Official Pest Prevention

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2006

Ever since January 1, 2000, Official Pest Prevention has been offering outstanding pest control service. Our state-licensed technicians are highly trained to perform a range of services, from chemical baiting and spraying to trapping and eco-friendly pest treatment. Whether you dealing with a

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

pest control (57)animal removal (5)home inspection (5)lawn treatment (2)insulation (2)

11/29/2021

Cheryl A G.

They're still doing it till today and they do an excellent job.

Description of Work
They put out boxes around the house for rats and mice.

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

Thanks for the review. We really appreciate you recognizing our work and will continue to provide you with the same standard of excellence you've already received.

02/28/2020

Charles E.

They were excellent and got rid of them completely. They are very reasonable as well I would highly recommend them and I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They treated for rats in our commercial building. They also come regularly for pest control as well.

Category pest control, animal removal

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

We are glad you have enjoyed the the service. We always strive to give the best service we can. Thank you for the review.

03/25/2019

Susan M.

They are on time, very professional and I've been using this company for years now.

Description of Work
They did some pest prevention.

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review. We really appreciate it. We are always happy to hear from our customers.

11/30/2018

Nicole D.

They were nice and gave plenty information.

Description of Work
Pest management

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

10/06/2018

Susan J.

I was talked into doing a monthly a service so that the inspection would be free and the subsequent months they would check for squirrels and other pests. 2 very large men arrived who were both too big to fit through the trap door and the ladder they brought was too short anyway. The one man stuck his head into the attic, didn't use a flashlight or anything, did not really look around but he had some chunks of bait with him that he started throwing into the attic in every direction except towards the garage where the damage and entry point were. I really did not get an inspection done at all for squirrels in the attic. Then they said they would have to send somebody else out to inspect the attic. When I first talked to the company, we had a discussion about using traps and sealing up entry points. They talked about using a one way trap to get the squirrels out after sealing all the entrances. I asked the guy with the bait if they weren't going to use traps. He said no, it was poison bait. I asked if the animals were going to die in my attic and he said the bait would probably make them thirsty and they would leave to find water and probably die outside. I don't know what happened but it felt like I was talking to 2 different companies w 2 completely different philosophies. I canceled the worthless contract which was apparently more a ploy to make money spraying for bugs. I still got charged for a worthless visit, with poison bait now lying in my attic and maybe dead squirrels. Also, I had to ask the one to take off his shoes so he put on some dirty booties and didn't seem to realize that he needed to be really careful with the ladder so as to not ding the walls, furniture and door jams. ( I talked to 2 different people on the phone, a man who spoke about traps and a woman who sold be the contract apparently for something other then what I wanted.)_

Description of Work
I needed squirrels to be removed from my attic

Category pest control, animal removal

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

03/06/2018

Rodney W.

Very thorough, have a very reasonable quote, James was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Description of Work
Inspection

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

12/16/2017

Larry P.

This whole promotion was a scam to spend more money to trap and kill animals.

Description of Work
Promised a detailed report to exclude mice from inside house. We got about 20 minutes of two guys looking around and a quote of 1700$.

Work Completed On 12/09/2017

11/30/2017

George H.

The arrived promptly. They checked my attic and surroundings of the house. I have yet to see a report with pictures. Also, they were trying to up sell me with extensive rodent treatment plan. They didn't tell me information I already knew.

Description of Work
The special was to survey my home and see where the rodents are getting in. The were to supply a report with pictures on where the rodents are getting in.

Work Completed On 11/11/2017

HI [Member Name Removed], WE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT. PLEASE CALL US AT 877-711-2847.

11/10/2017

Greg G.

When I calledto set up the appointment, they didn’t explain that would use pesticides. There was also no inspection inside the house. I understood that there would be.

Description of Work
Ensure that ants were not getting into the house

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

11/10/2017

christina W.

worker was on time and professional

Description of Work
spray for pest control

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

11/07/2017

anne B.

Work was completed in a timely fashion from when they were contacted. Punctuality was the biggest problem-they had a scheduled time window to arrive-called me at the very end of that window and extended the arrival window, then still came late after the second time window had passed. Once arrived, work was done and was satisfactory

Description of Work
address hornet nest and inspect and block wild animal access under the house

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

10/20/2017

Jian (Jim) D.

They did a good job to inspect my house and identified some possible rat entries at the ground level. But it is much harder to locate rats entering points on the roof under the tiles and fix that problem. It remains to be a challenge.

Description of Work
The objective was to prevent roof rats from getting into my house.

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

10/20/2017

Tony C.

Great job. Much cheaper if you do it yourself, but I didn't want to climb my steep second floor roof and fall.

Description of Work
Eat exclusion from roof and foundation.

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

10/18/2017

Alynn L.

They contacted us right away to schedule the service. They were punctual and courteous. We had to phone the company before they began work because the technician was not able to provide details on the pesticides they use. We asked for that information at the time of scheduling and were told that the service technician would be able to provide. In the future, we would ask for MSDS sheet before the day of service.

Description of Work
Inside and outside spray for ants and spiders

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

09/12/2017

Pam M.

great- sprayed, set traps, efficient & thorough.

Description of Work
ant removal

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/21/2017

Carol V.

went on regular visits for about a year..

Description of Work
kill pests

Work Completed On 09/08/2015

08/09/2017

Donna P.

They took care all of our issues Came out every time we need them Loved Sue Loved Mark

Description of Work
Attic work Spray every other month Have used them for years

07/31/2017

Barbara S.

Went well and received estimate for repairs. At the time I booked special, was not aware that my existing pest control also includes rodents. Sorry for confusion.

Description of Work
Rodent inspection

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

07/10/2017

Luis F.

Ronnie removed cobwebs & sprayed insecticide on affected areas including perimeter of house.

Description of Work
Pest control, including removal of cobwebs around outside of house & garage.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

07/04/2017

Dawana G.

Service went ok, but technician was late. However, once she got here, very professional and knowledgeable. Several weeks later after the service was complete, got an email from the vendor saying they had not been paid...which was odd, since i bought the service in full via Angie's list. We sorted it out over the phone; they had not applied the credit to the account i guess.

Description of Work
House and property sprayed for pest control.

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

06/30/2017

Stephen S.

Very well. The staff was very professional. I received a confirmation call a few days ahead and the staff explained what I needed to do to prepare. The exterminators called when they were on the way, arrived on time, and followed instructions about where to park. I did as instructed and everything went very smoothly. The exterminators were clean, did not leave a mess, and were very easy to work with.

Description of Work
I had an insidious cockroach attack in my kitchen and none of the home methods helped at all. I think they were even carrying around a can of RAID at one point. Two treatments from Official and they are GONE! I am so happy.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

06/30/2017

Christine V.

It went well, they were professional and prompt. I was pleased with the service.

Description of Work
They checked out my attic and other areas for mice, I purchased a monthly service contract from them.

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

06/28/2017

Paul W.

It went well because we had Reggie. Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

Description of Work
General spraying for bugs including inside and outside the house including the garage. Webs removed outside.