ED SUHAY'S ELECTRICAL SERVICE

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2005

OWNER OPERATED. NO SUBS. CHARGES BASED ON AN HOURLY RATE, $130/$80 OR PER BID. TRAVEL CHARGES INCLUDED IN FIRST HOUR CHARGE. LICENSE #842239....

AdeptElectricCO

An apprentice for 3 years going. Starting to get my name out there for side jobs. I work full-time at Aardema Electric which are highly recommended at this site. I follow my bosses ethics, professionalism, honesty and happy go lucky attitude.

CalPacific electric and cable, inc

Full Electrical services, can lighting, ceiling fans, outlets, switches, panel upgrades, solar panel cleaning, Remodels, custom homes, Electric vehicle charging, Bathroom remodels, Kitchen remodels, Granny flats, Water heater replacements, Sink and Sink fossits, tile floors, tile showers, junk removal, junk hauling, drywall, interior and exterior painting, full bathroom remodeling, full kitchen remodeling. Pressure washing. Excavating, bobcat and backhoe services, demolition, flood restoration, carpet cleaning.

Target Electric

Proudly serving San Diego for any and all electrical needs, Target Electric delivers unmatched electrical service and installations for commercial/industrial and residential. New service and service upgrades, power, lighting, voice, data, fire alarms, are just some of the services we offer. You can count on Target Electric to be reliable, safe, and clean. Since electrical problems can arise at the most inconvenient times, we are available with emergency services 24/7. Award Winning.

Offers by Target Electric on Angi

05/02/2017

Fran T.

Great! Our old wiring was in a lot worse shape than we knew and Ed did a very professional job fixing everything. Helpful advice in locating lights and outlets. Very happy with his work. Always punctual, left work area secured and cleaned up during and after project. Would recommend him!

Description of Work
Wire and install can lights in kitchen. Add 2 new circuit breakers to kitchen. Redo wiring. Brought to code.

Category electrician,lighting

07/14/2016

Carlee W.

Category electrician,lighting

09/29/2011

Jane M.

Came to my house to look at the kitchen/bathrooms and talk about the proposed remodel, provided an initial estimate of costs, but did not have me sign a contract when work started. Difficult to compromise with him on $ 1000.00 plus of additional costs that I was billed for at the end of the project, but which he had never discussed with me or provided me a change order to sign. Got easily frustrated, complained, difficulty taking ownership for his mistakes, poor communication.

Description of Work
Electrical work for kitchen and bath remodel

Category electrician

I feel badly to have actually received a negative comment on Angie's List as 85-95% of my work is referral or repeat customers and until recently (Sept.2011), I have never advertised. I have performed electrical work in one fashion or another since the early 1970s and concentrated on residential electrical work since 1999. Since obtaining my own electrical contractor's license in July 2004, this was perhaps my most difficult challenge, not just because of the unconventional overall construction methods and design of the residence but some seriously poor workmanship discovered after the remodeling process began. One of the most difficult dilemmas a contractor faces in working on a remodel is the mysteries of the unknown - what are you going to run into that you can't see prior to demolition. The home was constructed in the early 1960s and the major obstacle for my portion of the project was a low-voltage controlled lighting system from that era (Touch Plate) that used special wiring and switches throughout the home and all the rooms affected by the remodel: two bathrooms, the family room, the rear porch, kitchen, and garage. The homeowner wanted all the lighting in the affected rooms converted to standard line voltage (household current) switching. I had performed a cursory inspection of the Touch Plate light control system and devised a method in which to perform these conversions. The problem I encountered developed was from two things: the original Touch Plate design used separate lead wires at every line voltage relay and every low voltage control solenoid; AND the wiring methods used to make these connections. If the reader desires, I can supply photos of the rat's nest of wiring that resulted in multiple system failures I contribute to poor workmanship by others. Every time I opened up the control panel boxes, poorly connected wires would come loose or disconnect entirely, generally unknown to me until the homeowner would call me that night to inform me of some lights not working that had been working. Needless to say, this was frustrating to both the homeowner and me. Like ALL contractors, my proposal was based on "X" number of projected hours and materials required. Due to the poor wiring presented by this particular installation, I ran nearly three times over the proposed labor to wire this kitchen remodel and I made an attempt to recover some of my time invested in essentially repairing the Touch Plate system. The bottom line is these issues were not caused by my workmanship but because of the design of the product and the poor installation methods employed fifty years prior to my involvement. I made every effort to correct each of these issues over the course of the project AND everything worked when I left the job. I appreciated the opportunity to work on this project as I learned greatly from this experience. I have since worked on two other Touch Plate systems with great success as these did not suffer from poor installation practices employed by the installer of the subject system. I have since added wording in my subsequent contracts to alert the homeowner to unknown issues often presented during remodeling can result in additional charges. Thank you for taking the time to read my response to my only negative review.

06/25/2009

John C.

He was honest with me.

Description of Work
They remounted some exterior electrical plugs. They also gave me an estimate for outdoor electrical services for an outdoor pond.

09/27/2007

ANNA H.

He was on time and promptly took care of the problems. He was professional, friendly and did everything we discussed. He presented me with a bill that I thought was reasonable. He even found a wiring problem that was done by another electrician and fixed it.

Description of Work
He came out and repaired several dysfunctional outlets and switches in my house.

10/27/2004

PAMELA W.

THIS CONTRACTOR WAS EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE IN HIS BID. HE TOOK THE TIME TO RESEARCH THE BEST ALTERNATIVES FOR INSTALLATION OF TWO FANS IN TRICKY LOCATIONS. THE WORK WAS COMPLETED EFFICIENTLY AND QUICKLY. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CONTRACTOR FOR ELECTRICAL WORK TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Description of Work
INSTALLED 3 CEILING FANS, WHICH REQUIRED EXTRA WORK (ONE WAS LOCATED AT TOP OF TWO STORY ENTRANCE TO HOME). INSTALLED NEW ELECTRICAL SWITCHES AND BOXES IN NEWLY REMODELED KITCHEN AREA. HUNG NEW FIXTURE IN KITCHEN.

Category electrician

SERVICE PANEL UPGRADES, PHONE, CABLE TV WIRING, RESIDENTIAL TROUBLE SHOOTING, NEW CONSTRUCTION, REMODELING, SOUND SYSTEMS, RECESSED OR SPECIAL LIGHTING, CEILING FANS, ETC.

COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL.