B & G Roofing

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2010

250 E BELLBROOK STREET

Covina, CA 91722

Free estimates. We are a roofing company. We do not use subcontractors - all work is done by B & G roofing employees. We have workers compensation insurance and are bonded. We are also weekend warriors. We have 20 years of experience in roofing industry & service all areas with in a 75 mile radius. CA STATE LICENSE #903492...

01/14/2016

Vicki W.

08/21/2015

Rosemarie P.

Description of Work
new roof on house and partial roof on another

08/05/2015

Robert B.

Description of Work
Provided bids to re-roof the rear of my house (1), add the north side (2) and the entire roof. JR was prompt, professional, and courteous. Job included tear off, new plywood for the entire roof, roofing paper and asphalt shingles. We chose another contractor who provided a similar bid and had recently roofed the home of a friend of ours. Otherwise, JR would have been offered the contract.

06/02/2015

Stephanie Y.

This company is an Owen's Corning dealer. He pushed that Owen's Corning was a better product. I will let everyone be their own judge and do their research. He came to the property, went on the roof, took measurements. After he completed the measurement, he gave me verbal quote. I asked if I could get the quote in writing, so I could make sure that all that he said was included in the quote was in writing. He never sent me the quote. In total I received 5 quotes. He came out in the middle in pricing.

Description of Work
Came to the house, and provided a quote.

03/19/2015

Vicki W.

I spent $3500. It took them a little more than a day to complete the whole thing. They had 2 workers. The owner was here part of the time as well. I didn't talk to the workers much but the owner explained everything to me without me having to ask. They left the area the same way it was when they arrived minus the leaks.

Description of Work
I used B & G Roofing on November 14th of last year. I had some leaks on the back side of the house so they took off all the tiles, kept the ones that were good and replaced the material under the tiles and replaced some other small things.

07/18/2014

Robert C.

All went quite smoothly.

Description of Work
Installed new industrial flat roof on 5 unit condominium building which included removal and reinstallation of HVAC units. It also required working with city inspectors.

07/07/2014

Yolanda F.

Jr Guy was always on call if I had concerns. He was extremely pleasant and on time. He was always willing to work with my schedule. His crew were very respectful of my property and pets. Jr Guy was very helpful and understanding of my particular circumstances. I was on a deadline and right before work was to start, my loan was transferred to another mortgage lender. My repairs were covered by my homeowners insurance and the check had been sent to my original lender to be signed and then sent back to me. It took well over a month for me to receive the funds to pay B and G roofing. Jr Guy allowed me to pay what I could afford from my own funds and was extremely patient about receiving full payment. The work took 3 days and looks great. All I can say is and quot;Thank you B and Gand quot; Roofing.

Description of Work
Removed damaged roof and replaced with new.

06/09/2014

Stacy N.

He did a great job especially in pricing and quality. I went after him to come back but he left and never did come back. He might work on my patio roofing that he did not work on. He came by and gave me this so I could take care of it and he never returned my calls. It was a small job and he doesn't even want to deal with it. It's a little disappointing and I completely got blown off. Originally, the work was great considering what he did on the main roof.

Description of Work
For roofing, I used B & G Roofing.

04/03/2014

Christopher S.

He answered his phone the first time I tried him and set up a time to meet with my wife that same day. He arrived early for the appointment and noticed that my home's front door was wide open. After yelling to see if anyone was in the house, he waited in his truck for my wife to arrive. Once there, she was obviously worried that someone my have broken in the home and possibly still be in there. Jr insisted on walking with my wife through the house to make sure that everything was ok. Luckily, everything was. After the their exciting experience, Jr looked my roof over and gave a fair estimate on how much to re-roof my garage. My wife and I are still determining how to proceed, but I wanted to write a good review for Band G Roofing no matter. I will definitely update if we do decide to move forward with this company and I will definitely use Band G for any extensive roof repair I may have in the future.

Description of Work
Jr came by to give an estimate on re-roofing my garage.

02/12/2014

David W.

Jr Guy was very accomodating and provided very good insight and options. He was very thorough, prompt, and professional. His price was reasonable, very competitive.

Description of Work
B & G provided a roofing estimate.

