GUARANTEED PLUMBING

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2005

85 Front St

Danville, CA 94526

Guaranteed Plumbing has been serving the Bay Area for over 12 years, although the owner, Marcus Madrid, has been in the plumbing business for over twenty years. We are a full-service plumbing company that does commercial and residential projects ranging from service calls to ground-up construction. Guaranteed Plumbing also has a division (East Bay Gas Lines) that specializes in retrofit gas installs for residential and commercial projects. Guaranteed Plumbing prides itself with not only producing the highest quality plumbing during the construction phases but also maintaining our jobs through our skilled service department....

02/06/2017

Randall D.

It went super great! Travis ended up showing up early (which worked perfectly for my schedule), and after giving me a very affordable quote (compared to nearly 5x as much from some other contractors in the area) was able to immediately run the line and get it done immediately. Within 3 hours the entire job was done and my new grill was working =)

Description of Work
I needed to get someone to run a natural gas line out from my main line to my backyard so I could install a natural gas grill. I also needed someone to install the converter kit that translates the natural gas line to my grill input.

05/19/2016

Bette B.

Got appt for next day. Repairman (Patrick) arrived early and was done in 45 minutes. Fittings were very old but Patrick fixed it all successfully. He was professional, intelligent, and friendly. Charges were minimal.

Description of Work
repaired a broken bathroom sink drain pipe; replaced stopper and lever assembly, trap, and used snake to free a clog inside the wall.

12/15/2015

Steve J.

The work was done in three separate visits. Both Patrick and other plumber were very punctual and polite. Only reason for non A rating was I had to point out that the hot/cold were mixed up on the faucets and one of the p-traps needed to be tightened to fix minor drip. Asked for and received senior discount! Would use them again and have already recommended them to a neighbor!

Description of Work
Replace two bathroom faucets, fix leak in water supply in crawl space & replace fireplace gas valve

Category plumbing, home remodeling

11/05/2015

Charles K.

Everything went exceptionally well. Chris arrived on schedule and completed every task efficiently and without a problem. He was great to work with, and completed all the tasks within the prior cost estimate. Great service and reasonable pricing. We'd definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Installed recirculating pump for hot water and miscellaneous other smaller projects.

09/08/2014

Gerry W.

I called you this morning for a referral in my area. I called Guaranteed Plumbing and asked for a repair visit as soon as possible. The dispatcher said all her guys were busy but one had just gotten a cancelation and might be able to fit me in his schedule. I was promised a call from the repair man by 2 pm. He got here and finished the job before 2 pm.

Description of Work
Cleaned the kitchen sink pipes to prevent further backups.

06/02/2014

Catherine M.

Chris came out and gave us an estimate when we were in contract on our home. He was so professional and helpful that we didn't even bother with another bid - we knew we wanted him to do the work! He always made sure we had exactly what we wanted, and made a great recommendation that one toilet be ADA height for my tall husband (he loves that toilet). Gayle was also extremely responsive and friendly. We will be calling them for all future plumbing needs!

Description of Work
Replaced toilets, replaced broken fixtures, modified water heater release to bring it up to code

Category plumbing, water heater repair

05/15/2014

Mark B.

I called in the morning and they happened to have a cancellation so they were able to schedule the repair that same morning. Chris Hartmann came on time. He was polite, professional, and friendly and did the repair quickly with no problems. I would definitely recommend Guaranteed Plumbing and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced a volume control valve in our shower to stop a small drip leak.

02/15/2014

Rick L.

I had contacted Guaranteed Plumbing last summer with questions regarding high-efficiency toilets. They recommended Drake ToTo II, and so we recently purchased a pair of these. We attempted to install one of the toilets ourselves but found that the water closet flange in the floor was damaged. So, I called Guaranteed Plumbing. Sam called the day of the appointment to let me know he was running a bit late which was fine as I can work from home. He arrived, got set up and started work. He even put down a cloth in the hallway to protect the wood floor! The repair of the broken closet flange required quite a bit of work (had to access the sub-floor and drainpipe) and a few errands. Sam did not charge me labor for running the errands which I thought was really great. Once the broken flange was fixed, the toilet install went very quickly. The upstairs toilet was a much easier job. The old toilet came out with no problem and so Sam quickly installed the new toilet upstairs. Sam offered to take away the old toilets which was nice as we don't have a truck to haul away large items! I felt the cost of the job was very reasonable and Sam was a pleasure to work with. If we ever need plumbing services, we;ll call Guaranteed Plumbing!

Description of Work
-Fix broken water closet flange (downstairs) and install new toilet (customer supplied) -Remove old toilet (upstairs) and install new toilet (customer supplied) -Install new water lines on each toilet

01/21/2014

Robert A.

Best ever! I called them to get a second opinion. First company said my sewer line is corroding under the house, and quoted $3500 for the job. Guaranteed went under the house and could find no evidence of corrosion -- so I do not have to do anything now. Eventually, I will have to rebuild the sewer system under my house, and at that time, I will use Guaranteed. There was no charge for the advice, or crawling under the house. I am very happy with their service, knowledge, and the fact that they are not just trying to squeeze money out of me. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I called them for a second opinion after another company gave a very high estimate. They came to estimate the job, and did not charge for the estimate.

