Stan's Services

Founded 1983 • With Angi since October 2011

2845 Canterbury Cir

El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

We are a seasonal business, during the fall and winter we specialize in gas fireplace repair and pellet stove repair. Our mission is to offer our residential customers a professional and reliable installation, repair or maintenance service." - Stan Egbert, Owner Stan's Services understands that

02/26/2020

Cecilia C.

It was great! They were on time and efficient.

Description of Work
Cleaned my chimney.

06/25/2018

Carolee C.

Fine, works well and offs more efficient with blower. Cost below is best recollection, probably a little less.

Description of Work
Repaired gas fireplace and added blower feature

04/16/2017

DENNIS H.

Stan showed up on time for the estimate and was very professional and precise in his estimate. He explained exactly what he would do and what type of materials would be used. He gave me the option of wood types, screws or nails and 2 or 3 rails. He gave me a price for all options which I appreciated. After the insurance company settled wit us it was a little less then what Stan's estimate was. So Stan made adjustments on his estimate to equal what our insurance company gave us. The tear down and haul away went smoothly and was done in just several hours. The next day the fence was built. There was a problem when the side fence was done. There was a 4 to 6 inch gap at the bottom of the fence but when I brought it to Stan's attention he offered a couple solutions with the hardest one being to unscrew all the boards and lower the fence. When that was the option we chose Stan offered an apology and stayed a few more hours and lowered every board on the side fence. The fence and gates turned out awesome. I would definitely recommend Stan's services.

Description of Work
new fencing. We needed a common fence shared with a neighbor rebuilt and a special 8ft high rear property fence built. Also 2 new gates on each side of the house.

Category fencing

04/08/2017

Michael D.

It went great! Serviceman was on time, polite, put down a drop cloth so there would be no dust. He tried the fireplace, knew what was wrong and solved it fast. So fast, that I had him look at my other fireplace as well. They charge a flat rate for a 1 hour service call. So I had time for two. Serviceman didn't chat or waste time, but could not have been more friendly and knowledgeable. No parts were required. Just experience. I'd recommend them to my friends and have them back should we need them again. Their service fees were less than others I was quoted and their work excellent.

Description of Work
We had a gas fireplace that refused to light. Based on phone calls to several Heat N Glo fireplace retailers I thought it would require replacement of the igniter and/or controller card and be very expensive.

05/10/2016

Chrissy H.

It went great! Stan set up an appointment to come out and do an estimate right away. Soon enough, within a couple of days my fence was already being worked on and the job was being done quickly and efficiently. Quality is key and you definitely get your worth of services for the money!!

Description of Work
I needed a lot of yard work done and a fence built. Stan and his employees were very friendly and easy to do business with.

Category fencing, lawn service

02/26/2015

Christina P.

The service went well. He was on time and performed the necessary service. Very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Chimney sweeping

02/22/2015

Karen D.

This service provider was great. He was on time, he was efficient, and he offered all information we needed to operate our fireplace and when we would have to have maintenance, if any, on it.

Description of Work
Installed and set up our gas fireplace insert.

12/15/2014

Letitia C.

The scheduling was smooth, the service staff arrived on time and were meticulous about keeping everything clean in the home during and after the cleaning and maintence service. A good value for the money and great staff. I would definitely call them again for service in the future.

Description of Work
Wood stove and chimney maintenance

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

12/02/2014

Patricia N.

Evidently there was a large dead spider and web (eeew) clogging a pipe. Stan cleaned it all out, and the fireplace is now functioning properly.

Description of Work
Determined reason gas fireplace had no flame and repaired.

09/20/2014

Curtis C.

Called ahead to confirm appointment Called same day to notify of slight delay (40 minutes past appointment time, 10 minutes past planned arrival time range) Performed and documented work very well Answered all questions and concerns Offered additional services with no sales pressure

Description of Work
Fireplace and chimney sweep and inspection

08/11/2014

Alan H.

Stan and his staff did an excellent job. They were on time and got the job done right. Very easy to work with and the price was good. We had a bit of a "special" circumstance -- a family of racoons living in chimney - they were over 2 stories down the chimney. Stan and his crew did all the work they could and capped the chimneys except for the one that the racoons inhabited. Stan had his team check back regularly, even weeks after the bulk of the work was done and paid for, and capped off the final chimney when the racoons were gone! We appreciated his diligence and getting that done for us!

Description of Work
Chimney repairs per new home inspection, full chimney lining, cap all chimneys.

06/13/2014

PHILIP D or STEPHANIE L.

Great! Clean and thorough

Description of Work
Chimney sweep

05/12/2014

Carrie F.

It took a while as the parts where on backorder from the manufacturer. Has worked great the rest of the season.

Description of Work
Came out and fixed the problem with our fireplace. Needed a whole new mechanism. Took the insert back to the shop and fixed it.

04/25/2014

Jeannie L.

Very courteous, professional, and returned calls in a reasonable timeframe.

