DR Design & Remodel

Founded 2003 • With Angi since April 2007

10461 Grant Line Rd Ste 100

Elk Grove, CA 95624

Additional emails - heather@ftcelkgrove.com, Design@FTCElkGrove.com. D R Design & Remodel-Flooring, Tile, Cabinetry & More. The most complete design/build remodeling experience in the Sacramento area. Fixtures, tubs. sinks, showers, faucets, basins. Accessibility, walk in tubs, wheelchair showers,

06/10/2022

Sara N.

It was the best service. They were on time and they were here every single day until the job is completely finished.

Description of Work
kitchen and bathroom remodeling

04/06/2017

MICHAEL G.

It was expensive. The house burned down with the flooring.

Description of Work
We had mahogany floors put in.

Category flooring contractor, epoxy flooring

07/21/2016

Linda N.

The idea is that they take care of renovations from your floor up to your ceiling for bathrooms and kitchens, primarily. So they have tile, they have wallpaper, they have new cabinets, they have all of that. So if you want to upgrade your bathroom or your kitchen, they are the people to do it. They did a fabulous job. We were sufficiently happy with the manager of that office. He came out and talked with my wife and looked over the job and sketched it out and had ideas. Then he and his team did a terrific job. We were very pleased with their work. And then three years later we hired them again to come and renovate the kitchen. The president of the company personally did it. His name is Robert Paulson. He is very thorough and detail oriented. He is personable and professional. He knows what he is doing and he helped us all along the way as we matched tile with cabinets and painting and tiles around the shower. He has a very good eye for color and for what fits together and how to make the tiles look good. He is just a very impressive guy when it comes to this business.

Description of Work
We had the master bathroom remodeled.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, home remodeling

07/21/2016

Linda N.

We were sufficiently impressed by them. We had them come back. I would recommend them to anybody and we have.

Description of Work
We had the kitchen and two other bathrooms in the bedroom remodeled.

10/27/2015

Gayla S.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel - I went into the showroom and was told I needed to make an appointment for someone to come out to see the space and take measurements. They never showed up for the appointment and did not call.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

We had set this appointment for October 6th back on September 19th, the previous month. We always call in advance to confirm our meeting. Looking at our records, we called October 6th at 4:13 pm but there was no answer. We are sorry we couldn't take of you & hope your project went well.

10/25/2015

Vince S.

Shortly after our master bathroom remodel we decided to revamp our kitchen. Our kitchen had the standard suburbia look: oak cabinets, bar top counter, a small useless counter area, vinly flooring and the "coffin box" looking ceiling light to name a few things. We took out everything! We moved the kitchen layout slightly, so that the countertops would all be put to good use. We bought new cabinets with soft close and different organizing options. They even installed our BlueStar range and hood (this was purchased elsewhere), which had certain installation requirements. We decided to update the flooring not only through the kitchen, but the breakfast nook, dining, pantry, and foyer areas. They gave us all the different flooring options and were knowledgable in each product. It was nice that we could look at them. We decided to go with a Mannington laminate flooring that looks like wood. Our friends and family think it's actual hardwood! I can't tell you how many times we went through their showroom to look at their products and to talk to them about our ideas prior to coming up with a Master plan. Yes, there were a hiccups as anyremodel has, but Floor to Ceiling quickly addressed them. The Floor to Ceiling family are helpful and friendly.

Description of Work
Gutted the old kitchen and flooring.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

07/04/2015

Yumi S.

Great customer service and nice to support local business in Elk Grove. Start up design in their store where we were able to pick out all the materials was so much easier than going shopping at different stores. Robert came to our house for the estimate and it was on target. The workers were wonderful - professional and prompt. The tile guys - were like artisans. Would use them again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel - quartz countertop, tile floor, beautiful backsplash, sinks, faucet.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

04/10/2015

Mike M.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen remodel. New hard wood flooring in 4 living spaces. Remodel of 1/2 bathroom.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

03/30/2015

Joanne C.

I found their website on the internet not Angie's List. I called them they said come in and look at tile. I went in, picked out tile, set a date for an estimate. The guy measured and gave me an estimate on February 27, 2015 I thought it was reasonable and hired him. I let him know that I had to have it done on a specific date since it is hard for me to take time off work, March 30, 2015, he said it would be fine. He had one months notice. He then asked me if I had a post it note for him to write it down so that he could remind himself. When he said this I had a feeling I should not have ignored. He also mentioned that this was a very small job for them. Another comment I shouldn't have ignored because it was said with a bit of snobbery. I gave him a check deposit of $513.65 which was cashed. I requested the day off and made plans. I had been busy the week and weekend before the Monday that it was supposed to be done but realized that I had not heard from them to confirm a time and date. I called them the day before but no one answered and I didn't know the store hours because it is not mentioned on their website or on the answering machine when you call in. I left a message asking for someone to confirm my appointment but no one called. I prepared my house for the project by moving furniture and whatnot. Monday came, I didn't know what time they would get here so I got up early to be prepared for whatever time they arrived. By Noon I was furious, no one called or showed up. I left multiple messaged at there store. By going on Angie's list, I found that they are listed here and that they are closed on Monday's. Great! I left them one last message asking for my money back. This was completely a waist of time, unprofessional, and will never recommend them to anyone. Tomorrow when they open I will be calling for a refund, I should also ask them to compensate me for time lost from work. If I have any issues getting a refund I will update this review. If I have any issues getting a refund I will also call the BBB and a lawyer. I am beyond upset and mad.

