A 1 GENERAL CONTRACTING

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

A-1 General Contracting is a family business located in Claremont, California. We can take care of your small needs, such as installing a new ceiling fan or your big projects, like adding a room to your home, creating a new kitchen or bathroom, or building your new home from the ground up. Every client is unique and we will be happy to assist you in any way that we can....

Prestige rapid building

Prestige rapid building

10/22/2014

Everything they do is perfect. He is excellent and always figures out the best way to do things with no shortcuts. I would highly recommend him. I've used him six times in the last two years while remodeling.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did electrical work. They moved a switch and I had him put in a plug. They also installed some recessed lighting.

CATEGORY electrician

12/08/2011

See above detail of the services performed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had the company come out to give me a quote for a garage extension with an additional side room and removing & making some walls for my hall bath. The first appointment was rescheduled by the company, but they did show up on time for the reschedule. Both guys were friendly and knowledgeable. They listened to what I wanted to have quoted, made some suggestions and told me I would receive a quote by email. I received the quote about a week later via email. Because of the amounts quoted, my husband is going to do the work himself; he is able, but doesn't have a lot of spare time. The amounts were too expensive for our budget.

CATEGORY home builders

05/04/2011

When we had an old deck removed, we discovered substantial dry rot in the bottoms of five large redwood posts that support part of an arbor that covers most of our brick patio. When were looking for someone to repair the arbor, Pete Pruitt of A-1 General Contracting was recommended to us by two people who work with general contractors. Pete came out to look the situation over the very day I phoned...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired large redwood support posts for an arbor by removing portions with dry rot and installing new concrete pedestals for the posts.

CATEGORY home builders

We'd like the opportunity to assist you in all your home needs. Most of our work takes place in Claremont and the surrounding areas. While our primary work is residential, we also work in the industrial/commercial industry.