Description of Work
Clean gas insert fireplace and inspect for any gas leaks.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

04/14/2014

Debey S.

We were very pleased with the work. The work was done professionally and our gas fireplace is working better than ever.

Description of Work
He replaced the gas regulator

03/22/2014

Edward A.

Very well. The guy took the time to explain to us he didn't have to. He didn't sell us anything -- totally good experience.

Description of Work
We purchased a new home and the provider came in and inspected our fireplace. Great service - personable - professional.

02/06/2014

Chris P.

They were on time, cleaned up after themselves, and were very helpful. The service was great. We were very happy with them.

Description of Work
We purchased a Bid Deal for a gas stove cleaning and inspection.

Category gas logs

01/24/2014

Rodney W.

It was fine. There were no additional charges.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for the services of Stan's Fireplace & Home Service. He came out and inspected my chimney and it was in good shape.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

01/20/2014

Justin F.

We just moved into our home and the fireplace was giving us problems by turning off in the middle of using it. Sometimes it would work and sometimes not. I was a little worried when I called Stans that they wouldn't be able to fix it because the problem didn't happen all the time. However, the technician was friendly and knowledgable. He fixed a problem by fixing a loose connection with the wall switch and took the entire unit apart and cleaned parts of and made sure it is in working order. The only issue I have with the company is that the technician didn't show up on time or call. I thought our appointment was 10-12 and he didn't show up until 2pm. I could have written it down wrong, so maybe it was me, but I thought for sure the service window was 10-12. Either way, minor hiccup, and I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Service call and inspection of Lennox fireplace insert. Fixed a loose connection in wall switch that caused fireplace to turn off randomly.

01/16/2014

Glenda S.

He did a great job. He responded great and the service went well. He cleaned our chimney too. We also have this insert in the front and he showed us how to work that as well. He was personable, on time and did his job. He also answered any questions we had. I also like that he is a small local business too.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this company for: $100 for chimney inspection.

12/07/2013

Sky F.

Pros: - He did look it over and started a fire to ensure it worked. - He arrived promptly and was here for about 30 minutes total. Cons - The fireplace door has cracked glass. I asked about having it fixed. He said he could not help with that, nor could he recommend anyone that could. - He confirmed the blower was blown and offered to replace it for $400+. I thought the price was high and asked about options. He couldn't recommend any brands, nor tell me what brand my blown blower or Fireplace was. I found a replacement on Amazon for about $100. - There is a door seal that was too long that he suggested I could cut myself... I sat there wondering why he wasn't offering to cut it since he was sitting right there with his tool box beside him. - He said he couldn't fully inspect the chimney because he didn't know how to remove a plate blocking his view. He told me I would have to figure out how to remove it before I had anyone clean the chimney otherwise anything that fell down the chimney would clog up on the plate. While he was nice and on time, I'd rather find someone else that has more reasonable pricing and is capable of helping.

Description of Work
I asked to have our fireplace inspected to ensure everything was in working order or for options to fix/replace it.

11/14/2013

JAMES K.

I purchased a Angies List coupon for a $100 chimney inspection. While the inspection was performed in a timely and professional fashion, I guess I expected something more than a brief look of the inside of my wood-burning stove and of the outside of the chimney by the inspector. My chimney extends well above the roof, with a facade around it that might not support a ladder safely, so I understand that the inspector could not place his ladder against that housing on the roof to look down the chimney. However, when he was done I still don't know for certain if my chimney is unobstructed or needs cleaning. I would suggest that the coupon indicate exactly what services would be provided and what kinds of limitations might inhibit a full inspection from taking place. This is not a criticism of the person who came out to do the work -- I believe that he performed a minimally-acceptable job in light of the limitations of structure of my home and chimney. I guess I just expected more, perhaps a camera to look up inside the chimney from the stove area to see if there is a visible obstruction or excessive creosote buildup.

Description of Work
STAN'S FIREPLACE AND HOME SERVICE

09/08/2013

Richard P.

They showed up on time and inspected the chimney. After the inspection, they recommended it to be clean. There was an additional cost but it wasn't unreasonable. They did an outstanding job cleaning the chimney. The way they cleaned the chimney and fireplace was very professional.

Description of Work
Clean and inspect Chimney.

04/06/2013

Claudia T.

As I mentioned he missed the first appointment and they rescheduled. When he did arrive he was efficient and very through. Everything works just fine.

Description of Work
Cleaned my fireplace insert. Missed the first appointment but did a great job when he arrived.

04/03/2013

Deborah S.

They were professional and the job was well done.

Description of Work
The cost was $250 to seal a chimney part accessible on the roof which rodents were using to enter/exit my attic. The job entailed an inspection which determined the chimney components (the "collar" I think) that was not sealed properly. Stan's Fireplace Service sealed the collar and it helped a lot, but not completely. Rodents were still heard in the attic (but to a lesser degree).

Category chimney repair