Parks Roofing & Painting Inc.

Founded 1976 • With Angi since May 2011

California
California: Contractors
07/31/2022

Open All Day

Please mention Angie's list and receive 10% off any job! George Parks Roofing and Painting is a third generation family owned and operated company since 1976. We provide roofing: composition shingles, wood shake and shingle repair and replacement, all types of rolled roofing including hot mop and torch down rubber, all types of tiles. All minor or major repairs and coatings. We also do all carpentry work and wood replacement, all types of interior exterior painting including power washing, stucco repair, priming, waterproofing, sanding, any exterior repairs....

roofing (118)house painting (52)woodworking (12)interior painting (9)stucco (7)pressure washing (7)gutter repair (7)decks & porches (6)roof cleaning (4)window replacement (3)insulation (2)door installation (1)

03/14/2022

Karen S.

It was good. They are prompt, they did a great job everything was good I was very happy to what they did.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Work Completed On 01/01/2022

07/13/2021

Becky F.

They were prompt, efficient and very responsive. They worked hard, prepared the house well prior to painting, and left a very clean work space when they finished. The house is 65 years old and my mother, who has owned the house for 62 of those years, was ecstatic with the result.

Description of Work
Parks Roofing and Painting painted the exterior of the house and resurfaced a deck for us.

Category decks,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

Thanks for your business

12/08/2020

Neil F.

All went well. Some touch up was needed, but done quickly.

Description of Work
Outside painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

Thanks again

11/11/2020

Tricia D.

Chris's crew of Conrad and fellows were wonderful. They were conscientious, hardworking and professional. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and repaired areas of disrepair underneath the roof.

Category gutter repair,roofing,woodworking

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

07/01/2020

Chris R.

Chris Parks and his team did a great job tearing off the original wood shingle roof and asphalt layers, on my 1940’s era house and garage. Then they built a beautiful new roof, with up-to-date, energy saving materials. They kept the worksite clean each day, and were careful about the current Covid 19 construction rules. Chris was very practical, gave me good advice on material choices, and his prices were very reasonable. I just recommended them to my family.

Description of Work
Complete strip off and replacement roofing

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

04/14/2020

Bruce S.

It went very well. We had a very bad leak over our kitchen. Thankfully, roofers are exempt from the Covid-19 stay at home rules, so George was able to come to our house an hour and a half after we called him (on a Friday) to identify the problem and figure out how to fix it. He and his crew came back first thing Monday morning and had the job completed by 2 p.m. In addition to correcting the problem area over the kitchen, his crew also added protection to a number of other areas on the roof (vents, skylights, etc.), to reduce the likelihood of problems going forward. We greatly appreciated that "going beyond" approach; very professional.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

09/27/2019

Stephen W.

Called to get a quote on a roof repair. Was called back the next day and was asked my address. After giving address was told he would call back later after he checked his schedule. Never called back.If job is too small please let people know upfront.

Description of Work
Getting a quote for a patio roof repair

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

We had a family member pass away. I am sorry I could not provide you a free estimate as I was pre occupied with the death

09/18/2019

John A.

We went with George Parks Roofing because of the good Angie reviews-- and they did not disappoint. They were courteous and honest and gave us a fair price. Actually, they were the only company we contacted willing to do a smaller job (like just replace a garage roof). They do roofing big or small, and I would definitely call them again when we need major roof repair on the full house. And they actually finished the job a day ahead of schedule. What contractor does that? A+

Description of Work
replace a tile roof on a detached garage

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

10/31/2018

Tom M.

Chris and team were fantastic. You can tell Chris loves his job. He was excellent at understanding what was going on with our sun room roof and how to address it. He also was very careful to walk that line between letting me know my options without "upselling me" which I appreciated. He also got the job done earlier than expected and on schedule which was quite a relief. His amount was competitive with other beds but I chose him for his very evident expertise and caring about the job.

Description of Work
Repair Sun Room Roof

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

Thanks appreciate your review

09/18/2018

David W.

