Airmaxx Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since May 2010

Located in San Diego, we are a locally owned and operated HVAC air conditioning and heating family business with many years of AC and heating repair experience. We are ready to serve you in San Diego 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. AirMaxx Inc. believes in the highest standards of technical training. We adopted NATE Certification "North American Technician Excellence" as our benchmark technician certification program for HVAC installation and service. From repairs and maintenance to system change-outs and add-ons, our certified technicians strive to bring you the very best in quality service. We have 20 employees. We do not work with subcontractors. c-10 electrical and c-20 warm-air heating, ventilating and air-conditioning licence. No trip charges. Free estimate on replacement or new installation. No service charge with repair....

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

HVAC Companies (174)electrician (14)solar companies (2)

05/07/2020

todd B.

Excellent service and troubleshooting skills. Very knowledgeable and took the time to explain all options available.

Description of Work
Fix central air unit

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

07/22/2019

Bill D.

We contacted Airmaxx in May 2019 to replace the undersized central AC system in our home. They assessed our needs. For us, we wanted a quieter unit, is is right outside a bedroom, and better dehumidification. The equipment specification they chose was perfect for us. The house is 15 to 20 percent less humid than before, the unit is quiet and does not run all day to maintain cooler temperatures like the old compressor. We had some hot weather since they did the job and it works great. Contact Airmaxx, you will be happy you did.

Description of Work
Replace undersized Central Air Conditioner East County

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

07/13/2019

Patrick M.

Alex arrived, was quick to figure out what was needed to help our 23 yr old A/C and heater make it through another season; changed out the condenser and installed a "condenser saver" to help nurse it along and installed our EcoBee smart thermostat no charge and was able to reroute our dripping secondary condensation drip line into the sink drain so not always dripping on side of house all quickly and for a reasonable fee. Giving us a good HVAC replacement and duct improvement recommendation/proposal for us to consider for the Fall. Overall a fine experience and nice, efficient service pro.

Description of Work
A/C service and evaluation for serviceability this season

Work Completed On 07/13/2019

06/30/2019

Gina C.

Alex of AirMaxx came to our house within 30 minutes of our call. The outside unit wasn't working properly (sometimes the fan came on, sometimes not) and airflow was tepid. The house never cooled despite having other A/C techs work on the system (sent from our home warranty co.). Alex of AirMaxx ran diagnostics on our A/C system and did a tune-up. Within 20-25 minutes we had a nicely cooled house! We were impressed with Alex. Once the A/C was working, he explained items of concern with our system and gave his recommendations. He was responsive, professional, and he solved our problem. Thank you Alex! And thank you AirMaxx!

Description of Work
A/C trouble shooting/repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

05/14/2019

Natexa V.

I chose another contractor. I was uncomfortable with the way changes were proposed by phone/email to the price just to get our business.

Description of Work
flexiduct replacement

Work Completed On 02/27/2019

12/20/2018

Bob S.

Sales person and installer were very professional

Description of Work
replace heater

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

09/03/2018

Linda H.

I did not meet the, in person, but they did AC repair work at my rental property. My tenants were very happy with them! They came out sooner than others were able, and the price was better than some. And the job was done well!

Description of Work
AC had stopped working

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

08/07/2018

Jim T.

They came out on the spur of the moment (Sunday morning). They added coolant but said there was no guarantee it would last long due to leakage (we'd been told this 2 years ago, so we just hoped we would get through the summer, but knew our unit was on it's last legs. The unit only cooled for a couple of days. We decided to have Airmaxx replace the unit. They applied the cost of the service call ($550) to the new HVAC unit. They were able to schedule a crane and install the new unit just 2 days later. They bent over backwards to make this happen quickly during the heat wave.

Description of Work
HVAC unit on roof was not cooling.

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

05/29/2018

QUINNITH O.

The whole process of removing our old system and installing the new one was fast and efficient. The crew was polite, cleaned up all the debris and took away all the old HVAC parts. We could not have been more pleased. The cost was exactly as quoted. And it was the lowest of three bids

Description of Work
Installed a new HVAC system

Work Completed On 03/15/2018

04/24/2018

Barbara D.

I replaced the system with the same product and all went well.

Description of Work
Replace air conditioner and furnace

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

03/24/2018

James S.

The phone interaction with Airmaxx was very good. We were under the impression that Alex would come out to see our place and give us a proposal for either mini-splits or central AC. Instead, Yuri showed up for the appointment. He spent a least an hour with us going over the options and providing us with a cost estimate. But he said it would be a tricky install and wanted bring one of his colleagues back for his opinion so he could do a final cost proposal. They came back the next evening and his colleague said the installation could be done. Yuri said he would send me the proposal on Monday. I never heard from them again. Hard to understand why a company would spend so much time and never submit a proposal to actually do the work. Waste of their time as well as ours.

Description of Work
We wanted air conditioning installed, either central or several mini splits.

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are sorry to hear that you never received an estimate from Yuri. Have you checked your emails properly ? Sometimes emails might go to a spam folder also. Yuri has made two trips to your house and even brought an installations manager to make sure that your project would be accomplished in the best way. It was no reason for Yuri not to provide you with an estimate . I would like to resolve this issue in the best way possible for you . Please call me direct 619-572-6219 to discuss. Kind regards, Alex Glozman Airmaxx, Inc

01/17/2018

Paul S.

a monday morning call led to two techs at my door in about two hours. they gave me a 3 hour window, and called 15 minutes before they arrived. after about 15 or 20 minutes they found the problem to be the electrical outlet. because they were here i also asked rhem if they could install a different thermostat, which I provided. they did that for a very reasonable fee.

Description of Work
furnace and ac stopped coming on.

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

11/29/2017

Amy C.

Our AC went out late Friday afternoon. That night I filled out a contact form on their website and got both a call and an email back Saturday morning. Alex was able to drive out and look at our system within an hour. He replaced a part in our blower and put in a new filter. Everything seemed okay until a couple hours later when we realized the motor was much louder than it should have been. We called the main number and set up a new appointment for Monday. Alex returned as promised and made an adjustment. We are now very happy with the performance of the system. An overall good experience! I will contact Airmaxx again the next time we have an AC problem.

Description of Work
AC stopped blowing; blower unit in garage was humming instead of turning the fan.

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

Thank you! It was a pleasure.

10/27/2017

ALLAN C.

Our appointment window was from 4:00 to 6:00. We received a call from dispatch at 3:20 stating he would arrive around 4:00. Alex showed up at 3:50. He came in, put his shoe covers on before entering, asked what was going on, assessed the situation, then replaced the capacitor within 20 minutes. Alex was very professional and easy to work with. If you want fast, professional, and honest work, go with Airmaxx.

Description of Work
Air conditioner repair.

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

10/24/2017

Steve K.

Never heard from them after the initial visit. Guess they just didn't want the job.

Description of Work
All we wanted was a simple estimate for HVAC change-out. The guy who came out was nice enough and seemed to know his business. But we never heard anything back from them after that. No proposal, no follow-up. We didn't go chasing them around to find out what happened. Too many other possibilities out there.

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

09/06/2017

Ted W.

Two days after the papers were signed, the crew showed up. They actually got here 20 minutes before the scheduled time, which was fine with me. Seven and one-half hours later I had a completely new heating and air conditioning system installed and running. I was quite impressed with the efficiency of the installers. The old A/C compressor was undersized for the my house. The new unit cools the house MUCH better than the old one. I am very happy with the job done and the new equipment.

Description of Work
In the middle of a heat wave my A/C died. The AirMaxx representative (Yuri) came out the next day. It took five minutes to tell me what I suspected . . . time to replace my 40-year old system.

Work Completed On 08/05/2017

08/15/2017

Joanne S.

