Phillips Advantage Handyman Services

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2010

7705 Brabham Way

Elk Grove, CA 95758

Family owned and operated. Specializing in Whole House Property Inspections and Whole House Handyman Services on Distressed Properties. No job is too small.

06/02/2019

Roberta A.

They did not work in our area...no work done. But, appreciated the prompt response.

Description of Work
Replace fiberglass patio panels.

08/01/2018

Marilyn R.

I recently bought my home and was concerned about the locks that needed changing as well as the side door in the garage which was antiquated and needed to be replaced. Mike came to my house and assessed my door and lock issues, and clearly explained the work that he could perform. Mike efficiently completed the job and hauled away my old door, and cleaned up the work area. He also added my address numbers to the front of my house which was not apart of the work order. I would definitely recommend Mike for handyman services to my friends, and family.

Description of Work
Door lock replacement. Door installation.

Category doors

04/24/2018

KHULOOD A.

It went great, house looks complete.

Description of Work
We hired Mike to do a long list of updates in our new house.

02/14/2018

Randy F.

His work is really good. The price is good and he is very friendly. I will be using him again soon.

Description of Work
He recently put in smoke alarms, repaired a faucet, installed towel racks as well as a ceiling fan.

12/12/2017

Ram G.

We have been looking for a reliable handyman for some time and we finally found one. Mr. Phillips is an exceptional person and handyman. You can't go wrong with him. We were trying to make our garage into a media room and the shelves have to be relocated. It was a breeze. The previous owner hung a light fixture without a junction box in the bathroom and left a big hole in the drywall. Mike took care of it. Finally, the slide for a drawer in the kitchen was broken and he took care of it. I am sure that there are several good handymen out there. However, I can tell that Mike is proud of his work and truly cared about us. We will definitely use him and his details are stored on my phone. His prices are very affordable and punctual to show up and respond. Thanks Mike Phillips

Description of Work
garage shelfs, dry wall repair and light fixture and slide replacement for a kitchen drawer

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, woodworking

11/29/2017

Chris C.

Great! Mike was friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Installed microwave

09/28/2017

Linda J.

Great!! Very professional, arrived on time and cleaned up area.

Description of Work
installing toilet, changing toilet seat, painting garage, tearing down and disposing of gazebo

09/06/2017

WANDA Y.

Mike installed the security light quickly and efficiently. His experience showed in the ease in which he completed the job. While in the course of installing the light, he also discovered a broken HVAC condensation pipe in my attic (which he had to access to run the wiring for the light), so he also made time to repair the pipe and purchase the part needed for the repair. I appreciate his great work on the light installation and for also bringing the broken pipe to my attention and taking the time to repair it. I would definitely use his services again and recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Installation of security light over my garage door

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

08/30/2017

Jason B.

Mike is very knowledgable and very easy to work with. Responds in a timely manner and does quality work. I would use him again.

Description of Work
150ft fence, Tiled 35 sq ft laundry room, and installed two toilets.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, woodworking

08/30/2017

Keith S.

This gentleman is not a handyman. He does not have experience in building homes nor the knowledge required to do so. He is not a person that can troubleshoot a problem because he doesn't know what to look for. I am not convinced he could repair a wooden fence. He is only a certified home inspector. That means he took a 30 hour course that focuses on building codes associated with viewable works of a residential building. Things you can readily see such as height of ceiling and exhaust fans, opening widths, plumbing water conservation code requirements (faucets, toilets, shower heads), alarm requirements for fire and carbon monoxide, and other exposed works. They do not cover a depth of plumbing, electrical or carpentry construction codes. A buyer is advised to not consider this person, get a licensed contractor to do the home inspection. We presented him with a broad range of work to be performed. He picked out simplest tasks only. We laughed as that would leave us with a small subset of work to be done making it harder to attract a qualified person who would bother. These home inspectors won't check the costly items to replace or repair such as your air conditioner, furnace, water heater, water conditioner, air flow balance, venting and exhaust of ambient air, nor anything to do with your roof nor foundation. In regards to windows, nothing except a broken seal or broken glass.

Description of Work
I needed entry level craftsman, apprentice work performed, e.g., electrical duplex outlet remove & replace, exchange ceiling fans, remove and replace faucets, replace fire-door hinges, put exterior lights back up after had having the exterior painted, mount one new exterior light fixture with wiring in place.

Category contractors, electrician, fencing, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, water heater repair, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, doors

08/25/2017

DELORES R.

It went exceptionally well. I was given an appointment for the same day of my call. Mike was competent, enthusiastic and explained each step he took to complete the job. He was fast and cleaned up after himself. The price of the job completed was reasonable and 50%less than all the other businesses that I called including Angie's List. I plan to use his services again. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
I had two electrical ceiling fixtures installed inside my home.

Category electrician, handyman service

07/19/2017

Mary K.

Within 3 days he did the work as promised. Prompt, professional, competent and personable. I would use his services again.

Description of Work
I called Mike and he was able to come out on the same day to give me an estimate on replacing the front security door and install a new porch light.

Category handyman service, lighting, doors

07/14/2017

NANCY H.

I got them from Angie's List. They were very good, very professional. They did a great job. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
We had them come in and do some electrical work for us. We had some fans put up in our bedroom and some lighting put up. We had a lot of electrical stuff done.

Category electrician

06/15/2017

Susan H.

As always, Mike did an amazing job. He manages to make any work look as though it's always been there. I'm very picky and he makes sure that every stage of the work is what I anticipated., plus, as a professional he makes suggestions (which always work ! ). We look forward to working with Mike on our next project.

Description of Work
Framing and making a wall in large opening in the wall between family room and bonus space. Also framing and creating wall and installing a door from hallway into bonus room.

Category drywall, handyman service

05/31/2017

Randy P.

Mike was great, on time, showed up everyday through completion, knowledgeable, a perfectionist, and did a great job laying our tile. He even gave me a few tips I can do myself to enhance the front porch. I would highly recommend him for anyone who needs tile installed.

Description of Work
We had our front porch tiled.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, house painters

05/23/2017

Keith L.

Mike is a fantastic handyman whose skillset is very broad. He is very dedicated to getting the job done the right way, and is mindful of keeping his customers' costs down. Mike and his wife Trish return calls very promptly. They are both very friendly and are a great pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Mike installed new porcelain tile flooring in almost our entire house. It was a large area spanning multiple rooms, and he patterned it with perfect precision. He also did a number of other jobs for us we needed, including complex plumbing jobs.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, home remodeling

05/12/2017

David S.

Installation went well no problems experienced

Description of Work
Mike installed 3 top mount sink basinsrepkumbed the draibs and connexted the water supply. He also removed and replaced one toilet and installed a skirted Kohler ADA complaint Prelude requiring boring holes thru ceramic tile. All work was satisfactory!

Category contractors

05/04/2017

Elizabeth H.

Great - along with tips about when to replace smoke detectors, what to look out for.

Description of Work
Batteries changed in smoke detectors.

04/26/2017

Doug H.

It went great! He was super helpful and did a superb job! I'd hire him in a second!

Description of Work
Plumbing work

Category handyman service, plumbing

04/24/2017

Karen G.

Mike is great! He's done quite a bit of work for me through the years and is very knowledgeable, thorough, friendly, reasonably priced and does great work so I set an appointment for him to complete the work for my mom as stated above. The stairs/ramp are custom and of solid wood and very sturdy and look awesome. The ramp is wide enough so when she needs her wheelchair it's very easy for her to get out of the house to the balcony and roll down the ramp. The security doors he installed are great too! I highly recommend him for any work! He's magic and can do pretty much anything! :)

Description of Work
My elderly mother needed to have a ramp installed on her mobile home and also have the stars replaced and two security doors installed.

Category decks, woodworking, doors

04/22/2017

Terrance A.

The floor was installed professionally and it looks great. Mike recommended some upgraded materials that made sense. The job got done on time. We are looking forward to working with Mr. Phillips on some future projects.

Description of Work
The Kitchen linoleum was replaced with tile and the baseboards were changed to bull nose tile too.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

04/22/2017

Terrance A.

Mike recommended using Grout Booster Sealant on our 30 square foot area of floor, I thought that was a smart idea to preserve the floor down the road. The new floor looks great and it is a nice upgrade to our home. The job was completed on the day that was contracted.

Description of Work
The 2nd bathroom floor linoleum was removed and tile was installed. The old baseboards were replaced with bull nose matching tile.

04/15/2017

Alice B.

Mike Phillips responded quickly to our request for an estimate to install tile on our laundry room floor. During our estimate meeting, he was thorough describing what he would do, how it would be done and options. We were impressed during the estimate. As we know, the proof of workmanship and customer service is in results. We had already purchased the floor tiles and he advised what other products to purchase before the installation. When work began, he could have installed the tile as he desired; however, he laid a sample pattern, explained the layout and had us decide on the look we wanted to achieve. Mike was prompt, efficient, worked quickly and communicated throughout the entire process. We could not be happier with the result and highly recommend his tile work. We will contact him in the future for other handyman work.

Description of Work
Ceramic floor tile installed in laundry room

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

03/30/2017

Kristen B.

He was wonderful! On time, professional, personable, polite, and did beautiful work. I provided the tile and grout. I will definitely be using Mike again!

Description of Work
Mike tiled my guest bathroom.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

03/28/2017

Randy F.

We’ve been using Mike for YEARS for all kinds of things around the house, and he has been incredibly helpful. He’s always been willing to take a phone call and has continuously been helpful .

Description of Work
Many things