Considerate Tree Care Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since November 2004

Considerate Tree Care Inc.has been a tree preservation minded service for over 30 years. We follow up-to-date tree trimming practices and use modern equipment such as bucket trucks and chippers for debris removal.We also have experienced tree climbers on hand to do the trees that equipment will not reach. Considerate Tree Care Inc. is committed to delivering the best tree care possible. Considerate Tree Care Inc. is licensed and bonded by the state of California. My California state contractors number is 727337.We carry full liabilty and workers compensation insurance. We do structural prunning, thinning and shaping to allow your trees to grow to maturity to enhance your yard ,while being safe. If special tree limbs need to be preserved or to help support a weak root system we offer cabling. Considerate Tree Care Inc. are specialist in citrus and fruit tree care. Through proper prunning and following a watering and fertilizing program will greatly enhance your fruit quality. Considerate Tree Care Inc. also offers consultation and diagnostic services to help correct problems through-out your yard by appointments. Considerate Tree Care is in good standing in the following associations: The International Society of Aboricultue and the Professional Tree Care Assocation of San Diego....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+12 more images

tree service (190)lawn & landscaping (15)lawn care (11)mulch delivering (7)

08/31/2022

Betty B.

His work is professional. His is a true arborist. He was there to supervise the work for 4 days. He trim the tree with the care of the health of the tree.

Description of Work
Trimming the oak tree.

Work Completed On 07/31/2022

03/06/2022

Richard P.

It went extremely well, and I highly recommend Joseph Jonas to whomever is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable arborist. Not only is he experienced and knowledgeable, he made every effort to address my needs in a timely manner. I contacted Joseph re: mature cedar trees which appeared stressed. He was not able to immediately come and assess our trees in person. By phone on the weekend, without any charge, he - asked me questions re: appearance of the trees; - requested I send him specific images of the trees; - assessed and identified the issue with the trees; - gave me detailed recommendations on action I needed to take. I was very impressed both with his knowledge, and with his desire to assist me in a timely manner.

Description of Work
I needed an assessment of what was wrong with mature cedar trees in our yard, and a recommendation on what action I needed to take.

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 11/21/2021

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. Yes it is a passion of mine to help sick or stressed trees. Joseph

03/27/2021

Kim B.

Joe did a fantastic job educating us on the care of three different fruit trees. Great hands-on instruction! He was patient with us, thorough, and encouraging. He kept it really simple so we had a lot of takeaways.

Description of Work
Tree trimming & instruction

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

Thank You, you were good students LOL and a pleasure to work with.

12/16/2020

NANCY D.

Excellent! Joseph and his crew did an outstanding job to meet our tree trimming needs. Highly professional and knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with. Crew was great...real pros!

Description of Work
Tree trimming - 2 day job.

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Thank you so much!!!!! You both were a pleasure to work for and with. Thanks again, Joseph

11/05/2020

Allison C.

Excellent team! Contacted considerate tree care for trimming of my Chinese flame trees of modern age, specifically to remove the seat and flowering pods. Mike recommended an overhaul of trimming to renew the trees growth and prevent Miss shaping. This is a lot more than I expected, but the trees have a wonderful restart now!Excellent responsiveness, punctuality, professionalism, and just appreciate this veteran-staffed small business.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Work Completed On 09/06/2020

Review for Considerate Tree Care Inc - P.O. Box 2595, El Cajon, CA - 39005605

10/26/2020

Nicole L.

Joe and his team were a pleasure to work with. Joe fit me into his very busy schedule and was communicative through the process. My out of control shrubs look great now. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Shrub Trimming

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

09/09/2020

Jared Q.

Joe called me back promptly, and helped me find a solution for my problem even though it was not a service he provided. We appreciate that he was generous with his time and information at no benefit to himself. Will call Joe when we have our next issue.

Description of Work
Pine Tree Issues

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

09/01/2020

Arvid S.

Joe Jonas, owner, and his work crew removed 3 dead coral trees from the front of our house. They didn't damage any of my front garden plants and the clean up was meticulous. We plan to have them back in the fall to trim two other large coral trees.

Description of Work
Removal of dead trees.

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

07/14/2020

ron C.

Joseph was very informative, and helpful in giving me an idea of my Alvarado trees status, & health, of what was needed & not needed. His services were an honest estimation, of what was needed, and helpful.

Description of Work
Did an analysis of my trees health and advised on work needed.

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

06/06/2020

PEGGY S.

Joseph was outstanding. He knew exactly what needed to be done and he and his crew did it. They were here for two days, did the work, and cleaned up beautifully. My trees and bushes are a work of art. I love looking at them now and am so glad I found Considerate Tree Care to do my yard. I will definitely have them back when my landscape needs sprucing up.

Description of Work
Entire yard needed pruning.

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Thank you so much!!!!!! It was a real pleasure working with someone that appriciates the beauty of the trees and plants but understands the science behind on how to make things grow and be healthy.

01/17/2020

Heather G.

Great! Joe spent a lot of time with me, discussing the job and what he would do and why, when he came to do the estimate. Joe wasn't available right away and called to give me regular updates for our start of work. Then, he trimmed and pruned several trees. I came home and was THRILLED with his work. They cleaned up what they trimmed, and all of the leaves that were there before they came. He was very professional and truly understands the science of trees and what they need.

Description of Work
tree pruning, trimming

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

Review for Considerate Tree Care Inc - P.O. Box 2595, El Cajon, CA - 38334862

Good morning [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review!!!! It means a lot to all of us at Considerate Tree Care. We do try and match your needs with science not only make your trees healthier but to enhance your property. Thanks again and enjoy!!!!! Joseph Jonas

01/08/2020

Michael D.