Description of Work
Helped me pick out tile. Came out to my home to give me an estimate.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

07/11/2014

Tom R.

I called the contractor and they said to come into their showroom which we did. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. I asked for a ballpark figure, before we bothered to setup an appointment for them to come to our house, and they said well, "I don't think we've ever done a kitchen for less than $30,000". After I got up off the floor, we explained, we didn't have the money and our house wouldn't really stand that much improvement, value wise. They DID know the size and layout. I had photos and drawings and told them all appliances were new. They were very nice about it. We left and I almost cried all the way home because I figured I'm going to be stuck with my awful kitchen forever. But, my son has convinced me to try some other contractors. I haven't yet, but I will.

Description of Work
Trying to get estimates to remodel our 88 sq ft kitchen..

Category home remodeling

We are so sorry [member name]. Our intention was never to make you feel bad. I hope you found the contractor that fit your needs.

06/28/2014

ALICE K.

I have used Floor To Ceiling three times already. They did the flooring in most of the house, they remodeled my guest bathroom (beautiful!) and they just finished my master bath (even more beautiful!!). I removed the bathtub and put in a larger shower. They redid the cabinets and put in a large cabinet where my teeny tiny shower used to be. They changed everything. They were on time, very professional and very courteous. If I had any issues - I only had one - they were right out to fix it. I can't wait to do my kitchen now. I will call Robert again. I trust him to do a great job. I don't even get a second estimate anymore. I know he will work with me and my budget. Robert and his staff are wonderful.

Description of Work
They remodeled my master bath. They had already put flooring in the entire house, and redone the guest bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Thank you [member name removed]! It's always a pleasure serving you.

11/30/2013

Donald T.

Long time for a return call. Would not do estimate without $350 up front. Short and rude on the phone.

Description of Work
Tried to get estimate, trouble reaching them.

Category home remodeling

We do not charge for an in home consultation. Robert will give you a general idea of how much it will take to complete your project. To move forward with computer generated design that takes an average of 4 to 12 hours of work ( Yours to keep ) and a line item bid that includes all parts, pieces & every aspect of labor that also takes a great amount of time, we charge between $150.00 to $350.00 depending on the complexity of the project. It's a very small fee that typically doesn't cover my cost of labor. I am so sorry if someone was rude to you on the phone and will definitely address the issue with our designers. We only want personable people working on our team. Thank you so much for impute. Debbie

10/28/2013

Albert & Rachel C.

They were very efficient. They told us that it would take 5 days and it took 4 days for them to come and do what they had to do and they were gone. They were good about everything. They were a little pricey but they do really good work. I was really satisfied with their work. They worked with us really well as far as we had to match up some tile with it and all that and they were really good about that. Their product was very good. They had a lot of stock on hand. It was really good. They did what they had to do and they were done in the amount of days they said they were going to be done. We were pretty happy with them. They knew what they were doing. I would recommend them. They do really nice work.

Description of Work
Floor To Ceiling Kitchen Bath & Flooring did some granite work for us. They cut up the granite and put it in our whole bathroom.

Category marble & granite, home remodeling

09/20/2013

Sharon M.

From the initial meeting through the presentation of the professional design, FtC staff was professional, punctual, and courteous. We did not to the remodel after all, but would use their services again.

Description of Work
I consulted with Floor to Ceiling about a hallway bath remodel.

05/21/2013

Susan M.

Went well. Robert was on time and had great ideas. He called within a few days and I went back to the showroom for a "3-D picture". He was able to make the changes I asked for on the spot. The estimate was too high for my budget. I had originally wanted to purchase only new cabinets, granite countertops, new stainless steel sink and dishwasher. His design was awesome but the estimate was way more than I budgeted. I have decided to get 2 more bids from contractors recommended by word-of-mouth. This is a "want" as opposed to "need". I will still go back for maybe the bathroom remodel.

Description of Work
Provided design for remodel, calculated costs, provided detailed estimate

04/30/2013

Kera M.

