CAM'S SHUTTERS & INTERIORS

Covina, CA 91723

08/04/2014

Glenda S.

It didn't go

Description of Work
I emailed this provider and got a response from Danmer Shutters. Don't believe this provider exists any longer and perhaps they have been absorbed by Danmer.

03/28/2014

Cathy S.

Description of Work
put in new blinds.

12/05/2012

Sandy S.

We have an irregular shaped window that is about 8 feet off the ground. We were very impressed at how well the shutter fit and looks. They were on time and on schedule.

Description of Work
Installation of a very unusual shaped custom Shutter.

09/26/2012

Carol Y.

I called this vendor for an appointment to get an estimate on replacing blinds with shutters in our home. When I called Cam's I was told that Cam's had recently merged with Danmer Shutters. Cam's is now representative/dealer for Danmer and the product is manufactured by Danmer at their factory in Van Nuys, CA. Phillip from Danmer arrived about a week later to give us an estimate. He brought multiple samples and gave us a complete overview of the products available. He was professional, extremely knowledgeable and had been one of the original co-owners of Cam's Shutters. We selected the shutters we wanted and Phillip provided us with an estimate. A week later Danmer sent the installer to the house to take exact measurements of the windows. The installation was done about 4 weeks later. It took 2 days to install 17 shutters, but the installer arrived promptly, carefully installed each shutter and cleaned up afterwards. During the middle of the installation, Phillip came by to make sure all was going well. The whole process from beginning to end went very smoothly. Phillip followed up with a call several days later. The shutters are beautiful, of high quality and well worth the cost.

Description of Work
Installed custom plantation shutters to 17 windows.

07/12/2012

Sean A.

They had a team who came out. They were very personable. We did all the comparisons of large companies with products that are mass produced and made in China and when you ask them to customize them for your house they say "Oh, we can't do that, we can only do thirteen-year windows." That really wasn't usable. So, going with a place that could custom-make everything to every size and they make them right here, not just in the United States but right here in Covina was pretty cool. They are just a couple of blocks away; within walking distance. We looked on the internet and got a couple references from friends and found this really close place and literally just walked into it. My girlfriend was really picky about it and we might have gone into 15 different shutter places. I would give them all A's.

Description of Work
I purchased horizontal, white wood shutters from Cam's Shutters & Interiors. They are 3 1/2 inches on most of the house and 4 inches on one side.

Category contractors, window treatments

02/24/2012

CYNTHIA B.

They are very good. It takes a little time to get the shutters; but I would rather wait for a good job. I have used them twice in the past and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Cam's Shutters & Interiors to put plantation shutters on 6 of my windows and also to put shades on my sliders.

10/11/2011

Carolyn H.

It was very easy. Measurements were taken the day after I called. The installers called eight weeks later, as I was told, and they came early (!) The shutters look beautiful and the installers were polite, quiet, and very skilled. I am very pleased with the whole experience.

Description of Work
Installed shutters in living room, dining room, and guest bedroom.

07/27/2011

Michael D.

We are very pleased with the results. Cam Shutters was priced competitively compared to Lowes and Home Depot. We are pleased to give our business to a local company.

Description of Work
Custom built shutters for our windows, includes installation

Category egress windows

05/23/2011

SALLY R.

Everything went well. They were excellent craftsmen and did a superb job. Of all the people I have had work on my home, they were the cleanest and most organized. The man and woman who performed the installation did excellent work.

Description of Work
They installed shutters throughout my house.

05/21/2011

AUDREY & CRAIG L.

Everything went as planned. I first got an estimate in September, but put off making a decision until February. After having several estimates, I decided to go with Cam's. The price was not much different ,but I liked having the recommendations from Angie's List. The shutters were installed about 8 weeks after they were ordered. Installation was quick and neat and the shutters look great and work well. The lenghty time between order and installation, was because of a family wedding during the 6th week in which we asked not to have any construction in the house.

Description of Work
Redecorating the downstairs of the house required a change in window covering. Cam's came to the house, showed numerous samples of styles and types of shutters and made recommendations. After ordering the shutters, several weeks passed before they arrived and were installed. The installation was flawless, the shutter look great and do their job of letting in light and maintaining privacy.

12/02/2010

Mary Kay S.

They got here on time and when I had a question he answered it. The only minor problem was that when you open the shutters you can see a little bit of white stucco, but you can only see that if you really try looking. All in all the shutters look beautiful and I'm happy with the work done.

Description of Work
They installed shutters on the windows in my living room.

11/16/2010

Nick S.

