Johnnie's Appliance Repair

Founded 1968 • With Angi since April 2005

12018 Paramount Blvd

Downey, CA 90242

For more than 50 years, Johnnie’s Appliance Repair has been helping homeowners throughout Los Angeles County get the most out of their residential home appliances. If you need appliance repair or installation in Downey or the surrounding areas, Johnnie’s Appliance Repair is the one to call. No

01/03/2020

Jean P.

Super happy with my new washing machine! Found exactly what I needed for a great price! Delivery and installation was painless. Will definitely call on Johnnie's again for my appliance needs!

Description of Work
New washing machine

09/21/2019

Andy G.

The service was good and professional. They diagnosed the problem right the first time (three year old whirlpool-with bad thermostat). Came back a few days later to finish the repair. Refrigerator works great now.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

08/23/2017

martin R.

Needed new dishwasher for rental house. Johnnie's had it delivered and installed the day after I called. Very happy

Description of Work
Needed new dishwasher for rental house.

07/10/2017

terry P.

good job did well

Description of Work
fridge service. this is the 3rd time I have done this. please stop sending me these e mails

Category small appliance repair

06/27/2017

annelle G.

I called and spoke with Tommy. He immediately set up a time for a technician to come out. Carlos arrived and took care of the dryer door. He determined that more work needed to be done regarding the dryer vent exhaust coil. He showed us the coil that we had used and it was shredded and torn. Therefore, all the lint from the dryer was blowing directly under the house. Carlos didn't have the proper coil to do the job. So, Tommy scheduled another visit and another technician came out and made the necessary changes and repairs. Both technicians arrived when they said they would, they were courteous and friendly, they got down to business and did the job.

Description of Work
We needed the dryer vents cleaned and a technician to ensure that the hoses were correctly hooked up. We also wanted the dryer door to be repositioned so that it opens from the right, the same as the washer. We have a stackable. At the time of installation, the workers told us it couldn't be done. That never sat right with me as I could see holes for hinges on the other side.

06/07/2017

Terri M.

Repair estimate was more than a new appliance.

Description of Work
We just paid for the house call.

05/17/2017

Diana R.

Technician very personable and professional.

Description of Work
Needed the loud noise checked out. Technician diagnosed it immediately.

03/29/2017

Waenett M.

Johnnie's was responsive and scheduled an appointment right away. They showed up within the three hour window and repaired my Maytag gas dryer on the spot. It was a simple repair and the part was inexpensive. I had used Johnnie's in the past for a dishwasher repair, so I knew the labor would be a killer - it was! That being said, I would definitely use this company again. It was also super convenient to pay over the phone.

Description of Work
Replaced bad pulley on Maytag dryer.

09/16/2016

Gene C.

got here early, fixed it quick. great job!

Description of Work
re-align my freezer door

07/08/2016

Fausto F.

After I had spent several hours looking through youtube videos and trying to diagnose the problem with the washer myself, I should have just called Johnnies to begin with. The technician quickly found the source of the problem and explained that fixing it would cost about as much as getting a new one. I trusted his diagnosis because of all of the investigation had put in before so I guess it wasn't such a waste of time for me to do so. He was able to recommend a reasonably priced new washer and we had it delivered the next day. Overall great experience and we're happy to be able to wash clothes again!

Description of Work
Johnnie's technician came to our house to diagnose our washer, that was not spinning.

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

12/28/2015

Theresa P.

I think that all vendors attempt to up sale and it is buyer beware when working with them, I liked the guy, they came next day and then only fixed what we needed when we declined additional serveices. We would use them again. Price charged was what was quoted on the list.

Description of Work
dryer had stopped working, came out early next day, took dryer apart, found sponge stuck in drum turner. call was 45.00 but told us we needed a new vent as old one was cracked, dad had one in the garage and they installed it but added 25.00 to service call to do it. wanted to do additioanl maintance work ( up sale I think) but we declined. He put everything back together and it works great. took about 90 minutes so cost $45 was reasonable, but think the additional $25 to attach the new vent hose was a little much. But I would use them again as they were timely, personable and did not get grumpy when we said no.

12/20/2015

Virendra K.

They do not serve in my area.

Description of Work
They do not serve in my area.

11/16/2015

Kathy J.

I called Maytag for service when the gas company informed me that the source of the gas smell was coming from inside the dryer. The Maytag/Whirlpool service center assigned me to Johnnie's and I feel quite fortunate that they did. The representative at Maytag/Whirlpool also told me the diagnosis call would be free and I could decide to go ahead with service, depending on the diagnosis and part availability. Marty knew exactly what part was required based on the fact that gas was smelled when opening the dryer door. He seemed very experienced and knowledgeable. This was reinforced by his boss, who wanted to be sure that Marty was the one who would do the service (seems to be their gas dryer expert). Marty was so courteous and prompt for each interaction. His skills were evidenced when he needed to make an adjustment to the current part for my 17 year old dryer. He also was knowledgeable enough to tell me my model was worth fixing (one of the better ones). Johnnie's honored all the parameters set by the Maytag/Whirlpool representative, so all I paid for was the part. It was the best experience I've ever had with an appliance repair service.

Description of Work
Marty replaced the gas valve inside the dryer.

09/30/2015

Eric N.

Nowhere on website do they specify that they don't work on appliances made by Samsung or LG. Just wish I would've known before purchasing deal. Other that that, they were professional.

