro Yanez has a formal education in the field of horticulture, and more than 20 years experience providing the best of service. He takes pride in his work and Supervises on site while your landscaping dreams become reality. Our team specializes in the design and installation of landscape environments that will provide years of enjoyment - at a surprisingly Low price! We offer Free estimates, and we even cater to Limited Budgets! Please Call very limited access to email during the day. ...

06/03/2020

Marie P.

Fantastic job by Pedro and his team.

Description of Work
Cut down Magnolia tree in common area of condominiums

Category concrete repair, tree service

02/16/2020

Linda S.

Set up two dates and failed to show on both , and no call to cancel.

Description of Work
garden lawn mowed

01/06/2020

Steven L.

The guys did a great job they were very attentive to what we needed done very detailed and their work professional and all around great workers no job is too big for them

Description of Work
We needed our yard cleaned up i.e. trees trimmed plants debris just all-around general cleanup

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

12/13/2019

Georgine T.

Excellent! Pedro and his crew arrived promptly, carefully trimmed my plants in both my front and backyard. Did an incredible clean-up of the plant waste.

Description of Work
Lawn clean up and plant trimming

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service

09/22/2019

Kristin C.

For our big project, Pedro and his team did a great job at all parts of the project. After they were finished, we noticed a difference in how quickly the soil dried after rain due to the drain they installed. Months later when we had a question about the fence and gate, Pedro came out and addressed our concerns. He stands by the quality of his work. His team also comes one time per month for yard maintenance. They always work hard and do a great job. We have referred them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Fence built, old fence hauled away, drainage put in to help with poor drainage in soil, monthly yard maintenance.

Category fencing, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service

08/03/2019

Kristy G.

Great! Pedro was wonderful and did even more than I was expecting. My backyard and 2 side yards were full of dead weeds/ grass and some minor junk. He cleaned up and haul away everything just as I wanted. They trimmed all my trees, plants, and vines and removed the ones I didn’t want. His guys were great and worked hard straight through until finished. He made sure to ask my approval on everything they did and even gave me some tips on maintaining the growth. I would definitely recommend them and I would definitely hire them again. I’m very happy with their services.

Description of Work
Backyard cleanup

07/19/2019

Benjamin R.

I hired "A Passion for Gardening" on short notice as surprise for my mother-in-law. They responded and came to the yard to assess within a few hours. We scheduled a day for the clean up. On the day they showed promptly, worked hard until the work was completed, and hauled away all the debri. I was very greatful for the work they did. I would hire again.

Description of Work
8 hours of yard clean up.

06/01/2019

May C.

Pedro is very knowledgeable about plants and correct placement of them. I only told him that I wanted plants planted on our back slope. He brought several for me to choose from that he thought would look good together and grow well on a slope. He knows the importance of doing things right the first time such as grating, weed barrier, good soil, and healthy plants that will grow well in the area. He also did our front yard two years ago and it is flourishing wonderfully. If you are not sure what you want he will help you with ideas. He was on time, worked quickly, and stayed true to his estimate.

Description of Work
Weed removal/clean up, drip irrigation, plant new plants on slope.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch

05/03/2019

Pat T.

Pedro and his crew trimmed 10 of the trees on our 1 acre property; from oaks to peppers to jacarandas, etc. They did a beautiful job! A Passion for Gardening has been doing our trees for 5 years or so and we see a big difference in their health and appearance. Thank you for the excellent work!

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Category tree service

04/05/2019

Andrew C.

I recently hired Pedro at A Passion For Gardening to do a cleanup of our front and backyards, removing significant weed growth as well as multiple overgrown bushes. Pedro delivered great service at a very reasonable price, and was friendly and professional throughout the whole process. I am very happy with his work and will be hiring Pedro again for gardening/landscaping in the future.

Description of Work
Yard Cleanup

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

03/09/2019

Julie H.

AWESOME! They even mowed my lawn which I didn’t request! Pedro and his team always pay attention to the details and make my yard look so healthy and groomed. A Passion For Gardening is my first choice for landscaping and maintenance. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Tree trimming and yard maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

02/05/2019

Nadia C.

Very satisfied and rehired them again to replace fence

Description of Work
remodel and resurface back yard

Category landscaping, hardscaping

10/21/2018

shannon J.

The owner of the business took the time to come see the job before I hired him. He assured me that the job I wanted could be done within the landscaping deal. I even asked him twice. His English is okay but a little difficult to understand. What I needed was a 20ft x 10ft hillside evened out in order to plant succulents. His deal was installation labor and 20 plants for $299. Thought I was getting a great deal, trusted that I was clear on the services to be performed. The job turned out very poorly. The hillside was not graded nicely but rather just the soil turned over. The 1 gallon plants were shabby. And at the end he informed me that I owed him an additional $190 for labor to turn over the dirt and mix in some good soil. All of which I thought was included in the deal. I felt like I was made a fool of and would tell anyone looking to work with this company to get the job in writing before you hire them.

Description of Work
Landscaping deal for $299

Category landscaping, lawn service

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], you contacted me about a deal you saw on Angie's list installing 20 plants (1 gallon) and 1 patio tree (5 gallons). I went over for an estimation and explained that I would bring 50 plants appropriate for the area in which you had shown me that you could pick from. The next day, I explained I would be there from 8-9 am and arrived at 8:30, I then had to wait around 10 minutes for you to come outside. The deal explains clearly we do the design and installation within the area, even though the day prior I explained in the beginning the plants needed irrigation installation which you respectfully declined stating you could water your plants by hand. In order for me to accomplish the job I explained you needed the soil to be improved and you agreed to pay for 1 cubic yard of soil. Thus, we proceeded the job cleaning the yard of weeds, grating the uneven soil, and sowing it while mixing in the new soil. We installed 4 15 gallon plants, 20 plants gave you 5 free plants to put within the empty space,spent more than 5 hours laboring, cleaning, and removing then reinstalling 4 15 gallon plants you had prior. You seemed content, gave us juice, but when I gave you the bill you didn't want to pay the extra 210$ for the additional labor fees I had already informed you of. Sorry for disappointing you even though the deal is clearly stated on Angie's list.

