DS Improvements

Founded 2010 • With Angi since June 2010

3.5

6800 Sugar Maple Way

Citrus Heights, CA 95610

DS Improvements is a new General Contracting company in the Sacramento Area with over 60 years of combined experience. We service approximately a 30 mile radius from Orangevale. We will go further depending on the project. Currently we exist as a General Partnership with the two partners as the

02/04/2015

Maureen C.

Description of Work
There was a big effort to work on my project initially. Then it got to the point where they ignored my calls. The worst part was they took the only set of architectural plans I have and promised me to give them back with an electronic copy as they needed them to work on the project. I have begged for them back, but they do not take my calls or return my messages.

Category drywall, electrician, garage doors, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

01/23/2015

Blake B.

I was never contacted by this company to get the work started. When I reached out to them a few months later, they were very apologetic, but unhelpful and obviously disorganized. I talked to Sean Pritchard in the office.

Description of Work
I purchased a pre-paid offer for design plans.

Category architect

I am sympathetic to [member's name removed] situation, although there are some details that don't line up to our interaction. As I remember, this was almost a year and a half ago, we had contacted [member's name removed] and tried to set up a time to consult with him. At that time he had a busy schedule and was unable to commit to a time to meet and was going to contact us back when he could commit to a time. Months later I had a conversation with [member's name removed] about being charged the $99 from Angies List and had not gotten the design work. I asked him at that time if he would like to continue with the design or try to get a refund. He elected to receive a refund due to the fact that the project was already completed. I told [member's name removed] at that time that the monies did not get charged or retained by my company and that the refund had to come from Angies List directly. I, being new to this program, did not know to advise [member's name removed] as to obtaining the refund but said that I would look into it on my end. This is where we dropped the ball. We are not in any way trying to retain any monies for services not provided. To date I have contacted my representative with Angies List, but feel that this issue is a conflict outside of my control and can only be resolved between [member's name removed]and Angies List.

03/08/2012

Dana T.

DS Improvements sheet rocked the garage and put new wiring and plugs in it. A new garage door and hot water heater were also placed in the garage. In the kitchen we closed in the door to the garage and open a wall for a pantry. Sheet rocking was done as well as texturing the walls. The kitchen cabinets were sanded and repainted. The living room, family room, hall and four bedrooms were textured and new doors installed. The family room wall was opened up. The hall bathroom was sheet rocked and textured after a window to the master bathroom was removed. New vanities, toilet and flooring were also installed. The tub/shower was refinished beautifully. One of the vanity's tops were broken by a worker and DS Improvements replace it at their cost.The master bathroom shower and hall bathroom had new glass doors installed. The master vanity was removed and new vanity installed. There was a huge time constraint and Sean had his men working to accommodate the move in date.

Description of Work
We inherited a 1970's four bedroom home that had not ever been updated. With three estimates, I went with DS Improvements. Sean was very professional with his bid. DS was not the cheapest, but with the bid laid out in a room by room cost, it was very easy to see what was going to be done and the cost. Sean updated the kitchen, two bathrooms and textured the house.

Category garage doors, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

02/24/2012

Cheryl D.

This was by far the most pleasurable remodeling experience I've ever incurred. Sean is an absolute dream to work with....courteous, professional, prompt, knowledgeable, hardworking, and friendly. I can't stress enough how pleasant the experience was for me. He arrived when he said he would and finished the project ahead of schedule. He was meticulous about everything right down to clean ing up. I didn't have to do a thing after the job was completed, except enjoy my new lights! I'm going to use him to redo my fireplace next. We've also discussed another project involving my kitchen....redoing my counter and backsplash. Sean is definitely my first choice for further remodeling projects. I'd gotten other bids on the lights and his was definitely comparable. He'd been referred by an electrician I'd called and it was a most fortunate referral. Thank you Sean!

Description of Work
The fluorescent light fixture (3 individual ballasts, overhead, outdated, oak framed) in my kitchen was replaced with recessed lighting and 2 pendants over my island. It required removal and reframing of the ceiling, installing drywall and retexturing the entire ceiling. It also required installing separate switches for the island lights and the recessed ceiling lights and making them operable from the outside wall and the entry into the kitchen. Plus installing a separate switch for an individual light over the sink area.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, home remodeling

Ouzts Construction

2Spec. Creations LLCA

All around outdoor carpentry from creating outdoor decks, porches and structures to fencing, Siding, roof leaks, and furniture.

Zendejas Flooring

Specializing in refinishing hardwood, floor recoating and installation. I’ve been in the construction industry for 16 and have specialized in hardwood flooring for over 5 years. As owner and operator I’m dedicated to bringing back to life your flooring.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

WE WARRANT OUR INSTALLATION OF PRODUCTS, CABINETRY

General Contracting; Kitchen Design, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Design, Bathroom Remodeling, Construction Management; Project Management; Remodel; Additions; Repair

N/A