08/12/2013

Rossana O.

Work not done by vendor.

Description of Work
Never returned my call.

I'm sorry I never got a chance to call you back I've been out of the country one of my family members passed away and I was attending the funeral and helping out with the wake and stuff so....

06/01/2013

Carmen O.

They did a fantastic job cleaned up after them self could not see any debris left on floor or on roof and they did there job quietly, professionally and I would recommend them to anyone they came prepared to work and they did. The owner came out to look over the job his crew did and that was amazing to see someone cares about the job that is done by the Company they represent..... Thank you Angie's list from now on we go to you for any jobs needed around the house....

Description of Work
Put new roof on our house he prepared roof for overlay by tearing off ridge caps and removing all lose damaged shingles & tear off 1 layer at valleys sections put 30 pound felt to complete roof install starter shingle coarse complete perimeter of roof at eaves and rake install 250 linear feet 3X3 drip edge metal to all eaves and rake of the roof. Install dormer vents and painted to match roof shingles install proper roof to wall flashings counter step as needed , apply mastic as needed to all pipes, ducts vents,chimneys etc. Clean up& haul away all roof debris...

05/30/2013

Marc F Q.

They arrived on time and were very neat looking. They left me with some good materials that I could evaluate against some of the materials that the other roofers had. They explained the way they were going to use the materials and exactly what time they were going to be there, how long it would take them to be done and what the end result was going to look like. They were very professional. They gave an excellent presentation. They completed the job in less time. They said it would take one day but they completed it in about half a day. We were very pleased with the service. A very big factor of me choosing them was the fact that their rating was so high.

Description of Work
I used the services of B & G Roofing.

04/13/2013

E C J.

One day tear off, one day roofing. Good cleanup.

Description of Work
remove old roof; install new roof

12/05/2012

Jonathon C.

He did a great job with it and it looks great. He worked with me and helped with scheduling the air conditioner guy because we were taking the air conditioning off the roof. He worked hard and got the job done just as he said he would. He had the best price.

Description of Work
I used B & G Roofing to put a new roof on my home.

11/20/2012

katherine D.

I was very happy with the results. last year in December, the San Gabriel Valley was hit with very strong winds of approx; 80 miles/hour. i was alone in the house with my dog and four cats. my husband was an otr truck driver at the time. not only was it very windy, but things were flying everywhere, the power went out, and it was night time. i was really scared because things were dropping on the roof so hard that my dog and i took cover under our kitchen table. in the morning, i went outside to find palm fronds piled up high in my yard. my neighbor from across the street told me to look at my roof. she could see that the tar paper was peeled off and basically i had no roof! needless to say i panicked because not only were more winds expected, but there was rain in the forcast. i had never had to take care of things like this and i didn't know where to start, but i knew i had to do something because my husband was usually gone for weeks at a time. i started going thru the yellow pages, not being a member of Angie's list yet. i picked out three roof companies and called them. Band G showed up I think within a day or two of my calling them. to give me an estimate. as you can imagine, there were a lot of people needing roofers so their response time i thought was excellent. The guy who came out, his name is Steve, got up on the roof, measured, and i beieve, did a very thorough job. one of the companies that i called didnt show up, and the other one, didn't even get up on the roof. the work was completed two days after Christmas. They had to replace a lot of the wood that was up there because of rotting and the prior owner's putting down three different roof material. i highly recommed this company and in fact, i have referred my son to them. thank you to them for setting my mind at ease. also, they have good reports from better business bureau.

Description of Work
replaced entire roof.

07/06/2012

Cheralyn O.

They were excellent. I have had a number of people email me and I have given them fantastic recommendations. They cleaned up after themselves. They did what they said they would do and did it on-time. They did not fiddle around. They did a beautiful job. I had several other bids and they were within the ballpark. They weren't the cheapest and they weren't the highest, they were a middle ground. It's a man who owns his own business. He is honest and decent. He will do what he says he will do and when he says he will do it. That's what I have written to people who have emailed me about him and I have said that I was very pleased with what he did. I even give out his card to people who tell me they are looking for a roofer.