12/18/2013

William B.

We needed the leak fixed today as we are entertaining tonight, so I was happy that the office could get Chris out here at 8am. The bonus was he was able to fix another problem at the same time. Great service very professional. I won't call any other plumber ever again.

Description of Work
Repaired leaky hot water supply line to kitchen faucet. Replaced both hot and cold supply shut off valves, which corrected anotther nagging issue of low pressure on the cold side. Chris found sand deposits in the cold line and cleaned it out. I was thrilled to have adequate pressue on the cold side.

10/08/2013

Henrietta M.

Sam arrived at 2:00 as promised. He explained what was wrong and replaced parts as needed. I appreciate his courtesy and attention to detail. I now have a plumber I can count on. Thanks ,Angie's List.

Description of Work
Repaired toilet tank leak

07/02/2013

mary H.

I wonder if it would have been a bit less cost-wise for me to use someone in the Walnut Creek area. Still, he did an excellent job. I understand they are under financial difficulties as most of us are, and in fairness I think they were reasonable .

Description of Work
He came, saw and conquered bathroom sink.

06/07/2013

William M.

It was a very good experience. I was able to get someone on the phone immediately and a plumber was sent to our house that afternoon. Chris from Guaranteed Plumbing did a great job. You could tell he takes great pride in his work. The copper line was next to a plastic pipe. He had to be very careful not to melt the plastic pipe while welding the copper. But what impressed me the most was that even though it was a tough job and it took longer than he originally estimated, he honored the cost estimate he had given us. I was really impressed. Additionally, we were having our crawl space encapsulated and one of the encapsulation workers had plumbing experience. He said the work was very good quality.

Description of Work
They fixed a leak in a copper pipe in our crawl space.

Category plumbing

Thank you for such a kind and candid review! We appreciate your business and hope that you will call on us again, should you need any plumbing or gas line work in the future. Thanks again!

05/30/2013

Janis S.

They were on time, clean, and efficient. The service man was very professional and knowledgeable. I'll use them again if any plumbing need arises.

Description of Work
Replaced toilet.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review for us! Please let us know if you have additional plumbing projects that we could help you with. We appreciate your business.

04/05/2013

Stephen B.

Initially checked out Guaranteed Plumbing on this website and I wasn't disappointed at all. The problem as I saw it, was a badly corroded pipe leading into the existing hot water tank. The GP plumber Chris, came out to look at the problem on schedule. I called out GP on a Thursday and I had a plumber on site the next day. Chris explained that I really needed to replace the entire tank as the pipe I was looking at was in fact part of same. I was given a clear and concise quote for the work required, split down into cost of parts, labor and clean-up. And once I gave the go-ahead to GP I was given a time-slot for the work to be completed the following Monday morning. Chris arrived on the Monday on time and took around 2-3 hours to replace the tank. The water and gas were turned off for a minimal amount of time. All work was completed professionally and with absolutely no clear-up for me to do afterwards. And a full explanation was given to me on how to operate the new tank as well as some detail on regular maintenance to perform (drain a gallon from tank once a month to help remove any silt... release the pressure valve once a month). You will get complete peace of mind when you call Guaranteed Plumbing... And that starts from the moment you have a telephone conversation with them.

Description of Work
Replacement of hot water heater. Included cost of new tank, all appropriate gas and water pipe work plus removal of old tank and pipes. Plus a full explanation on how to operate and maintain the new tank installed. Excellent work... Complete peace of mind provided as part of the service.

Category plumbing

Thank you for reviewing us (deleted member name). It was a pleasure working with you as well! Please let us know if there is anything else we can take care of for you.

03/06/2013

Richard C.

Guaranteed Plumbing were excellent. They were listed on Angie's list and they came recommended by people I knew personally and their price was the lowest. They were punctual and they did the job correctly the first time and they worked diligently and fast. I plan to use them, they are my choice of plumber now.

Description of Work
I used Guaranteed Plumbing last week. They moved plumbing and did a closet clench for a toilet.

Category plumbing

Thank you for trusting us with your project and taking the time to review us on Angie's List. We're happy to help with anything else that you may need.

01/23/2013

James P.

Same day service, job completed, problem solved. Very satisfactory.

Description of Work
Good experience.

Category plumbing

I'm pleased we were able to take care of your project. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Thank you also for taking the time to leave a review!

01/01/2013

Gail T.

The company was responsive and returned my call for a service quote promptly. They sent a technician to visit the home and scope the needed work, called me right away to provide their bid for services and returned quickly to complete the needed work. The work was performed well and the price was fair. I'm a Realtor and I'll be sure to call them again, for other plumbing needs on my properties.

Description of Work
Guaranteed Plumbing installed a seismic shut off valve on the gas meter at one of my listed properties. Even though outside their usual scope of work, they also repaired a smoke detector and installed 2 carbon monoxide detectors while there, to help me out.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Thank you for your review (Member name removed). I'm pleased we were able to take care of your listing. Please let us know if you have any other projects we can assist you on.