We were satisfied. Well, I guess it's been about a month. So we can't judge the furnance, but so far everything has been fine. They were very quick to come out here when we contacted them. After they told us what the problem was, we decided to replace our system. They gave us an appointment within a few days so I say so far so good. I can't evaluate the furnace but the air conditioner has been working fine. Actually, we did mention that we had one room that was always particularly warm and they put in additional vents. They just tried to help us make that room more comfortable. It seems to be working. They try to improve your system if they think there's a way to be able to do that.

Description of Work
They replaced an air conditioner and furnace.

Work Completed On 07/08/2017

07/31/2017

Barbara O.

They have reasonable prices. We signed up for regular maintenance up in Spring Valley and they would call up and say "It's time for your a/c check and let's make an appointment." They were right on the ball. They were the ones that installed the furnace and air conditioning in the house. They were really good and when we got here, I just went ahead and switched the maintenance to this house here. I like them very much. They unit here was already installed and it's a York and we're stuck with it. We're going to try and stick with as long as we can, but we are going to go back with the brand we had at the other house. Everybody said "That's a wonderful furnace and air conditioning unit you had." Everyone that came in said that. We had no complaints with it. We signed up for a 3 year maintenance plan. That includes 2 service calls a year.

Description of Work
It was routine maintenance.

Work Completed On 02/08/2017

07/31/2017

Barbara O.

It was very reasonable. They were excellent. A team of Russian men came in and they spoke Russian, there was one that actually spoke English and they told me what they were doing, how long it would take, and all that. Each of them knew what they were doing and they worked very well together. I was amazed. It was excellent, excellent. They were really quick. We actually had the company that put in the units at our present house was the one that gave us a quote for the furnace and air conditioning for the Spring Valley house and it was more than double what Airmaxx quoted. It was kind of a open end thing, it could be more depending on what they run into. I don't remember them not being on time. I would of remembered if they were not.

Description of Work
Installed our furnace and air conditioning unit.

Work Completed On 04/08/2010

07/13/2017

Cynthia M.

They are very good, very very good. Price I think was reasonable. I did not have any problem. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed my A/C.

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

07/10/2017

Christen M.

We called for a service appointment first thing in the morning and they were able to get a tech to our house that day between 11am and 1pm. Edgar arrived a bit early and that was a very pleasant surprise. When we get service windows from businesses we generally get someone to show at the very last minute. Edgar quickly diagnosed our problem and was extremely helpful and provided a lot of very useful information for our AC. He checked the temp it pumped out as well as the freon level. Thank you Edgar and AirMaxx!!! Look forward to working with you again in the future.

Description of Work
AC was not turning on.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

07/08/2017

Denis R.

Called AirMaxx right before closing, they were able to schedule appointment first thing next morning. Yuri, the service man, called me at the start of the appointment window to tell me when more exactly he'd be able to make it. He was very punctual and very professional. Took some time to determine what the problem was. Rats. Rats chewed through the wiring by the compressor, resulting in a short and blowing out the low voltage fuse directly at the system. He had the system up and running in short order, but also checked other components. He took his time to explain everything he was doing and just made me feel completely at ease regarding all the repairs. I would definitely use AirMaxx and Yuri again.

Description of Work
Came home from work to find my AC not working in the middle of the heat wave. All external fuses were good, but the whole system was down.

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

Review for Airmaxx Inc - 1865 John Towers Ave, El Cajon, CA - 35461094

04/11/2017

Paul R.

Extremely well, tech arrived at the appointed time, was very professional and responsive to my questions.

Description of Work
Tech checked both my furnace and A/C. Tech called 10 minutes before scheduled time to let me know he was on schedule. Tech very professional and provided a wealth of info on my systems, and answered all my questions. A/C system needed to have coolant added, so total bill was $270. A/C check- up was $80, Furnace check $60 (benefited from a "package" deal), and coolant was about $130 ($20 off regular coolant charge as I was a returning customer).