SC Contractors

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2013

SC Contractors is a family oriented company, in business for over 20 years. Our mission is to enhance lifestyles by providing visually appealing home and property improvements that have enduring value. Every project, large or small, is completed with attention to detail and quality. Our vision is to be recognized as the company revolutionizing the concrete, masonry and outdoor lifestyle industry by becoming the preferred choice for home and property owners. We guarantee commitment to providing our customers with the level of professionalism, dedication and customer service you deserve....

+5 more images

stamped concrete201990501
Fire Pit Veneer stack stone Stamped colored concrete
Decorative Fire Pit/concrete  project

stamped concrete

201990501

masonry (25)concrete driveways (13)concrete repair (10)Patios (9)hardscaping (5)lawn & landscaping (3)stamped concrete (2)plastering (2)irrigation system (2)landscape lighting (1)mudjacking (1)driveway pavers (1)

07/12/2022

SIMON A.

Chief and his team are great. They tell you like it is and performs. We were told the project would take about a week but they ended up finishing in 3 days. Very communicative and he addressed all of our concerns and paid attention to the details that we didn't know about as well. We will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Partial driveway replacement and backyard

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

02/10/2021

Jeremy S.

demo’d extended and replaced driveway

Description of Work
Chief from SC contractors was nothing short of amazing. super pro, on time, fast work, cleaned up the job site so perfectly - most importantly the job was done faster than expected and looked even better than i had hoped. I got multiple bids and they were the best value as well. I would strongly recommend Chief and SC contractors!

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

01/23/2021

Earl W.

Excellent work. The crew worked hard, showed up early every day and worked late. High quality work was completed in a timely manner and for a reasonable budget. Really enhanced the look of my home with the new driveway and lawn. Courteous, respectful, work crew and easy to get along with.

Description of Work
new approach with sidewalk, decorative concrete and sod installation

Category concrete driveways, landscaping

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

Review for SC Contractors - 19009 S Laurel Park Rd, Compton, CA - 39155303

01/02/2021

Harsh T.

Excellent work, very friendly, completed in time as promised, goes out of way to give 100% customer satisfaction, very reliable work, fully trustworthy.

Description of Work
Concrete - Pouring & Repair, Lawn Irrigation

Category concrete repair, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

12/20/2020

Peter S.

Our contact man at SC contractors was a man who liked to be known as "Chief". His most important characteristic was his total credibility - if he said he would do something then he did it - you could totally depend upon him. We had him completely demolish and rebuild a walled patio. Weeks afterwards we are still marvelling at all the little details which together make it so marvelous. For example, harsh rectangular outlines of flowerbeds were replaced by sweeping curves. Our old patio had become uneven and like an obstacle course. Chief and his men wielded numerous kinds of spirit levels and sighting devices so that the walls came out perfectly straight and smooth. Chief had the idea of making low walls around the flower beds and then filling them in with soil, so that our flower beds became raised flower beds. In the course of this they repaired old irrigation and put in new. One of Chief's best ideas was to put in surface drains in the patio floor which make it easy to wash down the patio. Another good idea was to put in steps to go from inside the patio to the lawn outside. It was very obvious that Chief was highly experienced at Patio design and we were benefiting from all his accumulated knowledge. I recommend his services wholeheartedly and without any reservation.

Description of Work
Backyard Patio

Category stucco, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

Review for SC Contractors - 19009 S Laurel Park Rd, Compton, CA - 39099575

01/30/2018

Corina A.

Sc Contractors arrived on time and got it done earlier than the time they gave me. Removed existing wall and concrete in my back yard. They poured colored stamp concrete of my choice with an outdoor fireplace and replace my old wall with a nice white vinyl fence. The workers were very professional and well organized with their work and cleaned up at the end of the day. I highly recommend their service and will definitely use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Replace old wall and remodeled backyard hardscape

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

06/09/2017

Stewart C.

Joseph showed up on Saturday to quote the job, which he did on the spot, saying it would take a week and they could start the following Monday (2 days later). We agreed and a crew arrived Monday morning. They worked solidly through the week, removing an existing concrete patio, clearing the side passage of gravel and rubble and preparing the ground. Concrete was poured in two stages, to make the job more manageable a get a better result. Some contractors would have done it more cheaply in one pour, but with a lesser result. Everything but the final coat of stucco was completed within the week. They were back on the following Monday to complete the finishing touches. Joseph was always available by phone, or in person, for any questions, minor modifications, etc.

Description of Work
Install stamped concrete in backyard and side passage, including adding some steps. Also move small retaining wall.

Category plastering, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

06/03/2017

Joy A.

I coordinated with Joseph for an onsite quote. He called and left a vm, a week later I did too. He said to text a date and time and we agreed on one. He did not show up even when I texted an hour before letting him know he can come earlier if he wanted to. My time is limited and he wasted it as I could have had another contractor come to provide a quote. The contractor before him was late but he had the professional courtesy to let me know and ask if it was still ok to come. Communication is null with this company based on my experience.

Description of Work
Pave my driveway

Category concrete driveways

05/04/2016

Benoit H.