George was very professional with daily updates and coordination. His crew were excellent tradesmen.

Description of Work
Needed both roofing and exterior painting. Had new RBS decking installed with asphalt cool roof shingles. Fascia board was completely replaced also. Had wood siding removed from garage and stucco installed. Entire exterior was painted, stucco and trim.

Category roofing,house painters

07/19/2018

Richard W.

One of the most professional, competent and courteous companies that has ever worked on my home. Doing home repairs can be painful and incredibly disruptive. George Parks and his crew made this experience almost pleasant and certainly minimized the disruption to my household, while efficiently and perfectly completing the job as quickly as humanly possible. I can most highly recommend George Parks without any hesitation whatsoever.

Description of Work
An entire new roof, painting of outside doors and windows, plus interior ceiling

Category roofing,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

thanks

06/23/2018

Brian A.

Chris Parks and his team were extremely professional and completed the job on time and on budget. They installed a new torch down roof on the guest house. The main house roof was leaking in several places, needed to built up to minimize pooling and then he coated the entire roof with a reflective, elastomeric coating. I have had his company do routine repairs and cleaning to the roof several times since the initial job was completed in 2014 and recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed new roof on guest house, repairs to main house roof including elastomeric coating

Category roofing,roof cleaning

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

Review for Parks Roofing & Painting Inc. - 4924 Balboa Blvd, Encino, CA - 37178612

Thanks !

05/16/2018

Philip J.

They responded the next day and was finished in 4 days. They installed a commercial roof. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
I had the roof redone

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

04/13/2018

Andriy K.

Didn’t even want to give me an estimate. Wow

Description of Work
Didn’t want he business the JoB is too small. Wow!

Sorry but I think your confusing us with another company. I never spoke with you. Best Regards

04/02/2018

RICHARD L.

Expertly and quickly, including the removal of three old layers removed (extra cost, discussed in advance). George Parks handled all accompanied jobs (permits, city approvals, etc.).

Description of Work
Flat to roof replaced with new rubber roof and coating.

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

12/04/2017

Howard W.

Very well. A little bit of delay in finishing but overall very well.

Description of Work
Needs new roof.

11/15/2017

Brian L.

Our house needed paint. It was built in 1955 and is a combination of stucco and wood. There were areas of peeling paint, holes that needed patching, and wooden boards in my opinion needed to be replaced but all the places that gave me estimates said it could be patched, they're supposedly professionals, right? I got 4 estimates 2 were so low that I knew there was no way I'd be happy with the results for the work that was required. One was a little over $10k and then there was George Parks which was in the middle. They have been around for 40 years, have good reviews, and offered a lifetime warranty on the paint. I am perfectly capable of painting a house. It would probably take me 6-9 months of weekends and chances are I wouldn't be happy with the results since I don't paint houses for a living. What I am looking for when I hire professionals to perform work like this, is a much better job than I could do myself and getting the time back I'd spend painting. The key to a good paint job is prep work, scraping paint, sanding, patching, sanding, scraping, more sanding, more patching, priming, etc. This is what you are paying for when getting your house painted. The paint and supplies are a few hundred dollars and the actual spraying/brushing the paint is like ½ a days time. When I went ahead with George Parks painting they were pleasant to deal with and were able to start sooner than I planned. There were a lot of cables and old phone lines ran on the outside of the house I wanted to pull ahead of time before the painters came even though I did mention all the cut cables I wanted pulled out and the guys said “yeah yeah no problem”. I did pull as much as I could but the week they came I was a little busy. The original estimate of how long the job would take was 4-5 days. On the first day there they said it would be 3. They had 4 guys working on the house and I was skeptical they’d get done that fast but hey they’re professionals. Well, these guys were defiantly in a rush to get some place because they didn’t want to be painting my house any more than they had to. All they did was get the loose paint off the wood trim and wood work on the front of the house and didn’t use any filler to smooth it out. They painted over screws and brackets that were obviously no longer in use opposed to removing them first. Remember the wood that I thought needed to be replaced that they patched? It’s been 6 months and there are already cracks in their patch job. You can see where all the spots the paint was peeling that they just painted over. Lights and vent covers were not put back in their proper places. There is no question I would have done a better job myself than the results I got from George Parks Painting and I would have saved myself at least $5000. Another issue came up that is not entirely their fault but should have been a red flag before proceeding further. It was agreed upon the house was going to be the same color and unfortunately there was a section in the back of the house, mostly covered by bushes, that was painted a darker shade of green than the other 80% of the house. They went ahead and painted half the house this darker shade of green and when I asked them if it’s going to lighten up when it dries because it was obviously not the same color as the section he was painting he said “No that is the color”. He was explaining he got the match from the circuit breaker cover and that is the color match. While standing at a wall with 2 different shades of green I was explaining to him I wanted the house painted the same color as it was before and the circuit breaker cover is not the house. After about 15 minutes of going back and forth it was discovered the section he got the sample from was indeed darker. So I had to spend another $300 on more paint. When they were leaving low and behold they didn’t have any room in the van for the bucket of the wrong color paint and he said he’d be back in a couple days to pick it up because they have another job in the area. It’s been over 6 months now and I’m still waiting for him to come pick it up.

