Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air

04/07/2022

1830 John Towers Ave

El Cajon, CA 92020

We accept remote payment

Need a licensed and efficient plumbing, drain, heating or air conditioning professional? San Diegans have trusted their homes to us for over 40 years! We have the experience, training and tools to expertly detect and fix leaks, clear drains, repair sewer lines, and to repair, service and install all brands of heating and AC systems. We stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and "Nobody wows clients like we do!" Before you decide who gets your business, there are a few more things you should know about us: - We are Licensed and Insured - We are a woman-owned, family business. We take pride in our policies and procedures that ensure you get the extra care your family deserves. - We want you to be safe in your home. We conduct some of the strictest background checks in our industry. We even do a personality profile test on every employee... making sure we have the right person for the job. - We offer the strongest guarantees in the industry ... always in writing! - We believe in paying it forward. We support a number of local non-profits such as Susan G. Komen - San Diego, the USO, Girl Scouts and many more. How can we make you smile today?...

4.1

plumbers (711)HVAC Companies (301)water heaters (134)drain cleaning (95)sewer cleaning (36)gas leak repair (27)air duct cleaning (24)water softeners (20)drain pipe installation (10)electrician (9)

04/20/2022

Amanda A.

I want to give Anderson Plumbing 5 stars as they deserve it! The sales rep was knowledgable and thorough. She spent the time to go over our options and answered all our questions- and I had a ton of questions. Even when they ran into an issue replacing our ancient unit, the team stood by their word. The technicians Blake and Christian that installed the HVAC system were amazing- I can't say enough good things about these two guys as they went above and beyond. They were professional, kind, patient and kept us informed all the way. Not to mention, they left the place spotless when they left. The reason I'm giving Anderson 4 stars is due to the lack of rebate options comparable to local competitors. The two other companies we were working with offered the TECH and TECH partner program where you can receive up to a $3k rebate. I wasn't aware of this program until after the fact and Anderson was up front so shame on me for not doing my research. I hope Anderson decides to join the rebate program as it's a great benefit for their customers.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC System

Work Completed On 04/18/2022

01/26/2022

Ed C.

It was very good. They were professional.

Description of Work
They repaired some drain.

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

01/22/2022

Jamila L.

Job went well, a couple of corrections were requested by the city which were completed. I don’t think the pricing was very competitive is my only issue.

Description of Work
water heater replacement, valve replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/22/2022

11/29/2021

Dorothy M.

They did a good job, they were professional and corteous.

Description of Work
Broken pipe repair and Water heater Installation.

Work Completed On 11/29/2019

07/08/2021

Yonghao M.

Yesterday (7/7/2021), I checked Angi for a service to repair leaking water from one toilet on the second floor. Angi offered a pre-paid flat fee of $192 for the service. However, Angi's APP had problem to go through the booking. Hence I used Angi to recommend professionals. Anderson was one of the four (4) Angi recommended. And Anderson was the first to contact me very nicely. When I asked a price range for the service and mentioned Angi's flat fee, Anderson person told me that they were aware of it and they would not go beyond average price one can find on Angi, and they will provide the first class trustworthy service. However they do have 2 upfront charges regardless if they will provide service or not if they come to assess work: trip charge of $46 and checking charge of $20. Trusting their words of beating average price I chose Anderson to allow them to come to do the job and turned down others when I was called. However, upon arrival this morning, Anderson told me the cost will be $512 !!!!! To just replace a wax ring !!!!! I told Anderson person about what I was told the day before and asked they re-consider the price hopefully not too far off what they said, although I expected to pay somewhat higher than Angi's price. With several tries, Anderson finally insisted the price to be $438!!! And $438 only traded a wax ring and 30 minutes work!!! The service person was a young guy friendly and nice. However, Anderson's dishonesty not honoring what they said before I decide to choose them made me uncomfortable. I DO NOT RECOMMEND to consider for service from Anderson Plumbing & Heating Air unless they provide written cost before service is done without upfront charges as such charges are basically to hook up you to their hidden brutally high unreasonable price!!!!!!! I just had submitted a review intended for this Anderson. However, that review might have been addressed to a different entity with same name Anderson. If you see it, please discard!!!! And this Anderson is the one I am writing review to share!!! Precaution is needed!!!!

