We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Got Watts Electric, Solar & HVAC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2013

2045 Commerce Ave

Concord, CA 94520

Commitment to quality is the backbone of Got Watts? Electric, Solar & HVAC. Each project is an expression of our passion for our trade, and our simple desire to do it once and do it right. We are licensed, bonded, insured and all personnel complete a mandatory background screening; to ensure our services not only look good but comply with all local, State and county regulations, we are committed to the personal health and safety of every client and team member. The Got Watts Team offers decades of experience in all aspects of construction, remodeling, and alterations; further, we proudly maintain our position of expertise in the rapidly emerging market of ‘residential electrification’. While the concept may be new to most, we have been designing and installing clean, reliable, and sustainable solutions. We only offer what we would use ourselves and we only perform work that would be safe for our families, a simple and timeless approach to ensuring you are satisfied with your service from Got Watts Electric, Solar & HVAC....

02/09/2022

Sarah K.

We had a wonderful experience with Got Watts. They installed 29 new solar panels for us and also upgraded our HVAC system (removed furnace/AC and installed new heat pump and air handler). We loved working with Eric, Jedd and Lee (HVAC), as well as Sam, Lindsay, Jeremy (solar). They were all responsive, professional, kind, knowledgeable, thorough. They even helped us through issues with PG&E and the rebate process. We highly recommend Got Watts.

Description of Work
Solar panels installation and HVAC replacement / upgrade

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, solar panels

02/01/2022

Robb M.

Excellent company - Professional and Competent through all stages of my electrical upgrade, solar system design, solar system installation, and instrumentation start-up of the solar system. Always in communication and a very well-organized company. Mallory, Sam, and Lindsay worked as a team coordinating my project from inception through completion, along with integrating their activities and logistics with my roofer. The two trades worked seamlessly through the whole project. The onsite tradesmen Danny, Brian, Josh (and many more) were professional, communicated with me daily on the project status, and even got positive comments from our City Inspector. Those comment made me feel confident that their work was performed with attention to detail and high quality. And it's comforting that Jeremy the president personally made a point to assure I was happy with the work and understood the installation of the solar system and the operation of the solar system instruments. Since the system was released to me, I've had zero issues with the trade work they did, the electrical or mechanical systems or components, or the solar system instrumentation. This is an excellent company.

Description of Work
Electrical upgrade then solar design and installation -

06/12/2020

Brett A.

It was very good! They answered all of my questions, and the installation was very smooth. They had good communication, and dedicated on their job.

Description of Work
They put in my solar panels, and my main service box in my house.

10/26/2018

Chris B.

I selected Got Watts Electric & Solar to install a residential solar system on my house in Antioch. My experience with Got Watts was professional and informative from start to finish. Most communication was by email which I like more than phone calls because it provides a information to reference. The price was not the lowest but it was near the lower end. But the panels and equipment were superior to the lower quoted systems. When I needed a sub panel put in, Got Watts included it in the price. It was not so with other quotes. The sub-panel they put in has expansion capabilities and wouldn’t if they had gone with the minimum needed. The solar panels they offer include top of the line. The system includes monitoring the performance of the individual panels, not just the system. They took care of all the permits, setup, inspections and submitting paperwork to PG&E. They replaced some cracked roof tiles that had been bonded together with good ones removed from where the solar rack was installed to hold the panels. I highly recommend Got Watts. Another company said they could put no more than 18 panels the house. Another company wanted to put panels on the north roof slope (which is not best) because of a code issue with having them on the east slope. But Jeremy the owner of Got Watts knew right away what the local code was and that panels would fit on the east slope to go with the southern slope and give me a 100% off set system of 25 panels.

Description of Work
Installed residential home solar system.

04/30/2018

Scott S.

We thought it may be the ballast, but it turned out to be a bad switch in the system. He removed the switch, which wasn't necessary, and tested everything. He was even nice enough to help me replace all of the fluorescent bulbs with newer LED technology bulbs.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot kitchen light

03/27/2018

Howard W.

Got Watts installed a solar PV roof system and we are very happy with it. This is the second time that we have used Got Watts and both times, we could not have asked for a better experience. Jeremy's quote was lower than his competitors. He answered all my questions and was very flexible when asked to make changes in the design. System installation started less than 2 weeks after contract signing; Solar City quoted a 3-5 month wait. The install crew was very professional and completed the entire installation of 22 panels in 2 days. Shelby and Lindsay handled the PG&E and Concord City papwork and were very responsive to questions. We highly recommend Got Watts for general electrical and solar work.

Description of Work
Solar PV System

01/08/2018

Melvin L.

Technician was on time, clean and knew what he was doing. However when he installed the box where the outlet is housed he installed it kind of crooked

Description of Work
Electrical wiring for electric car

01/03/2018

Ray S.

The job was completed successfully per the plan. Pricing was competitive and Jeremy and his crew were willing to work with me on engineering details in order to ensure my complete satisfaction. All work was done with the greatest quality and care and our site was left completely clean and neat when the job was completed. The system works great and I would highly recommend Got Watts for any electrical or solar work.

Description of Work
Solar System Installation

01/03/2018

Jason P.

Incredible. Better service than I could have imagined. Responsive sales staff, great installers and the owner was incredibly friendly and helpful with the technical aspects.

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

Category electrician, ceiling fans, solar panels

12/27/2017

michael S.

After having multiple companies come out and give us a quote, we are beyond happy to have chosen Got Watts Electric to work on our house. The initial visit was not just a quote it was a total customer service experience that went above and beyond by, listening, reviewing, explaining and giving us multiple options based on findings with no pressure. We had a lot of work done, (Upgraded main panel, subpanel, hot-tub circuit and Solar). We can not say enough about the excellent service experience we received, from beginning to end. Customer service was excellent, All the workers at our house were excellent, courteous, talented. We always received plenty of emails and phone calls to explain work being done and keep us up to date on all aspects of the work. Got Watts is truly a company that goes above and beyond, we highly recommend them for all electrical work and also their amazing work on installing and designing Solar.

Description of Work
Main Panel, Sub-panel, Hot Tub circuit, Solar

Category electrician, lighting, solar panels

12/26/2017

Peter P.

Got Watts did a very professional job from the initial discussion and the proposal, to the roof guys, the electricians, and the office staff. Everyone had time to explain the process and do the job the best way with the best materials.

Description of Work
We had solar panels put on roof.

Category electrician, solar panels

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It was truly a pleasure working with you. If you should need anything in the future do not hesitate reaching out to us. We hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! Best regards, Lindsay Altman

10/04/2017

Eric S.

Perfect from beginning to end. Very happy would call again in a second.

Description of Work
Clean-up some wires per lender requirement. Find short in washer breaker. Both done by pros. They are not cheap but very good at what they do. They were booked but squeezed me in so I could get my loan closed.

09/26/2017

Jonathan W.

Great. We very much enjoyed the process from start to finish, and ongoing since then. Slightly better overall price than major local competitor (larger system recommended/installed, but better price per panel/watt). Little communication hiccups due to various unexpected things, but always explained/open about. Jeremy (owner), Darrin (behind the scenes proposal developer/communicator), and on-site crew (especially roofer/installer guy, I forget his name), were all great/communicative/friendly. All have been prompt/helpful including after the install said and done (now 3-4 months later). Office crew were also very friendly and helpful. Thanks all, JT

Description of Work
Solar photovoltaic install.

08/28/2017

Howard W.

Jeremy stopped by to give an estimate and took the time to answer my questions and educate me about EVs. Got Watts office staff kept me informed on the project status and plans. Ray and Brian arrived promptly and did excellent work. They answered my questions and quickly accommodated requests for changes. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Main electrical panel upgrade and EV charger installed.

05/08/2017

Maria B.

Perfect, very happy with all the work. Only electrician I will use.

Description of Work
Upgrade electrical panel, replace fuse box with upgraded panel, and change fixtures.

04/17/2017

Rob L.

They did a good job. Professional 2 man crew. Good quality work. Price is on higher side, but they do good work.

Description of Work
Ethernet cable run and wall jack to bedroom. New outlet in hallway.

04/15/2017

Denise W.