N/A

Description of Work
I contacted this company via e-mail on Sunday for floor replacement/ repair on both of our bathrooms. We've lost the sub-floor in one bathroom. I'm eager to get it repaired so I called the office on Monday morning and the call was answered by a receptionist service. The operator told me that estimates on Monday were by appt. only. I told her I wanted to set an appointment for someone to come out for an estimate and she told me that wasn't possible, that I needed to call back on Tuesday after 10:00 a.m. This was a rather brisk and un-inviting response. I waited on Tuesday until 4:00 p.m. for the company to call me which did not happen. I called to set an appt. at 4:00 p.m. and was transferred to a man named Robert who told me that for my estimate, it would cost $250 to draw up a bid on paper and that it would probably take 8 hours. I kindly told him, 'no thank you'. Frankly, I was very disappointed with this company. It's pretty obvious to me that they're not looking for new business and certainly not from me.

Category home remodeling

Hi (Member name removed), It was never my intention to make you feel like we did not want your business. We serve many people in the Sacramento area and the projects are both large and small. I will be contacting our answering service in an effort to make sure all of our clients are treated respectfully. We hired an answering service because we want to be accessible, even when we are closed. Our days of operation are Tues-Saturday! Regarding the $250 fee, it was my understanding that you needed more than just a floor. With the water damage you incurred, I thought there was also cabinet & tub/shower rebuild/repair/replacment. Anytime we do extended work like that, there is more planning involved and many times jobs like that require a permit. For a permit we need a floor plan & a detailed schedule, and the $250 is what we ask for to draw up the floor plan, generate a line item bid for both materials & labor, & create a detailed schedule so that we can insure a smooth project. With all that said, I want to sincerely appologize for how I made you feel. You are welcome to call me at anytime if you need other work, or if you just think you need to discuss this with me. Thanks again, Robert

04/21/2013

Allen B.

A couple of small things drew the job out. Every contractor was prompt, clean and completely professional. The staff at Floor to Ceiling in the end presented us with a ktchen out of a magazine and brought our dream to reality.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen redesign and remodel. Gutted just about everything, all new cabinets, granite, tile backsplash, custom sink, all new appliances... salvaged a bank of floor to ceiling cabinets and reinstalled them into the laundry room.

10/31/2011

JOHN J.

We chose three different contractors from Angie's List to discuss the project and get estimates. We started with a simple project description so we could equally compare all the contractors. We called Floor to Ceiling to have someone come to our house. Robert came out later that week to discuss the project and take initial measurements. We set up an appointment for the next week to visit their showroom and go over their proposal. We originally did not think we would choose Floor to Ceiling because of their incredible showroom. We thought they would be setting the high-end price because the showroom is so extensive and well put together. We were wrong about the cost and very happy to find that out. All three contractors came within a thousand dollars of each other, but Floor to Ceiling included a full height stone tile back splash in their proposal. They did that right up front without knowing anything about the other contractor's proposals. It was not a bargaining position or a hard sell tactic. It was simply part of their effort to design a beautiful kitchen that we would love to have. They really cared about making a design we would be happy with and enjoy for many years. Their extensive show room allowed us to see and understand alternatives and make choices without raising the cost. The fact they really cared and were able to show us the possibilities helped us make the decision to go with them. The workmen who came to install were not just professional and courteous. They were nice people. Their is a difference. They all did an outstanding job. It was obvious that they knew what they were doing, but also they really cared about achieving a great result. They did achieve a great result. My brother-in-law used to do cabinet, tile, and flooring install before he retired. After his inspection, he proclaimed "They did outstanding work. This is some of the best work i have seen. You should be real happy with this." We are real happy with the result and will go back to them for future projects.

Description of Work
removed kitchen cabinets and counter tops; removed flooring down to the sub floor in the Kitchen, dining room, living room, and entry; installed new kitchen cabinets, counter tops, stone tile full height back splash; installed new under layment and engineered hardwood floor in kitchen, dining room, living room, and entry

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

07/15/2011

Bruce R.

We selected them after obtaining 3 other quotes. We selected them based on their helpful showroom staff, wide selection of products and fair price. They started on the remodel on schedule and worked efficiency to remove and replace the countertop. We noticed a material flaw and Robert was quick to respond and worked with the material supplier to resolve the issue. We are happy with the final result.

Description of Work
They replaced old tile kitchen countertops with quartz countertop. They also provided wood butcherblock top for island cooktop.

Category countertops, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

12/29/2010

Robert P.