SC contractor had been working on a large project on my neighbor's property for a couple weeks. They seemed very professional and my neighbor was happy with them so I asked them to give me a quote on a retaining wall. Sef came over and gave me a quote. After comparing with 3 other contractors I found him very competitive, plus I knew that it would be professional as I had seen his work. As his price was under budget, we decided to add a curved concrete staircase and add a few steps on the side of the property. Sef did not request any money upfront and promised me he would not go over what we had agreed on. They started when they said they would and worked very hard for a week. Sef took care of scheduling everything. The sub contractors he hired (concrete delivery, pumping, and stucco) were very professional. As a matter of fact his stucco team was better than the one my GC had hired on another project. The wall and stairs came out better than expected. Even a few months after the work has been done, I'm still very impressed by the quality of their work. I already recommended them to a couple of my neighbors and will certainly use them again if I need concrete work.

Description of Work
Build a long 4ft high retaining wall with 3ft deep foundation. Build a curved concrete staircase up the hillside Build concrete steps on the side of the property

Category concrete repair, masonry, plastering, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/01/2016

02/01/2016

Jan M F.

It has gone horribly or barely at all. I am very frustrated with this company and the lack of communication and follow through. I purchased a Big Deal for 100sq feet of concrete work at the end of the summer. Within a week Joseph came out to look at the site and requested that I get the required permit from the city instead of him so that he could avoid the need to post a bond. (In retrospect, I should have recognized this as the first sign this was not going to go well.) I agreed to do this, but it took several months of unsuccessfully trying to use the city's online permitting process (that is another story) before I finally went in person and obtained the permit and scheduled the preconstruction inspection. The next day after the inspection, I called SC Contractors and told them I was ready to proceed and that I had the permit and the inspectors requirements for the work. It was close to the holidays, and apparently their were also personal issues, but SC Contractors finally said they would be sending one of their experts out to look at the job again. On the appointed day I got a message that this person was tied up at another job and would come the following Tuesday. No show, no call. I called SC Contractors to try to schedule again (we were now in a rainy period) and Seth rather reluctantly came during a brief period of clear weather to look at the work again and to get a copy of the work permit. After telling me that he thought the proposed project was greater than the 100sq feet of the deal and my telling him to charge me whatever the additional amount was, he said the office would call to schedule the work. I said I understood the weather might interfer for a while, but that I wanted to get the work done even if there was an additional cost. After Seth left, I measured the project area and called the office and told them that it was approximately 80 sq feet, well under the 100 sq feet purchased by the Big Deal. That was about 3 weeks ago and still I have not been contacted and my phone calls are not being returned. I contacted Angie's List to enlist their help and I have called SC Contrators several times but have only been able to leave messages. At this point, I am approaching the point where the promotional value of the deal will expire. I wonder if that is what this company is counting on. I do not recommend this company. They had good reviews, but something has drastically changed.

Description of Work
Not responsive, past the first site visit. The work has not been done.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 08/26/2015

11/04/2015

Neal P.

I am glad I found these guys. A super friendly family business. Very reasonable estimate. Prompt starting date. Very quick, but good quality work. They work hard and put in long hours. I thought this would be a 2 or 3 week job and they did it in one week. They answered all my questions, were concerned that I be satisfied, and did a really thorough cleanup when done here. They were very flexible about add-ons or additional requests during the existing project. The results met all of my expectations and left a smile. It's important to note; For a project this size, I thought there would be some required down payment and indeed multiple progress payments. They did not request the typical $1,000 up front. They actually did not want any payment until the project was complete. I only made one direct supplier payment to the concrete company delivering and pumping the concrete, which is typical and customary. I plan to use them again for my next project. Great team of workers!

Description of Work
Installed 77 foot concrete block retaining wall, and expanded driveway and street entrance to driveway.

Category masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/30/2015

09/23/2015

larry B.

....the entire process was quick,professional and very,very competent,they arrived on time did a great job,met all my extra requests without any extra charge and completely cleaned up the work site including putting up barrier tape to allow for proper drying,its been many years since ive recived such positive service from a vendor..... from the wonderful professional service provided by Seth,Joseph,Denise and the exceptional crew.......Ty SC Contractors

Description of Work
I contacted scc to install a small driveway Installation of a small driveway Installation of a small driveway Installation of a small driveway

Category concrete driveways, masonry, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 09/19/2015

On behalf of SC Contractors, we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with the service you requested. We enjoyed working for you and appreciate your expression of appreciation. Thank you for being a great customer. Sincerely, SC Contractors

08/31/2015

Eva C.

Not good. I called the provider prior to purchasing the offered deal as I had a couple of questions. They were answered and then I was told I didn't need to purchase the deal through Angie's List but that he would honor the price. Joseph of SC Contractors asked me to text him my address so he could come by for an inspection. He did not contact me to set up the inspection. I contacted him and arranged for him to come by on Sunday at 10:00 am. He never showed nor called.