10/30/2012

Barbara N.

Guaranteed Plumbing came to my rescue! I was attempting a simple dishwasher door repair myself and needed to pull the dishwasher out just a bit further. That required closing the valve under the sink so I could disconnect the water line. Well, as soon as I turned the valve, water sprayed everywhere! Thankfully it stopped leaking when I opened the valve. When I explained my predicament to the woman who answered the phone, she got me on the schedule right away. Guaranteed Plumbing showed up within the two-hour window and explained the options available to me and the costs associated with each. He completed the repair quickly and professionally and with a friendly attitude; He even let me do my quick door repair and then helped me push the dishwasher back under the counter! I will definitely use Guaranteed Plumbing for any future planned, or unexpected, plumbing jobs.

Description of Work
They replaced a dishwasher shut-off valve.

Category plumbing

I'm so glad we were able to come out and get your sink taken care of. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a review for us. Please let us know next time we can be of service.

10/22/2012

Steve S.

Went perfectly. No issues. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Extended a gas line for a gas dryer.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Thank you for the review (deleted member name)! Give us a call if there is any other plumbing or gas line work that you need us to take care of.

09/17/2012

david D.

I own a Video Production Studio in Pleasanton and we had a main water line running through our sound stage that occasionally caused noises during filming. I was looking to move the water pipes from the studio to an other location in the building to mitigate the noises. I found Guaranteed Plumbing and project Manager Don Ortega on Angie's List. I called them in for an estimate and they came by the next morning. They Sent out Marcus to do the estimate They made some good suggestions about running the pipes outside the building and onto the roof and then re-entering the building. I called in a second plumbing firm that same day and they gave me a similar option. Both Said they would have proposals by that afternoon or following day. Marcus called back with a couple of clarifications for me and returned the bid by End of Day as promised. The Bid was right in our range. I waited a couple of days to received the second bid, it did not come in so I went with Guaranteed. They came exactly on the date and time they said they would and had the job wrapped up that same day. They even fixed a couple other items in the building while they were here...for very little cost. Funny thing...just as they were finishing the job, the second bid came in. 4 Times the cost + and additional cost for the roofer to breach the ceiling. and patch the holes. Cost was way out of line so I was pleased with my choice of Guaranteed Plumbing. One week after the install. Don the Project Manager gave me a quick follow up call to see if everything was still working and thank us for the work. Great Job overall, very professional, responsive and just the right cost. thanks guys! Dave Dunham Partner ICV Digital Media

Description of Work
Moving Water Pipes from our sound stage to the rooftop to mitigate water noises. Required Plumbing work Roofing Work Removal of old piping.

Category plumbing

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work on your studio in Pleasanton. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to leave a review for us, and hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.

08/29/2012

carolyn S.

I hired Guaranteed Plumbing to plumb a shower drain and fixtures into a bathroom that was previously a half bath. Because our house sits on a post-tension slab foundation, the job required cutting into my concrete foundation and avoiding the tension rods running through it. After hiring and firing another plumber and getting 5 additional estimates, Marcus' plan made the most sense, his pricing was competitive and I trusted his judgment. Ceasar completed the job today, and I could not be happier. I will no doubt return to Guaranteed Plumbing in the future. Thanks, guys!

Description of Work
Install and vent shower drain, remove concrete in post-tension slab for drain installation, install shower valve and head.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Hi (Member name removed), so glad we were able to help you last year. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you also for taking the time to leave a review for us!

08/06/2012

Donna S.

They are good and punctual. I called them in an emergency situation and they came right out.

Description of Work
I have used them many times. Most recently I had water filter bust and it flooded my kitchen. They came out to shut off the water supply. I have also had the drains cleaned.

Category plumbing

Hi (Member name removed), Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

06/09/2012

Kathy T.

Our work is still in progress, so we have not yet been able to enjoy the completed project. However, we are quite pleased thus far with Guaranteed.

Description of Work
Our General Contractor is using Guaranteed Plumbing for the plumbing portion of our currently in progress EXTENSIVE 2 bathroom ( Master and children's) remodel. Having used them a few times before on small items, we felt secure in the knowledge that they would be handling the plumbing portion of our project. Yes, you can probably find cheaper elsewhere, but we believe that quality is the top priority when it comes to this type of work! Our remodel involves new tubs (one is a large corner tub), relocating a shower, replacing vanities, sinks, all fixtures and surfaces. They are also running the gas line for a new fireplace installation in the master bedroom. To date, we have been quite pleased with their services. Their worker are polite, professional, tidy and punctual. They keep us informed of water shutdowns and go about their business in an efficient and non-intrusive manner. Since we are living in the house during the remodel, we obviously appreciate all of their efforts to keep the construction impacts to a minimum.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review us for the work we did last year. It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope that you'll consider us for any future projects you may have.

05/10/2012

Merle E.

Chris was quick, efficient and professional. The entire job took less than thirty minutes..

Description of Work
Replaced intake valves that controlled the flow into the tanks of two of our toilets. Chris was quick, efficient and professional.

Category plumbing

Thank you for your considerate review. Please consider us next time you have any plumbing or gas line needs.