JWA LANDSCAPE & CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1981 • With Angi since September 2007

2048 Portsmouth Dr

El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

Established in 1981 and a past winner of the Super Service Award, JWA Landscape & Concrete Construction was voted #1 for landscaping in El Dorado Hills, California and has been serving Sacramento County for over 30+ years. JWA Landscape & Concrete Construction specializes in everything from

02/27/2020

Chris G.

We hired JWA end of last year to complete a full front and backyard revamp. Not only was the owner John and his team extremely professional to work with, but they created the backyard of our dreams! They went above and beyond our expectations, and I can't wait to enjoy our backyard more this summer. They created a fireplace, outdoor kitchen, pergola, seating area, full landscaping, water features, pavers, concrete, etc. It's truly an oasis and worth every cent! JWA has been in business for a very long time in El Dorado Hills and you're guaranteed a great experience if you go with them. Thank you JWA!!

Description of Work
Complete front and backyard revamp

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, fireplaces, hardscaping, stamped concrete, outdoor kitchens

02/27/2020

Jerry A.

John and his crew were very professional in the execution of all stages of the work. From the bid to the final clean up, were are very happy with their work. I would highly recommend them to all I know...

Description of Work
Removal and replacement of a pool deck

Category concrete repair, decks

02/26/2020

Chelsea Y.

JWA was amazing. The workers were so experienced and professional and we felt involved every step of the way. We had a lot of rock in our backyard and even with the unexpected set backs....John and the rest of the workers kept us informed and did everything they could to keep the cost at the original price. The contract we signed really set out when we paid what we did and the progress was quick and exactly what we hoped for! I would recommend JWA to anyone and would use them again in a second!

Description of Work
Complete backyard renovation

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, lawn service, masonry, pavers, gravel, stamped concrete

03/08/2019

Shane W.

It took them 2 weeks to respond to my request

Description of Work
Yard clean up

Category lawn service

Hi [Member Name Removed], We apologize for not responding to you in a more timely manner. We do not check Angie's List that much. To best get in touch with us, please contact us via our phone number 916-4965-1713 or jwalandscaping@gmail.com It is unfortunate you left us an F review, considering you have not received our services. We hope you reconsider and give us a chance. Thank you.

01/03/2019

Gerald T.

Never heard from them. Why would JWA Landscape call me from Texas when I live in California?

Description of Work
no work was done

Category landscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed], We apologize and are not sure why you received a call from Texas? Our business is based in El Dorado Hills, Ca. Can you please elaborate more on why the F rating since you haven't received our services? We are a small business and reviews like this directly impact our rating. If you would like to get in contact with us, please contact our office: 916-933-6086 or my cell 916-496-1713. You can also e-mail us at jwalandscapin@gmail.com Thank you!

02/21/2018

Jesse N.

Scheduled an appt with John two weeks ago. Attempted to communicate project details at time the appt was scheduled, but he was in a hurry. Appt window was 11am-1pm. Since I hadn't heard from him by noon, I called to get an ETA. Response: "oh, was just about to call you to tell you I was running late." We discuss pushing it back 1-2 hours, but he's reluctant since it interferes with other appts (apparently more important). Then adds that the drive time (20-30 min) is just a killer, and he's swamped. Next he ask me about the project details. Once shared, he proceeds with canned response of 'that's smaller than my typical job, and I don't think I'm going to be the right fit." That would have been an acceptable response on the first phone call, but since I went to the effort of scheduling an appt, and coming home early from work to meet a no-show contractor who then cancelled the appt over the phone, necessary to share my opinion with other prospective customers: JWA is a typical flaky contractor, don't waste your time.

Description of Work
Pavers & Concrete

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

02/05/2017

Alyson R.

JWA was punctual, efficient, professional, knowledgeable, easy to work with and I would use them again. They were a tad more expensive than some firms, but you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
JWA demolished an old patio and poured a one, added raised planters made of brick, removed and replaced an old patio cover, converted part of our sprinkler system to a drip system, removed old vegetation and planted new shrubs, refreshed and sealed the decomposed granite in our yard.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

09/30/2016

VIJAY J.

Actually we are not going with their services because their pricing was quite high compared to some other landscapers that we found.

Description of Work
I received an estimate JWA Landscape & Concrete Construction for landscaping services.

Category landscaping

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are booked up for 4 months right now and that may have been why are prices are a bit more right now.

09/16/2016

kevin K.

Left a message and they never returned my call.

Description of Work
Some minor re-grading is needed in my front yard.

Category landscaping

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are booked up for 4 months right now.

02/08/2016

Krista M.

Description of Work
JWA completely re-landscaped our front yard, to include new custom concrete driveway, walkway and front porch, low water landscaping, lighting, irrigation and drainage. They were professional and responsive. They completed the job on time and at the estimated cost. The yard looks beautiful and the drainage is working as promised. Thank you John and Dave!

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, electrician, landscaping, irrigation systems, lighting, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

09/23/2015

JIM R.

05/14/2015

Greg O.

Description of Work
Tree and stump removal. Fence removal and rebuild. Small paver sitting area. New grass.

05/05/2015

Margaret W.