This was a great experience. I’ve never had electrical work done in my 1970s home. Jeremy the owner and Shelby in the office were great to work with and handled the estimate and scheduling efficiently. I’m not that knowledgeable about electricity, but all the folks at Got Watts never made me feel as if I were asking stupid questions. They listened to my ideas, questions and concerns and helped me through all of it so that my project turned out exactly as I had envisioned. Ace and James (who wants a German Shepard someday, ok so I’m a dog person…) did a wonderful job. They called when they were on their way and arrived on time. They were so helpful in getting everything I wanted done. Very professional, polite and friendly. They protected all my furnishing and carpets. The walls and ceiling were in the exact same condition as before they started. The work was done in a very reasonable amount of time. After they cleaned up and left one would have ever known they were there at all. Except for brilliant lighting everywhere! I’m so thrilled with how these projects turned out that I’m now considering other changes and updates I’d like to do to make my home even more comfortable and efficient. The whole company from owner and electricians to the very nice ladies who work in the office scheduling and taking payment on the phone were top notch in my book.

Description of Work
7 new recessed lighting where none existed before. 2 new recessed lighting replacing existing old fixtures. New celling fan with light fixture put together and installed where none existed before. New outside plug with protective housing where none existed before. Installed new under cabinet LED light bar Fixed switch cover that won't stay on light switch.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

02/10/2017

Patricia C.

Ace and Brian did a great job. Our kitchen ceiling doesn't have attic access and so they had to cut into the drywall to install the fixtures. We understood up front that any necessary repairs to the drywall would not be included in the price. It turned out that none were needed as they cut very carefully and no cracks appeared. We are very happy with our new lights... much brighter and sleeker than our outdated 70's fixtures. Ace and Brian also took the time to drape our cabinets and countertops, put a dropcloth down in the hall and kitchen, and even vacuumed up afterwards. We plan to have them return to add wiring for a new microwave oven. Also, this was our first time installing recessed lights, and we had quite a few questions during the estimate process. Shelby was very patient with us, gave us the information we needed, and provided updated estimates as we figured out what we needed (paintable rims, dimmer switch).

Description of Work
Installation of recessed LED lights in the kitchen ceiling, plus a dimmer switch.

Category electrician, lighting

01/03/2017

Jeremiah P.

The installation went according to the schedule provided by Got Watts, the installation teams were professional and courteous throughout the entire process. They explained what they were doing and answered any questions that I had throughout the installation process. These guys did a great job! I'm very happy with the panels, they look great on the house and I'm already seeing the benefits of solar, the panels even produce electricity on overcast days, albeit not as much as on those sunny days. Coupled with the whole house fan, I should see huge benefit to the system. Thanks Got Watts!!

Description of Work
Installation of a solar system, including electrical, photovoltaic panels, hardware for mounting on the roof, and integration into the electrical grid.

10/26/2016

Marjorie M.

I don’t like them at all. They were terrible. All the guy did was talk to myneighbor and he didn’t fix things right.

09/28/2016

Sandra S.

From the estimate through completion of work every employee I dealt with was very professional. They explained the process and kept us informed as the work was performed. This is the second time they have done work on our house and I will use them again.

Description of Work
200 AMP main panel upgrade

09/24/2016

John R.

I called Got Watts. They were booked for two weeks, but, as this was an emergency, I was able to get an appointment on Thursday. In the meantime, the on and off of electricity continued, involving more areas. On Wednesday night, our bedroom was also out, but the overhead light flashed on and off every 30 minutes. O Joy! Chris arrived midday Thursday and checked the 2 sub-panels in the garage. There were some minor issues, but they were not problem-causing. He then discovered two more sub-panels, one in the wall behind drawers under the kitchen stove and one in the wall on the other side of sub-panel A. No problems. Then he went up behind the pole across the road where our wires joined PG&E’s line amid tree-branches. He said the problem was there. He called PG&E and I guess bawled them out, telling them to get over here and FIX IT! An hour later, a rep came by, did a cursory inspection and indicated that nothing was wrong. I told him in no uncertain terms that a professional had located a big problem and that he should get back up there and plow through all the branches of the trees around all the wires until he fixed it. 15 minutes later he said that he had found the problem and that it had been fixed. I thanked him. This is now Friday evening and we have not had any more problems. Today, Chris called us back. He was pleased that everything worked and I guess happy that PG&E had eaten crow. Chris was an A+ guy and I think he is working for an excellent company. He worked 4 hr. for $600, with $335 added to replace some breakers.

Description of Work
On a Sunday night, some appliances and a number of other circuits lost power. In the morning they came on. In the afternoon, the power went out again and in the evening it came back on. We called PG&E on Tuesday morning and they came on Wednesday. A guy looked the at all the wires going across the street to the PG&E lines and to the outside boxes, taking about an hour. He said that all was fine, and that the trouble was inside.

