Quality First Home Improvement Inc.

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2011

6545 Sunrise Blvd 202

Citrus Heights, CA 95610

Quality First Home Improvement, Inc. provides and installs a variety of home improvement products for residential clients throughout Northern California, including roofing, gutters, windows, all types of patio covers, cool wall exterior coating, solar systems, siding, stucco, decks and more. We are

04/09/2020

kimberly W.

First, let it be known that Quality First solicited US for business- not the other way around! One evening, while painting my front room, a canvasser from the company knocked on our door; wow! do I regret ever answering that door!!!! Long story short, after three visits and a very LONG sales pitch which involved at least a forty page portfolio, we finally agreed to sign a contract to have our house painted. The price was significantly more than what we expected, but because of the presence of lead paint - as well as being lied to and told that the paint would have to be removed to the bare wood was exposed - we agreed on a price of 40,941 for the job. Of course, it didn't help their cause when Oleg threw in a manipulative little statement that was reminiscent of some of the things I used to hear from my mother: "two employees in addition to the canvasser have invested numerous hours in bringing this contract to the table; how could you just back out now?" I let that little bit of unprofessional sales behavior go, but I did not forget it. Now, I see that it is probably pretty representative of how they deal with customers. Since then, we have spent countless hours choosing paint colors, not to mention completing a goodly amount of prep work in anticipation of finally getting this job done. Needless to say, Covid 19 has slowed things down considerably, but we continued to rest assured that all was well; after all, we had a signed contract with a professional company. Well, boy was that a stupid assumption! Today, Chris called - amiable, "born to be a salesman" Chris who did all the right things to connect with us, right down to telling stories about his baby at home - and informed us that they had low-balled our quote and would need another $25,000 ( an additional 61%!!!!) to complete the job! Supposedly this diamond rated company doesn't have the proper equipment to paint a Victorian (one might ask then, why were they canvassing our neighborhood???), and the extra cost would be necessary to secure the proper scaffolding. Are you kidding me? That is almost 50% more - on a price that was unbelievable in the first place!!! You can bet that we reminded them that we have a contract; we reminded them that from our dining room table, Oleg phoned the owner/president of the company to go over numbers before we ever signed; and we also reminded them that they had a legal obligation to eat the extra cost. What we didn't say was that we believe that this deserves a visit to a lawyer, and we will be doing so at our first opportunity! Chris and Oleg: you lost out today on a lot of future sales! We live in a pocket of historic homeowners who are in constant need of home repairs, and we were prepared to tell everyone what we knew of you - what nice guys you were; how honest you were, blah, blah, blah. As of today, however, we will shout to the moon that your diamond certified company -apparently diamonds are not what they used to be! - does not uphold its contracts!

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category replacement windows, house painters

05/18/2019

Stephanie G.

I had my roof installed 8 years ago and they left me with a whole in one of my exterior walls. Not a big one, but big enough. After several calls, I never received a response and it's gone unfixed because I just gave up thinking I was being too picky. This year has been particularly rainy and early in the season after a big storm, some of the shingles in my roof have lifted and come off. I have several leaks also. I started calling in January and no one has come to fix it yet. (This is May) I've left message after message with people claiming to be the last message receiver's boss, and then HIS boss, and then HIS boss, and was promised a call back by noon the next business day and still...nothing. These roofs supposedly come with a lifetime warranty but apparently that doesn't apply to their customer service. Travis, Chris, and Scott talk a good game, but I'd rather they just fix my roof.

Description of Work
Roof replacement needed after purchasing home in 2011

08/10/2018

tim L.

Quote for TPO roof and the house coating was astronomically high. Received the typical sales pitch where they quote an unbelievably high price and tell you they are doing you a favor by giving you a $6,000 discount. Then they tell you that unless you make a decision today, the prices are supposed to go up in a few days. Quotes from other roofers were less than half of what Quality First wanted to charge. I had purchased windows from them about 9 years ago and was happy with the service and finished product.

Description of Work
Received quote for new TPO roof and house coating

06/27/2018

Jill B.

I am starting with a D. If Quality First actually comes through and does the job satisfactorily, I may upgrade my review later. I am beginning to think that I am being scammed - they have gotten off to a very poor start. Started this process in mid May. Very poor client communication - much of which I've had to initiate, and of which they've been very bad at following up on. Long story short(er), Ygrene gave the green light to go on the project almost two weeks ago, and I haven't heard word one from Quality First, even though I've reached out to them several times. I am scratching my head, wondering what their deal is. I've given benefit of the doubt several times over - they are making me chase THEM. Which is ludicrous and perplexing, to say the least. If I hadn't already gone through the finance approval process and gotten approval for THIS company, I'd be walking away very quickly. So, Quality First, we need some resolution, here!

Description of Work
Roofing and Gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

02/14/2018

Doris W.

Great, no problems except we have 2 windows in kitchen that meet in a corner which were very difficult to do, but they were very professionally completed. They look great.

Description of Work
12 new windows and a sliding patio door.

Category replacement windows

02/08/2018

Melissa S.

This company was excellent! Excellent salesman, and nice quality craftsmanship from their workers. We are extremely pleased with everything from the initial meeting to the price to the final product. Absolutely no complaints.

Description of Work
New roof on Home

Category remodeling, roofing

Thank you big time !

02/08/2018

Lynn S.

very well, installers were very nice, did great work & cleaned up mess

Description of Work
New roof installed

01/26/2018

James M.

The staff and contractors were all very professional and flexible. They were punctual as well as stayed as late as possible to complete their daily tasks .I am very pleased with the unit and the company . I highly recommend this company for any further projects.

Description of Work
Installation of HVAC unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, replacement windows

The owner is a MILITARY VET who take's great pride in a job well done. Thank you for the kind words. Mike L Quality First Home Improvement, Inc

01/25/2018

Jeffrey M.

Quality work and good guys to work with.

Description of Work
Roofing, flooring, tiling, and new countertops

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

Kind words makes us all proud of what we do each and everyday. Thank you very much ! Mike L Quality First Home Improvement,Inc

01/18/2018

Aaron B.

The whole project went great! Point man Tony represented the company well by delivering everything promised. We received exactly what we were contracted to pay for- no hidden fees, no surprises. The work was excellent! Project clean up was spotless. The work crews were friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Replace roof and siding

Category roofing, siding, skylights, house painters

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the great review. Mike L Quality First Home Improvement,Inc

12/16/2017

Dianna S.

On the windows, we paid for double payne, and received triple. The lead man on the crew was very knowledgeable and paid attention to detailes. The whole crew was very professional. On the solar portion of the job, we couldn't be happier. Our PG&E bill has been reduced significantly. The panels Quality First uses are American made. Another very important bit of information about Quality First is they are a Diamond Company. The Diamond Company rating is very hard to achieve and Quality First has maintained this Diamond Rating for several years. We feel that if you want your project done right, give Quality First a call. You won't be disappointed. And YES, l would use them again.

Description of Work
New solar system and 13 New Windows

Category replacement windows, solar panels

Wow - your fanatstic. Thank you for the praise and thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you how well we can do projects. Mike L Quality FIrst Home Improvement, Inc

12/14/2017

Kim F.

Very quick. No delays from balancing other jobs. Cleaned up when done.

Description of Work
Roof, solar, house painting, replaced windows and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, house painters, solar panels

Would have loved a grade of "A but "B" means good so THANK YOU KINDLY for taking the time and posting the review. Mike L Quality First Home Improvement, Inc

12/01/2017

Betsy T.

Efficiently, all work was completed in 4 hours and the area was left clean.

Description of Work
Solar panels installed.

Category solar panels

09/19/2017

Sharon M.

Great. Work performed as promised and in a timely manner

Description of Work
New roof installation

08/20/2017

Jonathan S.

We may have been one of the lucky ones, but we had a great experience with Paul and Quality First. They were in our block doing work for a neighbor and they noticed our old/poor roof. We were in the market to replace it anyway (as disclosed by our home inspector when we bought the home), so timing was good. We scheduled for Paul to come to our house and go through the products list and options. Yes, it was expensive but we were able to negotiate a reasonable price for a lifetime GAF roof product and warranty. QFHI came out a few weeks later to do the tear down and install of our roof in 2 days and we were pleased with their work. The project manager called me to provide updates and also followed up with me after the job was completed. The roof looks fantastic and there haven't been any issues -- especially during the last wet winter. No leaks, no problems. The only thing that I'm not a huge fan of is they do like to cold call and push more home projects, but I inform them we are not looking to do any updates/renovations at this time. Overall, we were very satisfied with their work on our new roof. I would recommend Quality First (for roofing).

Description of Work
We needed a new roof

08/01/2017

Janet S.

It went very smoothly. Was done in a timely manner and the crew were quite and clean.

Description of Work
had our roof replace (3 layers)

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

06/21/2017

Don B.

Exceptionally well we will always call on quality first.

Description of Work
Driveway replaced which came out way better then expected we are now having them replace windows on the back of the house where the sun is all day. We currently have dual pane that was installed about 6 years ago, they are replacing with triple pane

Category concrete driveways, replacement windows

05/18/2017

Barbara P.

Everything was wonderful until the very last job. Molding need to be put back around windows in an addition that were not replaced. The molding job was very unprofessional. Did not miter corners and did not do a good job.

Description of Work
Windows replaced, roof replaced and house painted.

Category roofing, replacement windows

04/11/2017

Bernie R.

Poorly. The price they quoted me was considerably higher than all the others, but the worst part was the deceitful way they provided the payment options. First, they said they were looking for projects to start as soon as possible, so they would take 20% right off the top bringing it down to "only" $27,000+. But wait, since I was going to get a 30% "rebate" on next years taxes due to the tax credit all solar customers receive, it brought the cost down to only $19,000+...but ONLY if I agreed to give them the ENTIRE rebate when I received it next year!! I would have to actually sign a second contract promising to give the entire thing to them when I got it, but this contract also had an incredibly high interest rate! But, they told me not to worry about that, because I wouldn't have to pay any interest as long as they got the full amount in one years time...even if I did not receive the full $8,000 rebate I would still have to pay them that amount! So if I only got back $7,000 and gave it all to them, I would have to finance the remaining $1,000 at that disgusting interest rate! Pretty sweet deal, huh? FOR THEM! Absolutely incredible. I gave them no rating for the materials because I believe they did have good quality materials from what the sales person and my follow up research revealed, but I can't be certain since I did not use them. From what I recall, their warranty was pretty good. Also, I think they got here on time when they arrived to give me the estimate, so...a "B" for punctuality. I gave them a "D" for responsiveness because as soon as I told them I was not interested, they started calling me to try to get me to do it anyway. And remarkably, they offered to help me out by "giving me a better price." Really? Why didn't you do that in the first place??? Overall, I did not like their disingenuous tactics and I ended up getting solar installed for almost half the price, with a great warranty. And you know what?? I get to keep my tax credit rebate.

Description of Work
This company was one of five, which gave me a quote for solar panel installation.

Category solar panels

12/05/2016

Deanna T.

Poor only interested in making a sale dont want to see the roof terrible attitude

Description of Work
New Roofing and gutters

08/28/2015

Jo Ann W.

I paid them on 7/19 and they said it was finished but it wasn't. There was a wire that needed to be connected. They didn't come out and connect the wire until just a few days before the final inspection. I was disappointed because one time I had to clean up their mess. I wasn't impressed. Final inspection was August 10th, day 27 of the project.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof. They also fixed dry rot.

05/07/2015

Michael J.

The workers, when they have done the project, were very conscientious. They were actually better than standard quality and because of that, they created little more work. The distractor is more substantial than it would have been. He actually put a deck on the top of it. The sales man initially came out to check-out the other things. They did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
We used Quality Home Improvement Inc. They build sunroom.

Category sunrooms

04/09/2015

Cherolyn G.

This is in reference to the new quality first office in Reno, NV. This is the worst company ever. Run away from them. They were contracted to remodel my elderly mothers bathroom last November. They didn't show up to work until she finally followed up at the end of January. They ripped out the bathroom and then left her for over a week without a bathroom because the technician assigned to her house was out sick. When she reached out to the company to request someone else come and hook up the toilet at the very least, the owner was demeaning and rude. He did eventually send someone to hook up the toilet. Several weeks later they finished the bathroom which included tile that wasn't fully adhered to the floor, cracking grout and crooked grout lines, a mismatched shower surround and shelf and a fully leaking pipe system. The person who did the plumbing work was not licensed to do so and didn't know what he was doing. We only found this out because my mother insisted that permits were pulled for the job (something they don't normally do) and when the city inspector came to inspect the bathroom and close the permits he failed the work and noted that they did not have a plumbing license. After a month of her having to vacuum up the water under her house every time she used the shower, they told her they were going to send back out the original worker to fix the plumbing (the same guy who didn't have a plumbing license). When she told them that she had reported them to the contractors board and that they required that a licensed plumber do the repair they promised to send a licensed plumber out. Instead they sent the original technician and a retired plumber who was no longer licensed or bonded. When my mother told them that per the contractors board the repairs needed to be done by a licensed contractor they told her fine we are done with you and left. Of course she is a trusting soul who paid them over $9k to be taken advantage of. The contractors board will be going after this company, but please do not make the mistake of allowing them in your home. They are scam artists who don't think twice about taking advantage of an elderly woman.

Description of Work
remodeled bathroom

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

02/26/2015

karen T.

first measure was incorrect, which delayed the project. Aluminum patio cover does look nice and the workman were friendly and efficient.

Description of Work
patio cover

Category house painters

02/19/2015

linda B.

Bid was more than 50% higher than our other two bids. While we were making our decisions, we received three calls from the company, saying "the boss decided our bid was too high and we can do better than that" or "guess what, we've got a special sale running right now", etc" but only if we met with the salesman again. Since it had been less than a month, we told the caller that we didn't need a return visit, jut a revised bid. Nothing ever materialized. I dislike games - give me your best bid and be done with it.

Description of Work
Gave us an estimate for replacing a roof. Estimator was very pleasant - no issues with him.