Aquatech Aquarium Service

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2013

8013 Hannum Ave

Culver City, CA 90230

Since 1989, Aquatech Aquarium Service has been the leading aquarium maintenance and installation service for the Los Angeles area. Aquatech has installed and serviced thousands of aquariums in Culver City, West Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey, Westwood,

08/30/2017

Susan G.

The setup took 2 visits because I'd bought the tank and equipment used, and Harold needed to modify some of it. He gave really good advice about everything from what equipment I needed (and didn't need) to how often to feed the turtle. He texted me a few times later on to see how everything was going and to make sure that I had everything I needed. I look forward to him coming back monthly to maintain the tank.

Description of Work
Set up.a turtle tank.

08/26/2016

Kevin W.

I've been using Aquatech Aquarium Service for almost a year, and I started noticing that the bills were high. It got to the point that I was paying $400 per cleaning I asked him about the cost, and he told me it was based on the supplies. I did some research, and discovered that he pads the pricing using the supplies. If something costs $10, he'll add $40 dollars to it for a total bill of $50. I told him that I knew what he was doing, and I would start buying my own supplies and I would have him do the labor. He refused. He said if I buy my own supplies he can't service my tank anymore. He cleans the tank very well, but pads the pricing with the supplies. He's very methodical and cleans the tank well. If you're not savvy you'll get drown in the cost. Today, I paid $244 for an hour and half for labor on 1 Aquarium. I had a remaining balance of $144, which the total $388.00

Description of Work
Service my aquariums.

Category aquarium shops

[Member Name Removed], I charge pet store prices because I buy my supplies wholesale that I charge 4 times the amount is ridiculous! Read your review 4 months ago and I was servicing your tank for about 5 months before that. Your tank was a disaster when I took it over and you bought fish and dead coral from me and did not have the money too pay me and it took you months too catch up. You have a fish tank and can not afford to service it that is the bottom line! I refused too service your tank anymore because I drive a lot and supplies make up for the gas and once you took that away from me I replaced you with someone else it is just business!

06/08/2016

Stephen N.

I recently had my aquarium redone by Harold and he did an amazing job. He is incredibly knowledgeable and a true artist when it comes to setting up an aquarium. Highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
Completely redo my Aquarium.

04/25/2016

Kevin W.

He totally revamped my tank. He switched out the lights and showed me what I can cut down on the algae. He charges by the hour so that really helps out. He also purchases the fish and guarantees them for 30 days, which no one else does. He's a really cool guy.

Description of Work
He works on my aquarium once a month.

02/12/2015

TERRY S.

Hal is PASSIONATE about tropical fish. He's knowledgeable and is concerned for the welfare of the little finny critters that give us so much pleasure. He completely revamped my 26-gallon tank, from the gravel to the heater to the plants, then he brought in the fish. Lots of them. He made sure they were compatible with my few existing critters and now I can sit and watch this new community scarf up their goodies and frolic amidst the fronds. Even though we have a monthly schedule, he came in between a few times to make sure they were healthy and to bring more livestock that had not made it. He guarantees the fish; works quickly and leaves everything clean and tidy. If you want to just enjoy you aquarium, call Hal.

Description of Work
After years of maintaining my own fresh water fish tanks, (and not really enjoying the work) I looked for a way for me to enjoy a well balanced, interesting aquarium, so I found Hal on Angie's List.

04/18/2014

Cindy G.

I will not hesitate to call him again when I am in need of anything regarding my aquarium.

Description of Work
Provider offered me assistance over the phone when I called distraught due to several of my fish dying in the fish tank. He was helpful and did his best to walk me through the tank and try to figure out the problem even though he was short on time and unable to come to my house until later that afternoon.

04/04/2014

Laura B.

Very professional, made suggestions how could improve the aqaurium environment. Cleaned the tank, I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Cleaned my aquarium.

03/19/2014

Lani G.

Harold is the best! After months of issues with the salt water fish tank and hundreds of dollars of dead fish, I found Harold on Angie's list. He knows his stuff and truly cares about my fish tank. He has done a fabulous job decorating it and picking fish that are both colorful and lively. With his monthly service, I hardly have to do anything except feed the fish..... You cannot go wrong with Harold!

Description of Work
Services my salt water fish tank

02/19/2014

Tenna T.

Harold is fantastic! He takes great care of our aquarium, and it has never looked better. I highly recommend him - you can't do better in my book.

11/18/2013

RALPH C.

I have 2 professional offices and have been in practice almost 50 years. I have an 80 gallon tank in one office and a 60 gallon tank in the other. Harold has been caring for my aquariums for almost 12 years. Prior to using him the life span of

Description of Work
Aquarium Maintenance- Designing, Cleaning, Diagnosing and treatment of any problems with the fish.

10/11/2013

Gwen U.

Harold is very dependable and knowledgeable about all the fish he provides. He has a great 30 day policy about bringing any new fish and calls to make sure that the fish are doing well. I love how he gives the rooms that the aquariums are in such wonderful color with the variety of fish he brings. We have developed a great working relationship and he gets along with all the staff. When we moved offices he was available to make help us move both fish tanks. I would definitely recommend his services to any person interested in buying aquariums for their home or office.

Description of Work
Harold has been servicing the office aquariums for over 15 years. We have two fresh water aquariums. One is a 50 gallon tank and the other is a 20 gallon tank. He comes once a month to clean the tank and supplies us with every thing we need; from fish food to filter materials.

09/21/2013

Stephen S.

Our conversation went really well.

Description of Work
Harold wasn't able to help me since I have a reef tank, but he gave me great insight in the business and took the time to talk with me about what and who consider for my service. He seemed to be so proactive for his clients, which I was impressed, and would recommend him despite not using him. At least call him to discuss your situation since he was direct and no sales pitch.