Description of Work
Nothing. I called the provider prior to purchasing the offered deal as I had a couple of questions. They were answered and then I was told I didn't need to purchase the deal through Angie's List and that he would honor the price. Joseph of SC Contractors asked me to text him my address so he could come by for an inspection. He did not contact me to set up the inspection. I contacted him and arranged for him to come by on Sunday at 10:00 am. He never showed nor called.

Work Completed On 08/28/2015

07/23/2015

janet L.

They were very accommodating. They went above and beyond what a cement pouring contractor would normally do. They cleaned up as the went. They were very pleasant.

Description of Work
They installed a new driveway, walkway, and a new patio in the back yard. They also installed new planters in the front, and back, yard.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 07/03/2015

07/10/2015

paul F.

Everything went very well. They showed up as promised, cleaned up after themselves and made the patio exactly as I wanted. They kept me informed throughout the job and I'm very happy with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
pour a large patio

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 07/09/2015

04/29/2015

Bobby M.

Wonderful, couldn't be happier with work done by Sef and his crew. I had old brick and concrete sideyard and worn-out grass and plants in back yard; we envisioned a flagstone patio with drought tolerant planting areas and walkway to transition into a flat concrete sideyard. He helped with the design of my backyard stonework and came up with ideas for the design that I hadn't that we implemented. His workers were always courteous and cleaned up after themselves at the end of the work day. They were able to accommodate my schedule and frequent interruptions by SC Edison for telephone pole work on our street.His estimate was competitive and we did not end up paying anymore than expected. We didn't spend much time in our backyard because it was an eyesore, Sef and his team have helped make it a haven we don't want to leave. I look forward to working with SC contractors for future projects.

Description of Work
Removed existing brick and concrete patio Removed grass/plants in preparation for new patio Placed flagstone over existing steps Installed poured concrete patio Installed flagstone pathway and patio created stone wall and steps lay conduits for future irrigation and low voltage outdoor lighting

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 02/25/2015

10/21/2014

Kathleen B.

It went from a small project to a large one but the finished product is beautiful and should last a long time. The crew was great! They did a wonderful job on the new deck around our spa.

Description of Work
We removed an existing spa from our brick deck and installed a new one that was a little smaller so we needed some brick work done. As they started working on the project they found that the brick we had was no longer made so we needed to replace all the brick on the deck. Once the brick was removed they found that we had a lot of dry rot damage so the entire deck had to be rebuilt.

Category masonry, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 10/21/2014

09/17/2014

Darko C.

Showed up on time to demo very efficient prep work was excellent poured concrete was beautiful While concrete was curing no contact from contractor They left there tools and wheel barrel at the house I noticed they damaged the fence It seamed like they only came to pick up tools they needed for the next job Whenever they came by to pick something up I would ask when they would fix my fence and collect the wood frame they would say later this week Finally they came and collected the wood framing around the concrete and I asked again about the fence and also when will they fill the holes left from wood framing they said no problem later this week Never showed up again I ended up filling the space next to concrete with dirt myself and fence is still broken I must stress that the concrete work was excellent though so I am for the most part happy just disappointed in the little details after job complete and my broken fence

Description of Work
New driveway New patio.

Category concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 08/08/2014

05/16/2014

Karen B.

Completed on time, the bricks job was better than expected. There was one item that needed to be completed and I requested them to come back to seal the brick-work I was given a date for the work and got a no show and no return calls. Neighbors have hired the company since my completion.

Description of Work
Brick jobs was the work to be performed, the removal and disposal of the existing marble, perfect. Started the brick work and the job was estimated to take 7 days and they cleaned up everyday at the close of work. Several workers and trucks were involved and they were very professional while working the job.

Work Completed On 04/05/2014

04/28/2014

Mei Lun T.

I called and they came and gave me an estimate the following day. The work started on time and was completed in the estimated time period. The project manager and workers were professional. We are very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Remove & haul away existing asphalt driveway, steps, planters, concrete slabs in front of street parking, remove and cut down trees, install steps with bricks as borders, Use wire mesh for reinforcement, and pour 4 inches of concrete for driveway, steps and slabs.

Work Completed On 04/17/2014

02/14/2014

Sefica T.

They were great! They were on time and completed the work when they said they would. They gave us a very fair price. Their responsiveness was the best part of it because I called them that day and they came out that day and I gave them the job and they said it will take them three or four days and they did.

Description of Work
SC Contractors did some concrete work for us.

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 07/17/2013

11/05/2013

cathy O.

My backyard patio was so cracked and uneven that we did not like to let the kids play out there. It's beautiful now. SC Contractors showed up on time, cleaned up at the end of each day and were very patient with our 4 and 6 year old who had lots of questions. Their price was very competitive, (I had 4 estimates) and they worked with us to fit our schedule. We were so happy with the backyard that we had them do the driveway too. It looks great. I can't help but laugh when I drive down my block now and I see 5 other driveways being redone by SC Contractors. I guess my neighbors this it looks great too!

Description of Work
Removed and replaced concrete in our driveway and patio. Added brick trim to both. Extended and raised the existing back porch and added brick trim.

Category concrete driveways, masonry, patios

Work Completed On 10/07/2013