Builderzz Inc.

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2015

17412 Ventura Blvd, Ste 211

Encino, CA 91316

Family owned and operated, we aim at creating and maintaining healthy relationships with our clients through our superior services. We pride ourselves on an honest and open communication process right from the beginning so there are no surprises. We strive to establish proper time and budget expectations for a smooth and effortless transition to our customer’s dream homes. True success is a team effort, we value the relationships with our clients and work hard to achieve excellence in everything that we do. Whether your dream is a new kitchen, a simple addition, a complete remodel or a new dream home, Builderzz is the company you want to manage your project....

08/24/2018

Marcy A.

From the moment I met Guy, I sensed he was very different from other contractors with whom I'd worked....and it was true. He wrote down, in detail, everything that was to be done and it was all completed beautifully and in a timely manner. He brought in superb craftsmen and treated them with great respect, something I've found lacking in other contractors with whom I've worked. Whenever I had a question, he responded promptly and visited often to make sure I was pleased with the work. He even built a custom support for an under-mount sink when the one provided by the manufacturer proved flimsy--something that wasn't even included in our contract! I'd developed some trust issues over the last couple years as a result of working with dishonest contractors or those whose work was of a poor quality. Guy renewed my faith. He is an honest, kind, skilled man and I will never use another contractor. Thank you, Guy!

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel.

02/20/2018

Adam F.

It was great. They are a smaller company that is much more hands on, which I like. Communication was great throughout the project. I would use them again and recommend their service.

Description of Work
They did a garage conversion project.

01/06/2018

Michele T.

Our family interviewed a couple of contractors to help us remodel our guesthouse. From the start, Guy came with a professional and exciting energy that made us feel comfortable with going with Builderzz. Guy was upfront about what he thought was possible/safe and you knew he was paying attention because he never missed a detail! Although Builderzz was not the lowest quote, we appreciated the reasonable, itemized and thorough estimate! For this particular project, we had our guesthouse's kitchen, flooring, and bathroom redone. The remodel looks immaculate! The best part about working with Guy and Builderzz Remodeling was their dedication to quality and speed (it was not one or the other). I've worked with other contractors and they were NEVER on schedule. I was shocked at how quickly they moved through the house. However, I also really appreciated Guy's dedication to quality. Our piping was completely outdated and Guy automatically updated the piping because his team didn't feel comfortable with the old piping (I LOVE THAT!) On top of that, Guy was great about communicating timelines, expectations, and questions with me. I'm usually at work during business hours so Guy was great through e-mail and text which I really needed to complete this project. With any project there can always be hiccups. Guy and team never try to deflect blame or make excuses. I think this is extremely important and speaks volumes to their character. Guy always tries to make all things right. This is why I will be working with them again in the future! Do not hesitate to give them a call!

Description of Work
Guesthouse Remodel

12/31/2017

Beeta B.

We had an incredible experience working with Builderzz Remodeling for our kitchen remodel. Guy and his team were very accessible, managing the project end-to-end from design, construction, inspection through completion. They set a budget and timeline upfront and stayed true to both. They were very detail oriented and had our best interests in mind. We never felt in the dark as they were very transparent and responsive whenever we needed. Our kitchen turned out better than we had anticipated and we couldn't have asked for a better contractor or experience. Thank you Builderzz Remodeling!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodeling

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

12/29/2017

Sara L.

I hired Builderzz to remodel the bathroom of our home. Builderzz came highly recommended by a family friend. I was very pleased with Guy's performance as our general contractor. He is the most detailed and methodical person I have ever met. He offered many ideas/solutions to maximize the space of our bathroom. I found him to be very communicative and professional over the course of the project. The workers were very professional, tidy and punctual as well. We ended up with a very spa-like and serene bathroom- I absolutely am in love with the end result. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

12/23/2017

kim D.

The bathroom is beautiful! The tile work was done to perfection! Guy is very responsive. Past timeline as frequently occurs.

Description of Work
Bathroom reconfiguration and complete remodel.

03/20/2017

Molly M.