From the estimate and up until the installation, Philip was very helpful and punctual. He had a great presentation, was friendly and knowledgeable. The price was right, and I liked the lifetime warranty on the shutters. The product is sturdy and well crafted. My only complaints have to do with the actual installation and follow-up. On the actual day on installation, (which was about 6 weeks from the date I signed the estimate) the installers (not Philip) called to say that they were having truck trouble and would have to change the installation to the next day. That was an inconvenience but still OK for me, so I agreed to do that. The next day, on the new-scheduled day of installation, the installers showed up an hour late. When I called them 30 minutes after their scheduled arrival time, no one answered the phone. I called Philip as well and left a message. When the installers did arrive, they apologized and got right to work. For the most part, they were quick, courteous, and knowledgeable. I would have appreciated a return call from Philip or someone from Cam's shutters apologizing for the inconvenience or following up on my satisfaction. All-in-all though, it's a good product and good company.

Description of Work
Custom plantation blinds (2.5", external mount, 4 panels each) were installed over 2 large interior windows.

11/06/2010

Michael W.

Everything went great. The person came over and immediately knew the best type of shutters to put in for safety. We had gotten another quote from someone else but they did not seem to know what we were talking about. He was on time for all appointments and was able to install them very quickly. It did take some time for them to manufacture the shutters. However, the quality is excellent. I would highly recommend using them again.

Description of Work
I have an upstairs loft area with open "windows" overlooking the living room. To prevent our toddler from accidentally falling through these openings we decided to get shutters placed in them.

08/08/2010

Michele M.

Excellent company! We have had Cam's make and install wood shutters throughout our home. The product is constructed in their factory and is of high quality. Phillip is an expert in the suggested product functionality and quality to enhance one's home.

Description of Work
Measured, made and installed wood shutters and blinds.

05/18/2010

SALLY R.

Excellent. The quality of the shutters far exceeds what I have observed on many other installations. The turn around time for the production and installation was good. The owner of the company made very accurate measurements and planned the project with precision. He offered me a wide selection of materials to choose from and very good suggestions about the scale and size of the shutters for different sized windows thorough out my home. I appreciate his thorough professionalism. The installation team was excellent. In fact, the man and woman who installed the shutters and shades were two of the most organized, and professional people that have ever worked on my home. They did exceptional work doing the installation, and they were very careful working around furniture, rugs and decorative items in my home. They left the work areas immaculate, no one would know they had been there. Best of all the window treatments look great and have given my home a more polished updated look.

Description of Work
Custom wood shutters for large windows throughout my home, custom vinyl shutters for a bathroom, custom shades for the kitchen and family room.

03/20/2010

Gloria C.

Yes. The wall for the dining room window is covered in painted glass and the installer was able to determine a way to install the shutters.

Description of Work
Wood hutters on windows and sliding patio doors.

09/24/2009

LOUISE W.

Philip came out and measured the windows, presenting a notebook of different styles of shutters that his company has completed. HIs estimate was reasonable, relative to two others that I had been given, and I was also influenced by the positive reports from others on Angie' list. Overall, I am really pleased with my beautiful new shutters. I did notice, however, that the finish on a few louvers was uneven, so I called them to report the "defects". They were very concerned and eager to correct the problem; an appointment was eventually made to have some technicians come out and attempt to finish and retouch in certain spots. The gentlemen who came out worked hard, even though the finish was never completely evened out (hence the B grade). Still, one has to really look closely to even notice this, and the company really did demonstrate a positive attitude.

Description of Work
Customized plantation shutters were ordered for two large bedroom windows and a kitchen window.

04/06/2009

Karen A.

A rep came out to the house, looked at the windows and then discussed with us our needs. We were shown various options, which we discussed at length. After arriving at a decision we put in our order and paid a nominal down payment. The new shades were ready in the time estimated, but we asked Cams to hod off on installation for a few weeks because we were having the room painted. Cam's cooperated thoroughly and delivered when we said we were ready. Installation was smooth and fast and we are thrilled with out new, space age blinds.

Description of Work
Replaced our old window blinds with new Hunter Douglas Pirouette units.

08/18/2008

MAGEARA C.

Phillip was very professional and listened to my needs. He brought along a notebook with past completed work which was helpful in seeing the type of shutters he'd done prior. I thought the bid was extremely fair and the turnaround time for shutter production was quite reasonable. The installation process went well, and the shutters look beautiful!

Description of Work
Purchased wood plantation shutters for 3 bedroom windows, a large family room window, and bi-pass plantation doors for a sliding patio door.

Category window treatments, doors

04/15/2008

Carol Y.