Description of Work
exterior house paint.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

As a business owner I disagree with this review. There was no problems with this customers job If there had been a problem I would have gladly addressed it and fixed and areas of concern. It’s pretty clear reading between the lines. This customer felt he coulda saved some money by doing this work him self It sounds like buyers remorse, but that doesn’t mean we did a bad job. I have been in business for 44 years, Sorry you felt this way Best Regards

11/11/2017

Nicole V.

Chris Parks from George Parks Roofing was professional, knowledgeable, a breeze to work with, and extremely patient as we took over 2 years to decide on timing and the type of roofing product for our Tarzana home (Boral Cedar Lite Concrete tiles). His team was careful and skilled and took extra time to make sure certain corners and transitions looked good. They replaced frames around windows and painted them and even waterproofed UNDER roof-top air conditioners. We could not be happier with our roof or their above and beyond service! New roofs are not inexpensive so I unequivocally recommend them to anyone desiring a quality roof with and quality installation!

Description of Work
Complete re-roof : removal of 30 year old wood shake roof and installation of new Boral Cedar Lite concrete tile roof on our home in Tarzana. Painted and re-framed around windows and installed new gutter system.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

Review for Parks Roofing & Painting Inc. - 4924 Balboa Blvd, Encino, CA - 36553014

Thanks again for the work

10/26/2017

Jean B.

Mr. Parks was very busy and unable to give come out to my house and give me an estimate. Nonetheless, he gave me a lot of good information, and I felt as though he was a roofing expert. We emailed about my project because it was complicated, and he made several very helpful suggestions. I appreciated the time he gave me. Very professional!

Description of Work
I needed to replace the roof on my home.

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

07/20/2017

Robert C.

They were prompt and efficient in removing and redoing the transition to fix the issue.

Description of Work
Had a leak inside my house at the transition of roof to patio roof.

Work Completed On 06/24/2017

Thanks for feedback

07/03/2017

David H.

Punctual, efficient, and for the lowest quote of many I tried from here.

Description of Work
Needed a roof repair that the Spring rains revealed, and they were the best in every way.

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

01/24/2017

Courtenay H.

Great. I called and spoke to Chris, who fortunately lives in my neighborhood and was able to stop by later that same day to give me an estimate. He was very professional and answered all my questions and did not upsell me on a new roof even when I asked him if I needed one. I called the next day to move forward and he emailed me an estimate to sign within the hour. The work was done the next day. It was raining, but Chris came by and promised me they'd be done that day and they were. It's been raining like crazy since, and no leaks!!

Description of Work
Tile roof repair and minor gutter repair

Category gutter repair,roofing