Sacramento Economy Lock & Key Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since November 2005

PO Box 3538

Citrus Heights, CA 95611

Formally Sacramento's Economy Lock & Key, now Tony's Economy Lock & Key,Inc., we provide services in the commercial and residential industry. Our customers can always depend on Tony's Economy Lock & Key,Inc. to get them out of the toughest situations. As a family-owned business, we treat everyone

04/04/2020

Dawn P.

Wonderfully. Tony was great to work with, he showed up for same-day service and was very professional. His prices were excellent and the services were completed in a timely fashion. We'd highly recommend Tony for all residential or commercial locksmith work.

Description of Work
Rekeying 4 doors with 8 locks on my home & 3 doors with 6 locks on my neighbor's home

01/21/2020

Chris E.

Called and scheduled within 24 hours. Locksmith was on time and completed the work quickly. He was very friendly and would certainly hire again.

Description of Work
Rekey of a new house

03/14/2019

Carla L.

Tony was able to come out the next day. He was willing to come even though I didn't have a check or credit card in hand; wallet was stolen along with house key & DL, etc. but I did have a new CC#. He was in and out in probably less than 45 minutes. He was clean, neat and professional. I would definitely use him again and refer him to my friends.

Description of Work
Tony re-keyed 3 deadbolts and installed a Charley bar for me.

12/27/2018

Anne P.

Very well. I scheduled this from Atlanta and they worked with my son to schedule. They were great and very responsive.

Description of Work
They rekeyed the house

02/17/2018

Linda H.

He was fast, efficient and cleaned up after himself. He is on time and Mary was very helpful in scheduling a good time for my appointment.

Description of Work
He installed a deadbolt lock .

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate it so much. Mary Ferrell

05/05/2017

saher S.

From the initial call until the work was done and they left, everything was fantastic!!!!! They were professional to the T. It has been 6 months since I had the work complete and everything is working as smooth as silk just as it did the day of the service.

Description of Work
I had to rekey all the locks in my house.

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. We try very hard to do the job the right [Member Information Removed]. I hope you keep us in mind for the next time. Mary Ferrell

04/10/2017

Stacy S.

Smoothly - my buyers were happy to have access to their mail.

Description of Work
Rekeying a private mailbox after my buyers closed on an escrow.

Thank you so much for the great review. We really appreciate it. Mary Ferrell

03/21/2017

warren A.

Technician was very professional easy to talk with. Was able to repair the dead bolt, saw an unrelated problem with the lock and fixed at no charge. Charge was $25.00 to fix the dead bolt and $65 for the Mobile Service.

Description of Work
Broken Dead Bolt on French Door.

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. It's very much appreciated. Mary Ferrell

03/14/2017

Shirlie M.

This was a bit of an unusual request - cedar chest lock was jammed and would not open. Their service was great - from office staff ( spoke with owner ) to technician ( Tony ) - all were courteous, professional and prompt

Description of Work
Unlock a jammed cedar chest lock

Category locksmith

Thank You so very much for the great review. We really appreciate it very much. Mary Ferrell

01/12/2017

Mary S.

.......................................................................

Description of Work
..........................................................................

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. We really appreciate it so much. Hope to help you again in the future. Sorry it took so long to thank you I have have problems sending it to you. [Member Name Removed] Ferrell

06/27/2016

Kyle D.

I would highly recommend John. Has very good communication. Arrived when expected. Quick and doing his work. Threw in a few extras free of charge. Did a neat and thorough job. I use him again for any future project.

Description of Work
Created a master key to 10 of my residential locks. Re-keyed each lock. Fixed a couple of deadbolt issues. Copied a few other keys for me.

02/24/2016

KIMBERLY Q.

Quick and easy and great pricing! Great Service

Description of Work
They re-keyed all our locks.

Category locksmith

Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate it so much. Welcome back to California. Thank you Mary Ferrell

01/23/2016

Ray M.

Mary was very responsive and courteous. The schedule of her locksmiths was full, but she worked me into their schedule within two days of when I first contacted her. The locksmith was affable and performed good work. Very good overall.

Description of Work
Rekeyed front door and installed provided deadbolt and lever in back door.

Category locksmith

Thank you so very much for the great review. I'm so glad you were happy with us. We try very hard to have happy customers. Thank you again Mary Ferrell

01/18/2016

stephanie J.

They were very responsive and came out to check out the issue. The work only took them about an hour, and for a fairly reasonable price. The technician was able to try a few different solutions, and ultimately was able to find something that works great. Will definitely call them out for any future lock issues.

Description of Work
We had called them to ask about replacing the hardware on our metal sun room door. They ended up coming out to take a look at it, and ended up installing a deadbolt (which required them to drill out / widen the holes on the metal door).

Category locksmith

Thank you for the great review. We try our very best to have a satisfied customer and are so thankful for your review. Thank you again Mary Ferrell

11/15/2015

Candy F.

Mary responded and scheduled the work promptly. Kept me informed about a slight delay in the technician's visit. Tony arrive;d and repaired the deadbolt quickly and professionally. Very good service; professional and friendly...I would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Repaired sticking deadbolt.

11/07/2015

Mark G.

I needed my home re-key as soon as possible. Mary worked her schedule around to make sure I was able to get a technician out that day. She was exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Unlike many business' she was determined to make sure I got the service I needed, when I needed it. Very, very nice. Tony is the technician that came out. He was very professional and very understanding when I had him re-key a lock and realized it shouldn't have been re-keyed! He patiently put it back to it's original state. I could not have asked for any better customer service or any fairer prices. Excellent job! I will keep them on my list of business' to recommend to friends and family when they need a locksmith! Thank you so much Mary and Tony......

Description of Work
Re-keyed several doors in my home.

08/25/2015

DALE R.

Mary, the owner, is very concerned with customer satisfaction. I'm Very Happy.

Description of Work
Mobile service, Re-keyed one lock, made 12 keys for lock.

Category locksmith

Hello I am so sorry about the confusion. We had a death in the family and Tony was given the responsibility of taking calls and working at the same time and on top of that our other employee was out with a tooth issue. When I read your review I was shocked, I thought you had the wrong company. We charge $1.50 a key not $12.00. That was my typing mistake. I sent a new invoice to your email. We have never had a bad review so this is very upsetting to me. What can I do to make it right? I am a very small business owner and would appreciate if you could fix the bad review on Angies List. Thank You Mary Ferrell

08/12/2015

John B.

Technician Tony Medcalf was FANTASTIC - wonderful attitude & great professionalism. Office Manager Mary couldn't have been sweeter. WITHOUT HESITATION, I heartily recommend this company!!!

Description of Work
Replaced hardware on dual french doors (labor only), and rekeyed one lock.

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. We try very hard to make sure all of our customers are satisfied with our work. We would appreciate any referrals that you might send our way. Mary Ferrell

05/13/2015

Abbey W.

Great! Arrived as expected and performed the work quickly and accurately. Locksmith was friendly and professional. Only (very minor) complaint I would have is how large the actual keys are, and how large their company name is printed on them. But not a big deal overall.

Description of Work
Re-keyed four locks, three of which were double locks, and I got five copies of keys at my request.

Thank you so much for the great review. We really apprecitate it. Mary Ferrell

04/28/2015

Sang Y.

My call was received promptly and when I inquired about when I could schedule to have my locks redone I was pleasantly surprised to hear they could do it the same day. In fact they came out within an hour and a half from when I called. I thought that was pretty impressive response time. He was there ten minutes early waiting for me and did everything fast and efficiently. He was very friendly and professional and would definitely recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Re key 3 locks and make 3 keys.

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate it so much. So glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Mary Ferrell

04/27/2015

SCOTT S.

Superb. They showed up 30 minutes after I called, fixed the original problem. I had them look at two other nagging problems, and both of them were fixed. Should have called them 5 years ago. Price was extremely reasonable. Will absolutely use Economy Lock and Key again.

Description of Work
Called to have 1 residential lock fixed. Also had them look at 2 other problematic locks.

Category locksmith

Thank you so VERY much for the great review. We try so hard to help our customers and make sure everone is taken care of. I'm so glad it worked out that we could get to you the same day. Mary Ferrell

12/30/2014

Eddy L.

Their scheduler worked with me to make sure the appointment fits my schedule. Their locksmith arrived on time and was very processional. Beginning to end, it took him less than 30 minutes to complete all the locks and he took the time to test the action of each one lubricating as necessary to ensure smooth operation. It's been over 1 year now and I have no problems with the lock.

Description of Work
They re-key'd 3 external locks of our new house as well as a storage cabinet lock. Made extra copies of the new keys.

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. It really helps us a lot with our small business. And we try so hard to do the job right and have satisfied customers like you. Thank you Again Mary Ferrell

12/26/2014

joanne F.

I believe the tech's name that came to my house was Tony. I called for same day service and got a call back within 1.5 hrs. I thought that was very quick turn around. I requested 6 locks to re-key plus extra copies of keys. Tech was efficient; quickly went to work and completed the work probably in 1 to 1.5 hrs. He did an excellent job and didn't charge me for the extra copies of keys. Cost $149 which I thought was a great price.

Description of Work
re-keyed 6 locks and made a total of 10 copies of keys.

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. We try to do our best to have satisfied customers. Tony takes pride in his work. Thank you for that. Mary Ferrell

10/27/2014

Kathleen B.

I asked for help and they sent a technician over within 2 hours. He was able to quickly fix the problem and even gave me the small tool he used to make the repair in case it happens again. At their suggestion, I contacted the manufacturer, and they will send a factory rep to check on the locking system as it is under warranty, but that will take 2 weeks. I am very happy that Economy Lock & Key was able to help me today, because I would not like to wait 2 weeks to get the lock fixed in case of an emergency.

Description of Work
Repaired a lock--the knob came off and the door could not be opened.

Category locksmith

Thank you so much for the great review. Our goal is to have satisfied customers. I' m so glad you are happy with our work. Please call if you have any questions. Thank you Mary Ferrell

10/22/2014

Kristen A.

Everything went great. The locksmith was professional and thorough. The lock that he swapped out was too shallow, so he drilled it out so that the bolt could actually complete the full turn. He also fixed another lock that was originally installed upside down, without me asking (I forgot). I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Sacramento Economy Lock & Key Inc. installed a new lock and re-keyed 2 other locks so that all 3 locks had the same key.

Category locksmith

Thank you so VERY much for the great review. That is how we want our customers to feel. Happy with our work and we really appreciate your taking time out of your day to send a review. Thank you agani Mary Ferrell

Residential, commercial & auto locksmith, rekey locks, install deadbolts & locks, electronic key pad, keyless entry, fire cabinet locks, file cabinet locks maintenance, repair & upgrade, access control systems, safe combination changes & auto keys made.

Drill open safes