Tom Plumb

Founded 1998 • With Angi since February 2011

469 Summer View Cir

Encinitas, CA 92024

we are a family plumbing business serving all of encinitas and surrounding areas a call out is $90 and covers the first hour. from then on it is $45 per half hour we do not charge for travel or make money on parts. free quotes for bigger jobs

06/27/2017

Alan W.

The site states the company is open on Saturday. I called Saturday at 0900 and the message stated to text them with the issue. I texted them and as of Tuesday have not received a response. I went elsewhere.

Description of Work
Leaky shut off valve from wall to toilet

05/14/2017

Manuelita B.

Tom Plumb did not return either of my two calls even though I left detailed messages and live nearby.

Description of Work
I need a leaky faucet repaired and the wax ring replaced on a bidet.

06/14/2016

Frank M.

Category home remodeling

03/14/2016

MICHAEL U.

Description of Work
Had a toilet emergency with guests coming, Tom squeezed us in and did a great job.

09/29/2015

Jill A.

Description of Work
It went really well. Fixed numerous things. He was pleasant to work with and was very reasonable. It went really well. His response was promt and he was on time.

09/08/2015

Julie B.

They were an absolutely outstanding team. This was the best plumber we've ever had! He was professional, courteous, organized, knowledgeable, efficient, and reasonably priced. Everything works perfectly.

Description of Work
Installed new main kitchen faucet, soap dispenser, replaced two bathtub faucets/diverters, checked toilets to make sure no repairs were needed

Category plumbing, home remodeling

07/27/2015

Jacquelyn G.

He's a five star plumber. He's very good.

Description of Work
He's done many plumbing things for me.

07/13/2015

Don B.

NO details except he did not respond to repeated requests

Description of Work
I called Tom Plumb on two separate occasions, and left messages describing the work needed. He never bothered to respond to either of these messages.

01/18/2015

Marta R.

it went fine. Tom found the cause of what was causing a leak. He then cleared the drain pipe.

Description of Work
cleared a drain pipe that carried water out of our washing machine.

06/18/2014

Thomas J S.

I would highly recommend Tom Plumb. He is reasonable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
We have used Tom several times in the past year. He has consistently made home repairs a breeze. The last time we used him it was to fix something a previous contractor did. We had a bathtub installed by a "professional contractor" who left us with a leaking, non functioning, not to code bathtub, Tom came in took one look and long story short fixed it!

03/18/2014

Natalie B.

I've used Tom Plumb for every plumbing need we've had over the past few years and he's always on time, professional, pleasant, easy to work with and reliable. Definitely have recommended him to friends, and can vouch for his good service.

Description of Work
We had a leak in our garage wall, so I called him this morning and he was able to be at my house by noon. Within the hour, he diagnosed the problem, replaced the faulty parts in our pipe, and fixed the issue overall. So easy!

01/23/2014

Joyce E.

Never contacted me

Description of Work
Called and just got voicemail. No one ever called me back. His web site/domain name seem to be expired. Don't think he is in business anymore.

11/26/2013

CANDACE S.

I contacted Tom Plumb on 10/28/13 with my request to install a laundry tub faucet. He texted me that he was out of town until the following Tuesday. I replied, asking him to contact me when he returned. He never did. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Nothing. Promised to contact me, but did not.

09/02/2013

MARY M.

He came the next day. He was on time. He was polite and professional, and left the area clean. I would recommend him and I would use him again. It is very easy to contact him by text.

Description of Work
He installed a kitchen sink faucet that we had bought.

04/12/2013

v M.

I have used him several times. He was very good. He is very personable. He has great service. He was prompt. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
He put in a sink. He installed a toilet. He has done numerous things.

04/08/2013

Tamara G.

Tom was wonderful. He has a very easy going demeanor that puts you at easy immediately. He is very knowledgable, professional and I would highly recommend him for any plumbing job. We plan to use him again for another project and would absolutely call him with ANY plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Relocated gas line for washer & dryer. Stubbed out sink water lines and drain.