We twice had Guy come out to look at our bedroom remodel. The first time we were stupid and hired a contractor friend of a friend because he was a lower price. We thought we did our due diligence but in the end he totally damaged our home and we are having to file a claim against him with the Contractors State License Board. We totally regretted not hiring Guy to do the job in the first place. After our first contractor walked off the job, Guy came back to give us another look and gave us the same quote even though there was another bathroom to refinish due to the damage caused by the first contractor. In the end we couldn't hire Guy as we did not get the loan for this. We are now in the unfortunate position of hiring individuals to complete this job so we can pay by credit. This review is for Guy as a professional. If we had the money, we would have hired Guy. His is very professional. Guy spends a lot of time explaining everything to you, he writes out everything for you in the quote so there are no issues during the job, he comes ready with a business card, calls you back in good time, etc. These are the things that so few contractors do and it exemplifies his care for the work that he does even though he might not get the job in the end. He is without complaint and I love that in a contractor. For women who are doing the hiring, this is a very important aspect of the job. Too few contractors in general do not respect women even though they are paying them. Guy is not that contractor. He is kind and understanding and he lays everything out for you and really cares. We only wish we had the cash flow to hire him as we expected that we would have had a better outcome in the end.

Description of Work
Add an en-suite bathroom to a bedroom

03/04/2017

Jill S.

In the end everything was fine. The project took three times as long and everything we did we had to redo several times because they kind of messed it up. They took responsibility for it and was pretty good about it. It was kind of a mess. There were some stuff that were majorly horrible but there was some stuff that was really good.

Description of Work
They remodeled the kitchen, bathrooms, woodwork and paint.

12/21/2016

Virginia P.

It went okay. It was just a little to much money. His design was very nice and he took his time.

Description of Work
Gave me a quote for the entire house.

Category architect

11/15/2016

Palma P.

What Angie's List offered was a 3-D Kitchen Design of my kitchen for $49. This was very misleading as I explained above. I wanted suggestions & design & all he wanted to do was remodel my kitchen for a very high price. I asked him about the 3D kitchen design & he said it wouldn't be necessary as nothing would change in my kitchen. He also never gave me a WRITTEN quote on what he would charge to just do the cabinet doors. It was way overpriced. Since I felt the high pressure I asked that it end & he did leave after a most unpleasant afternoon. In all fairness, he did mention what to do about Angies List & the $49. I told him to forget the $49 as all I wanted was for him to leave. I am totally turned off to high pressure.

Description of Work
What I was paying $49 for was a construction co. person to come in & give me a quote on fixing up my kitchen. I can get ANY CONSTRUCTION Co. to come in & give me a quote FOR FREE & I don't have to pay $49 for access to my home. I think Angie's List should say up front this is a Construction Company. The only thing I might have wanted was refacing of my kitchen cabinets.

Category home remodeling

As the office manager (and wife of the general contractor) who scheduled this consultation and spoke to you initially, I am very surprised to read this review. I understood that you had not expected a contractor to do your design and I made it very clear in our first conversation that you were welcome to request a refund due to the misunderstanding. You said you wanted to proceed with the meeting and Guy went out to your home on time, and even called you to see if he could come in earlier than the scheduled meeting. Never once were you pressured to buy or sign on with our company. Your request was to change out a tile countertop and refinish cabinets. We informed you that we do not do refinishing only. As far as the countertop, you and Guy both agreed that this did not require a 3D design. To satisfy you, Guy mentioned that he could give you a refund from his own pocket on the spot which was declined. As you shared with us, you had a bad string of experiences with contractors (including a lost down payment and contractors disappearing on you) so it seems to be you are putting your negative experience on us. We acted as professionals, were punctual and provided you with a service. This review is really unfounded and inaccurate and we were not asked to leave. As a small family run business we pride ourselves in customer care and are sad that you felt the need to write a review such as this. We have received nothing but positive feedback about our 3D design and remodeling services as anyone can see in our reviews.

12/16/2015

Jorge Luis R.

He wasvery fast and efficient.The tech arrived ahead of time which was great . He also called ahead of time to make sure it was good timing for me. He was clean pleasant and lisened to any concerns I had and reassured me. He left the windows SPARKLING clean and I will use this service company for life! I just sign uu to get my mom' windows done. I would recommend Prestige window cleaning in a heartbeat!!!! Jorge Ramos

Description of Work
washed and cleaned every window and screen and windowsill.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, home remodeling

12/16/2015

Jorge Luis R.

