Construction Owl

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2013

16656 Ventura Blvd 201

Encino, CA 91436

ConstructionOwl.com, operated by GH Builders Inc., is a full service general construction company and Pro Handyman Service that specializes in both residential and commercial projects. We service customers in the Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura Counties. Our team of professionals have an unwavering dedication to each and every project at hand, which results in remarkable design and construction. What makes us a top rated construction company? - We truly care about our customers and give personal attention to each one of them - Integrity and honesty from top to bottom - Not compromising on less than the best quality vendors, materials and labor on every project. - Our professional and creative architectural and design team - Dedicated crews and field supervisors - A clean working environment and timely schedules result in efficient and smooth projects - Affordable and fair prices Our Reputation We earn our reputation in each and every job. Our company has been featured on several national broadcasted TV shows like Style TV's "Clean House", HGTV's "Professional Grade" and on KNBC's "Open House". We look forward to earning your business and making your our next happy customer....

02/08/2017

Jeanine H.

We did a lot of research to find the right contractor to build us a free-standing recreation room. We actually hired a different contractor first, simply based on having the lowest price. What a terrible decision. We quickly came to regret it, and fired that contractor as soon as we could — a costly misjudgment. Even though Owl Construction’s cost was a bit more, though very reasonable, we knew he was the right contractor for us. Guy Hazan of Owl Construction is fantastic. He was so easy to work with. He’s a compassionate listener, and kept us informed and at ease through the entire process. I don’t know much about construction, and had never undergone a project of this size, but Guy was there every step of the way. He explained everything very clearly and addressed any questions or concerns we had from day one to the completion of the project. Also, he has a great eye for design, helping to make good structural and aesthetic decisions throughout. I also must mention the Amazing Anesta. Anesta is a gem to this company. She kept the communication light and easy, and got the job done. She is responsive, dependable, organized and kind. The final building is stunning. The contractors did such a great job all around. To think what a nightmare it would have been to have continued with that original contractor who bullied and didn’t listen. Owl Construction was absolutely fantastic. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Build a free-standing recreation room.

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,handyman service,lighting,masonry,plumbing,replacement windows,garage builders,woodworking,architect,interior painters

04/04/2016

Chris C.

Construction Owl has been a great partner for our building repairs and deferred maintenance. This is the 3rd time we've used this outfit. The work has been done to specifications, on-time and for the agreed upon price.

Description of Work
Replaced glass door and and surrounding facade. (Glass on either side of door).

Category home remodeling

03/28/2016

Donna N.

It went very smoothly and stayed on schedule. I could not be happier with how the kitchen turned out. It started with a computer 3D layout. It's exactly what I wanted the kitchen to look like. Guy, the owner, works closely with you and gets a good feel for what your taste is.

Description of Work
Completely demo'd kitchen. Upgraded electrical ,installed new floor tiles, new cabinets, new countertop, new backsplash, appliances, and fixtures. Price did not include sink, appliances, and fixtures. Construction Owl also remodeled our two bathrooms and they look beautiful.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

03/26/2016

Karen C.

The quality of construction is excellent. This has added great value to my home. My real estate agent recommended this contractor. The workers were almost always on time and very neat. I can't wait for my new agave garden to fill in!

Description of Work
Garden terrace concrete block walls and steps on a steep hills llaide

Category landscaping,masonry,home remodeling

03/25/2016

Sergey L.

The construction was done in the timely manner. All permits from city were handled by contractor, that was especially pleasant. The quality was very good. small repairs were done with no additional cost.

Description of Work
construction of the sauna

Category handyman service,remodeling,home remodeling

Jude E.

This was the easiest most professional company that I've ever worked with. ?The other reviews are absolutely true. From start to finish Guy was always reachable, his workmen were extremely skilled, efficient, courteous, hard working, nice and dependable. They finished on time! it was amazing.? I highly recommend them for anything you need in your home. They get 10 stars.?

Description of Work
Installed new interior staircase.

Category remodeling,fireplaces

Suzanne B.

The master bedroom looks fantastic! From the moment Guy stepped foot into our house for the consultation to the moment the crew rolled up the plastic protecting the floors, the job went seamlessly and effortlessly... for us anyway. The crew did all the work. :-) Each day of the job, the Construction Owl crew arrived when they said they would and were very professional and courteous. The surprise bonus for me was when they left at the end of the work day the job site was very tidy. Everyone I dealt with at Construction Owl, from the office staff to the work crew were very professional and polite. Throughout the length of the job the Construction Owl staff kept us abreast of when they would be arriving each day, what would be taking place, and they were quick to answer any questions I had. I am definitely using this company for all our construction and handyman needs.

Description of Work
Construction Owl did a complete remodel of our master bedroom.

Category remodeling

David L.