Description of Work
Nothing

08/29/2015

Kristina O.

He quickly narrowed it down to the computerboards, unfortunately the cost to repair is more expensive than the washing machine. He offered to not charge me because of the bad news - but I refused! He was very professional.

Description of Work
Assessed my broken washing machine

08/18/2015

John H.

Johnnie's service man came on the day requested and also at the beginning time we had set up. He explained that the main electronic board was usually the problem with GE refrigerator and replace it which the refrigerator temp started down . He also said it take a day or so for system to stabilize and to call if it didn't. Well the problem remained and I call and they said they would be back out with another main board. On the second call the service man replaced the main board again and stay for about two hour to make sure the temp stabilize. Today the refrigerator is working the way it should and would recommend Johnnie's Service.

Description of Work
Our GE refrigerator was not cooling properly. The freezer temp would go up and down. It would also run all the time.

06/29/2015

Jana R.

The first call them came on time and called before hand, let me know what was wrong and came back out a few days later to install the new motor. When this was done the machine still did not work and was decided it was the pump. They came back a few days later and installed the pump and my washer works like new. Would recommend this company to others. Very good service

Description of Work
Replaced the motor and pump in my Maytag Washer

03/31/2015

Laura B.

The service was very good. The guy that owns the place came out, and he was here less than an hour. The clean up was fine, he did a really good job. He was professional, he was on time, and it was really nice that he had the part on him. It was really good, and I would definitely recommend him. The price was really good considering it was an older washer, and he had to replace the pump on it. It is an internal part, and it hasn't broken yet.

Description of Work
They changed out a pump in our washer.

10/10/2014

Oscar C.

They did very well. They were very helpful, very informative and very prompt. They were very nice. The service was an A. The pricing was good. The function of the machine that they sold us wasn't what we expected. They were very nice about the whole thing. The delivery was prompt. Everything was great except that the washer they sold us wasn't what we were looking for. We had to return it. If they have the model that we could use, then I would probably phone them first.

Description of Work
They sold us a washer.

Lawrence C.

I have known them for twenty-thirty years. Everything was excellent.

Description of Work
I had a refrigerator failed and they couldn't fix it, we had to buy a new refrigerator.

Peter W.

The service was excellent. He did a good job. We use them on a regular basis.

Description of Work
They take care of the appliances in an apartment complex that I own. Ranges, washers, dryers.

Category small appliance repair

Robert K.

They are honest, they are local. They are very receptive to providing service almost immediately if they are available. I had not problem with them, I purchased the washer and dryer and they installed them the same day.

Description of Work
They installed a new washer and dryer.

09/12/2005

MARTI T.

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WITH MAYTAG WAS EXCELLENT. THEY CAME OUT TO MY HOUSE AND FOUND THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM AND FIXED IT PERFECTLY. THE WORKERS WERE VERY NICE AND DID A GREAT JOB.

Description of Work
I HAD TO HAVE THE WASHER AND THE DRYER FIXED BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT WORKING PROPERLY.

08/31/2005

Robert L.

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THEY'RE DEPENDABLE. WE'VE BEEN GOING TO THEM FOR YEARS, AND THEY HAVE COME THROUGH FOR US EVERY TIME WE NEEDED THEM.

Description of Work
THEY WERE WORKING ON OUR DISHWASHER AND OUR DRYER.

04/23/2005

GEE L.

WE WERE VERY HAPPY WITH OUR HONEST, HELPFUL MAYTAG REPAIR PERSON FOR HONESTLY TELLING US THAT THE NOISE COMING FROM OUR DRYER WAS THE RESULT OF A STOCKING STUCK WITHIN IT.

Description of Work
OUR MAYTAG DRYER WAS MAKING AN UNUSUAL NOISE, APPARENTLY DUE TO A STOCKING STUCK SOMEWHERE WITHIN THE DRYER, WHICH OUR HONEST MAYTAG REPAIR PERSON DISCOVERED FOR US.

Alps Air Conditioning & Heating Inc

Alps Air Conditioning is family owned and operated. Our business works hard to offer the best quality equipment and installation to make sure our customers enjoy the comfort for many years. Our goal is to have a life-time customer. Not a quick sale and move on. We are here to service our customers for many years. We want to be your Heating & Air Conditioning Contractor for life. We goal is to provide 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We will repair or replace your system to provide you satisfaction. We offer No Money Down, 0 Percent Financing for 12 or 18 months. (on approved credit) Senior and Veteran Discounts. Also serving Buena Park, Cerritos, Cypress, Fullerton, La Habra, Whittier, Norwalk, Long Beach, Lakewood, CA.

Offers Coupon

Sean Patrick HVAC

We provide commercial and residential HVAC installation and repair with the intention of building lifelong customers with quality service and honest prices.

Offers Coupon

Season Control Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Brand NEW AC & Furnace — As-low-as $99 a month Season Control Heating & Air Conditioning endorses brands like Amana, Trane, York, Ruud, Lennox brands, & Season Control has been a Leading Home AC dealer for over 12 years. We have the experience and knowledge you’re looking for when you have to choose a heating or air conditioning contractor in Los Angeles to repair and service your AC. License #: 795799. Financing Available.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Available

Repair of washers, dryers, stoves, microwaves, refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers, & cooktops.

Air Conditioning repair