09/04/2013

Jay S.

Exceptionally well. Read above review.

Description of Work
Harold comes to my office and home and takes complete care of our beautiful fish tanks. He comes once a month and does a fabulous job. He brings food for our fish, designs and maintains the look and feel of the tanks. And periodically he brings me new fish that complement the tank and create no aggressive problems with the other fish. Our tanks are a showcase, they are lovely and they increase the value of both spaces. My clients never fail to stand in front of the tanks and marvel. Harold has great taste and a very comprehensive background in his field. And he is super responsive. I have been using him for 14 years and in the few instances where the fish are compromised by accident or operator error, he answers my calls and if need be he comes over immediately. He is great guy, offering a great service at a great and fair price. I recommend Harold highly!!

08/28/2013

Cynthia E.

Harold has serviced our aquariums for the past 20 years! From setting up brand new tanks to regular monthly service - he is the best in the industry! We've had two aquariums in our office and two very large aquariums in our home, including a reef tank. Harold has kept our tanks and our fish alive and healthy for years and years. Always a gentlemen and always reliable! Most importantly - he really knows his stuff. We used other companies before him and NO ONE else knows how to take care of fish and fish tanks like Harold. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants a true showcase of an aquarium.

Description of Work
Aquarium services

08/22/2013

Annie J.

Harold is great! He has been working with us for more than 9 months now. He provides the perfect package for a busy family that loves their aquarium. He is scheduled to come on a monthly basis at which time he does a water change, filter change, cleans the tank of any algae, replacing dirty coral with clean coral if necessary, etc. He also supplies the fish with a 30-day guarantee, supplies the fish food and has 24-hour emergency service. Harold is extremely knowledgable, reliable and reasonable for the services he provides. We are fortunate to have found him! :)

Description of Work
Harold provides personalized full service regarding aquariums. We think he is the best!

08/07/2013

Jay K.

Harold has been taking care of my koi pond for the last 12 years -- ever since I have bought my house. When my gardener foolishly sprayed the front yard for white flies, and came home from work and saw a giant dead koi floating on top of the water (at 7pm_-- I called Harold. He was there in 20 minutes, removed all the koi, drained and scrubbed the pond, re-filled it, and saved all the other fish. Amazing.! Another time, the pump stopped working -- Harold was there on a dime to fix it. While I was on vacation, the pond started leaking -- the water was going down to nearly nothing. Harold was there in moments, fixed the pipe, refilled the pond, and once again saved the 15 giant koi. I've never had a service man so devoted to his customers and willing to resolve any emergency at any time of the day or night -- even on holidays! He is just wonderful!

Description of Work
Harold changes the water and filter monthly and cleans the walls of a koi pond that houses 15 Giant Koi Fish. He also makes sure the filter and pump are always working.

08/05/2013

Debbie H.

Run by Harold, who has been cleaning my tank for 14 years. He is very dependable, trustworthy and punctual. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Cleaned the fish tank, decorate tank, add fish as needed.

08/01/2013

Belinda H.

Harold always does an amazing job. His experience speaks for himself.

Description of Work
Harold has been serving our fish tank for over 12 years. He always has our tank looking beautiful. I highly recommend Harold, you can trust him. He is reliable and punctuational.

07/24/2013

Mahshid E.

great job well done

Description of Work
Clean and maintain the fish tank

07/19/2013

Ling C.

Consistently well...his monthly maintenance services are always professional and top rate. Harold keeps our fishtank looking amazing!

Description of Work
Anyone who walks in our house compliments our fishtank...it is the centerpiece of our living room and Harold at AquaTech keeps it looking amazing. He comes once a month to maintain the tank and check on the fish. What is truly special about his service is that not only is he really knowledgeable about fish and tanks, but he genuinely cares about the well-being of the fish. He always looks for a solution if ever there is an issue and he is incredibly responsive should a problem arise. I highly recommend AquaTech for anything to do with fish and aquariums.

07/16/2013

Ken K.

Harrold has handled our salt water aquarium needs for many years and always done a first class job. He has gotten us fish that are quite spectacular. He trained a man working for me to do some of the cleaning work and he supports his efforts by cleaning the alternate sets of coral and providing the best fish food, etc. He also helps our man solve any equipment problems. He is truly an expert in his field.

Description of Work
Provides fish food, services the coral and cleans the tank when needed.

07/12/2013

Connie C.

Everything has gone well since we stated with Aquatech. No complaints.

Description of Work
He cleans our aquarium every other week. He decorated it beautifully. He purchases our fish and helps us to maintain them. Since hiring him we have had so many compliments on our aquarium and our fish.

07/12/2013

Lynda M.

Harold (Aquatech) comes every month to maintain my fish tank, which is a 40 gallon freshwater tank. He has been taking care of my tank since 1999 or 2000. He can be in my house alone, because he is extremely professional and trustworthy. When I upgraded my tank years ago, he helped me pick the new tank and what it needed to operate at optimal level. I have moved twice over the years, and he came to move the tank and make sure the fish did not get too stressed. I have had great success with my fish and if ever anything goes wrong, I know Harold is just a phone call away.

Description of Work
Harold maintains my tank every month, and also helps me acquire new fish when it's time. In the case of an emergency (power goes out, fish appear lackluster, etc.), he will come out and check to see what the problem is. I trust him completely!

Aquariums

Aquatech Aquarium Service provides aquarium design, installation, and maintenance service in Culver City, Manhattan Beach, Santa Monica, Westwood, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey, and the surrounding Los Angeles areas. We service freshwater and saltwater aquariums and Koi Ponds in homes and businesses, with 24-hour emergency service if you need it. Our tropical fish are guaranteed for 30 days. We move aquariums, too. Choose from weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly maintenance options.

Sorry we do not finance any aquariums.