James and the Giant Floor Sander

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2010

992 Trovita Dr

Corona, CA 92881

James and the Giant Floor Sander Co. is a Hardwood Floor Refinishing Company Who is Dedicated to Providing Excellent Customer Service. Although the Company Name Conveys a Degree of Whimsy, our Elevated Standard of Quality is far from Fictitious. Owner James Oraivej has 21 Years Experience and has Been in Business Since 2004. I Love What I Do....

09/24/2018

Kevin P.

Hired James to remove carpet and breathe life back into the floors at my parents' house. This guy delivers! The floors look beautiful and went a long way towards getting the home sold. Great to work with and lovely results. Highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Hardwood floors refinished

08/16/2017

Cheryl B.

It looks OK, except there was debris that ended up stuck in the finish coat (small hairs mostly) which is now visible in the floor.

Description of Work
Sanded and coated oak floor

Category hardwood floor, buffing & polishing

I came to touch-up those few spots like you had asked and I was sent home. You said you'd call to reschedule and I agreed because it didn't work with your schedule. I'd really appreciate you allowing me to touch those spots up. My price @$1.00 per sqft is the price you'd pay with any other company. especially with how difficult the floor was to clean. I even showed your husband the residue from the floor as he watches the whole time.

10/15/2016

CAROL H.

Perfect! He was punctual, professional, and responsive. He prepped and cleaned up the area nicely; we had hardly any residual dust to deal with. Would definitely hire him again to do the rest of the house.

Description of Work
We needed our kitchen and dining room floors refinished.

10/04/2016

Andre T.

It went very well. James is a great person to work with and he was very clear and up front about how the work goes and what to expect. Everything went according to plan. His terms were half up front and half when the job was completed. He was thoughtful enough to give us a "Paid in Full" invoice as well to make it clear the job was completed. Also, our floors look great now.

Description of Work
We needed about 400 sqft of hardwood floors refinished.

07/19/2016

jane W.

03/20/2016

Philip C.

James did a great job. We had not had the floors refinished in the 10 years since we owned the house. We kept putting it off thinking it would be expensive and a mess, wow, were we wrong. James responded within 24 hours of my email inquiry sent during the weekend. He came out and provided us a quote, turns out our job was so small that it hit his minimum charge. He didn't make us feel that our job was too small. He immediately scheduled us for the following week. He arrived on time, quickly got to work and sanded and had the sealer coat applied within about 4.5 hours. He then returned each day for the next two to put the polyurethane coating on the floor. His sander was connected to a vacuum, so dust was kept to a minimum and we have not had to do any clean up since he has finished. We couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend him. If you have been on the fence about finishing your floors because you were concerned about price or a mess then I would call James and get it done..

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floor in kitchen with an area of < 200 square feet.

01/19/2016

peter J.

11/18/2015

Frederick O.

Description of Work
Still negotiating a start date.

08/31/2015

Susan P.

he was prompt, professional, clean and fair priced. Answered all my questions whenever I asked...weekend or weekday. Very thorough and would highly recommend to anyone looking to do anything with wood floors. Even cleaned up his dusty messes!!

Description of Work
sanded, repaired, seal coated and poly urethaned main floor area

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, floor cleaning

08/27/2015

Dawn D.

Job went great. James did an excellent job removing a coat of poly and prepping the floors for finish. Was very helpful in offering suggestions on options for finish and ways we could improve the completion of the work. Additionally, James also put in extra effort to complete the job in one day in order to help us maintain a tight timeline we were working towards. We've done many hardwood floors before but James work was perfect. Will definitely use his services again if the opportunity presents itself.

Description of Work
Sanded and prepped wood floors

08/18/2015

Matthew S.

07/10/2015

Bill C.

I am a house "flipper" and recently had one with white oak floors in the kitchen. The floor was scratched up, but otherwise in good shape. A center island was removed, exposing a gray area, while the remainder was uniformly yellowed. I hired this contractor, based on recommendation (and I can see he gets high marks from other AG members). The contractor buffed the floors - as I had asked him to do - then re-applied polyurethane. it was not until the job was finished that I noticed the big - and very obvious - gray discolored area was still there !! And now its covered with polyurethane. Given the contractor is a "Wood floor professional" - and he knew I was flipping the house - I asked him why he did not point out that the floor discoloration would not come out with buffing. He SHOULD have consulted with me and informed me that the floors would need to be sanded. Instead he replies that he did exactly what I asked. I then asked him how much to redo all of it correctly. Instead of offering to do it right at a discount, he quoted me a price that was higher that two other competitors! So not only was the job messed up, but now the kitchen - located in the center of the house - is off limits for days !! Access to either side of the house required going outside! I hired another contractor, who got to it in a hurry and did an A+ job. In my view, this contractor - James and the Giant Floor Sander - screwed up and made no effort to get it right.

Description of Work
Buffed and re-sealed a wood floor

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, buffing & polishing, floor cleaning

06/16/2015

Cindy S.