Description of Work
I used the services of B & G Roofing. Actually they took over from an unscrupulous contractor who left the place a mess and part of the roof off. It was the third roof and they had to take it off. So, they came in after that, cleaned that mess up, did what they had to do and cleaned up their own mess. They really did a fantastic job given the very bad circumstances.

06/28/2012

James B.

I made an appointment for an estimate and they were a no call no show. I called 30 minutes after the scheduled time and left a message on their answer machine and never received a call back. These guys are 2 miles away and doing work up my street. They must not need my business.

Category gutter repair, roofing

in response to member you had never spoken to anyone to schedule an appointment let alone left any message a call from a blocked number after hours it cant justify or help my calling you back. im sorry you felt i didnt give your roof the attention it deserved but i hope you have resolved your roofing issues if you havent i would love to work with you on this project. Jr Guy

05/11/2012

Barbara M.

The company was very responsive even when we had a few issues that came up during the roofing process- a skylight that was covered and a damaged pantry. Junior was easy to find when I needed questions answered and very responsive to my needs.

Description of Work
Completely removed the old roofs, 3 of them, and put on a beautiful new roof in its place.Good experience overall, but boy is it a dirty job!!!

10/18/2011

Eugene P.

I had a great experience working with Junior at Band G roofing. We just bought a house that is very old and badly needed a new roof. The roofing job was the first thing we wanted to do before starting the interior work on the house, and we really wanted to make sure it was done before the rainy season. I called about 10 different roofers, had 7-8 come out to the house, but only a few of them actually gave me a written quote. Junior on the other hand was extremely responsive from start to finish. He picked up his phone almost every time that I called, or would return my phone calls within 15 minutes. He came out to see the house on the same day I first called him, and then he gave me the written quote very promptly the next morning. (He also responds very quickly via email which is convenient.) His quote was thorough and was among the lowest quotes I received. I also reached out to a number of the references he provided and got very positive reviews of his company's work. We finalized the contract and his team was ready to work within 6 days (during a very busy season for roofers -- a huge bonus for us). Roof tear-down took 1 day, and then roof installation took 3 days. The city inspections went very smoothly, and within a week, our roof was all done. They did a great job on clean-up and roof looks incredible. Very highly recommended!

Description of Work
Tore off an extremely old roof, installed new plywood and re-roofed my entire house and detached garage with composition shingles. Also did torch-down roof for the back room addition to my house.

11/21/2010

John P.

Everything went great. Junior was the person we dealt with and he was very good at explaining everything. His crew was great. they left almost no mess whatsoever. The work was done well and quickly which is good because it is pouring rain right now and nothing seems to be leaking. Fantastic job overall. The estimate was for $2,400 and the final cost ended up being $2,700 because of some wood needing to be replaced.

Description of Work
In detail (from the estimate which was well prepared) Tear off 4 layers of roll roofing down to wood decking on a 700 sq feet flat roof. 42 linear feet of bad wood was found & removed/installed /disposed of $3.00 per foot with new 1x6 spaced sheathing. Mechanically fasten a 28lbs SBS modified base felt using 7/8 ring shank metal tin cap roofing nails. Install 2x4 drip edge metal approximately 20 linear feet. Install new pipe flashings approximately 5 pieces & 2 4X6 Scupper drains to be sandwiched with STA modified torch down. Install SBS GTA modified torch down with ¼ inch bleed out granules to be applied to all bleed out and APOC mastic as needed complete to approximately 640 sq feet. Install 30lbs felt approximately 60 sq feet. Install new 30 year composition shingle black in color to approximately 60 square feet. Install ridge glass ridge cap approximately 40 linear feet. Apply APOC #133 mastic & membrane to all pipes and vents etc as needed. Install new cooping metal approximately 80 linear feet of 2x6x2 & 30 linear feet of counter flashing ½ x 5. Clean up and haul away all roofing debris.

08/31/2010

Cheralyn O.

He did an excellent job. The workers were here when they were supposed to be and worked very efficiently. He gave a fair and honest price. He was easy to work with. He did everything he said he would when he said he would.

Description of Work
He reroofed my garage and home. He also installed gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank You Member it was a pleasure to do business with you.