Fantastic from start to finish. The quality of the workmanship was superb, the prices fair for the level of work performed, the crew reliable and very capable and the supervision including the boss, excellent to work with. This job lasted around two months and involved setting block to plan, cutting and setting around a ton and a half of stone by hand, installing drip and other irrigation, working with other contractors for custom fencing and area preparation, delivery and placement of soil, and coordination on purchase of plants. Overall, a very well executed job...STRONGEST RECOMMENDATION!

Description of Work
Built an English Garden with raised beds of stone, drainage and irrigation on an existing half basketball court.

04/30/2015

Dena K.

Description of Work
We called John Anderson as one of three quotes we sought for landscaping. He was by far the most direct, responsive and detail-oriented of the three. Although his bid was the highest, it does not necessarily mean we will not use him ( he may know things others don't!). We are regrouping at this point and re-casting our design, and we were so impressed with John that we plan to ask him to re-bid on a different, more precise set of plans that will entail structural drawings, along with others we will select during the bid process.

04/30/2015

Dave P.

Description of Work
Our rear fence blew down, prompting a complete backyard makeover. John quickly responded to our call, drew up a landscape plan and provided a bid. We did not receive other bids on this project. JWA removed the majority of our 25 year old landscape including trees, plants and concrete. They installed iron fencing, 1100' of stamped concrete, a concrete seat wall, mow strip, new drainage, trees, shrubs, drought tolerant grass and low-voltage lighting. Very professional crew including Mel, who provided plant recommendations, and Dave, the foreman, who kept us updated on the job's progress. The crew showed up promptly and finished the job weeks ahead of the two month estimate. We love our new backyard and highly recommend JWA Landscape.

04/16/2015

Daniel D.

Description of Work
JWA Landscape is exceptional. John Anderson is a quality professional who listens attentively and delivers on time and as expected.

04/02/2015

Susan W.

Description of Work
Couldn't stop by for over a week after being contacted, then was very impersonal while looking at the yard and providing an estimate. Asked few questions, offered no input, stated the quote of just over $20k and asked in the same breath if we wanted to get started. Wasn't rude, but very impersonal. We ended up going with another vendor who made us feel like they were a part of the transformation of our back yard.

04/22/2014

Claudia T.

Description of Work
Landscaped backyard. New lawn, new irrigation system, trees and plants on slope. Did a great job...very pleased.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

01/30/2014

Marilyn F.

I was referred to JWA by a friend who was very pleased with their work on their recently completed landscape project. My project included a new irrigation and drainage system in my backyard, installation of the landscape that was planned by a designer, a fence around my pool equipment, removal of and replacing concrete in my front entry, and drip system replacement and plant installation in my front yard. I was pleased throughout the process. Dave the General Manager was was a pleasure to work with. What set him apart from others I've worked with in the past was that he was at my house overseeing the project and communicating on plans and progress almost every day. I had complete confidence in Agustin who was the foreman of the project. I am very happy with my completed work and would not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
Irrigation and drainage systems, landscape installation, wood fence, concrete.

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

06/07/2013

Russell T.

They were great. I am probably going to use them to do some stuff. I just use them to get the plan. They were awesome and super professional. The price quoted was pretty well aligned with the market.

Description of Work
JWA Landscape & Concrete Construction gave me a quote for the landscaping work. They drew a comprehensive landscape plan.

03/19/2013

Dave C.

They were very competitive. They were on time and very professional.

Description of Work
JWA Landscape & Concrete Construction gave me a quote for a concrete deck and patio cover.

Category awnings, concrete repair, decks, hardscaping

08/03/2012

Wendy J.

The job was excellent and I would absolutely recommend them.

Description of Work
We used JWA Landscape for landscaping services.

09/05/2007

CATHY M.

The day that the guy showed up to do the work, he told me he had to cancel because he had scheduled another job at the same time. I found that to be very unprofessional and rude. I decided not to reschedule and we went with another company.

Description of Work
I scheduled an appointment for them to do some landscaping work in my backyard.

2Spec. Creations LLCA

All around outdoor carpentry from creating outdoor decks, porches and structures to fencing, Siding, roof leaks, and furniture.

Atlanta Precast Interlocking Paver

Atlanta Interlocking Pavers focuses on Paver Installation. As Certified contractors & CSLB licensed we are Experts at designing and constructing Hardscape & landscaping. We will create the perfect addition to your yard, guaranteed. We pride ourselves on our unmatched knowledge and expertise in Demolition and Building services. Our History - Established in 2006. To talk about our business, I have to mention the greatest of times that we had in Massachusetts when everything started. We served the Boston area for 16 years as Landscape Design performing the beautiful connection between Landscape & Hardscape. Especially after spending time at PaveTech - School for Segmental Paver and became an ICPI Certified Installer. Now we are serving Sacramento and surrounding countries with all that we have in our hands to make you happy. Best Regards Joe Aquino Ceo/Project Manager

2022 Super Service Award

916 Irrigation

Lawn irrigation, repairs, control timer, new system installation, drip irrigation, landscape lighting, drainage system.

$100

JWA Landscape & Concrete Construction specializes in everything from landscape design, concrete, masonry, outdoor kitchen and bars, decks, drainage, artificial turf, water features, sport courts, carpentry, plantings, lighting, landscape renovation, and much, much more!

Give us a call today to discuss your landscaping project!