My son-in-law was at the house to let him in. He was very impressed with Jame's knowledge of wood flooring and I was very impressed with his work. The floor came out just beautifuly. After it cured for a couple of days, i noticed some spots were it looked like it didn't get enough sealer. My husband called and he came right over to check on it. It turned out it was our floorboards that was the issue and not James work. Very impressed by his work and will definately hire him again.

Description of Work
James came out and refinished the hardwood floors in our dining room.

06/01/2015

Kim H.

James was very professional and did an amazing job in a timely manner for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
James refinished our wood floors back to their natural beauty in our living room and main bedroom, and also patched a 2'x3' seamlessly.

05/14/2015

peter J.

04/10/2015

Cynthia S.

Description of Work
James was very professional and did great quality work for a great price.

04/10/2015

Roberto B.

03/10/2015

Tyson P.

I enthusiastically recommend using James for any floor sanding and/or refinishing project. He was quick to respond, always arrived on time, performed the work exactly as stated and kept us well informed... All at the right price of $3/sq ft. You are crazy if you don't contact James for your project. Good luck!

Description of Work
Sanded and finished Family and Dining Rooms.

06/12/2014

Caitlin T.

I bought a house last fall knowing that there was oak hiding underneath the old shag carpet. Removing the carpet revealed a nail hole-ridden surface that had seen a lot of kids' bare feet fifty years earlier. I called James on the recommendation of a coworker. He came by the next day for an estimate and was polite and knowledgeable. When he did the work two weeks later, the result was incredible! The floors are the first thing anyone remarks on when they first see the inside of the house. Beautiful and durable. I only wish I'd taken the time to remove all of the old flooring in the kitchen and hired him to refinish that, too.

Description of Work
Filled in nail holes and refinished old oak floors

06/12/2014

Melanie A.

James responded quickly to our inquiry call and came out soon to measure our floors and give an estimate. He was very professional and gave specifics as to how he would approach the job. We received a written bid and felt it was very reasonable. We had carpet and furniture to remove and he worked with us to come up with a time convenient to us to begin the work. We added on more rooms and he again gave us new bid. He always answered any questions and was very personable. He started project and we knew exactly what to expect and the timetable for the work to take place. He protected areas from dust by putting up plastic. James was competent, conscientious, and important to me did great clean up! The work was outstanding and our floors are absolutely beautiful.

Description of Work
He sanded and refinished 7 rooms of old wood floors.

04/24/2014

Matthew G.

After I removed the horrible linoleum from the kitchen, the floors were full of nail/staple holes/decades old adhesive and I was very skeptical that anything could be done. James came over and basically returned them to brand-new condition in one afternoon. Needless to say I will be using him again when we refinish the rest of the hardwood floors in our house.

Description of Work
James came in and completely refinished the original hardwood floors in the kitchen of our 90 year-old house.

12/27/2013

Tim R.

James was great! He was there on time even waiting early every day. He was very knowledgeable and informative, he treats your floors like they are his own. The floors look excellent, it was worth every penny!

Description of Work
Refinished Kitchen Oak floor and patched area around refrigerator that had water damage.

07/30/2013

Tom N.

James did an excellent job. He showed up as planned and completed the project on time. The floor turned out great. I was concerned that the color of the floor wouldn't be close to the original color but James assured me it would be just slightly lighter and he was absolutely correct.

Description of Work
He sanded and refinished approximately 1200 sq feet of oak flooring

04/03/2013

Zina S.

Very professional! Quality work!

Description of Work
James buffed and shined the floor in the entry and kitchen of our home.

02/27/2013

Amanda W.

James did an incredible job on our floors...compliments from friends and family keep coming. James did work at my in-laws, so we knew he was going to be great. He completed the work while we were on vacation and even came back to do a small touch-up upon our request (we're a bit high maintenance). The process was four days long. The end-product is incredible and it truly makes our house feel fresh and new!

Description of Work
Sand and refinish wood floors on entire mail level.

Monteros Hardwood Flooring

Monteros Hardwood flooring has been a family owned and operated business for over 15 years. We take pride in the quality of each of our projects. We do all hardwood floor work for residential homes along with commercial projects. Monteros Hardwood flooring does the job right. FINANCING AVAILABLE - Please ask for details

Offers by Monteros Hardwood Flooring on Angi
    MG Hardwood Floor

We specialize in all phases of hardwood flooring! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Home Masters International

Home Masters International is a one-stop shop for your remodeling needs. We can help you do it yourself, providing access to the best brands in tile, cabinets, and appliances. We also help by providing engineers, architects, and a full contracting team who ready to make your dreams a reality. It is our ability to take a project completely from start to finish that keeps our clients coming back. We have been proudly serving the Inland Empire and surrounding areas since 2003!

Offers by Home Masters International on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Hardwood Floor Sanding & Finishing, Refinishing, Custom Staining, Buff & Coats, Sanding & Finishing Treads & Risers, Patch & Repair.

Hardwood Flooring Installation