Joe is a highly knowledgeable and responsive professional. I used him when one of my trees got sick at the recommendation of my neighbor and now will use no one else. He takes the time to teach and advise me on what may be best for my trees and landscape, and often times shows/recommends things that I can do that save me money when I have asked if he could do it the work. Just had him assess my trees and trim them. Did a great job! Overall, Joe is a great guy and exceptionally knowlegable and skilled professional.

Description of Work
Tree health evaluation & consultation, tree trimming, landscape advising

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

10/09/2019

Coralie C.

He said he couldn't get his truck up the hill so decllned the work.

Description of Work
tree trimming

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

Good morning [Member Name Removed] , Yes unfortunately I have never seen a bigger hill and felt it unsafe to not only go up the hill but to come down the hill with a full load and possible have the breaks go out. I'm so sorry but it was a safety issue. Joseph

06/28/2019

Claudia C.

Joe and his team were extremely professional in every aspect of their work. They never used buzz saws, but hand-pruned and cut the branches. They were gentle and careful with the trees as well as other greenery around them and improved every aspect of the trees, from leaving them looking more open, attractive to being healthier than I'd ever seen them. They cleaned up everything and then some,leaving the work area looking much cleaner than it was before they started their work. Considerate Tree Care was additionally very professional and courteous, above and beyond, with a worried neighbor. It is clear that they are very knowledgeable and skilled when it comes to taking great care of trees. Itt turns out that they are also considerate not only with trees, but also with people, for which I am very grateful.

Description of Work
Structure, thin and shape 1 ficus and 1 carrot tree, and clean up and haul debris.

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

01/09/2019

James D.

Joe and His crew did a beautiful job on our 40-year-old magnolia tree. left the place in better shape then what they found it. Thank you for the great Job. JIm and Susia D. Bonita,ca

Description of Work
Tree trimmed

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

10/18/2018

George W.

Joe and his crew did an excellent job trimming and shaping our 12 year old jacaranda tree in our front yard. The tree had never been professionally trimmed and shaped, so it took a lot of professional care to complete the job properly. Joe, and his two helpers arrived on time, and did a very thorough job in cleaning up. The cost of the service was very competitive. My wife and I were very happy with the service performed, and would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Trim & Shape Jacaranda Tree

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

10/07/2018

Melanie W.

Joe came by yesterday to take a look at the tree and to give us an estimate on trimming it. He declined to give us an estimate and said that he is understaffed to take on the job due to the size and location of the tree. We appreciated his honesty! He spent about 45 minutes with us, though, giving us information on other trees in our yard (we bought the property over the summer) and what needs to be done with them. He even suggested some alternatives for some plants that aren't doing very well.

Description of Work
Eucalyptus tree in backyard needs to be trimmed

Work Completed On 10/06/2018

09/23/2018

George W.

Joe came to our home to review the health of our 19 AustralianBrush Cherry trees used as a privacy screen in our backyard. Our trees were in shock from having some of their roots cut to install a block retaining wall directly behind them. In additional Joe found that a least a third of the trees were not getting enough water. Joe advised me to adjust my watering plan, and to feed the trees with Best Iron 999. Joe is professional, friendly, and personable. I will follow his advice, and hope to have my trees on their rode to recovery by next spring.

Description of Work
Professional Tree Health & Risk Assessment

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

09/02/2018

ROBERT H H.

Joe gave me an estimate on the job to trim or remove two overgrown trees. He had a vision to what the trim should look like and I agreed. Within a few days, his crew took most of the day to trim back the trees and clean up afterwards. Thank you Joe

Description of Work
Over grown trees needed trimming

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

08/22/2018

Colleen L.

Joe is awesome! Professional, personable, caring and very honest. He was the first person that could tell us the type of tree we have (Monterey Cypress) and its origin. We were told by a tree trimmer we needed to have an Arborist look at the tree because one of the branches looked as it it had termites or a possible beetle. Researched Arborists and Joe seemed to be the most knowedgeable over the phone. Met in person the following day and so glad we found him as our tree has been neglected for years. We are doing anything and everything to save our beautiful tree and think it may just happen with Joe's help. He suggested we water the tree daily, then drill holes and give the tree plant food/nitrogen to hopefully stimulate growth. Gave us his hourly rate, but was honest and said we could save money and do it ourselves. We appreciated it, thought about it and asked him to do it, so it was done right. Joe also took samples and asked me to take them to his contact at the city. His follow through and compassion have been amazing. It's been a few weeks and still in contact with Joe regarding the tree, We're optimistic, with Joe's help we're going to be able to save our gorgeous tree!

Description of Work
Needed an expert to access large Monterey Cypress Tree

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

06/27/2018

Laura E.

Joe Jonas is absolutely exceptional, friendly, smart, professional, and truly "considerate." Eight years ago, he trimmed the same elm tree, and I hired him again for good reason. In the elm tree, I have a bougainvillea, which he carefully preserved for me then, and he did so again. People stop and exclaim at how lovely it is--the tree with all its colorful accompaniment. The trimmed tree is perfectly shaped because he preserved its natural shape. He doesn't chop--he manicures with care. I'm very happy with his work, and I recommend him enthusiastically with no reservations! Thanks, Joe.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 06/16/2018

[Member Name Removed] you and Jim are amazing souls to work with. Thank you for the kind words and also the work. I not only was able to help you with your Elm but received an amazing guitar concert afterwards... its still in my heart and heart. Thanks again!!!!!

05/15/2018

Bryan J.

I called to get an estimate over the phone. They showed up on a Saturday to take a look. After comparing with a few other companies and estimates I went with Considerate Tree Care. They were able to get out to my home to trim the palm tree within a few days. They were on time and did a good job and gave us tips on watering and care for the future. They did just what we needed.

Description of Work
Trimming of a palm tree, proper disposal of trimmings

Work Completed On 05/15/2018