Description of Work
Toilet leak and was ring was replaced

Work Completed On 07/08/2021

02/22/2021

AMILCAR E.

Miguel provided an out of the park outstanding service. His arrival was timely, I was thoroughly notified. Miguel is very personable. He carefully assessed the situation and listened to our request. He explained the options and the pros and cons of different approaches. We were very comfortable with Miguel, and found him to be an exemplar of the highest level of professionalism. I would seek out Miguel's service, and Anderson Plumbing as the experience was excellent. We congratulate you for the efficiency of your organization, and for having on staff such a superbly outstanding staff member Miguel.

Description of Work
washing machine hose bib replacement

Category electrician, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

01/06/2021

Jean S.

Great! Dylon David did a very thorough job.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace issue

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 01/06/2021

12/30/2020

Leslee S.

They did a great job and I'm happy with the service.

Description of Work
They changed the pressure valve.

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

11/21/2020

Elias Z.

Electronic water shutoff valve installation

Description of Work
Electronic water shutoff valve installation

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 11/15/2020

10/14/2020

JOE M.

He did not put an anode rod in like I wanted. Instead he discouraged me with fear. He wanted to put in a new water heater for $2700.00. I concluded I wasted 4 hours waitning for him and $42.00 for the visit.

Description of Work
I called them out to service my water heater.

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

09/26/2020

Pam B.

We were so happy about the $53 drain cleaning we decided to try them & support female owned businesses, they cleared the drain & left. We had to have them come out the next day for the same issue, we were not charged but Brian came out with camera looked and stated they can dig and clean it out to the drop where it goes into the city line and all the sudden it was over $3,000 but there would be a $95.00 senior discount. They came out again the following day and dug up the yard, they explained that they were wrong about where the city line was, but removed a portion with roots inside but the outside was intact, they told us the camera showed that another pipe had collapsed and needed a reline for another $7,000 and would come back in 2 days for that. The next day we called are regular plumber, who charges more than $53 (remember you get what you pay for) he cleared the roots to the city line & showed my husband the pipe while he was looking at and it was intact with no sign of collapse. Anderson Plumbing told me it would cost $10,000 to fix an issue that my regular plumber charged me $250 to fix!!! Obviously we canceled the reline. Really a bait & switch! On the positive side the crew that did the digging & filling were very professional. By the way we did not get the senior discount we told we would get from Brian. Very disappointed, will not look for a cheaper drain clean when I have a great plumber already.

Description of Work
drain cleaning

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

*** ATTEMPTING RESOLUTION *** Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air has reached out privately to our client to resolve this matter. We will update our response once we have made contact. Sincerely, Anderson PHA

08/31/2020

Johnathan M.

Not good they want to get paid for just showing up

Description of Work
Air conditioner sevice

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

Anderson Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed] for bringing to our attention his dissatisfaction with our service fees. We do quote all service fees upon scheduling a service call. We do apologize that you may not have been offered a discounted rate, or other options of scheduling for the service you needed. If you are still in need of service, or need service in the future- please contact our Client Relations Manager, Erin, and she will be happy to take care of this for you. You can reach her at 619-449-3852 x445 We appreciate your interest in using the company, and look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Anderson PHA

08/07/2020

Suzanne Y.