Phillip came as arranged, helped me select the type of blinds, measured all the windows and provided a written estimate. It all went pretty smoothly and am happy with the blinds now that all the work is done. The initial installation was delayed by several hours due to another job ahead of mine, but eventually all the blinds were installed. A valance was missing however which took another 2 weeks to receive. The installers do not work every Saturday and Saturdays were the only days I could be home for the installation.

Description of Work
Installed blinds (horizontal and vertical) for all the windows/sliding doors (12) in a recently renovated house.

10/18/2007

Barbara & Hal M.

Phillip came for an estimate the first business day after I phoned. He measured the windows and noted several details that would make new shutters match those already in the house, including the style of molding and the color of paint. The next day I phoned to place the order, and just a few days later received a call to set a date for installation. The installer was Romero, who first put protective coverings on all areas near the windows, installed the frames then fit the shutters inside. He finished by filling nail holes and doing some paint touch-ups. His work was very professional and he left no mess at all. It was only twelve days from the original estimate to installation. Previous shutters several years ago took more than three months, so I was delighted. The shutters look wonderful, and I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Wooden shutters were installed in three bedroom windows.

10/03/2007

Dierdra G.

Phillip showed up exactly on time for the estimate. One of my sliders was a special situation that another company had offered to do a special measure on for $100 - no thanks! "No problem," Phillip told me. He could install the bypass shutters I wanted on that slider. I accepted his estimate, and was told they would be back out in 4-6 weeks. Two weeks later, they called to schedule installation. The two installers arrived punctually, one of whom was especially friendly and cheerful, trying to make friends with my growly puppy. They quickly got the bypass shutters installed, but told me the French door shutters were not going to work, and they would have to return. The same crew returned a week later and installed the French door shutters within about 15 minutes. These are really heavy, beautiful, quality shutters. I love them. By the way, the estimate was on a par with another company, which surprised me, as I thought being custom shutters they would be a lot more expensive.

Description of Work
Installation of wooden bypass shutters on three 8-foot sliders and regular shutters one 6-foot pair of French doors.

10/13/2005

VADA F.

IT TOOK ME ONE CALL AND THEY CAME OUT THREE DAYS LATER, THEY LOOKED AT MY EXISTING SHUTTERS, AND THEY COULD BE REPAINTED AND FIXED BECAUSE THEY WERE IN GREAT SHAPE. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED THAT MY SHUTTERS THAT WERE 15 YEARS OLD COULD BE FIXED AT A GREAT LOW PRICE INSTEAD OF ME HAVING TO BUY NEW ONES.

Description of Work
THEY CAME OUT AND MEASURED ONE WINDOW FOR A NEW SET OF SHUTTERS AND THEY TOOK MY EXISTING FIVE SETS OF SHUTTERS TO REFURBISH THEM.

07/29/2005

THEY WERE REFERRED BY MY SISTER. SHE HAS USED THEM TWICE AND WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THEM. THE PEOPLE WHO CAME OUT WERE COURTEOUS AND PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
THEY'RE MAKING AND INSTALLING SHUTTERS FOR SEVEN WINDOWS IN THE HOME.

R&D Custom Cabinets LLC

We are a Custom Cabinet Company, specializing in Kitchen, Bathroom, and Built-in Cabinetry. We Pride ourselves on holding ourselves accountable and delivering a service full of integrity, every step of the way. We are a family-owned/operated business. Our Cabinet makers have a total of 30 years of combined experience. We are confident that we can deliver on the vision you have.

Closet Warehouse

Custom closets, sliding doors (mirrored, frosted or painted glass, stained wood frame), garage units, home offices, and storage solutions for your home. Additional contact names - Fred, David Diaz. Award winning. Additional Phone number - (310) 596-6060. Additional Email - diazdavidat@gmail.com.

Mr. Handyman serving West Los Angeles

Mr. Handyman provides professional, safe, reliable handyman service for your entire "To Do" list is just one call away. That's why local residents choose our professional handymen, who specialize in ALL major and minor home repairs over an independent handyman. Mr Handyman technicians are insured, background checked and full-time employees. No subs. Our technicians have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the trades. We have a perfect record with the California State License Board. Award winning.

Offers by Mr. Handyman serving West Los Angeles  on Angi

SHUTTERS, SHOWCASE DEALER FOR HUNTER DOUGLAS, BLINDS, SHADES, VERTICALS, MOTORIZED SHADES, DUETTES, SILHOUETTES, LUMINETTES, WOVEN WOODS, FAUX WOOD AND MANY OTHER DIFFERENT TYPES AND STYLES FOR BLINDS.