Our house was built in 1968 and we hadn't touch anything. We were looking to remodel the kitchen and had some general ideas of what we wanted done but were a bit lost on how to get it done. I was already dreading the messy details. Then we called Construction Owl (our first and only) to get the ball rolling. Guy came out free of charge for an initial consultation. He asked us about our objectives and tastes and while he was there presented us with some great concepts - much of what we hadn't thought of. We got a fixed estimate that day. Before paying a dime, Guy provided us with 3D renderings of the proposed remodel. A very small down payment later and we were on our way. We got a detailed timeline for the job and then work commenced. Every schedule point was hit and Guy called us almost daily to let us know what was next. Despite the fact that there were things we forgot in our original request (some lamps for the ceiling, painting of an adjacent wall, etc.) there was no change in price. In fact, despite several other surprises (you can imagine when dealing with a house this old) there never was a single change order request. Guy even went shopping with us and helped us pick everything out from the tile, counter tops, paint all the way down to the cabinet handles. Again - at no extra charge. And best yet, he was prepared with his own recommendations (most of what we went with - he has a fabulous eye for this stuff) so even the shopping - which I dread - was a piece of cake. The workmanship was fabulous. The cabinets (custom built) came out better than I could have imagined and all of the work from tile to counter top was top notch. And again - all done on schedule. In the prior year we had our bathroom remodeled. I had to deal separately with plumbers, electricians and masons. So I know the pain of remodels. With Construction Owl - we dealt with one person - Guy. What a difference that makes! The living room fireplace removal and painting was pretty much the same story. One call - a fixed estimate and absolutely no problems. This company was just fabulous. I can't recommend them enough and have done so to anyone I hear of planning a remodel. I will never use anyone else.

Description of Work
There were two separate jobs: $42,000 - A total kitchen remodel (including a full gutting of the kitchen, movement of electrical and plumbing, window installation, creating new entry points - wall removal, tile flooring, cabinets, counters - in other words - everything. $4000 - A removal of a fireplace, enclosure of wall, baseboards and complete painting of the living room.

Category custom cabinets,contractors,ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,masonry,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,sunrooms

03/23/2016

Amy H.

We met with several contractors before choosing to work with Guy from Construction Owl. He was up front in telling us he is not the "cheapest" contractor, but he stands by his work and his estimates and written proposals are firm, meaning he won't be tacking on extra costs and change orders for unexpected issues once construction begins. Unlike many contractors, he has a great eye for design and knows what finishes to choose to get the modern look. He even went with us to the tile store to choose materials, for which we had an allowance and only paid his prices (no hidden fees). He literally gave us the receipts and asked for reimbursement! Every project we did finished in the timeline and for the price he stated at our first meeting. Payments were handled smoothly and easily with his assistant, Anesta. If anything wasn't to our liking, I just called him and he sent someone straight away to take care of it. We recently put our home on the market and didn't stop hearing compliments about the tile work, custom countertops, and design choices. I would recommend Guy for any of your renovation plans.

Description of Work
Guest house kitchen remodel and three small bathroom remodels.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,remodeling,home remodeling

08/06/2015

Meghann B.

I worked with Anesta and Guy to set up my gym, and they were AWESOME! ?Here are some highlights: *Guy, the owner, returned my first call and answered all my questions on a weekend?during off hours. *Guy himself came to our site to give us a free estimate. *When I called the office, Anesta knew me by name even though we had not talked yet. *Anesta set me up with a wonderful handyman when their guy hurt his back. *Anesta was able to accommodate last minute schedule changes on my part - twice - without missing my deadline. *The work their handyman, Danny, did was flawless and on time and under-budget! In addition to all of this, they were gracious and kind and lovely and honest the whole time. If you want this kind of experience, call them!

Description of Work
Installed equipment in my commercial gym.

Category handyman service,fireplaces,fitness equipment

A Team Plumbing Services Inc

Plumbing company founded in 2017 with technicians who have been in plumbing for more than 20 years. We cover any plumbing issues that deal with water, gas, and sewer. Our goal is to help you with any and all plumbing issues you may be having. We are available 7 days a week for your convenience.

Mike Guttman Design & Construction

Allow Mike Guttman, with 30 years of experience in outdoor design and construction to integrate masonry and landscape and transform your outside living space into a beautiful place to come home to. Mike's designs have been featured on HGTV , is affordable and he has serviced the L.A. area from Los Feliz to Malibu including the Hollywood elite. Mike will meet with you personally for a consultation to artfully and masterfully integrate masonry with landscape design. His customer service and attention to detail has been awarded multiple Super Service Awards from Angie's List. Mike will personally spend time visiting with you to design the perfect outdoor space for your home. Spend time with Mike and see the difference. .

Value Up Renovation and Construction

Value up renovation and Construction is a family owned and operated with an experience of 15 years in construction specializing in pavers room additions and garage conversations we guarantee the best service for your money. We get the job done

California
    State Contractors License Board
    01/31/2020

Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, Home Additions, Hardscaping, Attic Conversions, Home Building, Engineering, Architectural Services, General Contracting, Landscaping, Floor Installation (Tile, hardwood, laminate, cork, carpet, vinyl etc.)