WE discussed the option for an entertainment center, fireplace, placement of windows and slider and door into the room. All took into consideration maximun views of the pool and pergola area of the house. We also went over the moving of all the pool equipement, electrical wires into the home and removal and replacing of solar panels on the roof. The representative was cordial and listened to my concerns and addressed my construction concerns. He also provided me with a verbal estimate to have the whole job done. I found the estimate to be a little high for the addition but in all fairness he was my first consultation and I intend on having at least 2 more done . I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Provided a 3-rendering of a room addition which is currently a enclosed patio.

Category concrete repair, electrician, glass repair, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home builders, home remodeling, doors, sunrooms, solar panels, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

08/23/2015

Jaime C.

It went very well. Guy was very professional and knowledgeable. He quickly assessed our situation and made a recommendation on how we could add on to our 2nd bedroom to create an extra bathroom, walk in closet and an outdoor bathroom. He quickly created a schematic and was able to generate some preliminary renderings of what our new addition could look like. While we still need to decide if we want to move forward with an addition like this, $49 is a bargain just to see what you could do. Highly recommend this service to anyone!

Description of Work
Guy came to our house and provided us with an idea on how we could add a master bedroom to our house.

Category remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

08/03/2015

Linda S.

He came to our home and looked at what we wanted to do and discussed thoroughly the pros and cons of adding a bathroom. He also drew up plans and emailed the computer generated plans to us. We have not made a definite decision on this addition yet so not information on how he would follow through on performing the work or the cost. He was very professional in his approach and spent as much time as we needed in discussing the work to be done. We would definitely contact him if we decide to move forward with the project.

Description of Work
Drew up plans to add a bathroom to one of our bedrooms.

07/09/2015

James R.

Overall, the project turned out excellent. Took a little longer than anticipated - some due to a having to replace a retaining wall we didn't even know was under the old deck (and Joe was very reasonable and fair with that) and shopping around for the best redwood. Joe actually picks out boards from various suppliers and refuses to use poor quality material. We chose Builderzz because Joe was extremely helpful in giving us design ideas and telling us we had options to change as we went along - without abusing upcharges or change orders. He was being totally honest in saying that - we changed a lot of the design and he was cooperative and fair the entire time. We are very happy with the final product. Joe's crew are good guys - clean and respectful. They cleaned up every night and worked diligently all day.

Description of Work
Using redwood, we replaced an expansive deck, trellis and back fence. Included installing new lights, new steps, and built in seating areas.

Category decks, electrician, fencing, lighting, masonry, woodworking, home remodeling, hardscaping

07/05/2015

Sarah C.

Great!! I bought the deal on Angie's List and they came out for a consultation a few days later. We talked about the property, ideal features in an extension and he mocked up plans right there on the spot (then emailed me detailed plans/3D drawing soon after). He had great advice on the best way to add value to my home and make a really nice and functional addition. I hope to use them in the future for the remodeling project!

Description of Work
Consultation and 3D drawing of an extension to my home.

07/03/2015

Tien-chi P.

We hired Builderzz for our major remodeling project because of Joe's detailed explanations of the works to be performed during the initial walkthrough, as well as the competitive pricing (among the four companies we interviewed). Joe has been very accommodating and responsive to our needs, and we are very impressed with his attention to details throughout the project. Our project is now about 98% finished and we have been very happy with the quality of work performed by the crew.

Description of Work
Expansion of two rooms on one side of the house; added bay window to one of the rooms Elevating family room floor to the level of rest of the house; raising doors, windows and electrical outlets accordingly Converting family room to vaulted ceiling Installing recessed lights in family room and all bedrooms Installing hardwood floor Refinishing and painting kitchen cabinets Whole house painting Electrical panel upgrade Installing outdoor water, electrical and ethernet lines Replacing fireplace mantel and hearth Misc minor repairs and additions throughout the house

Category electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

06/08/2015

Barbara G.

He did a great job. He gave me several options and the drawing. He was not able to do the work until August but that is fine.

Description of Work
They gave a bathroom design consultation with 3D renderings.

03/21/2015

Eric M.

In 25 years this is the best experience we have ever had with a contractor. The whole process started with our upstairs toilet overflowing. Unfortunately this happened without the knowledge of anyone in the household and occurred just as we were leaving the house for a 4 hour shopping trip. When we came home the bathroom and most of the downstairs area was flooded. We reported this to our insurance company and were able to get the water mitigation and demolition completed with one of their suggested contractors. We then spent 8 weeks working with a couple of contractors trying to come to an agreement so we could get the repairs done. Even our insurance company was frustrated with the poor communication and effort these contractors exhibited. Just when we were ready to give up on ever getting the repairs completed, someone from work referred us to Builderzz. I called Builderzz that night and spoke with Yoav Arielli who goes by Joe. We agreed to meet the next night. When Joe came to give his estimate, I shared the insurance estimate with him to help ensure that he didn't miss quoting anything. Joe did a quick review of their estimate and said that he felt that the price they were estimating on many of the repairs we needed were overstated. He was confident that he could give us an estimate well within the allowance we had received from the insurance company. By the time we finished our meeting, my wife and I were sold on Joe and his company. We agreed before he left to get the work done by Builderzz. We expected to have to wait a week or two before getting started but Joe said he could have two members of his team out the following day! My wife and I were going to be away at work so we arranged for my 81 year old mother to be home to let them in at 8:00 AM and to stay with our dogs while we were away. By the time we got home at 6:00 PM, the two workers and Joe were still there! We were amazed to find that they had not only installed all of the drywall, but had also installed the recessed lighting. My mother later told me that Eliseo, the worker who had been working in the kitchen, worked pretty much non stop. The next day was a Saturday and these guys don't seem to ever rest. Once again, they were at our house all day, prepping the drywall, texturing, removing wallpaper. Eliseo in particular is an artist. By the end of the day our kitchen looked tremendous. And Joe was a presence as well visiting or calling on a regular basis to make sure everything was going along smoothly. A couple of days later, when the kitchen was ready for sanding and primer, I called Joe to make sure our appointment was still on schedule. Of course, he said, asking if we had chosen our vanities, offering to pick them up himself if we needed his help. In an effort to save money my wife and I decided to help with the painting. We worked with Daniel and he was a real pro, offering suggestions to help improve the outcome. Joe and Builderzz have gone above and beyond numerous times and in ways we didn't expect and we highly recommend them. We'll certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Installed drywall in the kitchen, dining room, bathroom and family room. Finished drywall, textured and primered. Assisted homeowners painting living room, dining room, entryway, and kitchen. Installed recessed lighting in kitchen. Installed vanities, faucets, mirrors, lights and toilet in bathroom and removed the wallpaper.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/20/2015

Edward R.

This was one of the best experiences we have had with any of the professionals who have come to provide a service in our home. He asked us questions about how we wanted to use our kitchen; how many people would be in the home; what was most critical to us and what functionality and appliances were most important to us. What was amazing is that he able to give us so many creative and different ideas; ones that never would have entered our minds. He was very careful and took an incredible amount of time with us and we came away with very professional renderings as well as an understanding of what the project would entail. We were able to view the finished product right away and will receive a hard copy of his report within several days. This is truly a fast turn around! We never felt any pressure from Guy and that helped to make our experience even better. We were also able to see some of his other projects from small to very large - all of which were impressive. We will certainly recommend Guy and his company Builderzz Inc. to our friends and family.

Description of Work
The company representative, Guy, did an overall review of the structure and layout of of our kitchen. He then took measurements and presented us with a visual display (both flat blueprint type drawings and 3-D renderings of the entire area). He reviewed the report and display very thoroughly and patiently answered all of our questions.

03/16/2015

Thomas O.