Here is my story. Called Anderson about my a.c. not working. They came and did diagnostic $68. Refrigerant low due to leakage. Wanted to charge me $1400 for 6 lbs of r410. Also 700 for dye and 700 for sealant. Told tech Mike I was out of work...he said because he was a good Christian guy he would knock off 700 for the dye if I purchase their maintenance plan. Final estimate ended up being about 2200. I declined the repair. Did some research and learned more than my fair share about a.c.. Wholesale cost of r410 is $4-5 per pound. ...Anderson 6 lbs is $1400, that's quite a labor fee. I called a few hvac companies some of who yall ( people on next door)mentioned and not one would tell me over the phone what they charged per pound for r410. I thought I'd use that question as a simple guide. I just had Abraham come and add 6 lbs of r410 for 180...not 1400 🙂 and a sealant for 140 not 700. Courteous, promt, had 2 workers with him. Ac is blowing cold...so far so good. If it changes I'll let you know. Cert. tech 10 years. Anderson....tsk tsk. I am wagging my finger at you.

Description of Work
air conditioner repair

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed] for bringing this to our attention. After reviewing current industry pricing with companies of our caliber- we have adjusted our pricing to again be competitive. Sincerely, Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air.

06/06/2020

KAREN A.

BEWARE STAY AWAY (FAR, FAR AWAY) FROM THIS UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANY!!! TOO BAD I DIDN'T READ ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON YELP BEFORE I CALLED! Here's my "WOW" moment with Anderson Heating & Air. I called for service on my home AC that was not blowing cool air. Their technician, Bernard, showed up did not ask to come inside our home to inspect air vents or thermostat, which is surprising as our initial complaint was "no cool air blowing out of vents." Bernard went straight to our AC unit outside. Verbally and in writing he gave two options (listed below), but ultimately he recommended we purchase a brand new AC unit. (A OPTION): $535.65 (B OPTION): $263.65 (NEW UNIT) $$$$$$$ Both options, in his own words, were to "start unit to complete diagnosis, additional repairs may be needed." Bernard also expressed that he can't guarantee both A and B options will start the AC unit (but of course, we would still have to pay for attempted options). BOTTOM LINE... Bernard told us parts needed to be replaced/fixed, a part was missing and our motor needs to be replaced but it's going to be expensive because the AC brand company does not produce these motors anymore. Below is Bernard's summary in his own words: Completed Date: Technician: Bernard Payment Term: Due Upon Receipt Customer complaint of no cooling. Found condensing unit motor starter bad, no compressor saver installed. Have to start unit to complete diagnosis, additional repairs may be needed. *****Air conditioner obsolete (R-22), recommend system replacement ******** So here's what we did. We called BAKER ELECTRIC to get a second opinion and they are the company that "WOWed us." They sent Caleb, a complete professional, who right away went into our home and attached a device to our air vents to measure the air blowing out. Then he went to our AC unit outside and right away diagnosed the problem and stated "no problem, he can definitely repair and get our AC unit started" and the bill (drumroll please) $288.00... WOW!!! Caleb diagnosed and fixed our unit in 45 minutes now that's what I call a "WOW" TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE!" On top of that, Caleb was very nice and HONEST!!!! SUGGESTION: CALL BAKER ELECTRIC FOR YOUR HVAC REPAIRS AND ASK FOR CALEB! NOTE: This is my honest review and I posted to save others from calling Anderson Heating & Air (the WOW less dishonest company). Thank you and goodluck!

Description of Work
Repair AC Unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

02/06/2020

Barbara K.

It went great. He was very professional and was prompt, here when he said he would be here.

Description of Work
Replace a worn garbage disposal

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/23/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thank you for posting a review. We are happy to hear that you are so pleased with our customer service and professionalism. Serving San Diego for over 40 years has taught us that customers want efficiency and peace of mind. We strive to deliver on both 100% of the time. If we can be of service in the future, please let us know. Just call or visit our site. Our live chat is managed 24/7 by professionals who can quickly assist. Erin Enjambre Jr. Client Care Manager Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air

11/18/2019

Stephen K.

I would continue using their service, and I am satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Regular check and maintenance of the Air Conditioning System

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed], We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thank you for leaving a review. If we can be of service in the future, please let us know. Just call or visit our site. Our live chat is managed 24/7 by professionals who can quickly assist. Erin Enjambre Jr. Client Care Manager Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air

11/12/2019

Anna T.