09/27/2018

Carrie R.

We hired A Passion for Landscaping to redo both our front and back yards. We didn’t really have a concept for what we wanted but knew we wanted it to be water wise. They crew cleaned out our over grown bank, cut down/trimmed trees. They then planted rows of water wise plants on the bank and installed water wise irrigation. They cleaned out our front yard in just a few hours. My husband and I would spend a couple hours cleaning it several times a week and make no progress! Pedro designed a beautiful new, water wise yard for us. Onto the back yard. We knew we wanted a small area of grass for our dogs so that is what we have. The remaining area we put down Decomposed Granite. Again, the entire yard was redone with new irrigation which is wonderful. I have never seen people work so hard as they did on our yard. We are thrilled with our new yard and very happy with the low maintenance of it. We will hire them again when we are ready to do the other side of our yard.

Description of Work
Front yard and backyard make over

Category fencing, hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service

09/17/2018

Lawrence A.

Wasnt too happy he did front yard one day then second day the back (for me first scheduled visit).

Description of Work
Landscape cleanup

08/08/2018

Kimberley C.

This is a local independently-owned company comprised of hard-working, honest landscapers. I would hire them above any company with fancy advertising! Pedro, owner of A Passion For Gardening, was very patient and accommodating with our needs and any changes requested. His philosophy is to make the customer happy, doing what they want instead of what he wants. He and his crew are extremely hard workers, prompt and respectful of our property. Pedro is very knowledgeable and was happy to share his wisdom with us in order to make the best decisions. I believe he was more than fair with the pricing and made suggestions that would save us money. I would hire them above any company with fancy advertising!

Description of Work
Execution of a landscape remodel plan, designed by homeowner

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel

08/03/2018

Constance L.

Someone came over to discuss the work I needed done. He had a very heavy accent, and I had trouble communicating with him. A couple of things I wanted, he said he could NOT do, but agreed to do the rest. Then he said he was going in for surgery and would have to get back to me after he healed from surgery. I patiently waited for him for months, but I never heard from him again. Angie's List would NOT give my $300 back BECAUSE I patiently waited for TOO long. So I lost $300 on the deal and will NEVER deal with Angie's List again. I'm sorry I wasted my money joining. I think the people that offer these great deals are people who aren't good enough to get the business on their own. I would never sign up for one of these "deals" again. It was a very BAD deal for me. (The question above "was money paid or were services performed" is really two questions. Money WAS paid but services were NOT performed, so how am I supposed to answer that?)

Description of Work
landscaping

07/04/2018

Tim H.

Great Price, finished on time, no fuss.

Description of Work
Cleared unfinished Backyard of weeds and debris

Category lawn service

05/29/2018

Rebecca R.

It took a couple of calls and texts to get everything set up but once they showed up, they set to with a will and had everything cleaned up within the allotted 8 hours we had purchased. We will use them again.

Description of Work
Knocking the backyard in to shape

05/12/2018

Rubi C.

I was searching for an affordable landscaping service when I came Upon this company. I couldn't have been more pleased. The pavers that they installed were perfect and made my yard look beautiful. They did a great job weeding my yard and they made sure everything was perfect. The workers were really friendly and professional. I will definetly hire them again.

Description of Work
Installed Pavers and cleaned up my yard

05/08/2018

LYDIA T.

The workers are excellent. They cleaned up very well. It was just a small area but it was a very heavey with weeds. Unfortunately, I had to call them to ask why they are not here yet and that's when they informed me that they will be here 4 hours later.

Description of Work
They did weedings, they cleaned up and trimmed some couples of shrubs.

04/15/2018

PATRICIA Z.

Great! Arrived promptly, did excellent work, and taught me some things about plants and their care that I didn't know. Pedro Hanes is an artist as well as a landscaper

Description of Work
Heavy gardening including modification of the irrigaion system and planting 3 beds with succulents - Pedro Yaoez is an artist. I intend to ask him to come back for future project

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

03/30/2018

Ruby S.

Pedro took my ideas and made them reality! He was extremely conscientious about this project. He carefully explained the options that I had, and furthermore he explained why and what he was he was doing throughout the process. He made sure that I visually inspected and approved each step along the way, always stating, "I want to do what you want done". . In the process of creating my dream yard he moved several plants making sure to put them in nice fertile dirt, he cleaned out some large trees that I needed removed, trimmed up the remaining ones, and at the end of each day on a several day project, he always left my place so neat and clean. I love my new easy to maintain yard and happily recommend him to anyone wanting a beautiful yard for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
I HAD a major drought resistant landscaping done

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

03/26/2018

Fran M.

Went well as there was a lot of work to do. They ended up cutting a lot, but left a lot still on the ground when they left. I would suggest mentioning not to cut more than they can haul and load to take away. They also left a big pile of limbs that I had to pay someone else to haul off. They did not bring a chipper as advertised.

Description of Work
Tree trimming, clearing of land

Category hauling services, tree service

02/27/2018

Jule G.

Great work. Mr. Yanez and his crew have been doing my landscaping for 10+ years. They do quality work. They have removed trees, clip hedges, installed irrigation system, as well as providing regular service for my property. Several years ago they paved a new patio in my backyard. Over the years, I have contracted them to do several thousands of dollars’ worth of work. I have never been disappointed.

Description of Work
Landscaping maintenance

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, leaf removal, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping