Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service

Founded 2011 • With Angi since August 2011

Owner-operated. Cost is determined hourly or by the job. Email tenoriohi2020@gmail.com WEBSITE: www.tenoriohomeimprovement.com

2022 Super Service Award

handyman (96)electrician (30)lighting (25)plumbers (23)drywall (18)home remodeling (17)door installation (13)general contractors (12)woodworking (11)fence company (10)interior painting (7)ceiling fan installation (7)

03/08/2022

michelle K.

The work completed during the initial agreement period was beyond expectation, leading to significant scope creep (my husband and I continue to be impressed; thus, continue to add to the long wish list). Thus far, we have new built-in cabinets in the living room and den with beautiful (and highly functional and durable) countertops and an opening between the two rooms for barstools on either side (perfect dining or family game surface). Manuel and Joaquin were instrumental in design and execution. The master bedroom is completely redone (lighting, floors, painting, baseboards, patch and texture, outlets) and the master bath is nearing completion from ceiling to floor with a new barn door installed between bedroom and vanity/shower area. No task too small or large. We have a new gate around our entryway that our four dogs and the rest of the fam enjoy immensely - many compliments from neighbors too. The Tenorio's attention to detail and focus on planning and brining to life practical (and aesthetically pleasing) solutions make this team unbeatable. They are great communicators, easy to work with and have great vision from the beginning to the end of a project - working as partners to solution beyond satisfaction - not salespeople. They take pride in their craftsmanship and quality. If you can hire them - don't hesitate. We will - again and again!!

Description of Work
A myriad of small tasks and herculean undertakings (from repair to construct and/or rebuild).

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home theater design, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 03/07/2022

01/27/2022

Jewel T.

We have used Tenorio’s several times. They are always on time, fast and thorough cleanup. Whenever we need any work done, we will always use them because the price is right and the work is always excellent craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Partial kitchen remodel with countertops,dishwasher, sink and lighting.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/2022

11/05/2021

Judy D.

He is excellent, gave us recommendation, and reasonable price. He is a family man and he's in business for a long time. He is thoughtful and willing to work with you.

Description of Work
He reinforced the gazebo in my backyard and did a small jobs for us in the past.

Category handyman service, landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/05/2021

07/27/2021

Angel P.

He did an excellent job. His work was very clean and he finished ontime. He also recommended that I fix some electrical wiring in the attic. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Manuel did electrical work for me, he added lights and ceiling fans in 3 bedrooms. The rooms had no prior lights in them.

Category contractors, electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

Review for Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service - 7405 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA - 39418538

06/29/2021

Manny R.

All went fine and happy to use and/or refer this company to anyone.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

06/08/2021

Dave T.

Manuel did an excellent job repairing multiple areas with Sheetrock, after having the house re-plumbed. Manuel has helped us out with many big and small jobs (bathroom remodel, mission style bannister from scratch, fence work, cork flooring install, cedar alcove and more) over the years and we’ve always been very happy with the outcome. He’s a great down to earth guy that will give you the straight scoop, and try to work within your budget. He’s our go to guy if we ever need work done around the house beyond normal maintenance activities. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
Sheetrock repair

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

04/05/2021

Christian R.

Manuel and his team were responsive, professional and did fantastic work. We needed some basic home repair to get ready to list our home, and I was really pleased with their efficiency and quality. Without question we would work with them again, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Basic home repair

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/02/2021

02/24/2021

Christie C.

Fence work looks great. Love the Quiet Cool that was installed.

Description of Work
Fence and Quiet Cool

Category fencing

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

Review for Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service - 7405 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA - 39210838

02/23/2021

Doreen J.

Very well. Excellent workmanship. Manuel is easy to talk to. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Manuel to any of my friends or family.

Description of Work
Bathroom floor and toilet replaced

Category contractors, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Review for Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service - 7405 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA - 39208442

09/18/2020

Dixie D.

Over a period of about a month Tenorio's A+ Home Improvement did a total demo of my old bathroom, major framing repair work beneath the subfloor and in the walls, and installed a beautiful new bathroom (including drywall, wall texturing, painting, subway tile in shower, new sub floor and floor tile, pedestal sink, toilet, mirror, etc). They showed up everyday organized, on time and ready to work, were professional, courteous, communicative at every step - identifying issues encountered and explaining fixes, suggesting design options, and handled all the permitting and inspections. I absolutely love my new bathroom. I would definitely recommend these guys and plan to call on them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

Review for Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service - 7405 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA - 38885403

09/14/2020

Marta F.

Manuel did a great job during this project. This is the second time he has worked for us and could not be more happier. Will definitely hire him again and highly recommend him for any project.

Description of Work
Shower door installation

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

Review for Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service - 7405 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA - 38873229

07/15/2020

Bonnie V.

Manuel was very professional. He arrived on time and did a good job. My husband found one area he was not happy with, called Manuel and he came out the same day and worked to fix the problem. He was very informative about the product he was installing.

Description of Work
tri fold medicine cabinet installed, existing cabinet removed, paint touch up

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

02/04/2020

Elva D.

Hauled everything, went above and beyond. Definitely would use Manuel and his company again.

Description of Work
Haul away , yard waste , tree , branches

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

02/04/2020

Darcy F.

It was a pleasure to work with Manuel. He was very responsive, courteous, and open to working with our ideas. We love the work that he did for us and we would hire him again. In comparison to other contractors/handymen, his prices are a little higher but "you get what you pay for". very happy with the end product

Description of Work
install garage cabinets, garage sink, mount tv, build closet with shelves

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

02/03/2020

Doreen J.

Manuel's work is superb. He respects my opinions and gives me all possible options to consider. When he runs into pre-existing snags, he troubleshoots without complaint. His knowledge of multiple categories makes it very convenient for me, requiring no other contractors. Over several projects, I've come to trust him and enjoy friendly conversation with every visit. I look forward to having him take the helm on future renovations.

Description of Work
Custom redwood patio cover, Replace door with slider, Install additional kitchen cabinets

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Review for Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service - 7405 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA - 38365278

07/31/2019

Kathy B.

We’ve known Manuel for about six years now and we have been so fortunate to have found such a wonderful and honest contractor. Manuel goes above and beyond the call of duty to complete our projects in a timely manor. He is extremely Professional, knowledgeable in his field, and worked with us to accomplish our projects within our budget. He happened to be running on a very busy schedule, but when we had an emergency plumbing issue he was able to work us into his schedule very quickly. We were so relieved to have the issue fixed within a timely fashion. Not only has Manuel worked on our own home, but has prepared our rentals for our tenants. He remodeled two bathrooms along with installing beautiful tile, put in ceiling fans and new carpeting. We also love that Manuel always gives us options and choices for our projects. My husband and I would highly recommend Manuel Tenorio for your home improvement needs! Thank you Manuel...you’re the best!

Description of Work
We have had Manuel do many things to our old home that was built in 1927. He remodeled our upstairs bathroom, he built a new railing and banister for our stairway, he built a support structure for our roofline, and fixed a major plumbing issue in our basement. He also completed smaller projects for us around our home.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, pressure washing, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

07/19/2019

Anne T.

My husband and I, were looking for a contractor to remodel our kitchen. Our daughter recommended Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service. I am glad she did. The owner Manuel met with us and asked what we wanted done and our budget. He came back the next day with ideas for the kitchen. He was upfront with cost and time frame of remodel. I now have a state of the art kitchen. I would definitely recommended Tenorio's Construction and Handyman Service for any remodeling job. I know I will call them again for any remodeling work. Anne Toscano

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

06/14/2019

Diana R.

Love working with Manuel. He’s always knowledgeable and professional. His attention to detail and the quality of his work will keep us calling him back whenever we have projects around the house.

Description of Work
Inside: convert hallway niche to a beautiful linen close. Outside: build enclosure for trash cans; add lattice panels to fence: repair fence; backyard: replace old lattice privacy wall with contemporary slatted redwood wall; install ring doorbell, nest thermostat, solar house numbers, misc repairs around the house.

Category decks, fencing, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

05/24/2019

Gail S.

Although they are booked out several weeks, they are absolutely worth the wait. Because my bathroom was in its original 1975 configuration, there were a few surprises hidden behind the surface that caused some mental adjustments, but Manuel kept on in good humor and more grace than I was feeling. The work was done to beyond my expectations. I am delighted with the outcome every time I walk up the stairs and get the full view of my newly tiled shower enclosure and floor. I will never call anyone else for home improvement/maintenance projects, no matter how long it takes for him to fit me into the schedule. The job will be done correctly and efficiently by people who know what they are about.

Description of Work
Refresh/remodel main bathroom and vanity area.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/04/2019

05/17/2019

samuel L.

I had two literally rotten bathrooms that were overdue for work. One of the bathrooms had a huge scary hole in the middle. As it turns out, a previous contractor did a sloppy job in several areas that introduced a small leak that eventually rotted the bathroom floors. The Tenorio's group actually had to replace most of the pipes, and floors. At that point, we decided to make the bathrooms completely new. Much better than the previous work years ago. They were highly recommended by a friend who worked with several contractors. I did not rate the price because most other contractors that give a cheaper price may deliver cheaper results. If you need work now, here is your chance to hire them, because once I am ready, I will have them performing more work for me.

Description of Work
Two bathrooms rebuilt

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

05/02/2019

Angela J.

We weren't able to get on his schedule until June for the dry rot repairs, but he was willing to work with us and get the more urgent tasks done earlier. Very happy with the way the curb turned out.

Description of Work
Dry rot repairs, security camera installation, raised garden bed work, concrete curb

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

12/18/2018

Lisa L.

Manuel's crew comparison shopped for products, gave us lots of options to find what fit our budget. They were available quickly. They did a great job. Outstanding workmanship. Excellent communication. Superb customer service skills. They really work hard to make sure our family was satisfied with the job. Even down to the details, like cleaning up. Fantastic! The garage lights they chose are amazing! A terrific upgrade that was affordable. Every time I go to the garage I am delighted with the new lights! Thank you Tenorios!!!

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom light and fan, replaced outdated/broken garage lights.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, home remodeling