This was a complicated installation requiring that we move out for most of the project. Because the tile cannot be installed directly on top of the soundproof layer, Builderzz had to cover it with cement board. So there were three layers to install and the new floor was almost two inches higher than the old one. This resulted in some unexpected complications, but Joe had an answer for every one. He always consulted me when decisions needed to be made, and always had excellent advice when I was unsure of how to proceed. The project also required a lot of furniture moving and Joe's crew took care of it. They cleared out the rooms they were working in and then moved everything back to where I wanted it once they were done. This is the second time we have employed Builderzz and, as with the first time, workers showed up every day with few (unavoidable) exceptions. Joe was also sensitive to our anxiety and "remodel fatigue" and tried to make the house inhabitable as quickly as possible so we could move back in even though the project wasn't finished. Guy had estimated 5 weeks to finish the job. There were a couple glitches (not Builderzz fault) so that it ended up taking 6 weeks which still strikes me as pretty fast for such a complicated project. The final product (new floor, fireplace and freshly painted walls) is stunningly beautiful. Everyone who has seen it has been deeply impressed. People who know about such things have told me that the floor was expertly laid. I'm confident that it will outlive us. I hope I never have to remodel again (that was the goal of this remodel), but if I do, I would call Guy and Joe.

Description of Work
Removed all flooring and baseboard in our 1300 sq. foot condo and replaced it with porcelain tile (floor and baseboard), first installing a sound proofing layer. Painted the entire condo. Demolished the raised hearth around the fireplace, extending the floor to the edge of the fireplace. Retiled the fireplace. Also performed other small jobs such as pulling an ethernet cable from one room to another, fixing a flaky front door, trimming interior doors to accommodate the new higher floor, etc.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, home theater design, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

03/08/2015

Frank L.

It is tough to find people that you can trust to work in your home; major jobs can have them occupying your space for days and weeks at a time. Guy and his crew are very aware that work in the home can become intrusive; they were always concerned not to create more mess than necessary, to work in a professional and speedy manner and to take our schedule into account as they came and went. We were very satisfied and would recommend Builderzz for all jobs large and small. I will continue to work with Guy and plan to have him renovate our bathroom.

Description of Work
I worked with Guy back when I lived in my home in Calabasas. We did a full kitchen remodel- Guy worked with my wife and I to come up with a great design for our kitchen. We got a fair price considering the amount of work that needed to be done. Guy is a highly detailed person, and we found him to be very organized and efficient. We did custom cabinets, flooring, tile work, paint, new appliances and fixtures.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

03/03/2015

BARRY G.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Guy and his team at Builderzz for the second time. He was very patient and helpful while we went through the process of choosing materials. We are very picky and found the workmanship to be top notch. Guy was very communicative about each phase of the job which we appreciated. Even when we hit a few bumps in the road, Guy was quick to resolve any issue and go above and beyond to make it right. Overall my wife and I found Guy to be reasonable, pleasant and fair. Highly recommend Builderzz.

Description of Work
We had worked with Builderzz a few years back when we renovated our kitchen. We were really pleased with his company so we hired them back on for our master bathroom. Our master bath had not been updated in 25 years. We ripped out the shower, old jet tub and all the tile. We updated with a shower with a glass enclosure, a Roman tub, new flooring, tile, a new countertop and cabinets. Guy gave us many great design ideas to achieve a very spa like and serene bathroom.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

12/28/2014

Daniel C.

Well, what can I say, Joe is just awesome. Courteous, professional, willing to go the extra miles to help the customer. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BuilderZZ Inc. Not only will I have him come to help me with my future projects, but also recommend him to anyone who needs contractor work. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Back in June when Joe and his team helped with a bunch of things at my house (did a great job by the way), Joe said if I needed his help with fixing some of my garden lights he will gladly set up a time and come back to help me fix them at no extra cost. Yesterday he stopped by and in addition to fixing some of my garden lights, also helped me with painting a section of my garage sheet rock.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, home remodeling, house painters

Thank you [MEMBER NAME REMOVED]. It was a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to any future projects you might have. Take care, Joe

12/13/2014

Thomas O.

The bathroom was done precisely to our specifications with no delays except those outside of the contractor's control. Guy and Joe always communicated exactly what was going on, always conferred with us when a decision needed to to be made and always responded when we had questions or requests. They showed up every day except when work was impossible due to material delays. They were patient with our questions and didn't blink when we made changes. Also, they both have a good eye. We incorporated several of their own design ideas. The finished bathroom is very beautiful and comfortable. We are having them back in the new year to replace our floors, refurbish our fireplace and paint the walls.

Description of Work
Remodeled master bathroom, replacing the floor, lighting, all cabinetry and an oversized shower stall.

Category custom cabinets, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters