John Myatt

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2011

8498 E Herndon Ave

Clovis, CA 93619

I have been a licensed contractor for 34 years. I specialize in home remodeling and home repair. I generate new business by word of mouth referrals from satisfied customers. For home repair jobs I charge a 3 hour minimum at $50 an hour $150 .For remodeling and building projects price depends upon materials and time needed. I have lived and worked in this area all my life. I have extensive working relationships with subcontractors I use on larger projects. Additional DBA: J.L. Myatt Construction...

01/31/2021

Leon L.

Great! Will be contacting when ever I need his services.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

08/18/2020

Mac M.

Fantastic, John was here early and was very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced a wall switch and prewired for ceiling fan.

Category electrician, garage builders, ceiling fans

02/23/2020

Patrick B.

Called - and said he retired.

Description of Work
faucet repair

Category handyman service

Sorry [Member Name Removed] I must have missed took you for a telemarketer that's the only people I say I'm retired too so they'll quit calling me sorry for the miss conception on my part . Try Clovis Plumbing Todd does great work he's in the book

10/03/2019

Doug K.

excellent. john was on time, friendly and explain everything what he was going to do. i will definitely use john again on future projects.

Description of Work
install a vent and adjustment on blow for the microwave above the stove

Thank you [Member Name Removed] ,it was a pleasure meeting you and your son

08/05/2018

Carol S.

I reached out to John and he immediately returned my call to let me know he was out of town for 2-weeks. He referred me to another plumber that did an excellent job. I thought that was the last I heard from John but he took an extra step. When he got back into town he followed-up with me to be sure that all my needs were taken care AND if I was satisfied...who does that now-a-days? John does! Thank you so much John for caring about your customers!

Description of Work
Pipe issue in shower

Category plumbing

12/27/2017

HOWARD T.

John is Excellent in every way. Very Professional.

Description of Work
Electrical and plumbing work for our 18 year old home. After 18 years, lots of things need repair or replacement.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, interior painters

07/22/2017

Margaret Y.

Excellent, Mr. Myatt returned my call and scheduled me for an appointment promptly. He is very professional and knowledgeable at what he does. I highly recommend him and would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
A sink faucet, garbage disposel and front yard water faucet all replaced.

Category handyman service, plumbing

06/03/2017

HOWARD T.

Excellent! Everything went great. John very professional, timely, and his prices are fair. He is definitely the best of the best.

Description of Work
Installed outdoor lighting and repaired ceiling fans

10/31/2016

Ronald P.

Repair went well. He was able to replace the larger areas and patch the smaller damaged which kept the cost down. Also repaired two roof valleys to prevent the damage from happening again.

Description of Work
Was hired to repair damaged and rotted fascia boards.

Category handyman service, woodworking

09/17/2016

Becky F.

John was awesome. He showed up when promised and did a great job. I especially love my new porch light! Thank you John!

Description of Work
3 lights, 3 switches and 1 porch light

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

08/17/2016

Karen F.

Description of Work
John Myatt is the main partner and George Fitzhenry is his other partner. It is George's number I have provided. He did exceptional work in repairing a hole in my ceiling. I am so pleased with this work and will hire John Myatt and George Fitzhenry in the future!

Category garage builders

06/08/2015

Elizabeth S.

John responded promptly. He came out to address the problem with our whole house fan. Through conversation via emails, he thought it might be one isdue. However, upon inspection he realized that was not the issue and told me how I'd be able to fix it myself (& save me money). I opted for him to do it then and there. He completed the job throughly and extremely professionally. We will definitely be calling John when we need a handyman again!

Description of Work
Reframed our whole house fan opening in the ceiling

Category electrician, handyman service

05/22/2015

HOWARD T.

John was precisely on time, professional, pleasant, delightful to talk with and did EXCELLENT work.

Description of Work
Hung 2 Casa Blanca Ceiling fans. Cleaned and replaced bulbs in multiple ceiling fans and light fixtures.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting

04/01/2014

Karen C.

I did not end up using this vender. Your system is requiring a response on the over all rating. But does not give me a NA answer option.

Description of Work
I did not end up doing the project that brought this request. They were very nice.

02/23/2014

Michael D.

He is skilled and very reasonably priced. We would no hesitate to call John for any future repair work.

Description of Work
John repaired a ceiling crack and supported it against future damaged in our living room and then matched the very unusual texturing perfectly. He also repaired damaged drywall in our spare bedroom and textured the wall to match the other walls and then matched all paint. Finally he repainted exterior eave repair work.

08/05/2013

Karen F.

They did a great job! Their price is reasonable for the work they did and compared to other quote that I have received. I really like their service I can't say anything that I dislike; they showed up on time and finish the job on time.

Description of Work
I used John Myatt / J.L.MYATT CONSTRUCTION for drywall and painting.

Category drywall, interior painters

07/18/2013

Tanie M.

he was very quick to respond to my email, very quick to stop by, very quick with a quote... decision to go with another company was based on timeline. thank you!

Category remodeling

05/13/2013

Annie R.

Description of Work
John provided us with an estimate for some basic repairs, re-grouting tiles, patch jobs, small details to get our home ready to rent. He was on time, very thorough and professional. We are waiting on an alternate living space before we use his services.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

05/10/2013

Linda P.

He was a pleasant fellow and spent plenty of time to hear what my request was. He got back to me several days later with the estimate. That estimate was a little high for my purposes and he was kind enough to give me a referral to another handyman that might fit my price range better.

Description of Work
John Myatt / J.L.Myatt Construction gave me an estimate for some general remodeling.

Category remodeling

08/24/2012

Juliana G.

Honesty and excellent work again! After completing work on the exterior of our house, I had John by for some help with the kitchen. I just hated the look of the kitchen in general and the cabinets specifically. We talked about them and he could have sold me a job refinishing or painting the cabinets since that was the direction I was leaning. Instead, he advised that I wash and oil them to restore the wood. He told me that the end panels had never been put in place by the original builder which is why the cabinets looked so shabby. He also noted that the tile was fine - except on the island - but the grout needed work. Finally, we discussed options for the island. With his advice, I washed and oiled the cabinets. He put on the end panels and added knobs and drawer pulls. He replaced the sink and had the grout replaced and sealed. He removed the tile top on the island and replaced it with the most beautiful piece of butcher block that I have ever seen. He even bought the oil for it and rubbed it down once it was in position. I love my kitchen now. John could have talked me into a very costly remodel but he listened and using his years of experience he provided great advice. He'll be the one I call to remodel the bathrooms, guaranteed.

Description of Work
Remove and replace kitchen sink and faucet, remove and replace grout and seal, remove island counter top and replace with butcher block, install cabinet end panels with trim and base boards, install cabinet door knobs and drawer pulls.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

06/28/2012

Cate C.

Professional on showing up and dealing but way off mark on price.

Description of Work
Called John for installing new wood fence based on reviews I saw on Angie's list. John was responsive and came over quickly to give an estimate. Unfortunately, his estimate was double what other fencing companies provided. He gave me an estimate for $4800.00 for 66 feet of fencing when others provided $2000.00. He was very professional and nice so not sure what happened. He stated that he normally does drywall so not sure if he never took the time to price materials and overestimated labor. Based on this I am weary if his estimates on other repairs might be off the mark. He did not perform any work for me so I cannot speak to his workmanship. He was kind and professional so I respect that.

Category fencing, handyman service

05/17/2012

Jodi T.

John showed up the day after I called him to provide me with an estimate of what I wanted done, took measurements and received 10% down and a material draw on 02/22/12. He did all of the prep work on the metal and wood at his residence and although the work was delayed somewhat by rain, once he arrived to complete fabrication and install the gates, he did it in one day. The entire experience went exceptionally well!

Description of Work
I needed a 20' gate constructed on my back driveway which opened onto a public alley. John fabricated a metal frame and attached 8' cedar board (after weatherproofing the boards) in a staggered pattern that did not leave any gaps for viewing of the backyard by anyone in the alley. Each gate was 10' attached to metal poles placed in cement. Each gate is equipped with wheels making access much easier. Also included were security items such as a heavy duty bolt lock and poles fitted into drilled cement.

Category drywall, electrician, fencing, handyman service, plastering, ceiling fans, interior painters

05/17/2012

Jodi T.

The first day John and his son Adam arrived, they coated floor and walls with plastic, put up scaffolding, tore out and hauled away all of the old drywall from the ceiling. John did the rest of the job on his own. We saved at least an hour a day because, although he offered to tear down all of the plastic on a daily basis, I told him not to bother because it seemed stupid to do the same work over and over. He began work on 3/12/12 and finished 10 days later. He cleaned up on a daily basis and is one of the most hard-working people it has ever been my pleasure to meet. The original job was to just put up insulation and new drywall, but after seeing all of the work he was proficient at, I expanded the contract to include everything else mentioned above. This was a huge job for one person and he did it extemely well.

Description of Work
I had a 350 sq. ft. den with a cathedral ceiling and large exposed beams. When I purchased the home, there was little to no insulation in this room and a popcorn ceiling with six coats of paint on the beams. I then had the paint scraped from the beams and the beams sanded, and then I called John. He removed the old drywall and accompaning popcorn, installed new therafoam insulation, stained the beams, discovered the existing wiring for a ceiling fan was insufficient and rewired using the correct wiring, installed new drywall, was actually able to expose an extra inch of beam, painted the drywall, applied hand plastering (in two different colors), and installed a new ceiling fan. Now I have a ceiling that looks like the sky, with cirrus clouds skittering on the wind!

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plastering, ceiling fans, interior painters

01/09/2012

David F.

Excellent service and prompt identification of problem. There is a 4 hour minimum charge for service and John was ready, willing and able to use any left-over time (after our primary problem was fixed) to do additional handyman jobs. As a result we were able to have him repair a bathroom faucet, correct a problem with the sand/silt filter on our main waterline, as well as trouble-shoot and fix some outdoor lightning problems. He is very knowledgable and provides a lot of information that will help us maintan our home. He is fast, courteous and conscientious about his work. We highly recommend him and will be using him for more work in the future.

Description of Work
Home electrical problem identified fixed. Plumbing and faucet repair. Outdoor lighting fixed along with an estimate for future electrical/lighting installation.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

09/15/2011

Juliana G.

Excellent Quality Professional Service! I was given John's name and number by a friend who had had John do all manner of work. She recommended him very highly. John is licensed and bonded which made me feel confident about contracting with him. I called him and he came right over. He was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the fence and the siding repair. With his assistance, I was able to define the work I wanted done. Within a couple days, John called with an excellently priced bid. He personally put in the fence. I was amazed at the quality of the construction and attention to detail - unlike a shared fence a neighbor put in a couple years ago at two times John's price with very poor construction. He used the same approach to the wood siding ensuring that everything was just so. He even came on a Saturday to complete the work so we would be ready when the painters came. He subcontracted out the painting and handled it all to the last detail. Again, he was so knowledgeable that he was able to address issues with the painters that would not have even occurred to me. I cannot tell you how happy I am to have someone whom I can trust to provide such great work at such a reasonable price! Too bad I can't give him better than an A grade because he deserves it!

Description of Work
Wood siding repair and painting, new wooden fence and gate