Robert of Floor-to-ceiling spent more time with us up-front and helped tremendously with the selection of materials. This up-front work and his knowledge is what convinced us to use Floor-to-ceiling. The quoted cost was at the very top of our budget. The initial start date was pushed back a couple of weeks because of delays in getting the cabinetry. However, once work started, everyone was there on-time and work progressed well until the it came time to put the new tub in. The recommended tub was not the style we wanted. Robert suggested a slight change to try and convert the tub into the style we wanted and we proceeded. The end result was not at all what we wanted for the bath. Work was halted while we worked through the options. In the end, Floor-to-ceiling, removed the tub, we ordered a new tub that was the right style, the structure that holds the tub was re-done and the new tub installed. This was a lot of extra work and caused a couple weeks of delay, but the end result was what we wanted. The tile work on both the floors, around the tub, and in the shower was fantastic. There were some minor problems with the trim work and that was promptly corrected by Floor-to-ceiling. The guest bath project was much smaller and everything proceeded on-schedule without any issues. Overall, we are extremely happy with the result. It exceeded our expectations and matched the vision we had for the bathrooms. The job did take about twice as long as originally quoted.

Description of Work
Remodel master and guest baths. Replaced tub, shower, floor, toilet, vanity, lighting, fixtures in master bath, replaced vanity, toilet, floor in guest bath. Added floor radiant heat to master bath. The master bath was gutted to the walls, but no structure changes to the walls. The original fiberglass shower was replaced by a tile shower with built-in cubbys for soap/shampoo. The original tub was replaced with a whirlpool type tub. All fixtures were upgraded. Lighting and ventilation was upgraded as well. Original vinyl/carpet floors were replaced with tile. Guest bath received new tile floor, new vanity with upgraded fixtures and new toilet only. All work on the master was finished before work started on the guest bath.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, carpet installation, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling

11/30/2010

Eva E.

See above

Description of Work
Visited the showroom. Was very impressed with what they offered. Had them come to the house for an estimate. Seemed very experienced and knowledgeable. Waited for a response for 2 weeks. When I called, he said he had misplaced my file and would get back to me. Never located my file. Did apologize, but if that is how they deal with customers - am not interested. There are too many flaky contractors out there. I was initially very hopeful, but once again, i have been let down.

Category home remodeling

Yes it is true that we had misplaced the measurements from our initial visit. After we called the member and apologized for doing so, we respectfully requested that we come back out and re-measure. She declined even though we genuinely wanted to help her. Although we are not perfect, we certainly take a lot of pride in our customer service and our workmanship. We regret that we were not able to make the member happy and would really like the opportunity to visit with her again to make things right.

10/26/2009

Michelle B.

They basically co ordinate a bunch of professionals. They give a discount; waive off the contractor?s fee with an understanding that we will buy supplies like tiles and wood boards from their supply store. The general contracting price gets reduced drastically in exchange for that. They still help to co ordinate services so that we are not calling 3 different sub contractors. Their prices were much lower than other bids. I was happy with the quality of their work. They went above and beyond by helping us. We were looking for a particular type of tile which was expensive. He tracked down the wholesaler and we were able to get the tiles on time for a reasonable price. Their prices were competitive. They were expensive on certain things but they provided good service so that made sense. When there was a problem, the contractor stepped in and handled it. One of the sub contractors could not do the work. The contractor had it done by some one else who was available. They were down to earth and we had no experience of all the nightmarish stories we have heard about contractors. They were top notch. They made the necessary suggestions and listed various options. They gave us a range of prices and products to choose from. Most of the people I dealt with were men but they gave me credit for having some knowledge in this area. That was nice.

Description of Work
Floor to Ceiling did the hardwood floors and remodeled our bathroom in September.

Category remodeling

05/21/2009

Judith H.

We went to the showroom and were treated very well. Steve came by the house 2 days later and took measurements and gave us an estimate. Very professional. Within 2 weeks they were ready to go. They did the demolition and installation of the countertop while we were out of town for the week. We felt very comfortable leaving the house in their hands. The backsplash was back-ordered, so it was installed 2 weeks later. Again, very professional installers who worked for the company. There was extra granite left over from the slab, so they made, polished, and sealed a table top for our breakfast nook - a real bonus!

Description of Work
Removal of old tile countertops and backsplash in kitchen and installation of new granite countertop, new sink and faucets, and glass tile backsplash.

Category countertops

10/20/2008

PHIL M.

Everything went great and on time with no delays! Awesome company.

Description of Work
Purchased cabinets for kitchen remodel from Floor to Ceiling. Bob was very receptive to our needs and plans while helping us stay under budget. Installer they recommended worked out great. Good service even after the install when there was a bad door on one cabinet. Showroom was kid-friendly so parents can do what they need to do. I would definitely recommend this company.

09/05/2007

NICKY S.

I think the work they did was wonderful and I can speak very highly of the service that they provided for me. They were here when they were supposed to be, the work was done very skillfully and they were extremely knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They installed granite countertops along with the backsplash, installed a sink, appliances and fixtures in the kitchen. They build up walls and put in the tub, shower and fixtures in my bathrooms. They also did all the flooring my 2700 square foot home with ceramic tile and porcelain.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling