CEL TV & Satellite Repair

Founded 1989 • With Angi since November 2011

5232 Clearbrook Dr

Concord, CA 94521

Home repair and installation made simple, we’ll come to you. Our expert tech services include appliance repair, appliance installation, TV repair, TV mounting, TV dish installation, TV dish repair. We fix washers, dryers, microwaves, dishwashers, stoves, ovens, refrigerators, satellites, TVs & flat

07/14/2017

John F.

They came out. My wife used the self-cleaning; it melted the bottom of the oven. It hasn't worked right since, so I wouldn't recommend them. What they did was put in a new cabinet thing. Well, they put in the cabinet worked okay, but the oven doesn't perform. You set it up for 400, and it would be 250. Yesterday, we had the cake in and the only way I could get it up to 325 is if I cut it to 400. I came back later on it was down to 200. The price was $600; I wouldn't have minded the $600 if it worked. The work didn't hold up. The cabinetry's okay, but the rest of the oven quit working. I don't know what they did because they had to take it completely apart and put it back together. That's what held the inside together that's the main part of it. The company who made the stove I wouldn't even give them a good grade, they wouldn't cover the cabinetry. You would think if you have a self-cleaning oven, you would try to see how the temperature would affect the material it was using and it wouldn't melt the bottom of the oven. I'm very disappointed with them. Up until we had that problem, it was okay. I think the main problem is the level couldn't withstand the heat, so it melted and from there it just went downhill.

Description of Work
They came out to do a repair on my stove.

Category appliance repair

04/10/2017

Jo S.

He could not repair.

Description of Work
TV stopped working.

02/14/2017

ARLENE K.

Stress-free, excellent service. Chris knows his stuff. I highly recommend Cel Television & Satellite Repair.

Description of Work
Connected 2 TV's & programed new remotes.

03/08/2016

Brice G.

I elected to replace my 6 year old LED TV with a new model with more features.

Description of Work
Chris was able to diagnose my problem via email. My TV needs a complete new screen. It was going to be very expensive to fix. Chris recommended that it may be cheaper to replace the entire unit.

03/03/2016

Carl B.

03/01/2016

Catherine L.

Description of Work
He gave me advice over the phone, which saved me a lot of money.. I would definitely reccomend him again.

01/07/2016

Michael R.

Chris helped us analyze a problem we were having with our TV and presented options for repair (it was a power board replacement issue for a fairly old TV). We decided to replace the TV instead of having Chris repair it this time. Chris was extremely helpful, professional, and punctual in returning our call. 5 star service!

Description of Work
Analyze a problem with our TV

01/28/2015

Dean F.

Description of Work
Reconnected TV to Netflix. Reconnected TV Ears to set and verified operation. (Set 1). Reconfigured HD TV player to router and reconnected TV Ears to unit. (Set 2). The owner came out personally. He was prompt in scheduling an appointment, arrived on time, and performed the work in a prompt and efficient manner and was very nice to deal with. Price was very reasonable.

08/15/2014

Will F.

LEFT MESSAGE NO RETURN CALL

Description of Work
Called the provider on Tuesday got answering machine left message, today is Friday and while writing this review, I have not received a call back or message from this provider.

Category tv repair

We apologize to [member name removed], during the period of time he left his message we were going through issues with our phone carrier. Although, he was able to get our answer machine, we were not receiving all messages.. This no excuse, we as a company strive to maintain the highest quality of service to all our "Angie List" customers. I, hope in the future he would give a us another try. These reviews are very important to me as owner of this company. Chris CEL TV and Satellite Repair.

06/25/2014

John S.

Listened to my needs. Found appropriate equipment an installed.

Description of Work
Installed OTA T V antenna and set up...

06/23/2014

Anne N.

Description of Work
Chris returned phone calls promptly, showed up when he said he would, and fixed our television just as he said he would. He was professional and courteous. Although it was an expensive repair, we knew from internet research that it would be. We would call Chris again.

06/01/2014

Isadore R.

Outstanding work, very knowledgeable, very reasonable, on time for appointment. I would highly recommend this person to anyone in need of TV Repair

Description of Work
Fixed TV with no picture

Category home theater design, tv repair

01/30/2014

Robert C.

Description of Work

Category appliance repair, home theater design, tv repair, satellite tv service

01/08/2014

claudia s L.

I can't recommend this company enough. I believe he's going to expand from TV's to appliances as well. Big thumbs up!

Description of Work
He was great. He diagnosed the issue with my TV over the phone and was right. He's very trustworthy and I'd use CEL again in a heartbeat. Hopefully I won't have to!

10/29/2013

William K.

Chris was timely, responsive, professional, and got the job done right; high quality and low cost. We are planning to upgrade our system soon. We plan to call Chris for advice and ask him to handle any installation involved. Chris certainly gets an overall "A+" for how he helped us.

Description of Work
We had a problem with the TV picture; it was going off and on. I talked to Chris Formoso by phone. Even though he already had a busy schedule, he agreed to slip me into his schedule the following day. After troubleshooting the TV, he determined that my receiver was acting up. He rewired my components so that the signal would bypass the receiver. It worked; problem solved!

Category home theater design, tv repair

09/05/2013

Barbara M.

In addition to the TV repair, they volunteered to help me with a few tasks around the home I could not do, such as cleaning out my dryer vent, refrigerator vent, even moving a hanging plant. They were the kindest service providers I have ever dealt with.

Description of Work
They fixed my TV.

Category appliance repair, tv repair

05/24/2013

Anton K.

I called Chris on a Thursday and he said that he could be there at 9:00 am in the morning on Tuesday 5-21-13 and I said that would be fine! Chris called me on Friday and said that he could come at 11:00am and would that be okay and I said that would be fine as well! Chris came on Tuesday like he said at 11:00am and started to work on the T.V he was very polite and courtesy and told me what he thought was wrong with the TV and said that he could fix it ! Chris said that if he couldn't fix it he would let me know! Chris was very efficient he fixed my TV and it has worked properly since! I would highly recommend chis and encourage anyone with a TV problem to call Cel TV! I even called Chris with some additional questions and he was nice enough to email me a response !

Description of Work
Chris is the owner of Cel T.V and I called him to fix my T.V it was shutting on and off when it was turn on all day!

04/22/2013

John N.

See above.

Description of Work
My Plasma television stopped working. I had sound but no picture. The gentleman arrived, sid a through diagnosis and located the faulty part. he call me the next day to inform me that the part was not available in the Us and was on back Order from Korea/ I thanked him and it made me decisionto replace the televiision easier/An excellent job.

03/04/2013

Kennis B.

same as above

Description of Work
came out the first time in early February when picture on tv went out came a second time when picture went out again but for a different problem. repaired the tv the second time for no charge excellent service company

02/16/2013

VINCE F.

Chris was on time, efficient, friendly and very helpful..

Description of Work
Chris set up my vcr/dvd player and my radio phonograph system,

Category home theater design

12/04/2012

Donna D.

Chris determined that price for parts and repair were not worth the investment. He was very honest with his assessment. His fee to come to my home was cheaper than having to take the TV into a repair shop. He was very professional and would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Had Chris access residential TV (no pic).

11/27/2012

Larry T.

I called, described my problem and the company gave me directions on how to correct the problem. No in-person service call needed. And although I would have gladly paid for this three minutes of their time, the man asked for nothing. Now that is service! Should I have a need for a repair call this would be the first company I would ask.

Description of Work
The problem had to do with loss of signal to my TV set. CEL gave me directions over the phone on how to fix the problem. The fix required certain manipulations of the TV set's embedded controls.

11/20/2012

Barbara M.

During the first visit, he spent a long time working on the TV & explaining to me what happens with RCA TVs after time. He said I should buy a sound bar & that he'd install it for me on the second visit. He also took another TV, moved it upstairs for me & reconnected at no charge. He was just a really, really nice guy. He has an electrical license so he can do other repairs too. He's a very pleasant & nice person & was pretty much on time. He was clean & polite. I live alone & felt comfortable with him in the house. He also speaks English which is hard to find. I'm very pleased. Keep him on the list!

Description of Work
The first visit was on 10.1.12 & the second visit was 10.10.12. The sound went out on my TV.

11/04/2012

Michael K.

Our 2-year old Panasonic 46-inch HDTV stopped working in October, 2012. We found CEL TV Repair on Angie's List. Chris, the technician (and owner), showed up at the promised time, removed the back of the TV, and performed some tests. Chris said that the diagnostic codes indicated a power problem and that he needed to order a replacement part from Panasonic. Chris took the TV into his shop and returned it in about 10 days. He said the repair and testing went well. CEL gave us a 90-day warranty on the repair.

Description of Work
CEL repaired our Panasonic HDTV. Chris, the technician, initially tried to repair it in our home, however, he discovered it was necessary to order a part. He took our set into the shop, did the repair, and returned it in about 10 days. Most of the 10 days was spent waiting for a part from Panasonic. He left us a loaner to use, so we were not without a TV during this time.

01/13/2012

Jeff D.

The CEL representative was courteous, on time, highly knowledgeable and performed excellently.

Description of Work
CEL Television and Satellite Repair corrected the antenna problem and reviewed the system.

Category tv antenna

White Crow Repair Inc.

Home Appliance Repair And Service You Can Count On! We provide reliable appliance repair services. We fix all brands and types of appliances. Our goal is to make sure you get the best appliance repair service for the best price available in the market. We do not offer installation services.

I.T GUY NOW

I.T GUY NOW is devoted to help it's clientele with the best experience of customer service and support for all their IT support, IT consulting, Network Support, and Computer Repair requirements. Our team has helped diverse industries in San Diego and surroundings.

Neli Virtual Appliance Repair

Award 2022
    Offers by Neli Virtual Appliance Repair on Angi

Home repair and installation made simple, we'll come to you. Our expert tech services include appliance installation, maintenance, and repair, TV mounting, maintenance and repair, TV Dish installation, maintenance and repair. We fix washers, dryers, microwaves, dishwashers, stoves, ovens, refrigerators, satellites, TVs & flatscreens, turntables, and home audio systems. We cover the greater East Bay Area and offer honest affordable quotes. "A" rating with the BBB and Angies List.

We do not offer any services in our installation practices that would require any adding or moving of any electrical house wiring.