ANCLA Wood Flooring

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2009

Visit my website to see my work! Byron's Hardwood Flooring offers: new installations of Prefinished/Unfinished wood floors, Solid wood floors, Engineered wood floors, Laminates Floors, Cork Resilient flooring, VCT Flooring, Carpet tile, Concrete epoxy coating. Repairs, Stairs, Complete sanding & refinishing of hardwood floors, Base molding installation & Crown molding installation, Now offering at no cost, Dust Less Service. My primary business phone number is (310) 740-0403 email address byrongm7@gmail.com ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+12 more images

hardwood floors (22)flooring (11)handyman (52)woodworking (12)door installation (9)plumbers (9)interior painting (8)house painting (7)drywall (7)appliance repair (6)screen repair (4)roofing (4)

08/13/2021

Maria A.

Amazing - Byron and Pedro were punctual, courteous, and the job they did was nothing short of impeccable. My floors look fantastic and can’t recommend them enough!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Category appliance repair, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

It was my pleasure to work for this amazing customer. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

05/15/2021

Beverly M.

Excellent. Byron was punctual and offered me a competitive quote from the start. Throughout the project he was forthcoming and pointed out any area he anticipated would not sand to his standard (floors are 73 years old). There were never surprises. He sent photos of the progress regularly and walked me through the project daily. I’m satisfied with the results and grateful he made suggestions from the beginning. In general, he’s an honest contractor and a nice guy to work with. Photos attached were taken during the project; not final.

Description of Work
Refinish, stain and polish on 73 yo wood flooring in LR, Bedrooms. Install laminate flooring in bath and kitchen.

Category appliance repair, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

Review for ANCLA Wood Flooring - 4460 Overland Ave, Culver City, CA - 39332899

As a flooring contractor, serving people like Ms. [Member Name Removed] is my duty. but it was particularly a pleasure working for her, Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]

04/29/2021

Michelle R.

Excellent! Estimates were received for a few options and contingencies. Worked with products we preferred, and was able to address unexpected additional work needed, with minimal impact to timelines. Addressed all concerns to our satisfaction. We are very happy with the quality of work and final results! Plan to have them do more work in the future.

Description of Work
new floors

Category appliance repair, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

Review for ANCLA Wood Flooring - 4460 Overland Ave, Culver City, CA - 39312413

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Such a pleasure to work for Mrs. [Member Name Removed] and Mr. [Member Name Removed], wonderful people. Thank you, Byron

08/08/2019

Roxana H.

Byron is quite the professional. We started by his visit and assessment of my floor. He asked questions, to get my price range, my goals, and personal preference. He then gave some options, left some samples. Once I made my decision, it took less than two days for the floors to be completed. I am very happy with the results. I also appreciate Byron’s professionalism the entire time. I highly recommend Byron. I am very grateful I found him on Angie’s List.

Description of Work
Floor Master Bedroom

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

Review for ANCLA Wood Flooring - 4460 Overland Ave, Culver City, CA - 38032557

07/31/2019

Roger P.

Byron showed up on the agreed date / time to begin the work. He first helped me move the large furniture out of the room, and then he removed the existing carpeting and pad. After that, he prepared the concrete for the new flooring. Once the concrete was ready he installed the vapor barrier and then the insulation layer... and then the floor. Byron planned the layout so the wood patterns were optimal. To save me money, he was careful not to damage the existing molding. Lastly he installed the 1/4 round shoe base to cover any space between the existing molding and the floor. The final step was the install of the T-molding at the doorways. Byron's effort to provide an excellent outcome was very much appreciated. I am extremely happy with the outcome. He's a professional that takes pride in his work.

Description of Work
Removal of existing carpet and installation of Pergo flooring in master bedroom, including closet.

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

02/06/2019

Smrithika A.

Byron and his team recently helped me with a floor polishing project as part of my home remodeling efforts. Byron was very responsive on text/phone and came in a few times before we settled on a date to come provide a quote as well to give me samples that I could select from. He is based in Culver City and yet made the trip out to Pasadena a few times to help with making sure I was comfortable with the sample selection. He was very prompt and responsive during scheduling especially when I had to move the date a few times due to delays in remodeling. His team was prompt and came in as scheduled, did a great job and provided me regular updates during the process. They also use dustless equipment and did not leave any dust on the walls as a result of the polishing. They were very professional and I would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Floor Polishing for living and Dining Room

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

Thank you so much, Was a pleasure to served you. Byron

11/19/2018

Richard R.

Perfect. Byron did everything himself. He is very reliable and the work he did was top notch. I had 90 year old hardwood floors that were worn, but fine except for some damaged sections near a window. He replaced the damaged sections, secured some loose planks, and made everything blend together. The floor kept its vintage charm but is no longer damaged. I'm very happy with the results and the service.

Description of Work
Replace damaged sections of hardwood flooring, light sanding of entire floor, and refinish hardwood floor.

Work Completed On 10/20/2018

Thank you so much, was a pleasure to served you. Byron

10/22/2018

Sylvia M.

Byron was very accommodating in scheduling the job. His estimate was also very reasonable and less than our other choice. The work was of great quality and worth the price.

Description of Work
We bought a house and had the hardwood flooring sanded and restained, with some repair work done in areas that had been damaged by pet urine.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

07/29/2018

Belinda B.

Byron was very courteous and professional from the first time we spoke. His bid was reasonable for the work that needed to be done. He showed up on time and completed the work required and even went the extra mile and applied a second glue to make sure the problem was abated.

Description of Work
Our hardwood floor was squeaking and needed to be re-glued.

Work Completed On 07/28/2018

07/02/2018

Martha B.

Byron provided exceptional service from initial bid to finished project. On time, friendly, efficient and flexible, Byron's work was flawless. His bid was competitive, his response to questions and details were always prompt and explanatory, and he worked both quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Entire 1500 square foot house with original hardwood floors refinished with new stain color.

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

Thank you so much Ms [Member Name Removed]!!! It was my pleasure to serve you. Byron

01/05/2017

Danielle M.

We appreciated Bryan (Gonzalez Flooring) for his responsibility and punctuality to deliver the work. He actually was the only one (we had several other estimates for the work) who took the time to closely look at the whole house, measure everything and discuss potential problems for laying the floor (as, for example, with the dishwasher that was too low for adding a wood floor). Nobody else had paid that much attention to laying the groundwork before starting work. Together and with some discussion, we found a solution to laying wood under the dishwasher. The floors look beautiful and we are happy with the result. The new wood matches the "old" one very well. The one and only thing was that the floors did not shine as much as we thought it would. Perhaps we are just not understanding woodwork but we wanted more of a gloss on the floor and for the floors to shine more (we have seen such floors). Maybe they were rushing the job in order to finish before the deadline (they finished a few days before the deadline).

Description of Work
Install new hardwood floor in kitchen and breakfast nook; sand and varnish existing hardwood floor throughout rest of house.

Work Completed On 11/28/2016

Thank you Ms [Member Name Removed]!!! It was my pleasure to serve you. Byron

09/15/2015

Harrison S.

Byron is the best. Not only is he very detailed oriented and does fantastic work, but he also really cares about his clients. Every step of my long renovation Byron made sure to understand my vision, and make sure we were both on the same page. I cannot wait to work with Byron again on more renovation projects.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting, wood floor installation, bathroom and kitchen tiling, installed a fire pit

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/04/2015

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]!!! It was my pleasure to serve you.Byron

12/14/2014

Stacy G.

I received a very good price for the work required. They made sure to communicate status every day. They took the extra time required to make sure my floors turned out beautiful. They were willing to work around my schedule as well.

Description of Work
Removed old hardwood floors, found matching floors, ordered new floors, installed, and finished floors. They also installed base moulding.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

11/13/2014

Saam S.

Wanted to fix a few things around the house but I gave up at the end. I like to get response fast and he was not fast enough.

Description of Work
Not very good at returing calls.

Work Completed On 09/24/2014

10/26/2014

Caroline D.

I've hired Byron in the past and he has always done great work for us. Our treehouse required repaired (some pieces of wood supporting the foundation were damaged) and the house needed to be fully restained. The work turned out great. On short notice, Byron came and installed our new under the range microwave. It was literally sitting next to our fireplace for at least (thought we could do it ourselves) before we made the call for help to Byron. I'd use him again (and soon will!) and highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Byron re-stained and repaired our treehouse, installed our new microwave, and replaced our sump pump.

Category appliance repair, handyman service, plumbing, fireplaces, house painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2014

08/11/2014

Angie M.

He fixed some cracks and his quality of work was fine. later, I sent a signed note that I accept his proposal, but he didn’t follow up. I didn’t have any issues with him, but he should have at least sent a message that he is not ready.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from him for painting around the windows, fixing cracks and some patching.

Category window treatments, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/08/2014

07/07/2014

Marcus (Slim) F.

Prior to meeting up with Bryon regarding the work I needed to have done, I explained to him how I had been burned by "contractors/handymen" on a recent project. My intent was to be as transparent about the work that needed to have done by July 1, 2014 (painting, floors, baseboards). After meeting with Byron my wife and I felt pretty good about his "enthusiam" to get started on the job. Because we already had two guys working on one of the other units, I asked Byron how much would he charge me just for the floors as we needed to adjust our budget for the project. He immediately became distant (not returning phone calls, slow to return emails, etc.) and eventually told me that he didn't have time to do the job because "I'm busy with another job right now". W**?! So I emailed him (because he wasn't answering my calls) and asked him what changed his my mind (in 1 days time) and why did he insenuate that he was ready to take the job if he was busy?! Of course he danced all around the question and I never got a straight answer. I'm assuming because he knew that the job would be reduced from $2,986.00 to $880.00 (floors only) and thought it wasn't enough money for him. SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! Who in the h*** turns down money?! Whatever happened to "meeting the customer where their at" in terms of working with their budget?! I'm starting to believe all of the "A Ratings" are bogus! It's extremely hard to find reliable "contractors/handymen" these days, smh! At least those that are true to their word! I will NEVER attempt to use Byron again!

Description of Work
Waste my time!!!

Work Completed On 06/23/2014

06/16/2014

Lauren T.

it went very well. I 'm having him do more repairs for me in the future.

Description of Work
He has done several jobs for me. He did a small plumbing one for me last time and it was done quickly and efficiently.

Category screen repair

Work Completed On 05/14/2014

12/07/2013

Jill L.

I found out the day before new carpet was to be installed that the vendor would not nail/screw down squeaky floorboards. I called several handymen, and Byron was the only one available to come by that same day. When he arrived, he tried to dissuade me from installing carpet over what he presumed to be hardwood floors, even though I told him that carpet was being installed the next day. (It ended up being a non-issue, since we soon found out that we didn't have hardwood floors.) He explained that he couldn't nail down the plywood planks and would instead have to screw them down to secure them for the long-term. That tripled the price he quoted over the phone. After several minutes of negotiating, we agreed upon a price for the floorboard work as well as odds and ends (fixing a running toilet, hanging some shelves, changing an air filter, reattaching a light fixture). He was friendly and very talkative; I would have been frustrated if I were paying by the hour, but he bid for the job, so I didn't mind. He was very helpful and thought through the consequences of certain actions before beginning his work. When asked to take a look at a sprinkler head that wasn't working, he said that he doesn't do that type of work. Also, he did a short-term fix for our running toilet, but it didn't fix the problem. (He didn't bid to do any major plumbing help.) Overall, I was very happy.

Description of Work
He screwed down squeaky floorboards, changed an air filter, drilled some metal shelves into the wall, worked on a running toilet, and reattached a light fixture.

Work Completed On 12/06/2013

12/02/2013

JANE B.

Byron did a masterful job of re-grouting a bathroom tiled floor. He was timely, pleasant, professional. His developed aesthetic sense makes him WANT excellence in his work.

Description of Work
Re-grouting bathroom tile flooring

Work Completed On 12/02/2013

11/13/2013

BARBARA S.

They are on Angie's List. It was an excellent experience. They were very diligent in seeing that they did exactly what we've asked for. They involved us in the decision making in almost every step of the way in terms of what materials would be used. They were very careful, they cleared up carpeting and wood from floors that had water damage and they were very, very competent. The one problem that was encountered when they removed carpeting from the area of the living room which was one of the rooms they laid the hardwood flooring was that they found water damage so they made us aware of it and suggested what the problem might be. We were able then to call a plumber and repaired it very quickly so that they could continue. Their consultation was excellent.

Description of Work
We had hardwood floors put down by Alto Gonzalez Handyman Services & Hardwood Floors. They finished about 2 weeks ago. They also installed some lighting for us and they also connected some curio cabinets to the wall in case of earthquakes. Byron Gonzalez is the owner.

Category handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting

Work Completed On 10/30/2013

11/04/2013

WENDY B.

He did an ok job, but tracked in dog poop. He turned down additional work because he was too busy.

Description of Work
He put on a new shower head.

Category plumbing