06/28/2016

Molly C.

I called Got Watts electric because I had experience using them before for electrical work when they did a great job. When I explained the problem, they understood the urgency, and even thought their routine appointments were booked out for two weeks, they found a way to reshuffle staff and get a great tech, Chris, out the next day. He promptly figured out the problem and replaced the main breaker. Thanks Got Watts for assuring my safety in my home.

Description of Work
I needed emergency help as my main breaker to my house kept tripping.

06/21/2016

Kurt K.

We responded to a special deal advertised on Angie's List for a whole house attic fan. The price was reasonable and the reviews were good. The process was very easy from the time we ordered until the install and follow up. The scheduling was easy. Because of the size of our house no pre-install site visit was required. The install was scheduled and Chris and Ray showed up on time on the day of install. They were very professional and polite. They did a look in the attic and then gave us a clear, concise review of what they saw and explained to us what decisions we needed to make. They answered our questions clearly. Once we gave the go ahead the work was done professionally and well. They cleaned up after themselves when done, gave us a demonstration of how the fan worked and made sure the paperwork was filled out for the fan. We had a problem with the timer of the fan not working properly. This turned out to be a recall issue with the timer installed. When we called and brought the problem to their attention the response was immediate with an offer to have someone there that day to fix the problem. Abe arrived as scheduled to replace the timer motor and the fan is now working as expected. We are happy with the fan and the service we received from Got Watts. We will consider them for future work we need to have done.

Description of Work
Got Watts installed a whole house attic fan.

06/19/2016

Marsha O.

Got Watts came out to replace my pre purchased switch. No added material was used. The technician explained - switches were originally (not Got Watts) installed for canned spot lights. To use the new LED bulbs, the switch should have been changed. We have used Gott Watts twice in the past and will use Gott Watts in the future. Jeremy is a very likable guy and easy to work with. The first time we used them, it was for checking out a couple of GFI outlets. The second time we used them, it was to add 3 ceiling fans in the bedrooms. And to add 2 exhaust fans to my bathrooms. They had to run wire for the power source on all 5 fans. The crew was knowledgeable, on time and polite. I also praised Got Watts to my neighbor, who is installing a pool. They are doing the wiring.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen wall switch

Category lighting

HandyDads LLC

Handydads Construction Inc. is a local family owned general contractor company that pride themselves in offering quality work at affordable prices. Specializing in kitchen and bathroom remodels but also offering a wide variety of handyman services. CA Lic. #1073709

JB's Handyman services

JB’s Handyman Services offers high-quality repairs, Fair and comprehensive pricing and excellent customer service.

Sns handyman

Thank you for your interest in SNS Handyman ! Our professionals are trained to tackle your projects and knock out your project no matter how big or small! We get it done right so you can Stop stressing over the hard stuff! Call on SnS handyman services for a quick connection to professionals of many trades! -builders - Assemblers - tile professionals - residential remodeling - painters - electricians- plumbers - We will find the right professional for all your needs. Just give us a call to learn how we cater the the needs of each client. We offer free virtual estimates and low cost onsite estimates. We now offer lower Fees for On site job estimates including both residential and commercials properties . Fee for estimates in Solano County: $50 Fee for estimates in Contra Costa is $90 Find out about Discounts : $$ We will deduct the cost of the estimate from the total cost of the labor when services agreements are made the same day for the full amount of the estimate. $$ Senior discount is 15% off labor $$ Military and First Responders get 15% off labor Our rates: 1 handyman: 1 hour : $90, 4hours: $250 6hours: $350 2 handymen: 1 hour: :$150 , 4 hours: $350 6 hours: $500 3 handymen 1 hour : $200 , 4 hours: $500 Materials, and equipment allowance not included - also We offer flat rates for jobs expected to take more then one day … please ask about our pricing or call to set up an estimate! ***proudly servicing local residents of Solano County for 4 years We are grateful for opportunities to assist hundreds of residents of Solano and contra costa counties

California
    CSLB
    07/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Residential & Commercial Electrical Maintenance & Repairs, Solar Installations, Panel & Service Upgrades, Whole House Rewires, LED Lighting, Electrical Troubleshooting, Whole House Fans, Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers

Landscape Lighting, Low Voltage Wiring, Fixture/Appliance Repair