01/07/2013

Marta R.

He did a good job. The tub is in and is working fine. He was very easy to work with and prompt for arrival. He was diligent about his work and made sure it was done well.

Description of Work
I hired him to install a laundry tub in our garage.

11/07/2012

DANIEL S.

From start ot finish, Tom was extremely responsive. Time came out for the Gas line repair to provide an estimate which was extremely reasonable. Since this is where Tom initially started in the business, the quality of his work on my Gas problem far surpassed other professionals I have used. The work was completed well within the initial estimate of both time and cost. A week later, I had Tom come out to replace the Flush Valve on the toilet in our guest bathroom. Again, Tom was right on time and completed the work well within the time and cost estimate. This required taking off the tank and replacing all parts. Tom is one of the best I have worked with. He is extremely polite, professional, and clearly communicates issues about the job performed. I am extremely satisfied with all aspects of his work and felt his prices were more than fair. I will continue to use Tom for all my plumbing needs and have no hesitation recommending him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Replaced over 25 feet of Gas line from the Meter to the main entry into the house. Replaced Flush Valve for the toilet in the guest bathroom

10/07/2012

Jonathan H.

Got a sameday appt. with Tom to fix our water heater; he was great! Quick and matter-of-fact. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Water heater pilot light kept going out.

Category water heater repair

09/18/2012

Joel R.

Tom is one of the finest contractors I've worked with. Fair price, quality work, friendly, straightforward ,and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Tom, has done several project for us: re-routing pipes, replacing pipes, relocating toilets and vents.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

11/01/2011

Jon V.

Tom was very professional in all aspects of my experience with him. He was very polite and and quick about getting the job done. He gave an estimate for the amount of time needed and was exactly right. The finished job looks and functions nicely. I would hire Tom again and would recommend him to friends. Thanks Tom.

Description of Work
Tom installed a new shower mixing valve.

10/13/2011

Ivy O.

The faucet handle works properly. The toilet no longer rocks, and the seal to the floor is neat and clean. Removed deteriorating aging caulk and completely replaced with new caulk to finalize the job.

Description of Work
Repaired a faucet from leaking from the cold handle. Secured a rocking toilet.

06/05/2011

Donald S.

Tom is reliable, honest, congenial, and professional. I would highly recommend him for any plumbing work.

Description of Work
I have had Tom at my home twice now. Once for a dishwasher problem and once to install a new kitchen sink.

04/13/2011

Diane M.

We contacted Tom and he came over same day and took care of the problem in an hour. He was very friendly and did a terrific job. Because he had to turn off the main gas line to the house, he followed up to make sure all of the gas appliances in the home were working properly before he left. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
We had water in the gas line that lead to our BBQ grill and were unable to use our BBQ.

02/14/2011

david W.

see above. just excellent and highly recommend!

Description of Work
Had a leaky pressure relief valve on hot water heater. Estimates from other guys to fix was $185 - called Tom Thumb who came out immediately and was able to fix it. He quoted me $75 max to replace it but was able to fix it in 10 minutes and only charged me $20. Excellent and very honest! highly recommend

Prince Charmin Plumbing Heating

MASTERCRAFT PLUMBERS

We are a full service plumbing company with master plumbers, we offer: hydro jetting, drain clearing, line relocation, slab leak, water mitigation, leak stop, emergency services, found up, new construction and remodel.

John Padilla Plumbing

Have a clog or a leak? We are the winner of the 2022 Best Plumbers in San Diego Award and we are ready to help you. Our professional team has over 12 years of experience and can address any and every plumbing concern you have. We were 1 of 3 companies nominated in 2022 by the San Diego Chamber of Commerce for Customer First Customer Service Award. Call now to schedule your service!

Plumbing.water heater service and repair. appliance installation,hydronic heating,drain cleaning,remodeling, gas line installation and repair, venting, new construction, pump repair and replacement, tenant improvement