We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Motto Construction

Founded 2008 • With Angi since October 2010

5433 Clayton Road, Suite K #261

Clayton, CA 94517

Motto Construction is a family-owned and operated full-service general contractor specializing in residential projects. We are licensed, bonded, and insured with over 25 years of experience in a wide variety of projects and a strong background in both American and European building techniques. We do everything from bathroom/kitchen remodeling, flooring, rough and finish carpentry, plumbing, and much more. We offer the highest standard of quality craftsmanship and customer service. We work closely with you, the city building department for permitting and inspections, our sub-contractors, and your interior designers and architects at all phases of your project. We always focus on what you want, and provide you with the best option to achieve your desired result. We believe in building a lasting relationship with you by exceeding your expectations and gaining your trust through quality work....

04/20/2018

Don S.

Very well. Otto did a very good job. He's professional, punctual, and friendly.

Description of Work
Identified and fixed dry rot issues around the outside of the house.

Category siding, woodworking

Thank you for your business! It was great working with you!

09/26/2015

Altalida M.

Motto Construction was a lifesaver! A previous unqualified provider created a leak in my bathroom wall and sealed it with new tile. After I got the leak stopped I hired Motto Construction to fix the damage and restore the bathroom. The damage went through my unit into my neighbors. My neighbor was NOT happy. Motto Construction worked with my neighbor in a professional matter to ensure the work would be completed in a timely and high quality matter. First they ensured the water was dried within the walls and made new drywall and painted my neighbors walls and ceiling. Next they redid the plumbing work, drywall and installed new tile and bathroom fixtures which included a new shower head and tub faucets. Their customer service aspects included helping me pick out new tile as my previous tile was ruined and I had trouble finding something else I liked. I felt like they did a wonderful job and held my hand through it!. Professional, quality work completed in a timely manner. I would hire them for other remodeling work.

Description of Work
Repair of previous providers shoddy work including plumbing work, repair of water damage from my unit through to neighbors unit with new drywall, painting, bathroom remodel with new tile upgrade and new fixture upgrades.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

Dear [member name removed], Thank you for your wonderful review! I am happy that you are enjoying your new bathroom. Please contact me for any other projects I can help you with. Regards, Otto

10/03/2014

Sandra L.

Otto came to give an estimate to fix the post and seemed very knowledgeable in construction. I had a limited timeframe in which the work needed to be done which he was able to accommodate.. He and his helper were here this morning and I couldn't be happier with their work. They got here a few minutes early this morning with a new post that they had already been primed for painting, removed the old post and secured the new one in to the concrete porch which had not been the case with the old one, painted and cleaned up as they went along. A very courteous and professional contractor who knows how to do things properly and his price was very reasonable. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced a porch post that had shifted during an earthquake.

Category concrete repair

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you!

07/17/2013

Richard F.

Our concrete patio has severely spotted. Motto Construction told us it was because of a bad concrete mix when the patio was originally layed. The contractor showed up on time every day. They acid washed the concrete the first day. The second day they applied the first coat. When we came home, we noticed that cracks in the patio were now glowingly obvious because of the color of the resurfacing compound. We discussed it next day when the contractor arrived. They applied a flexible concrete caulk to the cracks before applying the second coat. It came out beautiful. No cracks. No spots.

Description of Work
Resurface concrete patio

Category concrete repair

10/14/2010

Karen C.

It was a huge job, and they were fabulous. They did a great job for us. They were always here everyday. They were punctual and tidy. They had European craftsmanship. They were great overall. The total project came up to about $50,000 of which the material ran probably close to $30,000. I would use them again in the future. I keep trying to find more projects to do but I am just out of money.

Description of Work
We used Motto Construction to replace 1400 sq. ft. of decking with something called Ipe hardwood, which is a Brazilian hardwood. They also had to dig down and pour 38 concrete piers.

Category concrete repair, decks

JC Construction

Specializing in Drywall Framing Sheetrock Texturing & Painting, with over 32 years of experience, reviews from Neighborhood, Yelp, Licensed & Bonded please contact me through Ang list, contact number or email.

Lord Family Development LLC

We specialize in home and property improvement or development. From Retaining walls, to Resurfacing Decks and outdoor surfaces. We aim to Develop the best home and property you envision, through detail oriented work based in quality. Together my brother and I (Lord Brothers) have experience since 2017 in the construction and landscape trades. We look forward to working with you.

AMM Fencing

AMM Fencing is a highly-rated outdoor construction company serving the Tri-Valley area, as one of its largest providers of residential redwood fencing. Our company offers competitive pricing and an easy process, from start to install. We provide each customer with a personalized estimate, and a high-quality installation process that fits your schedule. This has earned us the esteemed title of Diamond Certification #2084, with 98% of our customers stating that they would continue to use AMM Fencing for any additional projects. All of our Redwood is premium grade, locally sourced and naturally resistant to insects, decay, and warping! Our provided services are extensive, including Redwood Fencing & Gates, Pressure Treated Retaining Walls, Wrought Iron Fencing & Gates, Wired Fencing & Gates, Decks, Arbors, and Trellises. We are a locally owned, operated, and licensed fencing contractor committed to servicing East Bay communities like Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Diablo, Blackhawk, Alamo, Moraga, Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Clayton, Concord, Martinez, Castro Valley, Hayward, San Lorenzo, and San Leandro. Estimates are free, and provided Monday - Friday from 10am-3pm. No deposit is required and payments are made easy with our online billing system. We also accept all major credit cards, checks, and cash! Each homeowner that contacts AMM, can be sure that they are in dependable hands. C13-Fencing License Number #969043

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    California
    Contractors State License Board
    05/31/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, Check, PayPal

Motto Construction offers the following general contractor services in the San Francisco Bay Area: * Bathroom remodeling * Decks, arbors, and pergolas * Demolition and disposal/recycling * Dry rot repair and retrofitting *Drywalling and taping * Fireplace remodeling * Flooring – laminate, hardwood, tile, etc. * Framing * Hauling and junk removal * Insulation * Interior/exterior painting and refinishing * Kitchen remodeling * Plumbing * Pressure washing * Room remodeling * Rough and finish carpentry * Seismic retrofitting * Siding and residing * Steam showers * Tank storage and tankless water heaters * Texturing * Tiling and solid surfaces * Waterproofing * Windows and doors. This list is not all-inclusive – please contact us to discuss your specific project.

Swimming pools, roofing, asbestos removal