The technician recovered a couple of hoses not installed correctly. Also, the water tank had, I believe had to much air in it. Made all the correction, and now the water flows perfectly. Very grateful!

Description of Work
Water treatment system was only giving a little bit of water and then stopped flowing.

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed], We are thrilled to read that you were so happy with our team and our efforts to serve you. As a woman owned company, family and peace of mind is important to us. If we can be of service in the future, just give us a call 24/7 or use the helpful live chat on our website (also 24/7). Thank you for the opportunity! Erin Enjambre Jr. Client Care Manager Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air

10/22/2019

Scott G.

They did not do the work. They were one of two that bothered to call. Rooter-man called first so I went with them. I would consider Anderson again even though I didn't use them simply because they called right away. This is the second review I've done on Anderson for this same request. Please note the review is completed this time. Thanks.

Description of Work
They did not do the work. They were one of two that bothered to call.

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed], We appreciate the attempted opportunity to serve you and thank you for leaving a review. If we can be of service in the future, please let us know. Just call or visit our site. Our live chat is managed 24/7 by professionals who can quickly assist. Erin Enjambre Jr. Client Care Manager Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air

10/17/2019

Scott G.

Anderson Plumbing called promptly, but I had already engaged with another plumbing company. So, I didn't need Anderson. She was very pleasant and I would certainly give them a try in the future. Anderson and Rooter-Man were the only plumbers that contacted me. The others never called.

Description of Work
leak detection and repair (residential)

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed], We are happy to hear that you are so pleased with our customer service. If we can be of service in the future, please let us know. Just call or visit our site. Our live chat is managed 24/7 by professionals who can quickly assist. Jane Kugler Client Relations Manager Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air

09/19/2019

Gina T.

This week we had Anderson plumbing perform a Hydro Jetting on our storm drain. One drain they did not clear, and it is still completely blocked, the second one they only partially cleared and had to run a line down the drain to get it fully functional and the third drain was actually part of the same drain that they partially cleared. Anderson stood behind their work and came to a resolution.

Description of Work
Drain Cleaning / Faucet Repair

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

09/04/2019

Emelda M.

They're very good! Their price is not outrageous, they're professional and friendly. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and they live up to that.

Description of Work
They fixed the food grinder and the drain that was clogged.

Work Completed On 09/04/2018

Hello [Member Name Removed], We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thank you for posting a review. You are helping your community by identifying trustworthy businesses. Serving San Diego for over 40 years has taught us that customers want efficiency and peace of mind. We strive to deliver on both 100% of the time. If we can be of service in the future, please let us know. Just call or visit our site. Our live chat is managed 24/7 by professionals who can quickly assist. Jane Kugler Client Relations Manager Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air

08/26/2019

Danton S.

I can't say enough good things about Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air. Due to an illness in the family, my daughter was bringing her 6 year old and two year old to visit. Two days before her arrival, in the evening, we had a massive water leak in the kitchen sink. Imaging a non-working kitchen sink with 2 small boys! Not only did they come first thing the next morning, they discovered that the spray hose was broken off from the faucet: it needed replacing. Within a couple of hours, they sent a truck loaded with parts and had the faucet to match our sink exactly and had the job done by that afternoon. They saved the day! The on July 2 in the evening our kitchen sink clogged. We were having people over on the 4th. Once again, they showed up early on July 3, and found that the line needed to be cleared with a snake, which they did. They also sent over a guy who crawled under our house and discovered that the pipes were in bad shape (we had been having water back up from our washing machine from time to time for a few years). They came and replaced an extensive amount of 70 year old cast iron drain pipes for a very reasonable price. After this, we were still having some backup with our washer, and a couple of other minor problems, so the next day they came out and spent a few hours doing additional work AT NO CHARGE to get everything working properly. They have the most customer service oriented policies of any contractor I have ever used. If they do any work without a signed bid, then the work is free. They are a bit more expensive than average, but their guarantees and first class service make them my number 1 choice in San Diego County.

Description of Work
Multiple jobs