Five Star Appliance Repair

Citrus Heights, CA 95621

Family owned & operated.

06/20/2018

Marcia G.

It was excellent, he knew was he is doing, polite and i'm very pleased.

Description of Work
They provided a iced maker repair.

Category appliance repair

Sorry but you have the wrong company. We are located in Citrus Heights not So Cal. Can you please update your review and remove it from my business. Thank you. Steve Five Star Appliance Repair

02/13/2018

Scott R.

Friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Called for a repair on my washing machine. He said he didn't work on this model but answered some questions on I had on how to go forward with fixing the problem. Will have to call for someone who works on this model.

02/13/2018

Scott R.

Everything went well.

Description of Work
New water heater

02/05/2018

Marisa B.

I requested an appointment on his website...did not hear from anyone. I finally called, yes they had my request, just didn't get to it. We the tech said he was done; I asked if you could vacuum all dust around the coils, etc. I believe that a good/better tech would have done that without my asking. Other than that the work was satisfactory.

Description of Work
Check my refrigerator of possible leaks, other than the ice maker water line

Category appliance repair

Sorry but Five Star Appliance has never been to your home. Please update your review and remove it from my business. Thank you Steve Five Star Appliance Repair

06/22/2017

Lois L.

Steve from Five Star said the compressor was failing and since it would have cost more to replace the compressor than what I paid for the refrigerator, he installed a switch that would keep it going temporarily, giving me time to buy a new fridge.

Description of Work
I had an 8 year old Amana refrigerator/freezer that was no longer freezing.

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the review! Steve

05/17/2017

Elina T.

Very well. Service was thorough; repairman was professional.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Category appliance repair

Thank you so much for the review! Steve

09/26/2016

Brenda W.

It went good. Found the problem.

Description of Work
Washer repair

10/18/2015

Deborah J.

It went very well in a timely manner. Work & time as stated.

Description of Work
Repair refrig.

06/22/2015

Jackie K.

Category appliance repair

Hi [removed member name], I show no service call for [removed member's address]. Or any service call for you by name. Can you please call me in regards to this. I think you may have posted this review for the wrong business. I will also be contacting Angie's List to clear this up. Thank you.

02/19/2015

Barbara E.

Description of Work
Our dishwasher was not working. Steve was prompt in scheduling an appointment with us. The first part was defective and Steve replaced it asap. Would definitely call him again in the future.

03/30/2014

Michael M.

02/21/2014

Jim C.

He simply took a cable tie and repositioned the drain hose, then he charged me $65 for the service call, but he did state and quot;no labor chargeand quot;. I have used him in the past so I considered him to be reliable. I would not have charged the customer, especially a repeat customer, in this situation. I would have given him $20 for his time since he was in the area anyway. He was here less than 5 minutes. In fact it took him longer to fill out the paperwork than it did to fix(?) the problem. He was in a real hurry to leave. I'll look elsewhere next time.

Description of Work
I had a problem with the dishwasher not draining properly. I explained the issue over the phone at his request. I waited 3 days for him to come out and I think he could have given me the fix he did over the phone.

Category appliance repair

(removed member name), Sorry you feel that $65.00 was too much to pay for a completed repair. I wish you had said something while I was there explaining what I had found and that because your air gap had been removed was why you were having this issue. I am never in a hurry to leave a service call. My most important call is the one I'm at. We both know it took longer then 5 minutes just to discuss that. I know at least one company that would have charged you $125.00 just to knock on your door. Then charge labor also. And I doubt they would take $20.00 if you offered them that. I have a lot of repeat customers I do work for everyday and have a great working relationship with. I would like the opportunity to work with you again. I will even let you pick the price you pay me. May spotless reviews are very important to me as well as a happy and satisfied customer. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Steve

09/09/2013

Barth W.

Our dishwasher 's touchpad was broken. I discussed the malfunction with the helpful man who answered my call; he estimated the repair cost, which would be more than half the cost of a new one, and , when I asked, gave me a recommendation for a new model, one also highly recommended by Consumer Reports. I appreciated his advice and we decided to purchase a new dishwasher. Based on this encounter, I would be very likely to hire this provider for future appliance repairs.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate for a dishwasher repair(parts, labor, service call)

04/02/2013

Brian F.

Repaired fast and efficiently .

Description of Work
Repaired washing machine motor, and replaced some parts.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

03/30/2013

Ronald P.

The MWOven was functioning in all aspects except heating. I had researched the internet and found the diode and capacitor was, ostensibly, available...but not the magnetron. The circuit components checking required instruments I did not have. The technician could do this checking and determine if the oven could be repaired. He did and it couldn't. His performance was excellent in all respects. This work was a simple evaluation/diagnosis of the Microwave oven. No repair or replacement because, as previously noted, major parts are no longer available. End of review.

Description of Work
Evaluated the microwave oven parts: magnetron, capacitor, diode, and transformer. Determined the capacitor and diode had failed. Attempted to locate replacements and confirmed my findings of "No Longer Available".

12/28/2012

Kathy G.

Found the leak. Repaired loose pipe.

Description of Work
Fixed gas leak in stove.

11/01/2012

George S.

My washer was not working properly, so I called Steve, who was recommended by a friend. He said he would be out the next day between 11:00 and 1:00 to check it and give an estimate and would call first. He called about 10:15 and was here early. He thoroughly checked the washer and found a switch to be stuck. He didn't have the correct switch and had to order it. He said he would have it the next day and would be here between 12:00 and 2:00 and again would call first. He called and was here before 11:30 and had it fixed in a few minutes. Steve was professional and explained what was going on.

Description of Work
Replaced switch in washer.

10/15/2012

Brian F.

Arrived on time, performed the work. Checked cooktop for performance, then cleaned area and disposed of broken cooktop.

Description of Work
Replaced ceramic cooktop and removed the old one.

03/09/2012

GARY F.

I called them regarding repair of my microwave oven combo GE brand built in 1983. They asked me the model number and found that parts are no longer available for this unit. That saved me their $65.00 service call (a reasonable fee) and put on the right track. I felt very comfortable with tier knowledge and honest answer that it may not be fixable. My wife and I suspected that might be the case and they helped confirm our guess Being in a related service business myself for many years, it was refreshing to deal with a company that seems as honest and fair as I was dealing with my customers.

Description of Work
They just helped us over the phone for free regarding our built-in microwave / oven combo.

01/05/2012

frank M.

The work was simple and straightforward.

Description of Work
Replaced 8-inch heating element and socket for element on electric cooktop.

04/02/2011

Brian F.

Arrived on time, he performed the work, and made suggestions for getting better performance from my dryer.

Description of Work
Steve(the owner/repairman) removed and replaced a thermal fuse on my dryer. I have used the same company in the past for washing machine repair. Steve comes on time, is prepared and offers advice on how to prevent the breakdown of the appliance in the future.

06/29/2008

frank M.

Side-by-side Whirlpool freezer/refrigerator (8 years old) stopped working. All contents spoiled. Called as soon as business opened. Serviceman arrived very shortly and identified problem (burned out relay switch) quickly. Had necessary replacement part on truck. Had unit back in operation within minutes. Serviceman was very knowledgeable, very friendly.

Description of Work
Diagnose and repair side by side freezer/ refrigerator.

04/27/2006

THEY ARE A VERY RELIABLE COMPANY. I CALLED THEM ON MONDAY AND THEY CAME OUT ON TUESDAY. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY OF WORK THEY PERFORMED FOR ME.

Description of Work
THEY REPAIRED MY WASHING MACHINE.