TruGreen Lawn Care - 5031

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2005

3.9

TruGreen is the nation's largest provider of lawn and landscape services. We make it easy for you by delivering customized care solutions that are effective, innovative and responsible. TruGreen® provides a full suite of tailored lawn and landscape services. From fertilization and aeration to tree & shrub services and much more, TruGreen delivers superior results backed by our Healthy Lawn Guarantee.®1 We also offer effective solutions to help control and prevent lawn damaging insects, like chinch bugs and grubs. Our passion for lawns sets us apart, and we’ll help you achieve a lawn you love. Contact us today to start your tailored lawn plan. ...

De Leons Professional Maintenance Services

None as of now due too the pandemic until further notice my deepest apologies 03/05/2021

Offers by De Leons Professional Maintenance Services on Angi
Ramirez Landscaping & Concrete

We are a small, independently owned family business with 40 years of experience offering the best value in landscaping and concrete works in the East Bay Area and beyond. We are experts in all things related to concrete, whether bare, colored and stamped. We offer free estimates on: Residential & Commercial concrete pouring, stamped and decorative concrete, sprinkler system installations, general landscaping maintenance and clean up, tree removal, artificial and natural grass installation, bark installation, timers, retaining walls, and general outdoor maintenance. We also specialize in patios and artificial turf installation! Give us a call, our prices are reasonable and the quality of our work is second to none! Thank you for considering us for your next project!

Offers by Ramirez Landscaping & Concrete on Angi
Manny’s Tree Services & Landscaping

We are a local family owned and independently operated business. Our focus is quality. We don’t cut corners. We’re the affordable alternative. We take time to make sure our customers are 100% happy.

07/06/2016

Judy L.

They can send out more knowledgeable people.

Description of Work
I use TruGreen for lawn fertilization.

01/19/2016

James D.

They come out seven times a year. Their price was competitive.

Description of Work
They do lawn treatment and weed control for us.

09/24/2015

Chris M.

A salesman came to my door from Scott's who was nice enough and offered my what I thought was a great deal to revitalize my lawn. Man was I wrong! The first time they came out to my property they did not move my fire pit (one person can move it) and this resulted in my whole lawn not being treated. The second time they came out to aerate my lawn it was garbage day and they did not remove my garbage can or my recycling can from the lawn, again this resulted in my whole lawn not being treated and to cap it off this kid ran the aerator right into my house! I saw it with my own two eyes. They did bring a contractor out to repair the damage to my property but after this experience I requested a full refund and canceled my service. This is where the real problems began. At this point the Service Manager for the Kennesaw branch got in touch with me about fixing the damage. We agreed that Scotts would find a contractor. I didn't hear back for several days so I emailed him on August 7 (I could never get him on the phone) and did not get a reply back until August 17. Once the contractor was scheduled the work was completed without incident. But as of August 28 (almost a full month after "service") I had still not received my refund for a measly $59.20. I contacted him again (by email (I could never raise him on the phone) on 9/5 to tell him the refund had still not posted to my account. He replied back stating that he had sent another request for the office manager to send the refund and for me to check my account in about a week. On September 8 the Service Manager contacted me by email to tell me that the credit had been applied to my account (it had not) but I still had a balance for service the two days they came out! So he expected me to pay for the two days of service when they did not treat my entire lawn. This of course had me livid. I replied back stating that I would not pay for uncompleted service and that I still had not received my refund. I also reiterated that I wanted to cancel my service, they were still sending me bills! I left my phone number for him once again to call me if there was a problem. It was now September 16 and I had still not heard anything back from the "Service Manager" and still no refund. I did however, get an email saying my monthly service had been charged to my account, the service I canceled! So I called hoping to get in touch with the Service Manager but instead reached a customer service rep and was informed that applying a refund is a two step process and the Service Manager only followed 1. The representative assured me that my refund was on the way. She also canceled my service again. Then on September 22, guess what happened? Not only had I still not received my refund but I got an email saying my payment for monthly service was due! The next day I called Scotts once again and explained the situation. This time the rep assured me a manager would call me and he did. This was not the original Service Manager I had spoke to before but his boss I believe. He was very nice and assured me that a refund check would be mailed to me in about 2 weeks and that my service would indeed be canceled. I'm writing this the day after, so hopefully I'll actually get my $59.20 back and they will stop billing me. Remember this whole thing has been going on for nearly 2 months. I just can't believe that a company as big as Scott's would have such poor service, I will never use them again.

Description of Work
Lawn service

09/19/2015

Kim S.

I originally contacted them from a mailing. The order taker on the phone did not listen well, as I said the area to be treated is outside the fenced backyard. They showed up for the first treatment when I was at work and treated it all. I tried to contact the local office twice and received no call back or email. I locked my gates so it could not happen again. They called and solicited a aeration and over seed, which I did, as the yard needed it badly. I went through the National website and griped that the measurement must have been wrong if they included the backyard. I was finally called back and the customer service person assured me the area would be re-measured. I doubt it ever was, but when I pushed the issue again and again, I received an email saying they reduced the price (slightly). Then I received another sales call to solicit a lime treatment for $120.00. When I said no, the person sounded agitated and asked why. I said no again and hung up. I then sent back another email telling them I would pay for no further service, that I disliked the poor communication and constant up-selling.

Description of Work
Aeration and over seed, ongoing fertilization program.

12/01/2014

GLEN W.

As far as lawn fertilization and weed control - fine. But got constant calls to add more services (e.g. aeration, lime treatment) even when I said, 'no', more than once. One time got billed for aeration that I did not order and even wasn't actually done - hoping that I wouldn't notice? When called out, they agreed to credit me for future services, not refund me. Would not consistently call ahead so I could unlock the yard gate. Got a call to have a lime treatment to prepare for Spring growth, but the call was in November (the caller was reading from a script and when I told him that winter wasn't even here, he fumbled with his words and still tried to sell me a lime treatment). When I sent a message via the website to cancel my service, did not get reply. When I called the client service line, was on hold for 6 1/2 minutes, listening to recording telling me how important my call was. Finally used the chat service on the website to cancel (hopefully that works). The basic lawn care services actually are good - the lawn looks good.But the hassle and harassment dealing with this branch of Scotts is no longer tolerable for me.

Description of Work
Program of lawn fertilization and weed control

07/02/2014

Clemon L.

They said that they came out but they didn't come. I opened the gate up at 7:30AM, but they said it was locked. We were at home and no one rang the doorbell or knocked on the front door. They were supposed to call us back with an appointment within five days, but they have not called us back at all with an appointment.

Description of Work
They were supposed to come out and treat the grass for weeds.

02/07/2014

Karen S.

We have a yearly plan with them. We shopped around when we decided to go with them and their prices are reasonable. I really like they call each month, like 2 days in advance, and let us know that they’re coming out. It’s really nice that they do that. They also leave a very thorough report for us if we’re not home. They’re always available if we have any questions or if we see something growing that should not be in the grass. We would call them and they would come right out. They’re very responsive to any conditions that come up that’s not something normal that they’re not used to treating regularly. We’ve been using them for probably about 6 years.

Description of Work
I use Scotts Lawn Service for fertilization services every month.

08/05/2013

michael E.

They showed up in the afternoon without letting me know that they were there to do the work. By the time i saw the tech he was finished and was doing his paper work. I asked how it was and he told me and wrote down that the lawn needed to be fertilized (which he had done )sprayed for crab grass which he did not have the chemicals for. He wrote down on his report that the lawn needed aeration. He told me that someone would be out later that week to spray the crab grass and that the company would contact me to set up the aeration. The next day i called to find out when they would be out and was told that aeration is done in the fall and that they wouldn't do it until then. I asked about the spraying for crab grass and they told me it would be the following week. I called the week of the 29th of July and was told that they would be out on the 5th of Aug. When i asked why they couldnt do it sooner i was told they were already booked out. I took off the day of the 5th waited and no one showed up. I called and was told that they would now be out on the 7th. I asked why no one called to tell me they changed and got no answer. Bottom line They didnt complete the work they said needed to be done. They postponed the appointment 2x with out calling either time. I was given the wrong info from the tech about what needed to be done. They always apologize for what the didnt do, but they never fix it. Poor service poor information. One person makes promises but no one is responsible to getting things. I canceled services and would absolutely NOT recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Came out on 7/18/2013 they were supposed to give me a diagnosis of what was needed with my lawn and then provide the chemicals and labor to do the work.

03/22/2013

Naomi G.

Have been using service for last 5 years. Hit and miss treatment. For first 4 years, I assumed my side yard was treat per agreement but noticed a lot of weeds growing. One day, I stayed home and watched the service which didn't do anything to my side yard. Called and reminded them that I'm paying for that treatment and should get it. During the hot, dry summer months, I noticed that the service was coming at 4 week intervals, killing my grass with over-fertilization. Called and requested that service never be less than 6 weeks apart. Instead of paying for 8 treatments a year, it was approaching 9-10 with the shorter intervals. I have to keep on top of them to be sure the treatments are not less than 6 weeks apart. They call the afternoon before they come the next morning. Also, weeds still are a problem and I will request free retreatment because I take photos of the spread of weeds.

Description of Work
Fertilize and weed control front (2,500 sq. ft.) and side (500 sq. ft.) yards only.

Category landscaping

08/01/2012

Linda S.

We are very happy with Trugreen Landcare and the results are excellent. They show up and take care of the lawn and everything looks great. We have been using them for many years and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
We use Truegreen Landcare and they were just out on Tuesday to take care of the trees and shrubs. We do use them regularly.

Category lawn service

TruGreen Lawn Care - 5031

Founded 1990 • With Angi since June 2005

3.9

3950 Laura Alice Way

Concord, CA 94520

Residential and commercial landscaping, lawn, tree & shrub care.